PDA

View Full Version : Otto's Box Questions

Rekker
03-15-2015, 10:45 AM
So, if you're a level 15 toon and use the box, what happens to all the leftover unused XP ???

If take that toon to 20 then TR will the remaining XP reappear ???

Can you apply any of it to Epic levels ?

Roland_D'Arabel
03-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Any leftover XP is wasted.

moomooprincess
03-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Heroic is best used at level 8. I think if you are level 15 and go to level 19(MAX), you are capped on that stone and all that leftover XP is BURNED. I think that even going from level 8 to level 19 there is some leftover and it is burned.

With EPIC stones, using XP elixirs will help stretch out the XP, plus a a tome of XP(available in the DDo Store permanent buff), and if you have a guild ship buff?(cant remember if that was nerfed or not) help also.

Bluegirl_Two
03-15-2015, 01:10 PM
If you are a first life character a box will get you to L20 from L1. On a second life character it can get you from L1 to L20 if you have enough of an XP boost because boosts apply. On a third or later life it is hard to get to L20 even with a boost unless you are at least L9.

As everyone has said, if you are an iconic you will jump to L20 (and it doesn't matter how many past lives you have had). And, as they have said, any excess XP is lost.

If you use an epic box the number of past lives is meaningless since epic XP for each level does not change. With a boost you can usually expect to go from L20 to L24 -- a 50%+ boost will get you to L25. If you are L26 already you can expect to cap if you have a reasonable boost.

Best uses for the boxes are to push through past lives you don't really want to be forced to play. Because you skip so much content and do not get to develop experience or acquire appropriate gear I think that it is a bad idea for a new player to use the box to just jump up to epic level. But, if you used 2 boxes to fast level to L20 and reincarnate so that you have two past lives and 34 build points -- I could see that as reasonable.

Then play the stronger character through, learn the game, acquire the gear, and do epics -- I think that would be a good use of the boxes.

Seikojin
03-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Any leftover XP is wasted.

This. Use it to go to 1-20 on a first life, or get close to 20 on each other life. Or save 2 for warlocks to get your completionist back.

PsychoBlonde
03-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Heroic is best used at level 8. I think if you are level 15 and go to level 19(MAX), you are capped on that stone and all that leftover XP is BURNED. I think that even going from level 8 to level 19 there is some leftover and it is burned.

It depends on what life you're on. The stone gives 2,000,000 xp. With all possible xp buffs it gives 3,300,000 xp IIRC. (possibly a bit more if I'm missing something). 2M is more than enough to take a brand-new first life toon from 1-20. 3.3 M is enough to get even a third-lifer from 1-18. It is much faster to get the remaining xp at level 18 than it is farming it from level 1. So it really depends on your preference.

moomooprincess
03-15-2015, 04:29 PM
It depends on what life you're on. The stone gives 2,000,000 xp. With all possible xp buffs it gives 3,300,000 xp IIRC. (possibly a bit more if I'm missing something). 2M is more than enough to take a brand-new first life toon from 1-20. 3.3 M is enough to get even a third-lifer from 1-18. It is much faster to get the remaining xp at level 18 than it is farming it from level 1. So it really depends on your preference.

Rekker is a returning player that has not played in YEARS, but your advice is spot in. I did include the XP bonus in the EPIC for an example, but I am guessing that he is on his first life still.

Either way, he now knows he can use XP boosts of several varieties on either Heroic or Epic.

Rekker
03-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks for all the tips...definitely a lot of changes !