PDA

View Full Version : Just came back

randar
04-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Hello all Just came back after a few years finally found my old toons on a server woot btw.

SO much has changed i have no idea where to start love soloing btw norm then hard then elite loving it!

question 1: why do some characters have a special anniversary box thingy for lvl 4 and new ones do not?

question 2: many items are now bound like maelstrom ( sad face ) why? and account bound but can not mail items = huh?

question 3: how do i see what adventure packs i have earned/bought over the years?

question #4: I only play WF toons and love them what class/specs etc do you recommend for the best solo experience or duo with wifey?

any other tips or suggestions more than welcome!

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Hello all Just came back after a few years finally found my old toons on a server woot btw.

SO much has changed i have no idea where to start love soloing btw norm then hard then elite loving it!

question 1: why do some characters have a special anniversary box thingy for lvl 4 and new ones do not?

question 2: many items are now bound like maelstrom ( sad face ) why? and account bound but can not mail items = huh?

question 3: how do i see what adventure packs i have earned/bought over the years?

question #4: I only play WF toons and love them what class/specs etc do you recommend for the best solo experience or duo with wifey?

any other tips or suggestions more than welcome!

first welcome back!

2nd - many players leave (and always come back).

Read the release notes and ddowiki.com.

3rd - don't stress it - keep your existing character and just create another and play from level one. enjoy the game while you (re)learn it.

Have fun storming the castle! Might see you around Khyber!

ok - onto yours

8th Anniversary (2014) - http://ddowiki.com/page/Anniversary_Card_Collection
items change as the game evolves. there is a shared bank (partially free to VIP's - available for TP from in game store) that allows BtA stuff to be transferred between characters of same account of same server
you might be able to research this through https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php or send them an email / call them - else what shows up as available to purchase is what you don't own.
Many possible explanations - but a Soul Survivor (2H greatsword wielding Favored Soul) combined with a WF Artificer (or rogue) would cover most of the basis.

randar
04-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Hello and thank you UurlockYgmeov

so this 8th anniversary thing only on existing characters and or 1 per server or?

wife is going wiz/rog i guess i will do pally/cleric to heal and tank?

how do i use a lesser wood heart?

stoerm
04-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Most anniversary gifts are one per character. Some are one per server and appear on the first alt you log in.

Hearts of wood are used in the reincarnation grove. You'll find it in the hall of heroes in the market. I suggest you research your options befor blowing a heart of wood. It's valuable / expensive to buy from the store.

Welcome back!

Lonnbeimnech
04-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Theres a new kind of warforged around, called bladeforged. They get all the bonuses that wf get, plus they get recon as a racial ability, and because of that there is no reason to make a wf.

moomooprincess
04-07-2015, 08:19 PM
The anniversary bag ONLY went to the first character that you logged into on that server. The rest of the characters on that account on that server do not get one.

example,

There are eight servers. An account can have a character on each server. The most anniversary bags an account can have is one bag * eight servers = eight. I should say SHOULD HAVE.

There is no way to officially see what packs you own.

You can use the DDO Store to do it though, Make sure to check the option box to show all content. Then search the adventures packs. It should say something like, THIS ITEM CANNOT BE PURCHASED. Which means you own it.

The 8th anniversary bag has NO VALUE for you now. You can add the cards to your Image Gallery, and then put the cards and the cruncher back into your bag. Too bad, the BLUE die stays out of the bag, and you now have two items that do nothing and take up two inventory slots.

Turbine did bring back more collector cards for the mimic event, so the bag and cruncher have some value but since the bag only holds 12 items, guess what? There are already 22 different cards, a die and a cruncher. They all cannot fit into a 12 item bag. My advice, HANG ON TO IT ALL ANYWAY.

Since we do not know what characters the wife likes to play, I will guess cleric.

For you choose a Warforged umpteen wizard/2 rogue. For her, a human cleric. You can use hireling fighters or paladins. You have the rest handled until you get to level 9th or so. Or you can keep using them, even though the higher up you go the dumber they seem to get.

If she is playing warforged also, then make hers UMPTEEN Sorceror/ 2 Paladin

UurlockYgmeov
04-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Theres a new kind of warforged around, called bladeforged. They get all the bonuses that wf get, plus they get recon as a racial ability, and because of that there is no reason to make a wf.

Bladeforged have to be purchased - and if you want to play from 1st (or 4th or 7th level with veteran status) - the Warforged is still a good choice.

But if you want to play from level 15 to 28(cap) then yes, Bladeforged have advantages.

The anniversary bag ONLY went to the first character that you logged into on that server. The rest of the characters on that account on that server do not get one.

example,

There are eight servers. An account can have a character on each server. The most anniversary bags an account can have is one bag * eight servers = eight. I should say SHOULD HAVE.

There is no way to officially see what packs you own.

You can use the DDO Store to do it though, Make sure to check the option box to show all content. Then search the adventures packs. It should say something like, THIS ITEM CANNOT BE PURCHASED. Which means you own it.

The 8th anniversary bag has NO VALUE for you now. You can add the cards to your Image Gallery, and then put the cards and the cruncher back into your bag. Too bad, the BLUE die stays out of the bag, and you now have two items that do nothing and take up two inventory slots.

Turbine did bring back more collector cards for the mimic event, so the bag and cruncher have some value but since the bag only holds 12 items, guess what? There are already 22 different cards, a die and a cruncher. They all cannot fit into a 12 item bag. My advice, HANG ON TO IT ALL ANYWAY.

Since we do not know what characters the wife likes to play, I will guess cleric.

For you choose a Warforged umpteen wizard/2 rogue. For her, a human cleric. You can use hireling fighters or paladins. You have the rest handled until you get to level 9th or so. Or you can keep using them, even though the higher up you go the dumber they seem to get.

If she is playing warforged also, then make hers UMPTEEN Sorceror/ 2 Paladin

well said.

Hello and thank you UurlockYgmeov

so this 8th anniversary thing only on existing characters and or 1 per server or?

wife is going wiz/rog i guess i will do pally/cleric to heal and tank?

how do i use a lesser wood heart?

you are most certainly welcome

http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation

This should answer most of your questions about how to use a heart of wood.

2 Rogue 18 Wizard is a very solid build and would go well with a 15 paladin + FvS + Fighter? - and if both warforged / bladeforged

No matter what - remember to just play the game and have fun!

randar
04-08-2015, 02:06 AM
hello and thank you

I do not currently have a bladeforged but will look into it :)

I got some pretty good stuff in my anniversary bags cakes that became tomes and weapons etc.

wife is playing a elf wiz/rog atm

her anniversary bag had just some cards nothing good like my bags did sadly.

i currently do not have 32 build most favor on my lvl 11 guy is only 800 :( so lots to do still.

Jiirix
04-08-2015, 04:49 AM
Quick summary of warforged builds that don't need a toon of gear:

Bladeforged Paladin with a two handed weapon and mostly Knight of the Chalice enhancements, this tree gets you lots of damage and free cleaves. They start with level 16 and rampage to 28 easily
Bleadeforged Paladin with "Sword and Board" (pick is better imho) with the new vanguard tree. It has never been easier to build a tank, sadly there is not a great demand for tanks anymore. Still great fun and starts at level 16 too.

Bladeforged or Warforged Sorccerer: With the new (and now bugfree) SLAS you can nuke everything but epic elite quests and don't run out of spellpoints. Mobs save to much on EE if you don't have max gear/pastlives. Still great nuking fun all around and once you get your powerlevel maxxed there is nothing like holding a hughe group of epic elite mobs and blow them to dust with a single energy burst :)

Warforged Archmage Wizzard: Enchantment and/or Necro for level 1-20, but I would swap to Evocation Archmage SLAS and shiradi in epics. ( I know those are a bit outdatet now, but remember, we are talking about a low gear toon here folks, so no flaming please.) Works on everything becaue the mobs get no saves and leaves room for a second school of your choice. But I would choose one that does not target fort saves. (like WEB, Hold, or flesh to stone). Or you invest in eldrich night, grab a shield, get adamantine body and build up your resistance ratings. Tankish Shiradi Missile launchers are kind of god mode now, but a bit boring to play.

Warforged Artificer: One of the best heroic solo toons in the game. Traps, good ranged DPS with INT for damage, great selfheals, bladebarrier .. it's a nice package. Works still good in epics but you may still need a group for epic elite. Got a buff with this update.

moomooprincess
04-08-2015, 05:25 AM
hello and thank you

I do not currently have a bladeforged but will look into it :)

I got some pretty good stuff in my anniversary bags cakes that became tomes and weapons etc.

wife is playing a elf wiz/rog atm

her anniversary bag had just some cards nothing good like my bags did sadly.

i currently do not have 32 build most favor on my lvl 11 guy is only 800 :( so lots to do still.

Since she plays wizard/rogue see if she likes going Pale Master and having a skeleton warrior follow her and be a bodyguard. I find wizard/rogues to be very functional and since INT is common characteristic in the two classes, a good multi-class.

You should choose umpteen Sorceror/2 Paladin. (You choose the paladin for the extra bonus in saves you get.) Once this character hits 10th level, your character will dominate for quite sometime. Just be sure to take the repair spells. Or, your wife can switch repair spells in and out for you and play your repairer, while she can also do offensive firepower if needed. Her job should be to do the traps and buff you and repair you.

For hirelings, I suggest that you have a fighter/paladin while your wife brings a cleric plus her skeleton warrior. You should not have any problems in any quest. Although, your fighter hireling might die a lot, but then that is his/her job, be the meatshield.

But it sounds like your Warforged is already moving along, so play that one.

If you two are having fun now, then your characters are perfect, IMHO.

unbongwah
04-08-2015, 09:55 AM
For the sixth anniversary three years ago, all existing chars received a piece of Six Year Old Cake (http://ddowiki.com/page/Six_Year_Old_Cake). For the seventh, we got a Birthday Battle Box (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Birthday_Battle_Box). Last year was the anniversary cards (http://ddowiki.com/page/Anniversary_Card_Collection), this year was the Mimic Hunt (http://ddowiki.com/page/Mimic_Hunt). You should also have one or two raider's boxes (http://ddowiki.com/page/Raider%27s_Reward_Box) on your old chars.

Update 17 included a major overhaul of a lot of old named loot (http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_17_named_items#Redesign_of_old_heroic_named _items); in particular, a lot of unbound items are now BtCoE. But the pre-U17 loot still exists; I know I still have unbound versions of Muckbane, Giant Stalker Knife, etc. cluttering up my bank alts.

Presuming you're a Premium player, the easiest option is probably to go into the DDO Store and select Show All under Adventure Packs; anything listed as unavailable for purchase is something you already own. If you're a VIP subscriber, though, I don't know if there's an easy way.

WF have been overshadowed by Bladeforged (http://ddowiki.com/page/Bladeforged), a P2P Iconic race who have all of the same advantages as WF plus get a racial Reconstruct SLA, which is a huge boon for a BF char who doesn't have access to Repair / Reconstruct spells otherwise. The only downside to BF is they have to start pally, so if you want to play an alignment-restricted class as a BF (i.e., druid, barb, or bard), you have to LR +1 to get rid of the pally lvl, buy an alignment change from the DDO Store, then LR +X times to switch to that other class(es).

That said, WF are still a solid choice for artificer or wizard; and if your wife is playing an arcane caster, you can delegate Repairs to her, in which case a WF melee is also an option. WF pure barb has hella DPS and even some self-healing from the PrE abilities.

randar
04-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Hello and yes thank you

I had cakes and all kinds of goodies on my toons and several servers are gone i had toons on they were moved to new ones.

I have unbound muckbane but my old maelstrom is now bound it seems.

I enjoy playing solo and duo with wife i am now a 4/4 cleric/pld saving up favor for 32 point build etc once i have that i will do a reincarnate thingy and then make some other kind of WF :)

as for gear i have good gear lvl 2 req +4 tower shield race required WF and holy mace lvl 2 same thing etc. many race required WF gear i collected years ago. I haven't seen any race required gears since i came back do they still exsist?