PDA

View Full Version : Heroic-only arti PL build

Makkuroi
03-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Im planning to go arti on my next life (need heroic arti PL), and starting to lay out plans

Race: Warforged (not going iconic for a change, artis arent that good in epics)
Level Split: 18 arti 2 monk (2 monk for evasion and 2 extra feats, precision and dodge probably, TRing at 20 so actually an 16/2 build)

Stats:

Int 18 (Harper/caster-ranged hybrid)
Dex 16 (for ranged feats)
Con 16
remaining 4 points in str or cha, ray of enfeeblement vs UMD

Feats:

Monk:
Precision
Dodge

7 level +4 Arti feats:

Maximize
Empower
Quicken
Wiz PL
Evo Focus

IC: Ranged
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Improved Precise Shot
Rapid Shot

Mithral Body ?? (no swapping to water stance for trapping)
Heighten ??

Enhancements

Arcanotechnician tier 4
Harper stuff

Harper or Arcanotechnician tier 5?

any comments or suggestions?

Chi_Ryu
03-15-2015, 05:06 AM
Race: Warforged (not going iconic for a change, artis arent that good in epics)
Level Split: 18 arti 2 monk (2 monk for evasion and 2 extra feats, precision and dodge probably, TRing at 20 so actually an 16/2 build)
[...]

Harper or Arcanotechnician tier 5?

any comments or suggestions?

You might want to look up the Dubbell O'Seven build, which seems right up your street.

1) Artificers work very well in medium or heavy armour (Adamantine body since you are WF) for tons of PRR and MRR, since their infusions do not have arcane spell failure - this wouldn't work well with a Monk splash if evasion is your goal though.

The Battle Engineer capstone is also pretty good (+2 INT, +1 weapon enchantment, all weapons considered spellcasting implements for extra USP). Dodge would be useless in heavy armour, but Precision is very good, so you'd be one feat down, but going pure would get you the level 20 bonus feat, so it breaks even.

2) I'd personally go Battle Engineer tier 5 over both those, to have your runearm permanently charging whilst still running at full speed and maintaining stable tier 3 - this gives an extra 24 universal spell power, and extra dps from the shot.

3) Get the Cruel Master enhancement from Arcanotechnician and use the dog as a meat shield.

4) Definitely go Harper to get Int to hit and damage, and Know the Angles (you can cast the Arti infusions for Inisghtful strikes or damage, but I found it was tedious to have to do every weapon I swap out so took it for convenience). I found I had insufficient APs to get more.

Makkuroi
03-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Id rather skip charging the runearm except in stand and deliver situations, and harper tier 5 adds 15 spellpower, too (6 from versatile adept, 9 from harper enchantment of righteousness) while also adding more crossbow dps. Going the runearm line costs a LOT of AP. The automatic implement is nice, of course, but I guess ill have a crafted repair-slotted holy of bleeding repeater most of the time anyway, since I wont make an extra greensteel repeater for just one life.

I think im mostly going to use crossbows, with the spells and SLAs mainly for AOE damage and cc or mobs with lots of DR.

unbongwah
03-15-2015, 09:25 AM
If you wish to focus on ranged DPS and this is an HTR-only build, I would consider arty 16 / rgr 4: the hvy rgr splash is a net gain of one feat (lose arty lvl 20, gain Rapid Shot & Prec Shot free) as well as DWS bonus like Killer (+20% doubleshot when maxed out), up to 3d6 SA, +10m on PBS range, special atks like Aimed Shot & Merciful Shot.

You lose two lvl 6 spells, unfortunately, but if you're ranged-focused all you really want is Reconstruct and Deadly, IMHO.

Elytia
03-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Are you really set on WF? If so, it's only really a one feat gain as you lose one taking a Body feat unless you want to stick with Composite Plating (can't see why you would!).

Makkuroi
03-15-2015, 10:35 AM
I think evasion is really convenient, and I can use the extra feats. AP are tight on a hybrid build, no way I can afford ranger enhancements.

About warforged: I like convenient self-heals, arti get free repair spells at low lvls. For me, taking WF is a no-brainer here. I dont want to carry around a ton of pots and jump around in circles with scrolls in hand. Level drain immunity and high fort are also extremely convenient.

Sehenry03
03-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Are you really set on WF? If so, it's only really a one feat gain as you lose one taking a Body feat unless you want to stick with Composite Plating (can't see why you would!).

It is not just a 1 feat gain it is also a self healing build. WF blow fleshies out of the water when it comes to survivability.

And I would skip evasion and just go heavy. The heavy armor will give you enough PRR/MRR to not worry about traps anyway plus you can absorb a ton of dmg. I play Arty's a lot and I have done both. I will not take evasion on my arty anymore.

Raezar
03-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Heighten ??

Heighten is a waste on an arti, they can only cast up to six spell level

Makkuroi
03-15-2015, 06:23 PM
I just saw i missed insightful reflexes as a feat...

Ill rethink the monk levels, the advantage isnt that big. Do I have to care about spell failure in adamantine plating?

Oxarhamar
03-16-2015, 10:53 AM
I just saw i missed insightful reflexes as a feat...

Ill rethink the monk levels, the advantage isnt that big. Do I have to care about spell failure in adamantine plating?

not on spells only scrolls for an Artificer.