PDA

View Full Version : pay for 24/7/365 Lamannia access

eecsman
03-19-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses the times Lamannia is up to try out new/weird character builds, in addition to (or instead of) trying out new content. So my suggestion is to keep Lamannia up all the time, for a cost.

When Lamannia is now normally up, anyone can login. When you would now normally bring Lamannia down, access is:

1) Free to VIPs. (I'm a VIP, so treat this as a biased opinion)
2) F2P / Premium can buy an access code from the DDO store, 1 day or 1 week.

I'm not sure about how much the access codes should be. My rough suggestion would be somewhere in between an impulse purchase price on the low end, and "maybe I should try out VIP for a month" on the high end.

When people login, put up a mandatory disclaimer saying "characters on this servers can be deleted at any time", "this server can go down at any time with no notice", etc.

I'm sure others can come up with other suggestions / features, but I think people would pay to have Lamannia up all the time, just as it is now.

Grosbeak07
03-19-2015, 08:40 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses the times Lamannia is up to try out new/weird character builds, in addition to (or instead of) trying out new content. So my suggestion is to keep Lamannia up all the time, for a cost.

When Lamannia is now normally up, anyone can login. When you would now normally bring Lamannia down, access is:

1) Free to VIPs. (I'm a VIP, so treat this as a biased opinion)
2) F2P / Premium can buy an access code from the DDO store, 1 day or 1 week.

I'm not sure about how much the access codes should be. My rough suggestion would be somewhere in between an impulse purchase price on the low end, and "maybe I should try out VIP for a month" on the high end.

When people login, put up a mandatory disclaimer saying "characters on this servers can be deleted at any time", "this server can go down at any time with no notice", etc.

I'm sure others can come up with other suggestions / features, but I think people would pay to have Lamannia up all the time, just as it is now.

No.

Because that is not what lammania is for. I'm actually happy they shut it down between updates, there was a small, but significant group that simply played there with free TP, instant leveling, free gear and access to everything without paying.

Enoach
03-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Lamannia is the preview server. It is there for Turbine to show us what they are proposing to go live with. While it has some nice leveling features those were intended to help players have a character at a level to review any new content or to explore the changes in the enhancements/feats/etc.

What your proposing would mean that we would lose the Preview aspect the server was intended to provide.

Ancient
03-19-2015, 10:22 AM

I like this idea. The counter arguments fail at face value:

* People have to pay for full time access, so fears about playing without paying... make a lot of sense...
* They still put up previews at any time, so the preview feature... is 100% unchanged.
* The frequent character wipes means that it would never be a permanent home
* I do a lot of build testing for theory builds when lamania is up, it is something I might pay for.