PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Monday, April 6th 8:00 AM-12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cordovan
04-04-2015, 04:25 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, April 6th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch the latest game update, Update 25: Reign of Elemental Evil. Release notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

SirValentine
04-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Eastern (-5 GMT)

Should that be -4 GMT? Didn't you all swap to Daylight time already?

Cynick
04-04-2015, 05:42 PM

Europe switched last weekend, so its back to -5 GMT again, normal service has been resumed

Chi_Ryu
04-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Europe switched last weekend, so its back to -5 GMT again, normal service has been resumed

Not quite, to be pedantic that'd be -5 BST (British Summer Time), or -4 GMT/UTC. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) is -4 GMT/UTC.

Timezones are silly.

UurlockYgmeov
04-04-2015, 07:11 PM
can't wait for Monday!

SirValentine
04-04-2015, 07:50 PM
EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) is -4 GMT/UTC.

Yes.

Timezones are silly.

I don't feel time zones are silly, but I sure feel Daylight Time is silly. Like you can somehow get more daylight by cutting it off one end of the day and gluing it onto the other.

Phoenix-daBard
04-04-2015, 11:51 PM
As a crossbow user of all types I am looking forward to this.

Looking forward to TOEE as well but not nearly as much.

Loholt-UK
04-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Did this really have to happen on a UK Bank Holiday?

FranOhmsford
04-05-2015, 06:58 AM
I don't feel time zones are silly, but I sure feel Daylight Time is silly. Like you can somehow get more daylight by cutting it off one end of the day and gluing it onto the other.

We have this argument every year these days in the UK and the simple answer is that it makes it safer for children to get to and from school in Winter.

Obviously the simple reply would be to change school hours in Winter. But that would require the Government to do something sensible so never going to happen.

skorpeon
04-05-2015, 07:00 AM

Holidays in a lot of places on Monday, is it not in the US also?

Shame as it is during the day when I just maybe could have played.

Also looking forward to the changes and well always interested in new content although if I have to pay I wait until I really need it (and if it is on sale). I have only run post U22 stuff once or twice.

Just read the other thread, no holiday in the USA. Still no big deal for me. I am usually online late so hopefully the update will run without a hitch (ohh now I am getting superstitious again!).

FranOhmsford
04-05-2015, 07:02 AM

Doesn't every DDO Downtime?

I really don't understand why Turbine keep scheduling downtimes on Mondays - Seriously...What's wrong with Tuesdays?

Hendrik
04-05-2015, 07:06 AM

Yes.

Deadlines and not a bank holiday for the people that have to do the work Monday.

FranOhmsford
04-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Yes.

Deadlines and not a bank holiday for the people that have to do the work Monday.

Again - Why schedule Updates for Mondays at all?

Extended weekends make Fridays just as bad an idea but that still leaves Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays open for major downtime requirements.

Look - I think everyone here realises that its too late to get Turbine to push this Update back to Tuesday BUT is it really wrong of us to ask that Turbine takes account of the complaints and schedules subsequent downtimes for let's say Tuesdays?

Avenir
04-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Here we go again, geez.

legendkilleroll
04-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Seriously things on this forum are ridiculous, lets complain what days updates come out

Doesn't matter what day, what time, someone will be unhappy that their day has been ruined :P

Its a few hours, well planned that way, honestly think some of you guys cant help yourself with the complaining

nibel
04-05-2015, 08:39 AM
I really don't understand why Turbine keep scheduling downtimes on Mondays - Seriously...What's wrong with Tuesdays?

More time to do something if a crippling bug appear in the update?

Chi_Ryu
04-05-2015, 09:08 AM

Hi, there's a whole other thread on that topic (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457962-Update-25-on-Easter-Monday).

Extended weekends make Fridays just as bad an idea but that still leaves Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays open for major downtime requirements.

One reasonable point that has been raised is that updating on the Monday gives them more time to create a patch to fix any serious issues before the end of the week.

Seriously things on this forum are ridiculous, lets complain what days updates come out

Seriously, things on this forum are ridiculous, let's complain about people complaining that downtime will affect them. People whining about people whining annoy me more than the whining does in the first place.

"Deadlines" is a totally fair point. "Not a bank holiday" is not, since Tuesday is also not a bank holiday in the US.

FranOhmsford
04-05-2015, 09:17 AM
More time to do something if a crippling bug appear in the update?

I've thought of that but seriously what difference is one day going to make?
IF there's a crippling bug then the Devs are going to bring the servers back down as soon as possible anyway and the chances of it taking Tuesday evening, Wednesday AND Thursday before they notice said bug must be negligible in the extreme!

Also - Scheduling the Updates for Tuesdays would allow them to use Monday to review said update with fresh eyes AFTER a weekend's rest and BEFORE putting it out!
So less chance of those crippling bugs getting left in in the first place!

FranOhmsford
04-05-2015, 09:21 AM
One reasonable point that has been raised is that updating on the Monday gives them more time to create a patch to fix any serious issues before the end of the week.

See above post!

"Deadlines" is a totally fair point. "Not a bank holiday" is not, since Tuesday is also not a bank holiday in the US.

No...Deadlines aren't a reasonable point!

Because I'm asking not for this update to be rescheduled - It's too late for that and was too late the instant they announced it!

I'm asking for them to schedule subsequent updates for Tuesdays so as to have less chance of it falling on a Holiday somewhere around the World!
Bank Holidays are a thing you see!
Extended weekends are also a thing!
Mondays and Fridays are bad days for a Downtime because after the weekend itself they're the most likely days for people to take off work anyway!

TrinityTurtle
04-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Good luck Turbine peeps, I imagine update days are an absolute zoo at your jobs.

Allorian
04-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Wow, a seriously great update and people are already arguing and complaining about it! Just goes to show that you can't please everyone. Well I for one am looking forward to it even though I won't be able to check it out until the end of the week due to scheduling issues. Great Job Dev's, Thank you for your patience and keep up the great work!

Have a Great Day
Glam

Chi_Ryu
04-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Because I'm asking not for this update to be rescheduled - It's too late for that and was too late the instant they announced it!

Hi, please refer to the other thread where there is a full discussion of my opinion on scheduling of downtime, a discussion I'm not going to engage with further in this thread.

On a separate subject though, "deadlines" are indeed a valid reason. If the Business need is "this patch must be live by April 6th, or there will be Hell to pay"* and you are still working on it and need all the time you can to get it stable and bug free, then your hands are tied for an April 6th release.

Loholt-UK
04-05-2015, 01:40 PM
On a separate subject though, "deadlines" are indeed a valid reason. If the Business need is "this patch must be live by April 6th, or there will be Hell to pay"* and you are still working on it and need all the time you can to get it stable and bug free, then your hands are tied for an April 6th release.

You're telling me that tomorrow's release will be stable and bug-free and wouldn't benefit from another week of testing? I can't work out if that's sarcasm or naivety.

Chi_Ryu
04-05-2015, 02:20 PM
You're telling me that tomorrow's release will be stable and bug-free and wouldn't benefit from another week of testing? I can't work out if that's sarcasm or naivety.

I guess I should clarify; I'm saying if it has a "premature" deadline imposed on it (coming from on High, and non negotiable), in that they are not entirely ready for release and not confident they will be ready by the deadline, then it will be in their interests to release as late as possible so they can try and work on it as much as possible.

I should probably have said "as stable and bug free as they can make it, given the constraints" - is that more acceptable?

I'm certain it could use another month of testing. Most IT projects could.

My main point was that - speaking in generalities - deadlines can and often do matter; missing a deadline set by those in charge can quite easily lead to projects being cancelled/funding pulled/penalty clauses/whatever.

Nyata
04-05-2015, 02:20 PM
okay so either people are complaining that the downtime is on a holiday, or on their personal day off, or that it's on a day when their kids are at school or spouse is at work and they could play, or... I think there is no way to schedule so everyone is happy, so it basically does not matter.

Personally - I have to work even though it is a holiday here, and the downtime starts just when I have to head out. so I for one say well done! :)

on a side note: really looking forward to stacking thieves tools. best news ever.

Full_Bleed
04-05-2015, 03:08 PM
okay so either people are complaining that the downtime is on a holiday, or on their personal day off, or that it's on a day when their kids are at school or spouse is at work and they could play, or... I think there is no way to schedule so everyone is happy, so it basically does not matter.
You left out because the Rogue pass isn't finished, arrows in the temple do too much damage, and the guy in room 28 (3rd from the back) has his helmet on backwards.

Chaios
04-05-2015, 04:50 PM

Personally - I have to work even though it is a holiday here, and the downtime starts just when I have to head out. so I for one say well done! :)

Server Down Time permission granted! I travel for about 32 hours Monday.
(before someone feels compelled to inflict their mis-perception of the universal length of a Terrestrial day: Travelling W->E across the IDL... So, like Janis Joplin said "Its all the same f***in! day, man!")

Seikojin
04-05-2015, 06:13 PM
It is a bummer that I didn't schedule a day off for this, but I am stoked it is coming out. I also hope the mechanic still has their bonuses.

Fedora1
04-05-2015, 07:06 PM
So should we just go ahead and schedule Wednesday's downtime now to fix whatever happens to be the big thing that the update breaks?

Kidding! Just kidding! :)

Sexysysab
04-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Ridiculous lag, horrid load times ... so you already starting pre-loading update and making game unplayable ... EE Chrono lost from it ... we all got lagged and talked for about 8 mins with NOTHING happening. So, in future, announce the TRUE downtime ... whenever you start updating servers and quit trying to make it sound like it will just be 4 hours ... thank you ... and here come the butt-kissers ...

Eth
04-06-2015, 03:02 AM

Correct. Boston switched to DST on March 8th, so they are in -4 UTC.

Micki
04-06-2015, 04:44 AM
comment removed

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Any oddmakers online to give us the current odds that...

... ToEE will be a more or less bugfree experience from start on?
... we will see one or more major new bugs in the U25?
... we will see at least one hotfix within the next 10 days?
... we will see a helluva lot of new or old but resurfacing exploits that need at least 2 hotfixes to get under controll - and most exploiters as usual will have all the cool ToEE stuff until then and we non-exploiters as usual get the shaft (and abyssmal droprates of whatever is needed to get the cool stuff afterwards)?
... we see an extended downtime up until 2 p.m?
... any bugs reported from Lamaland got fixed before the update hits live at all?

My bets:
1.) 0%
2.) 100%
3.) 90%
4.) 80% (I belive in wonders and give a chance for no new exploits).
5.) 50%
6.) 0%

General_Gronker
04-06-2015, 06:50 AM
Wow, a seriously great update
Citation please thanks.

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 07:08 AM
https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/PicNews.jpg

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 07:08 AM
The game worlds are now down for the release of Update 25: Reign of Elemental Evil! We'll let you know when the servers reopen.

Therrias
04-06-2015, 07:10 AM
The game worlds are now down for the release of Update 25: Reign of Elemental Evil! We'll let you know when the servers reopen.

Release notes, please.

Loromir
04-06-2015, 07:10 AM

HMMM...I don't get it.

flagged
04-06-2015, 07:13 AM

Crusher!

Fedora1
04-06-2015, 07:14 AM
HMMM...I don't get it.

Same here.

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 07:14 AM
Release notes, please.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-25-release-notes

Hendrik
04-06-2015, 07:15 AM

Look - I think everyone here realises that its too late to get Turbine to push this Update back to Tuesday BUT is it really wrong of us to ask that Turbine takes account of the complaints and schedules subsequent downtimes for let's say Tuesdays?

Bean counters said so. Finished content or not, it launches when they say so.

Not to mention they have to beat the release of the new Temple on NVN.

You have been here for 5+ years Fran, updates on Monday should NOT be any surprise.

What are you going to do when people come and complain about downtime on Tuesday? Push back for them too? Wednesday, same thing? Thursday?

You do realize there are Holidays every day this week and they will impact someone with downtime.

Fedora1

404 error

flagged
ensign crusher get it?

Will Wheaton.... doh!

Sunnie
04-06-2015, 07:16 AM
404 error

They work for me.

Fedora1
04-06-2015, 07:17 AM
404 error

Working now, thanks Cordovan.

flagged
04-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Link not working for me

Aelonwy
04-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Any oddmakers online to give us the current odds that...

... ToEE will be a more or less bugfree experience from start on?
... we will see one or more major new bugs in the U25?
... we will see at least one hotfix within the next 10 days?
... we will see a helluva lot of new or old but resurfacing exploits that need at least 2 hotfixes to get under controll - and most exploiters as usual will have all the cool ToEE stuff until then and we non-exploiters as usual get the shaft (and abyssmal droprates of whatever is needed to get the cool stuff afterwards)?
... we see an extended downtime up until 2 p.m?
... any bugs reported from Lamaland got fixed before the update hits live at all?

My best guess:
1.) 0%
2.) 110%
3.) 75%
4.) 30% (Wishful Thinking perhaps that there will be no major exploits).
5.) 90% (extended till 1pm eastern) 75% (extended till 2pm eastern)
6.) 50% (I have hope, its struggling but still hope)

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 07:27 AM

All sounds very nice. Hopefully the Update 25 is as well done as the release notes ^^.

(edited)

Loholt-UK
04-06-2015, 07:31 AM

Correct. There is no way to make everybody happy, someone will always be unhappy when there is downtime. However, when scheduling downtime a company should consider when the downtime will affect the least number of people. The less people affected, the less people that are unhappy, the less people that complain. Turbine could have had a win just by scheduling this downtime tomorrow but instead they either failed to consider their user base at all or they decided that they were happy to make most of their European customers suffer 4 hours of downtime during what would have been a peak in the usage (an hour ago there were 14 of my guildies online - that's a similar number to how many are usually online on a raid night) had there not been any downtime. Either way Turbine have, in my opinion, failed.

If the downtime had been scheduled for tomorrow do you think we would have had threads stating "*** are Turbine playing at rolling out on a Tuesday? - that's 24 hours less to fix any issues before the weekend!" I honestly don't think we would have.

If you ran a business (and you may well do, I have no idea what you do) and were given the option of annoying 10% of your users by doing one thing and less than 1% of your users by doing the same thing at a different time then which would you choose?

SisAmethyst
04-06-2015, 07:38 AM
I am happy that it is on Monday and yes it is holiday here too. But this way I can check out the Temple right away when the servers are back up again and till then enjoy either the sun outside or the outcry on the forum :)

blametroi
04-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Hey Devs, I returned to DDO about a month or so ago after an extended away time (High Road was new when I bugged out). I played a few other games, and liked them, but I'm back here to hang with friends and check out all the new content. I kvetched a lot about quality of life issues in DDO, but most of them have been resolved while I was away. But more importantly, the new (to me) content rocks. Vampires, multi hour dungeons, the Storm Horns explorer areas, etc., are all great.

I'll still kvetch from time to time (I get random latency spikes and disconnects, it ain't at my end) but a good job deserves recognition. I'm back, I'm playing, and (for the accountants) I resubscribed and even bought some points. I can't wait to get back on after the update and check things out. Keep up the good work and don't let our whining get you all down :)

Chi_Ryu
04-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Excellent, I'm liking the little changes (like a Marketplace teleporter at last :P).

Out of interest, are you able to share the price in TP for the new content (TOEE and Monster Manual) for us non-VIPs?

legendkilleroll
04-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Crucible opt xp removal is one of best changes ive read for awhile

moomooprincess
04-06-2015, 08:04 AM
I wonder how long it will take me to get used to the new marketplace with the Gladewatch and Archer point quest givers moving, Kipling moving, Zerichi moving and kopper-Nickel moving?

You realize I have muscle memory of where these NPCs have been for nearly eight years.

Rys
04-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Crucible opt xp removal is one of best changes ive read for awhile

Was probably reducing their sale of Otto's boxes too much :rolleyes: I would rather appreciate if they'd focus on fixing the bugs that are not in favor of players for once. The known issues list makes me laugh everytime I see it, with 90% of bugs not even listed.

brian14
04-06-2015, 08:10 AM

What does Will Wheaton have to do with Update 25?

TPICKRELL
04-06-2015, 08:15 AM
.. are you able to share the price in TP for the new content (TOEE and Monster Manual) for us non-VIPs?

Cordovan said on his weekly live stream that they wouldn't pre-announce the price but it would be approximately the same as haunted halls which he said was 650 TP.

Ubernellie
04-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Can't wait till i get to go home.

FAQ
04-06-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm glad I finished my Wheloon slayers before this:

"Gangs of criminals and other miscreants are now less likely to appear in the Wheloon landscape."

Ubernellie
04-06-2015, 08:33 AM
can't wait till i get to go home.

lol

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Fun!

Yes - he plays pnp dnd - but does he DDO?

tinnertaz
04-06-2015, 08:48 AM
will wheaton

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Patching... Done.

Now just waiting for Khyber to come back online. :P

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Patching... Done.

Now just waiting for Khyber to come back online. :P

You are much too early. It´s barely 10 a.m. Have fun the next 4 hours (foreseeing 2 hours of extended offline time) playing PnP...

Razor_Wit
04-06-2015, 09:01 AM
What does Will Wheaton have to do with Update 25?

Not going to look for the thread it came from, but Will Wheaton emulates Cordovan's (and most everybody elses) preferred forum attitude :
"Don't be a Richard"

edit: ....and it also looks like Will is joining us for U25 :)

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 09:02 AM
You are much too early. It´s barely 10 a.m. Have fun the next 4 hours (foreseeing 2 hours of extended offline time) playing PnP...

I stand by my original estimate =-= and even expect early re-opening. Crusher was always on time!

Augon
04-06-2015, 09:07 AM
People whining about people whining annoy me more than the whining does in the first place.

hmmm....
Isn't that what you are doing here?

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 09:11 AM
I wonder how long it will take me to get used to the new marketplace with the Gladewatch and Archer point quest givers moving, Kipling moving, Zerichi moving and kopper-Nickel moving?

You realize I have muscle memory of where these NPCs have been for nearly eight years.

Yes and understood. Still, we think it'll be a better NPC placement.

FAQ
04-06-2015, 09:14 AM

I hear ya! I still go to the Founder's Fountain first when trying to run Kobold Assault.

Kafkadreams
04-06-2015, 09:16 AM
I hear ya! I still go to the Founder's Fountain first when trying to run Kobold Assault.

Glad I'm not the only one that still does that...and even after finding him, whenever I exit KA I have a momentary "where am I?" moment.

ChicagoChris
04-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Fun!

Yes - he plays pnp dnd - but does he DDO?

Wow - didn't see this coming:

https://www.ddo.com/en/classic

Featuring guest Dungeon Master

actor/writer
Wil Wheaton

Too Cool!

Jandric
04-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Open Open Open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax0YiupLS9s

FAQ
04-06-2015, 09:22 AM

actor/writer
Wil Wheaton

Too Cool!

Hey, that guest Dungeon Master stuff wasn't there when I checked that page about 1 - 1,5 hours ago. Sneaky devs!

MadCookieQueen
04-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Wil Wheaton = WIN!

Well done Turbine ^^

fangblackhawk
04-06-2015, 09:32 AM

excuse the fan boy in me but any chances of Felicia Day as our next dm ?

DANTEIL
04-06-2015, 09:32 AM

actor/writer
Wil Wheaton

Too Cool!

Okay that's freakin' cool. Can't wait to hear it.

I really hope that DDO gets some advertising buzz out of this.

Miow
04-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Wil Wheaton = WIN!

Well done Turbine ^^

Now if they would have gotten Jim parsons as an evil voice actor ...well... that would take the cake.

GauArrowny
04-06-2015, 09:40 AM

I don't have that issue with KA anymore but Baudry, Irestone, and Korthos, I still go to the wrong place half the time.

Robai
04-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Excellent, I'm liking the little changes (like a Marketplace teleporter at last :P).

They put marketplace teleporter back?
Wow, it's been like 4 years since last time I saw it there.
Is it near gates to harbor again or they put it elsewhere (can't play the game atm sadly)?

Hamlin
04-06-2015, 09:42 AM

actor/writer
Wil Wheaton

Too Cool!

Can anyone else imagine the quote "Shut up, Wesley" being uttered in party chat during every single toee run? It might be different people but SOMEONE is going to say it.

I'm not a Wesley Crusher hater I swear. But I've been rewatching TNG on netflix lately and I nearly died laughing when I got to that episode.

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Now if they would have gotten Jim parsons as an evil voice actor ...well... that would take the cake.

I would go for Christopher Lee as Evil Voice Actor. There is only one Count Dracula / Saruman the Wise / Count Dooku.

Chi_Ryu
04-06-2015, 09:45 AM
hmmm....
Isn't that what you are doing here?

No, I'm whinging about the people who are whinging about the people whin...[ERROR: stack overflow]

GroundhogDay
04-06-2015, 09:51 AM

Well, well, well, if it isn't Wil Wheaton. The Green Goblin to my Spider-Man, the Pope Paul V to my Galileo, the Internet Explorer to my Firefox!

http://boardgamegeek.com/camo/d9c36da71aed3e41a17db136e4139a4dce1b140c/687474703a2f2f6938362e70686f746f6275636b65742e636f 6d2f616c62756d732f6b3130302f64656e6e7973676f642f73 68656c646f6e5f77686561746f6e2e6a7067

Delacroix21
04-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Release notes will be available during the downtime.!

So where are the release notes?

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 09:58 AM
So where are the release notes?

Read on to page 3 and you will actually find them.

Jetrule
04-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Great taste DDO Will Wheaton Is to my taste the very best Audio Book reader in the field. I have purchased more than one audio book simply because it was preformed by Will.

Syzdrek
04-06-2015, 10:34 AM
will wheaton

WIL not WILL only one L

tinnertaz
04-06-2015, 10:40 AM
my apologies

Gratch
04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Wil Wheaton = WIN!

Well done Turbine ^^

OMG. I hear he knows Patrick Stewart!

arkonas
04-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Read on to page 3 and you will actually find them.

sorry i had to chuckle at that.

Powskier
04-06-2015, 10:59 AM
nice.. Wheelon -the free for all fight night endless spawns are reduced ,it says in release:)

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 10:59 AM
We're getting the final work done before opening the game worlds! We're extending the downtime until 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). May well be up before that, though.

lyrecono
04-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

arkonas
04-06-2015, 11:10 AM
meh i don't mind waiting a possible hour. its not like its going to kill anyone. lol. i bet there will be people moaning how its not on time. just waiting for that.

Jedthered
04-06-2015, 11:10 AM
find the AH in that

HatsuharuZ
04-06-2015, 11:13 AM
From the release notes:

• PRR and MRR values for Heavy/Medium/Light armors are now 30 + Base Attack Bonus + 6/20 + (2*BAB)/3 +4/10 + BAB/2 + 2.
Putting all of that into one line was a bit silly. As it is now, that particular release note looks a lot like something my math teachers would have killed me for.

Try these:
PRR and MRR values for Heavy armors are now 30 + Base Attack Bonus + 6

PRR and MRR values for Medium armors are now 20 + (2*BAB)/3 +4

PRR and MRR values for Light armors are now 10 + BAB/2 + 2

Nestroy
Downtime Extension ^^ - who did expect that?

Bowmagus
We're getting the final work done before opening the game worlds! We're extending the downtime until 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). May well be up before that, though.

Be nice if it's just the hour, i'm twitching with anticipation already. Didn't use to like to play rogues before, certainly not at the higher levels, hope this will change that. I got a shadar kai ready rolled and waiting in the garret, ready to go.

Hendrik
meh i don't mind waiting a possible hour. its not like its going to kill anyone. lol. i bet there will be people moaning how its not on time. just waiting for that.

And that updates are NEVER on time. Ever.

brian14
04-06-2015, 11:14 AM
"The time for traps to arm after being placed has been reduced to 1 second"

Does it mean that traps generated by Rainbow and Colors of the Queen will now actually work? They almost never do; as far as I understand, this is because a mob running by a trap before it arms prevents it from arming.

HatsuharuZ
04-06-2015, 11:14 AM

Eh, I usually go out for lunch. It's not that big a deal.

Seikojin
04-06-2015, 11:17 AM
I don't mind if it lasts until 4pm PST, so I can be home when it is back up :D

arkonas
04-06-2015, 11:17 AM

oh i know if they're early then great. i always expect extensions. less reason to be upset.

ToastyFred
04-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Downtime Extension ^^ - who didn't expect that?

Fixed.

HippieBallz
04-06-2015, 11:23 AM
well guess i will be watching more anime than **** i saw this coming

relenttless
Be nice if it's just the hour, i'm twitching with anticipation already. Didn't use to like to play rogues before, certainly not at the higher levels, hope this will change that. I got a shadar kai ready rolled and waiting in the garret, ready to go.

i'm looking forwards to TOEE, but as for the rogue bit, I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed

Eth

At turbine maybe, not in general.
The key is to make the downtime window much longer than you would expect it to be. The worst thing that could happen is you are done early, no user complains about that.

Seikojin
04-06-2015, 11:24 AM
From the notes:

UI

Up to twelve maps are now visible at a time if you've unlocked their associated "Fog of War."
Fixed an issue with mouselook mode that could cause confirmation dialogs to become unclickable.

Awesome fixes to have!

brian14
04-06-2015, 11:29 AM
From the notes:

UI

Up to twelve maps are now visible at a time if you've unlocked their associated "Fog of War."
What for? I really do not see the purpose of it.

psykopeta
04-06-2015, 11:29 AM
From the notes:

UI

Fixed an issue with mouselook mode that could cause confirmation dialogs to become unclickable.

Awesome fixes to have!

im afraid these are one of the common "fix 1 break 2" things :(

PS: forgot the nice part

From the release notes:

Putting all of that into one line was a bit silly. As it is now, that particular release note looks a lot like something my math teachers would have killed me for.

Try these:

so that means even more prr? cause i mean, who isn't using tenser most time? if not for the bab for the stats lol

heavy armor at 20 goes from 45 prr to 56 prr, cool
medium armor at 20 goes from 30 prr to 37, not bad
light armor at 20 goes from 15 prr to 22, ok, someone messed it, weren't the other 2 getting around 25% boost?XD

at least ppl won't have 100prr at crappy low lvl, which is much better

davmuzl
04-06-2015, 11:30 AM
From the release notes:

Try these:

At least not using "/" in 2 different ways would help;)

goldgolem
04-06-2015, 11:31 AM
At turbine maybe, not in general.
The key is to make the downtime window much longer than you would expect it to be. The worst thing that could happen is you are done early, no user complains about that.

I guess Turbine feels the need to do it differently to everyone else. Why follow the best practice that gives you happy customers when you can follow Turbine Practice TM

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 11:54 AM
UPDATE: We're getting the final work done before opening the game worlds! We're extending the downtime until 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT).

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, April 6th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch the latest game update, Update 25: Reign of Elemental Evil. Release notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Just wondering what time it was? If my clock is correct turbine is doing its best to be late again.

lyrecono
04-06-2015, 11:54 AM
turbine never heard of the Scotty factor

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Just wondering what time it was? If my clock is correct turbine is doing its best to be late again.

K so now they have 5 more minutes, why do I have my doubts

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 11:58 AM

its 12:57 and not up yet, so much for keeping timeline AGAIN

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 12:00 PM

Still not 2 p.m. as I guessed on page 2. You may join in in the happy betting ^^.

Aelonwy
04-06-2015, 12:01 PM

actor/writer
Wil Wheaton

Too Cool!

Hated him in NextGen, but he's well and truly won me over in Big Bang Theory, ...also liked seeing his head get taken off on Sharknado2... guilty pleasure. So Kudos DDO this sounds like it Wil be awesome!

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 12:01 PM

It is 1:00 and turbine keeps surprising me they didn't meet the deadline again.

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 12:04 PM

I think its time someone buys a clock for those clowns that keep changing the times, one with really big numbers so they can see them through the crab they are creating. It is really getting worrisome when an outfit as big as turbine thinks customer service is ****ing off clients. check what happened to target in Canada,

barecm
04-06-2015, 12:04 PM

You forgot the part that says.... or, maybe not.

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Lol, you really surprised?

Last time they impressed me by being exactly on time!

ToastyFred

YAY!!!!! MOAR downtime!!!!

apacheizm23

What deadline??? WT! are you talking about? If you have a pair of nuts you can play with those as you wait.

bgeves
04-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Twitter says there is currently no ETA there was an issue with the patch they are correcting.

Dandonk
04-06-2015, 12:07 PM
So much for getting to play today, I suppose.

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 12:08 PM
The game worlds remain unavailable. No current ETA, but we will keep you updated. We are correcting an issue seen prior to opening.

Sorry about this! We're working to get the issue corrected, and will reopen the worlds as soon as possible. Could be later this afternoon before the worlds reopen. We'll have more information for you as soon as we can.

moomooprincess
04-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Game worlds remain down no ETA per twitter

DDO Unlimited @DDOUnlimited · 2m 2 minutes ago
The game worlds remain unavailable. No current ETA, but we will keep you updated. We are correcting an issue seen prior to opening. #DDO
1 retweet 1 favorite
Reply Retweet1 Favorite1
More

https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/status/585125933692035072

mons
04-06-2015, 12:09 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds remain unavailable. No current ETA, but we will keep you updated.

You guys should have this statement with every game update.

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 12:09 PM
The game worlds remain unavailable. No current ETA, but we will keep you updated. We are correcting an issue seen prior to opening.

Sorry about this! We're working to get the issue corrected, and will reopen the worlds as soon as possible. Could be later this afternoon before the worlds reopen. We'll have more information for you as soon as we can.

Well, surely better than ESO and destroying the whole installation with a defunct patched launcher. Hopefully this can be done fastly.

moomooprincess
04-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Twitter says there is currently no ETA there was an issue with the patch they are correcting.

nerf forum ninjas!!

apacheizm23
04-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Thank You.

HippieBallz
well there goes my plan to farm up mats for the new gear before i have my class fk i hate this it always happens or seems like it i think some one forgot a ; in the coding and now well all pay for it

PNP
What deadline??? WT! are you talking about? If you have a pair of nuts you can play with those as you wait.
priceless

PS: well not that priceless thinking about it, nuts are on sales at your local home depot, just saying, and after playing them for a while, I do not see the point, maybe it lacks some bolts?

krak
04-06-2015, 12:13 PM

ya,no ETA,that means you dont know what the problem is and we will not be playing until 6 pm EST.Is that close?

Zivon23
04-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Keep up the good work Cordovan and the rest that bust their butts to give us enjoyment. Thank you.

Theender
04-06-2015, 12:21 PM

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/TakeThyBeak/Assorted%20gifs%20and%20images/Sheldon-WHEATON.gif

ToastyFred
04-06-2015, 12:23 PM
You ever been in IT business? I doubt this. When you do updates on complex software (like server based and complex client side programs) you always have to expect something unforeseen or unexpected. Usually you give ETAs that already have some limited time reserved for this. Sometimes you cannot stick with the timeplan. No need to name them at Turbine incompetent. They usually are not. Overworked? Yes. Forced to churn out updates half-baked because of some artificial deadlines? Yes. Incompetent? No.

And this is not the first time their original ETAs do not hold.

Most places have test environments where they rehearse update day so they can find problems and fix them BEFORE actually doing it for real.

lysallana
04-06-2015, 12:23 PM

RITO er.... TURBINE PLX! When giving downtime duration plx make it longer than what you expect to compensate for any bugs/errors that may occur, so that way when it is time for the servers to be up we won't be waiting (at the very least as long) and placing bets on when it will actually be open. I am sure people would be happy to see messages after updates saying "Servers open sooner than expected!" than "No current ETA". because of the hypothetical "extra time" if bugs do present themselves you can make notes of it on the forums while still being under the expected downtime. knowing the servers are going to be down longer than expected during the down time is somewhat nicer than waiting for more than an hour after the servers are scheduled to be open. RITO PLX

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 12:24 PM
You ever been in IT business? I doubt this. When you do updates on complex software (like server based and complex client side programs) you always have to expect something unforeseen or unexpected. Usually you give ETAs that already have some limited time reserved for this. Sometimes you cannot stick with the timeplan. No need to name them at Turbine incompetent. They usually are not. Overworked? Yes. Forced to churn out updates half-baked because of some artificial deadlines? Yes. Incompetent? No.

And this is not the first time their original ETAs do not hold.

as oer4 your comment, no I'm not in a it field for I know my limits, I work in a field I'm competent and knowledgeable in. as for sometimes they don't meet their timelines, sometimes is not equal to all the time, if they have issues with the software they should probably work on it before they update it, we are not guinea pigs, quite a few of us are paying customers and deserve a competent team to ensure quality in what we purchased.

Taskmage
04-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Well, now it at least makes sense that the first downtime server broadcast was talking about a hotfix...

Aeron1976
04-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Please take you time before you open the worlds.

It sukcs for me as much as any other person that the downtime is on a holiday for many.

But it is way better for most if you now take another 2 hours and fix it thoroughly instead of rushing it and taking the servers down twice in the next week.

It happened to often in the past, sadly

Hendrik
04-06-2015, 12:28 PM
shows how useless the dev team is was supposed to be 4 hours now 5 hours and counting, this dev team is worthless

Well done!

First post and a one that is worthy of infractions, enjoy!

Thud
04-06-2015, 12:29 PM

Darn you turbine! Always doing updates on those days that end in 'y'!

cyreme
04-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Well this sucks. Better get this right though, so I am willing to wait longer for that. My afternoon will be a little less exciting I suppose :). Was looking forward to the new dungeon. Watch for 26 pages of rage. Ty for the good effort Cordo and team, hope you can get that monster of a code under control again ;).

Loromir
definition of a lie is a statement which is not true, so saying will be up by 12 p.m. and not having system up at that time is a lie

Have you ever missed a deadline at work? If you say no, then you are a liar.

apacheizm23
One simple question;

Can you show the post where the actually came out and said "we promise XYZ" to have anything construed as a lie?

Can't remember one update in the last 5 years you have been playing that was out on time?

Might want to start going to one of those memory training websites.

Well said, exactly.

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Most places have test environments where they rehearse update day so they can find problems and fix them BEFORE actually doing it for real.

I think they did that with ESO too. Remember the update fiasco that followed?

Test environments are only as good as they are similar / identical to live environments. I doubt they have cloned servers for testing. and afaik on Lama U25 was working.

lysallana
04-06-2015, 12:31 PM
definition of a lie is a statement which is not true, so saying will be up by 12 p.m. and not having system up at that time is a lie

the definition of a lie is to make a statement with deliberate intent to deceive. DELIBERATE intent. this is an inconvenience, but an accident as errors and bugs happen

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 12:32 PM
One simple question;

Can you show the post where the actually came out and said "we promise XYZ" to have anything construed as a lie?

Can't remember one update in the last 5 years you have been playing that was out on time?

Might want to start going to one of those memory training websites.

as per first comment quoted above: it does not say maybe, so in all practically this is a definite time frame. so if not kept they did not tell us the truth, or in simple terms they lied.

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 12:32 PM
the definition of a lie is to make a statement with deliberate intent to deceive. DELIBERATE intent. this is an inconvenience, but an accident as errors and bugs happen

an accident happens once or just a few times, the same constant problem constitutes more than and accident.

Pomdude
04-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Bah don't keep extending the downtime :( Last time I ended up with kids. You so owe me turbine ....

Why not just test the go live on Wayfinder ? Noone goes on there anyway work out how long it will take and then implement it on a real server with certainty. Failing that explain to me what "Take the children to school" actually means - is it really code for get back on your game dear i've got this?

Anyway good luck turbine be nice to have a chance to play the new content with some hours left of this bank holiday.

Gljosh
04-06-2015, 12:35 PM
This is always concerning that the downtime gets extended and then another extension. I would also assume a mid week or next Monday hotfix. Maybe next time hold off another week for more Lam testing and state a 6 hour downtime window.

Thud
04-06-2015, 12:37 PM

YES! Next update schedule should only list the start of the downtime. That should make everyone happy yes?

rejectedforest
Lol so dramatic.
Entertaining thread tbh.

ToastyFred
I think they did that with ESO too. Remember the update fiasco that followed?

Test environments are only as good as they are similar / identical to live environments. I doubt they have cloned servers for testing. and afaik on Lama U25 was working.

Cloning servers is EASY to do these days ESPECIALLY if they're virtual machines.

arminius
04-06-2015, 12:38 PM

What are you, 4 years old? Give Mommy back the iPad, it's time for afternoon nap.

zorander6
04-06-2015, 12:38 PM
YES! Next update schedule should only list the start of the downtime. That should make everyone happy yes?

"Dear players, we will be updating the server to update 26 someday. The downtime is expected to take as long as it takes but no longer. You might be inconvenienced on a holiday. Thank you for playing DDO."

Dreppo
04-06-2015, 12:39 PM
definition of a lie is a statement which is not true

You are so wrong. Stop accusing people of lying when you don't know what it means.

The definition of a lie is "an intentionally false statement". It's all about intent. You have to know the statement is false at the time you're making it.

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
an accident happens once or just a few times, the same constant problem constitutes more than and accident.

by the way when quoting a definition, you may want to read a little further:
lie = noun

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.

Antonyms: truth.

something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture:
His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.

an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Yes and understood. Still, we think it'll be a better NPC placement.

if it helps keep new players - I am all for it.

lysallana
04-06-2015, 12:41 PM

Blizzard, Riot games, Nintendo, virtually all game companies at some point miss deadlines. some more than others (looking at you Blizzard) does that mean that essentially every game company lies to the community that supports them? I am not trying to be aggressive, or be "that guy" however to go as far as to say that Turbine has "lied" to us is a bit childish

WhiiteWolf
Hello All,

I wasn't going to do it, but I had to log in ( LOL ) to get my dose of DDO update Rage from you all, I think some of you should all get together and make a DDO rage channel on youtube so everyone can laugh at your childish antics. If I was any of the special guests that Turbine/DDO had or are able to get for times like this I would be ashamed to visit these forums and read this cry-baby behavior.

The update process is what it is, just except it, it may or may not get better, but why would people even try if all they have to read on the forums is **** that people are Pizzed off because the update isn't ready at the exact nanosecond it was supposed to be.

Personally if it were me I would just post that the servers will be down for the new update, and the opening of servers will be posted as soon as they are up and ready.

Just wait for the post to go up and the flood gates opens and the due to the influx of people logging in the servers will probably crash, because all the exploiters will need to get in and farm the stuff.

Anyways, Turbine your doing a Great Job, I for one am looking forward to the new content and I long for more of it, based on the old PnP mods.

Sincerely, W.W.

UurlockYgmeov
unfortunately Crusher is late for his duty shift and that just isn't good for moral.

Full_Bleed
04-06-2015, 12:43 PM
When giving downtime duration plx make it longer than what you expect to compensate for any bugs/errors that may occur
How do we know that they didn't (don't) do exactly that?

The issue is, when budgeting for unforeseen problems you don't know what the true nature of the problems will be (hence the "unforeseen" part). If there are two 15 minute problems you're probably sitting pretty. If there are two 3 hour problems with cascading effects, your budget gets wrecked.

Windaar
Keep up the good work Cordovan and the rest that bust their butts to give us enjoyment. Thank you.

This. To all of those who keep complaining about the downtime and saying that the devs and other programmers don't know what they are doing, I ask you this: when was the last time you put out a MMORPG that has multiple servers, incredible graphics (at least in all the stuff that came out post Forgotten Realms, the Ebberon side still looks older. still nice though), a diverse selection of classes and within those classes the multiple prestige classes, and all the other things that Turbine has brought to us for so many years? if and when you manage to do this, then you may have earned the right to complain and claim that they don't know what they are doing. of course, if you actually understood everything they have to go through for each update, I don't think you would complain about it nearly as much.

Sorry for this being so long....just had to get that out of my system.

To Cordovan and the rest, great job and keep it up.

arcticwolf123
What are you, 4 years old? Give Mommy back the iPad, it's time for afternoon nap.

actually im 5 now, and since I pay for this game I do have the right to complain, but I fully understand your position since you are free to play you are just happy that we that pay support the fact that you don't

goldgolem
04-06-2015, 12:44 PM
You ever been in IT business?

For 10 years. If my teams had delivered with this level of customer service, we would have been fired by every customer

The problem is not the technical issues, the problem is communication and setting customer expectations, which has always, lets say, Under Performed

kauetomaz
Comments like this are not necessary....You don't know these guys. You don't know what their skill level is. You don't know how much effort they put in. They are still human beings and calling them liars is out of bounds.

I would ban you if I could.

the hugbox is strong in this one

Iwant_DiabloThree
For the love of god you guys!!.... Do something about the performance..... The servers cant keep up with the action and we end up with a lagfest as the server tries to play catch up.

Ewynn
04-06-2015, 12:47 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds remain unavailable. No current ETA, but we will keep you updated. We are correcting an issue seen prior to opening.

Coding complex network based games is hard to do, if it was easy everybody would do it. You guys are well within industry norms for your release window. Love the game and it's worth the wait; looking forward to seeing the changes and all the new content. Hang in there and thanks for working Easter Weekend so that we didn't have to wait too far from the original March plan. Don't take the council of your naysayers, head down, mission focused, see you in the instance...

Joehon
04-06-2015, 12:47 PM

I have NEVER missed a deadline. Period. Mostly because I never give timetables I am not certain I can meet. And if it looks like I might even be close to hitting that deadline I do whatever I have to make sure I am done ahead of time.

Just and FYI I'm fine with the downtime and the overrun. But instead of downtime announcements like We will be down from XX:XX until XX:XX. They should just say "We will be down on Monday morning will apprise you of when the servers will be back up."

After you have it installed and checked out then announce when you expect to be back up. The way it is right now it seems like you have someone who doesn't know what they are doing dictating deadlines to programers that have no bearing on reality.

twigzz
04-06-2015, 12:48 PM
lie = noun

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

Go quote yourself some more lol it's kinda funny.

arkonas
04-06-2015, 12:48 PM

as per first comment quoted above: it does not say maybe, so in all practically this is a definite time frame. so if not kept they did not tell us the truth, or in simple terms they lied.

you must be new to ddo and to expect them to be on time. Heck any game. the worst part is your also calling them incompetent when you know nothing about the field. i find this so freaking funny. you shouldn't talk if you have 0 clue about the field. thank you now move along. games do delay updates. this is nothing new.

Seikojin
04-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Coding complex network based games is hard to do, if it was easy everybody would do it. You guys are well within industry norms for your release window. Love the game and it's worth the wait; looking forward to seeing the changes and all the new content. Hang in there and thanks for working Easter Weekend so that we didn't have to wait too far from the original March plan. Don't take the council of your naysayers, head down, mission focused, see you in the instance...

+1 for this! Even if it is looking like I get what I want :D MUAHAHAHA! LOL

rejectedforest
04-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Refresh button is being hammered.

In reality the butt hurt ones are probably the rude rage quitters you stumble upon in actual game.

apacheizm23
04-06-2015, 12:50 PM
You must be new to ddo and to expect them to be on time. Heck any game. the worst part is your also calling them incompetent when you know nothing about the field. i find this so freaking funny. you shouldn't talk if you have 0 clue about the field. thank you now move along. games do delay updates. this is nothing new.

Exactly.

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 12:50 PM
What so serious?

Its only a game - and a very complex one at that (10 years + of code? = complex).

So turn that frown upside down and GIVE THEM A BREAK ALREADY!

:P

This has been a PSA from The Kobold Konsortium, now serving fresh rat tonight!

Cetus
04-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Worlds are open!

glavin99
04-06-2015, 12:52 PM

the server uptime is never right

Ghwyn
04-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Don't concern yourself with the comments of the naysayers. For many if them, everything in life is as easy as flipping a burger. And even then, they can get that wrong.

arkonas
04-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Worlds are open!

heh cetus at his best :P

lysallana
lie = noun

Lie: To make a statement that one KNOWS to be false
To bring, put, accomplish, ect. by lying [to lie his way into office]

A false statement made with INTENT to deceive.

^source Webster's New World Dictionary 2nd edition
again, lying is all about intent. the servers not being up is an accident that is the result of bugs/errors. these things happen, please stop your childish, self righteous pseudocrusade conspiracy nonsense about turbine lying to the community

Fadebal
unfortunately Crusher is late for his duty shift and that just isn't good for moral.

Indeed :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuZsy_dw-hY

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Cloning servers is EASY to do these days ESPECIALLY if they're virtual machines.

Cloning while the servers fully working might not be that easy - remember that cloning takes resources and costs either money for these resources or makes the playerbase experience major lag. Remember that the game servers are hosted not by Turbine but by some other company. A full test environment might be quite expensive. That said on a company well known for their lay-offs and other cost cutting meassures and their blatant money grabs (aka p2w).

Cloning an online game, I might tell you from my own experiences, is not an easy task. Especially on virtual servers. No, you do not clone with a simple command line. You need to do a lot of cleaning of the database afterwards and the process is quite resource intensiv. And you need really concurrent data - so all the scripts and everything you did with the servers while they were running up and online needs to be done on the cloned machine too before you test your patches. No, not a simple task done with one command line.

BandD
04-06-2015, 12:58 PM
What so serious?

Its only a game - and a very complex one at that (10 years + of code? = complex).

So turn that frown upside down and GIVE THEM A BREAK ALREADY!

:P

Some tasty rat will make the downtime totally worth it!!!

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 12:58 PM

The Kobold Konsortium inserted mimic into store code and now it has gone ... missing ...

<Bacardigr>: I found one but it turned out it was Toleros chests and now she is chasing me in the LARP Pacman course with a spray to dye my hair!!!!! Heeeeeelp

Iwant_DiabloThree
04-06-2015, 12:59 PM
This. To all of those who keep complaining about the downtime and saying that the devs and other programmers don't know what they are doing, I ask you this: when was the last time you put out a MMORPG that has multiple servers, incredible graphics (at least in all the stuff that came out post Forgotten Realms, the Ebberon side still looks older. still nice though), a diverse selection of classes and within those classes the multiple prestige classes, and all the other things that Turbine has brought to us for so many years? if and when you manage to do this, then you may have earned the right to complain and claim that they don't know what they are doing. of course, if you actually understood everything they have to go through for each update, I don't think you would complain about it nearly as much.

I hope you used plenty of chapstick....
You set the bar too low for what constitutes a "good Job".
Can I go into Black Loch and get near the ship without the game suddenly acting like I running a x286 with 16MB of ram...no
Can I go into CitW without wondering if the performance is gonna drop so badly we are going to partywipe...no
I can go on and on about performance issues hat have nothing to do with a persons internet or their computers ability to run the game.
The problem with the game can be summed up in one word... MABAR.
The whole game is turning into Mabar...... its creeping into places that ran fine for years........and no one seems to be lifting a finger to prevent it and you guys who cheer whenever a dev farts are not helping make anything better

arkonas
04-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Can I go into Black Loch and get near the ship without the game suddenly acting like I running a x286 with 16MB of ram...no
Can I go into CitW without wondering if the performance is gonna drop so badly we are going to partywipe...no
I can go on and on about performance issues hat have nothing to do with a persons internet or their computers ability to run the game.
The whole game is turning into Mabar...... its creeping into places that ran fine for years........and no one seems to be lifting a finger to prevent it and you guys who cheer whenever a dev farts are not helping make anything better

if you think screaming, yelling, cussing or anything negative will help then keep thinking that. i know the game isn't perfect but i name a lot of other popular games that have the same issue. so yeah.

December_Wolf
I have NEVER missed a deadline. Period. Mostly because I never give timetables I am not certain I can meet. And if it looks like I might even be close to hitting that deadline I do whatever I have to make sure I am done ahead of time.

You must not do anything particularly skilled or difficult then, because complex systems have complex failures that can't be predicted. Also, I very much doubt that your statement is true, because even with the best plans your management will steamroll right through and tell you to meet the arbitrary deadline they have set for you.

I think you are full of ****!

Drwaz99
heh cetus at his best :P

Best oxymoronic sentence eva!

lyrecono
04-06-2015, 01:03 PM

it's called planning and testing, if you do it well you do not miss a deadline.

Hello All,

I wasn't going to do it, but I had to log in ( LOL ) to get my dose of DDO update Rage from you all, I think some of you should all get together and make a DDO rage channel on youtube so everyone can laugh at your childish antics. If I was any of the special guests that Turbine/DDO had or are able to get for times like this I would be ashamed to visit these forums and read this cry-baby behavior.

The update process is what it is, just except it, it may or may not get better, but why would people even try if all they have to read on the forums is **** that people are Pizzed off because the update isn't ready at the exact nanosecond it was supposed to be.

Personally if it were me I would just post that the servers will be down for the new update, and the opening of servers will be posted as soon as they are up and ready.

Just wait for the post to go up and the flood gates opens and the due to the influx of people logging in the servers will probably crash, because all the exploiters will need to get in and farm the stuff.

Anyways, Turbine your doing a Great Job, I for one am looking forward to the new content and I long for more of it, based on the old PnP mods.

Sincerely, W.W.

i assume you mean something channel awesome or james rolfe would make? but to laugh at Turbines expense instead?
It would be regarded as highly justified after all these years
new dev's, same horrible planning and testing.
you would assume someone had learned their lesson after all these years.....
oh well, back to star citizen

oh and fan boy, i take offence to your " because all the exploiters will need to get in and farm the stuff." line, some of us call it a community of people wanting to achieve something, that is if turbine hadn't scared 80% off by now.
og the server was so darn empty these last 6 weeks, when is Turbine going to merge the servers?
every update i see less and less people return, not even channels can fill up lfm's these days

Loromir
04-06-2015, 01:04 PM

Forgive me if I don't believe you.

RapkintheRanger
04-06-2015, 01:04 PM

Sure they did. Servers were brought down from 8 to 12 just like they promised. Release notes are available just like they promised. Nowhere did they say that they would be back up at exactly 12:00 but they did say they were down.

I assumed that they would not be up at 12:00, which is why i tried to log on at 1:30... When that failed I came here with popcorn!

apacheizm23
04-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Sure they did. Servers were brought down from 8 to 12 just like they promised. Release notes are available just like they promised. Nowhere did they say that they would be back up at exactly 12:00 but they did say they were down.

I assumed that they would not be up at 12:00, which is why i tried to log on at 1:30... When that failed I came here with popcorn!

Is it the Indiana Popcorn Sweet n Salted :)

ToastyFred
04-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Cloning while the servers fully working might not be that easy - remember that cloning takes resources and costs either money for these resources or makes the playerbase experience major lag. Remember that the game servers are hosted not by Turbine but by some other company. A full test environment might be quite expensive. That said on a company well known for their lay-offs and other cost cutting meassures and their blatant money grabs (aka p2w).

Cloning an online game, I might tell you from my own experiences, is not an easy task. Especially on virtual servers. No, you do not clone with a simple command line. You need to do a lot of cleaning of the database afterwards and the process is quite resource intensiv. And you need really concurrent data - so all the scripts and everything you did with the servers while they were running up and online needs to be done on the cloned machine too before you test your patches. No, not a simple task done with one command line.

You really have no idea, do you?

Arikzael
04-06-2015, 01:06 PM
While I came here to laugh and cry and shake my head at the update ragefest that typically follows an update, I have to say I've been a little offset by the malicious demeanor that rests so heavily in this thread. Lies, incompetence? Ha seriously people if this GAME gets you so riled up, I would suggest another hobby.

My two cents on the matter is that for those of you who blame the Devs and accuse them of lying and incompetence and clearly don't understand that in any business, there is a hierarchy. These guys who take time to post here on the forums to let us know what's going on are not at the top of the food chain, and are probably getting their arses chewed AS they try to get the game open...Upper management would be the ones who implement the deadlines. Granted this is based on an ETA given by the Devs, but you can imagine how it would go if they told the bossmen that the servers will most likely be down for 6-8 hours, or more...So instead, the bossmen demand that they get the servers open as soon as possible, and give an unrealistic time of completion...so the masses don't get angry.

Whoops...happens anyway....but the dudes at the top don't care cause everyone always takes it out on the guys busting their asses trying to get the worlds open...Kinda like going to a grocery store and getting ****ed at the cashier cause they don't have your favorite cereal in stock...

http://www.hierarchystructure.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Levels-in-Business-Hierarchy.jpg

Devs are operational employees. If you're REALLY that mad that you can't play a game...Call customer service, and ask to speak to upper management...Then maybe you can offer your professional expertise on the matter and get the game worlds open faster.

Zivon23
04-06-2015, 01:07 PM
quite a few of us are paying customers and deserve a competent team to ensure quality in what we purchased.

Don't Renew your subscription then. Of course, Then you'd prolly ***** cause you had to actually purchase the new content. Why can't you just be happy for what you get for what you pay for.

Rodosto
Probably caused by living in GMT -25

Kristii
I can only imagine the groans that must have gone through the office the moment they were about to bring it back online then...CRASH!!!! Something in the ten-years worth of code they were manipulating shuddered and came crashing down, everybody cringed, then they all looked at Cordovan and said, "Well, guess we'd better post that we're going to be late."

It's doubtful this could have been predicted, and it's no more a lie than if you tell your spouse you'll be home by 10 and then don't get home until 1 because you got in a car accident! Do I think they made a mistake in not giving themselves plenty of extra leeway when announcing downtimes for updates? Yes. HOWEVER, we don't know who sets those time frames, do we? For all we know, it's an idiot office manager who gives them X amount of time to update the game so they can go on to other assignments. Name calling and slandering the devs is inappropriate. They've been bringing us an awesome game for years.

Wasaby98
Go outside.... come back later. Why rage about and trash every facet of a game when really your just mad that you have to wait a bit to play it.

Aelonwy

Why eat rat? Truly enterprising kobold raid kitchen of any Stormreach Tavern for many good tasties. But stay away from Sleeping Spell Inn ...sometimes food gets up and chases you!

Gauthaag
04-06-2015, 01:08 PM

The Secret World

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 01:08 PM
You really have no idea, do you?

And you do not seem to handle databases with a lot of open threads on a daily base, do you?

Silverleafeon
04-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Wheloon

Gangs of criminals and other miscreants are now less likely to appear in the Wheloon landscape.

Wow, nicely done.

Fedora1
04-06-2015, 01:09 PM
by the way when quoting a definition, you may want to read a little further: .

Well you may want to take your own advice and read a little more carefully:

Notice he said the servers would be down from 8-noon, which they were. He told the truth.

Show me where he actually stated they would be up at noon? Oh, I guess he didn't. So he didn't lie.

No mention was made of any status beyond noon. Up, down, or otherwise. The only thing he said was they would be down from 8-noon, and they most certainly were.

PS - I don't like extended downtime either, but when someone has to be THAT rude I figured I'd point out that there was no lie. You just assumed something from the context that isn't really there.

EDIT - Dog gone it, ninja'd by RapkinRanger - curse my slow 2-fingered typing skills! :p

Impaqt
04-06-2015, 01:10 PM
ZOMG!!!!

This is the ONETH time in a row the game servers have failed to open on time after a major update!

(Actually, 24 re-opened early.... What short memories we have)

arkonas
04-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Best oxymoronic sentence eva!

yes because :P makes so much sense right?

Rodosto
04-06-2015, 01:11 PM
I know a way to cause Dev's work fast...

Everyone cancels subscriptions. And see how they can do it fast lol. After servers gets online. You can just simply press Resume hehe.

UurlockYgmeov
You must not do anything particularly skilled or difficult then, because complex systems have complex failures that can't be predicted. Also, I very much doubt that your statement is true, because even with the best plans your management will steamroll right through and tell you to meet the arbitrary deadline they have set for you.

nah - he's probably one of those 'miracle workers' who overestimate the time required by a Spock scaling factor: then hours would seem like days, and days would seem like weeks and weeks would seem like months...

then they would ALWAYS make the deadline and make themselves appear to be omnipotent and awesome - at the expense of others of course.

apacheizm23
Well you may want to take your own advice and read a little more carefully:

Notice he said the servers would be down from 8-noon, which they were. He told the truth.

Show me where he actually stated they would be up at noon? Oh, I guess he didn't. So he didn't lie.

No mention was made of any status beyond noon. Up, down, or otherwise. The only thing he said was they would be down from 8-noon, and they most certainly were.

PS - I don't like extended downtime either, but when someone has to be THAT rude I figured I'd point out that there was no lie. You just assumed something from the context that isn't really there.

EDIT - Dog gone it, ninja'd by RapkinRanger - curse my slow 2-fingered typing skills! :p

;);)

arcticwolf123
04-06-2015, 01:12 PM

Don't Renew your subscription then. Of course, Then you'd prolly ***** cause you had to actually purchase the new content. Why can't you just be happy for what you get for what you pay for.

so paying for monthly or annual game time, should I not receive what I pay for? if you say no, that would probably mean your free to play, or you don't use money where you actually have to work and keep deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction.

Belgarath22
04-06-2015, 01:13 PM
cetus liar!! servers still closed!!!

Cetus
04-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Too late for april fools?

EllisDee37
04-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Sorry about this! We're working to get the issue corrected, and will reopen the worlds as soon as possible. Could be later this afternoon before the worlds reopen. We'll have more information for you as soon as we can.Well, hmmm.

I successfully updated my game using DDO-ML around 1:15pm ET; hopefully it updates successfully again after the game worlds open, or I might be forced to use the awful default launcher, which I haven't touched since Akami was enabled.

Silverleafeon
04-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Old: Threatening Countenance: +1/+2/+3 Haggle, Intimidate, and +5%/+10%/+15% melee threat generation

New: Fighter's Threatening Countenance now gives 20/40/60% Hate Generation.

Old Divine Righteousness: Channel Divinity: You gain temporary hit points equal your Charisma score and a 100% Sacred bonus to threat generation for 60 seconds

New: Paladin's Divine Righteousness now gives 200% Hate Generation.

Ect...

Thank you.

Joehon
04-06-2015, 01:18 PM

If your management is setting deadlines that are not achievable then that is bad management. A good manager listens to those he is managing that know more about what is feasible than he does. As a manager should say "I need it by this date. How can we make that happen?" If solutions to accomplish that are not forthcoming setting the deadline is a failure on the managers part.

I am the GM of a chemical plant. If my VP tells me that he needs something by this date that is not possible it is MY responsibility to either figure out way to make that happen or change the deadline. I am good at my job and my boss listens to me. I will never agree to a deadline even if he insists on it if it is not feasible.

Maybe you just need to get better at your job?

MadCookieQueen
04-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Honestly, I don't' think it's some weird conspiracy to keep the game down any longer than it needs to be. As anxious as people are to get back into the game I bet the people at Turbine are just as anxious to get the game up and running.

Rome didn't build in a day (lack of Kobolds) and DDO doesn't always update within the time frames they hope for (Kobolds on extended lunch).

Helium4
04-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Unforeseen problems happen, but for me it's just so disappointing that they bring this update on Easter Monday... which is a holiday here, i.e. best time for me to play DDO.

bluzx2
04-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Ty for all you do to keep DDO a game I will always play. As for the "DEADLINE", it would be better just to say, "We are doing an update to the game tomorrow. Be prepared for delays and know that we (Turbine) are doing everything we can to make sure that it goes smoothly. Also know that it can be complex at times and problems arise. We appreciate your patience and look forward to bringing you the most awesome game experience ever!!!!!" That being said, I hope you take all the time that you need to fix what you must before unleashing an unplayable product on the MOB. You know how they can get. I look forward to experiencing the new content as soon as you guys get done. As for the naysayers.....relax go outside and breathe some fresh air. maybe pick up the trash that has built up around you as you sit staring at this thread waiting for it to update. TY again Turbine.

Saaluta
Wow, nicely done.

But, that's one of the things I liked about Wheloon, Fawn, pop a slayer pot with a full group and earn all my slayers in 5 minutes :)

Saal :)

UurlockYgmeov
Honestly, I don't' think it's some weird conspiracy to keep the game down any longer than it needs to be. As anxious as people are to get back into the game I bet the people at Turbine are just as anxious to get the game up and running.

Rome didn't build in a day (lack of Kobolds) and DDO doesn't always update within the time frames they hope for (Kobolds on extended lunch).

Kobold Konsortium was kept busy by the Chinese then....

but at least ddochat.com is rocking!

barecm
I know a way to cause Dev's work fast...

Everyone cancels subscriptions. And see how they can do it fast lol. After servers gets online. You can just simply press Resume hehe.

Not that I disagree with expecting more for your subscription, but I seriously doubt the Dev team has anything to do with implementations. I could be wrong, but that would be asking a lot from a programmer. They usually have no idea how hardware works or anything else that doesn't deal with software development.

That being said, as a PM for a pretty big IT service provider, the way they run implementations is pretty poor. The only reason they get away with their lack of delivery success it is that there is no SOW or anything remotely customer friendly in their EULA that would make them be on time with anything. Basically, gamer communities are the most abused customers that I can think of... not just DDO, but in general. I don't accept the same levels service from any other facet of my life except gaming... funny, sad, but true.

apacheizm23
so paying for monthly or annual game time, should I not receive what I pay for? if you say no, that would probably mean your free to play, or you don't use money where you actually have to work and keep deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction.

Not a big deal but I been a paying customer since 2006. And I believe they never said that the servers would be back up by any specific time. These things happen and are quite common when it comes to IT and electronics. Also from past experience I knew the game would not be back up at 12PM on the dot.

On another note I'm thankful that $99.00 a year isn't going to break me regardless. Specially when the game is usually online when I want to play. I'm not going to cry because the game is offline for a few hours once every few months.

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 01:22 PM

Bah, the kobolds long ago got substituted by undead hamsters. Less problems with the kobold union. Now, how do you get decomposing hamsters back to work?

Cordovan
04-06-2015, 01:23 PM
We have folks working diligently with their +3 Warhammers of Fixit. We still have no ETA, but are working to get a fix implemented this afternoon, and will reopen the worlds as soon as we can.

ToastyFred
And you do not seem to handle databases with a lot of open threads on a daily base, do you?

I have NetApp devices doing hourly backups of Microsoft SQL databases as well as virtual servers 24/7/365.

Next?

Kristii
If your management is setting deadlines that are not achievable then that is bad management. A good manager listens to those he is managing that know more about what is feasible than he does. As a manager should say "I need it by this date. How can we make that happen?" If solutions to accomplish that are not forthcoming setting the deadline is a failure on the managers part.

I am the GM of a chemical plant. If my VP tells me that he needs something by this date that is not possible it is MY responsibility to either figure out way to make that happen or change the deadline. I am good at my job and my boss listens to me. I will never agree to a deadline even if he insists on it if it is not feasible.

You must have never had a bad manager. I'm glad your boss listens to you, and that you listen to the people you manager, but not all of them do. I know there have been plenty of times I told my manager who wanted X done by X time, "I can't get that done by X time, and these are the reasons." He gives me a blank, doe-eyed look and says, "Well, it needs to happen anyway. Thank you." You automatically assumed the guy needed to get better at his job. Maybe his manager needs to be the one to get better at his job instead.

UurlockYgmeov
04-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Bah, the kobolds long ago got substituted by undead hamsters. Less problems with the kobold union. Now, how do you get decomposing hamsters back to work?

sorry - they undead hamsters got replaced by clay golems.... and we know what happened to them.

arcticwolf123

[QUOTE=Cordovan;5580296]We have folks working diligently with their +3 Warhammers of Fixit. We still have no ETA, but are working to get a fix implemented this afternoon, and will reopen the worlds as soon as we can.

how about a sign of customer appreciation and give VIP status players special rewards for the delays and waste of good playing time

PNP
We have folks working diligently with their +3 Warhammers of Fixit. We still have no ETA, but are working to get a fix implemented this afternoon, and will reopen the worlds as soon as we can.

thanks for update - i think someone used a smiting hammer first though...

Nestroy
04-06-2015, 01:25 PM

Just one question - will there be another update session or can we start the launcher and wait for the worlds to reopen?

UurlockYgmeov

Oh Oh --- Kobold think they spotted the Mimics.... hiding as +3 Warhammers of Fixit.... Kobold thinks there is going to be trouble!

MadCookieQueen

So in the next budget cycle could you upgrade to +5 Warhammers of Fixit, maybe with a red slot for Online +138 augment?

gallantian
04-06-2015, 01:26 PM
I can't help but picture Will Wheaton in a little recording booth, wearing a scarf and hipster glasses reading his lines and then saying for the 100th time "wait cut, sorry guys, I just didn't feel that last one, I mean I don't feel like I'm conveying a sense of true evil ... can we do it again, and my cola is getting a bit warm too..." Meanwhile devs are looking nervously at their watches, whispering about all the heat they are getting on the forums to each other

goldgolem
04-06-2015, 01:26 PM

If I am going to miss a deadline at work, I inform people before the fact and have a plan ready for when I am going to meet a deadline, not just "whenever"

In the real world, missing your deadlines and telling people afterwards generally gets you fired after 8 years of doing it

Gratch
04-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Ooh... is it the bug where you can take a stack of throwers and subdivide them into two new stacks of 50. Including non-stacked thrower that just dupe themselves?

^- That bug hit on two separate occasions and caused world rollbacks and day long downtimes in the first year of DDO updates.

Hmmm... didn't they just update Thieves Tools stacking?

-DDO Historian Gratch

apacheizm23
04-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Only +3? lol I hear you.. Hurry you have some very impatient players waiting to ummm play..

DougGlyndwyr
arcticwolf is right! This game should be a lot more like other games! Like Star Trek Online, with the game being down for a week after the Romulan expansion, and crushing, crushing lag for months afterward! Or it and it's sister Neverwinter with 3 hours down EVERY WEEK! Or the expansive update schedule of DC Online with one a year! Or Runescape, where a year is considered extravagant. Or, bestest of all, UO which is still down (and gone!)

If you think the devs are that bad, please can your subscription. If you live in the real world, accept it for what it is: a problem with an expansion to a 10 year old game to keep it alive. And for someone who's put six years into it, thank you devs for keeping the faith in the game, the worlds, and us.

Fedora1

Try Holy Sword on those warhammers!

RTN

Thanks for the update, Cord. Bring them some Jolt. I'm sure hyper-caffeination will do them good.

MadCookieQueen
04-06-2015, 01:30 PM
I can't help but picture Will Wheaton in a little recording booth, wearing a scarf and hipster glasses reading his lines and then saying for the 100th time "wait cut, sorry guys, I just didn't feel that last one, I mean I don't feel like I'm conveying a sense of true evil ... can we do it again, and my cola is getting a bit warm too..." Meanwhile devs are looking nervously at their watches, whispering about all the heat they are getting on the forums to each other

I kind of pictured it more like the devs took a break, rolled up some toons and they did the sound recording of Wil actually running the game.

Lucky devs...

psykopeta
04-06-2015, 01:30 PM
oh come on

only 234 posts?

it has been so funny til i reached the last post :(

there're great posters tho, lots of fanboys, lots of haters, and 2-3 real workers for what i've read XD

btw i work for a bank and we have a simple rule: if it's gonna be done for monday, don't worry, they will pay you to get it done for monday

wonder if they don't get paid in turbine, or maybe they expect to get it all done w/o extra costs? nor planning? nothing? wow, even flash games have better planification, and well, more population, more cash income (for the things i've stated they have better than ddo, amongst other things)

maybe they should work for another thing? not the top chief, not the bottom worker, the whole company? maybe they could get more success doing other stuff, anything non quality related tho

Thanks for the update, Cord. Bring them some Jolt. I'm sure hyper-caffeination will do them good.

lies!! caffeine is bad!! for real lol, not kidding, raises the mistake percentage

fangblackhawk
04-06-2015, 01:34 PM
we have folks working diligently with their +3 warhammers of fixit. We still have no eta, but are working to get a fix implemented this afternoon, and will reopen the worlds as soon as we can.

get a bigger hammer

Pomdude
04-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Codovan you watch way too much Big Bang theory !

Raj: I don't like bugs, okay? They freak me out.

Sheldon: Interesting. You're afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.

*NB Unless +3 can get through the DR of the hamsters go bigger.

Natashaelle
04-06-2015, 01:35 PM
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii470/gonzoreynoso09/DSC00012.jpg

Oh noes !!! I been hit by a +3 hammer !!!

Rodosto
You using +3 Warhammers but people here uses +11 Greatsword of Money lol.

Coinspinner
A favorite downtime quote from Everquest.
ETA SOON.........

ForgettableNPC
04-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Y'arr, insert generic salty complaint regarding the inability to partake in the amusement of Dungeons & Dragons Online here. Y'arr.

Also, are the Warhammers Masterful or Wondrous Craftsmanship? And only +3? GIMP!