PDA

View Full Version : A minor idea to make skill focus better

Christianmellon
03-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Skill focus currently gives +3 to your skill, my idea is that if you have skill focus then you are considered to always be 3 over the minimum success DC(on top of current bonuses). In other words you always have a 15% chance to pass any roll.

This of course would only benefit you if your skill was too low to win normally, and if you did have enough to win without it then it doesn't help outside of the normal +3.

Just a small thought to make this and similar feats more appealing.

General_Gronker
03-29-2015, 02:06 AM
No.

If you want it to provide something over and above +3 (which is so-so, even in pnp), then I would suggest it allows you to do something with the skill that should have been an option from Day 1:

It could allow you to take 10 with the skill. Just drag the Skill Focus icon to a tool bar as a toggle. If it's on, you always take 10 with the roll.

Christianmellon
04-17-2015, 06:07 AM
No.

If you want it to provide something over and above +3 (which is so-so, even in pnp), then I would suggest it allows you to do something with the skill that should have been an option from Day 1:

It could allow you to take 10 with the skill. Just drag the Skill Focus icon to a tool bar as a toggle. If it's on, you always take 10 with the roll.

Could you explain the objection a bit more? 1 word doesn't really tell me why you disagree

The take 10 thing doesn't really do much except maybe lower the minimum always succeed stat by 9 points.

LuKaSu
04-17-2015, 05:40 PM
No.

Now THAT's an interesting take on bringing the "Take 10" option into DDO.