PDA

View Full Version : "Master Collector" Plox

Maldrak
03-28-2015, 08:22 AM
I recently overflowed my collectibles bag, and decided to go around turning in some of these extra collectibles and it hit me again how tedious going to all the different zones to talk to all the different collectors was. This time I decided to post something about it though, on the off chance some developer decided it was a good enough point to do something about. :)

Basically, the problem is that it's not convenient AT ALL to turn those collectibles in, so they tend to pile up until something MAKES me deal with them. And then it's an "all day event" getting rid of the pointless ones.

My proposed solution would be to introduce a "Master Collector" NPC that has ALL the collectible turn-in recipes in one place. Was capable of taking ANY AND ALL collectibles in one huge many many paged list. This would make getting rid of any specific collectible easier (drag it to the ingredients list and see what it might make), as well as just general unloading.

This NPC could just be some NPC out in the world somewhere, or it could possibly be implemented as a guild airship amenity (probably as a cargo hold NPC - this would also help serve as a cash sink, as it'd likely be quite popular and would now require monthly maintenance).

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that suggestion out there. If it's already been suggested to death, please feel free to disregard this post.

EDIT: Realized this might help server load as well (you'll have to check with the programmers to confirm this, but...). If it becomes more convenient to unload these collectibles, more people are more likely to carry around fewer of them - thus reducing the amount of things that need to be tracked, thus reducing load. Of course, this may not be significant enough to matter, and may actually make things worse if the trade-ins resulted in MORE clutter than the original collectibles did, so you'd definitely need to double check with the programmers to see if this might be true.

General_Gronker
03-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Or you could stop collecting things.

cdbd3rd
03-28-2015, 11:58 AM

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140405143645/glee/images/e/e8/Blasphemy_gif_practice_by_angel_of_the_dark12-d4hwbpv.gif

@ OP: Dunno about changing it to one NPC to trade collectables, but having them all clustered a bit closer together (like the hireling NPCs are now) would be a good thing. Most of them have good stuff worth trading for, it's just a hassle to run around and figure out which one has what.

Maldrak
03-30-2015, 05:51 PM

I keep collecting for the rares (fr crafting etc), and the commons just kinda pile up along the way. It's not a big deal obviously, I just thought it'd be nice to be able to see ALL the alternatives for any given collectible right in the window, instead of having to look it up on the wiki. And it shouldn't be too much trouble to implement, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

@ OP: Dunno about changing it to one NPC to trade collectables, but having them all clustered a bit closer together (like the hireling NPCs are now) would be a good thing. Most of them have good stuff worth trading for, it's just a hassle to run around and figure out which one has what.

Well, since just having them all in one place wouldn't let you see all the recipes for a given item, I prefer a single vendor with a massive list. (Most items are single vendor, but a few are not I think).

Maldrak
04-11-2015, 02:53 AM
Ya know, I thought about this some more, and never mind this master collector, just let me double click the collectable and bring up a trade window (like the heart seeds or coms do)... That'd be ALOT more convenient, and then you could REMOVE all those silly collectors and reduce zone clutter and speed up zone load times... Nifty!