PDA

View Full Version : Back after several years.

Gordonopolis
04-03-2015, 11:24 AM
I played extensively several years ago, but stopped when the baby came. I've always gotten the emails from DDO, so I decided to fire up the game again.

Downloaded and installed, and my old user ID and login still worked, but how do I go about remembering what server I was playing on, and my old character? Right this second they all seem to be offline. Or, am I doing something wrong?

edit - I see my join date now... wow... I probably last played in 2010. Will my old character still be there? The fact ALL the servers are in a "Closed" status is a little disconcerting. Do I just have bad timing?

Fedora1
04-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Hmmm all the servers are up in my launcher. Do you have a firewall or something that might be blocking the connection?

Gordonopolis
04-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh, I restarted the client and now they are listed Online.

So how do I remember my old server? Ha.

ddorimble
04-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh, I restarted the client and now they are listed Online.

So how do I remember my old server? Ha.

There's not that many, just start going through them.

Gordonopolis
04-09-2015, 10:07 PM
So I am back in the game... and I don't remember how to play. I am in "The Harbor." Is there any way to go back and do the tutorials? If so, how?

I can't even remember the hotkeys to all these different item windows at the bottom.

Also, I don't remember being only level 4... did I lose levels after my long absence?

PsychoBlonde
04-09-2015, 10:19 PM
So I am back in the game... and I don't remember how to play. I am in "The Harbor." Is there any way to go back and do the tutorials? If so, how?

I can't even remember the hotkeys to all these different item windows at the bottom.

Also, I don't remember being only level 4... did I lose levels after my long absence?

You may have created characters on multiple servers in order to favor-farm to get Turbine points. Check the other servers to see if you have a higher-level character on one of them.

There aren't really tutorials per se in the game. There are hints, which you can reset if you want to see them again.

Probably the best thing to do is to just hop in a wilderness explorer area like the Cerulean Hills or Waterworks and start running around whacking at things. The explorer areas are low-difficulty and free-roaming, so you can get some practice running around and killing monsters a bit in the most basic way possible. After that, it's time to start figuring out how your class abilities and so forth work. Once you have a handle on that, time to hit some quests!

UurlockYgmeov
04-09-2015, 11:54 PM
welcome back!

Best way to learn / re-learn the game? Just create a new character and start at the beginning! :P

Best way to find your old characters (they should still be around) is just log onto each server and see. :D

Have fun storming the castle!

PS - ddowiki.com is your friend!

moomooprincess
04-10-2015, 06:25 AM

In the Harbor, there is an island with a lighthouse on it. On that island is a person by a rowboat that will take you back to Korthos. That is the tutorial area that you remember and has not changed.

To use your hot bars, you can cycle through them CTRL-1 takes you to Hot Bar 1, then press the number(1 through 10) that corresponds to that hotkey you want.

You never lose levels for being absent, as others stated, you are probably on a server you did not originally pick as your home server. There are only eight servers, it will take at most 40 minutes to cycle through them to see where your highest level character(s) are.