PDA

View Full Version : give TWF feats melee power while wearing light or no armor

Alternative
03-27-2015, 10:16 AM
or add it to the cores 3 4 and 5 of tempest, assassin, ninja spy, and shintao (and maybe that nature warrior druid, dunno)

Ancient
03-27-2015, 11:37 AM
or add it to the cores 3 4 and 5 of tempest, assassin, ninja spy, and shintao (and maybe that nature warrior druid, dunno)

One one hand, this sounds reasonable. Especially since other fighting styles get melee power, and I've read so many posts about how twf is so far behind the other styles. But I can't help but notice... That 8K dps pally video.... He looked like he was using two weapons.

Qhualor
03-27-2015, 11:45 AM
I'll sign for the cores but not for the armor. I believe it to be the wrong way to incentivize players wearing armor thematically. Take it away from the barbs too because I never thought that was right either. Proper adjustments to armor and certain cases where restrictions need to apply is the more logical way to do it.

count_spicoli
03-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Why? Is twf struggling? My main is a twf and he destroys things. Not sure where the problem is. If your having a problem could be a toon building error.

Monkey-Boy
03-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Why? Is twf struggling? My main is a twf and he destroys things. Not sure where the problem is. If your having a problem could be a toon building error.

Switch it to SWFing on lamania and you'll see the problem. I had a pally gain 1000 DPS i the Cabal beatdown tests.

TWFing barbs are still putting out insane damage, some breaking 5k single target DPS.

Fighters . . . people still play fighters?

Rogues apparently aren't allow to do DPS anymore since they can disarm traps.

Tempest as really horrible in general right now and need massive increases if what we're seeing on barbarians is the new "normal."

I'm not sure the 'style' needs the help, probably just the classes and the PREs. Any more buffs to the TWFing style itself pushes barbs to a level beyond full-******.

count_spicoli
03-27-2015, 01:05 PM
My main is twf 12ftr/4 ranger/4 pally. No barb. Insta death to most things twfing. I have switched to swf and found it gimp comparitavly speaking. A kop in the off hand offers way more than nothing in the offhand IMO.

Monkey-Boy
03-27-2015, 01:17 PM
My main is twf 12ftr/4 ranger/4 pally.

A barb will be putting out almost twice the damage that toon does.

count_spicoli
03-27-2015, 01:43 PM
They will swing to slow.

brzytki
03-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Well, if you haven't seen yet there are some "improvements" on Lama in the fighting style feats department. Regular + Improved + Greater = 4 MP now, regardless of style, +2 MP for weapon focus, specialization and so on.

General_Gronker
03-29-2015, 02:00 AM
No.

Better idea:

GET RID OF MELEE AND RANGED POWER AND SCALE HIT POINTS BACK TO WHERE THEY SHOULD BE!

zwiebelring
03-29-2015, 03:42 AM
No.

Better idea:

GET RID OF MELEE AND RANGED POWER AND SCALE HIT POINTS BACK TO WHERE THEY SHOULD BE!

Nonsense. The game evolved into power creep. I am a DnD purist as soeone can be but I don't see DDO as a purist-caring DnD emulation any more. Stop crying about the past, work with what is standard now and suggest balancing issues according to it.