PDA

View Full Version : Remove class restriction from Iconic gear.

zaphear
03-12-2015, 04:20 PM
And maybe give it a boost after you Iconic TR.. some of the stuff isn't half bad and could definitely be used by other classes. As of right now it's all just gets deleted every life, would be nice if they gave us a reason to keep it.

Rofaust
03-13-2015, 04:55 AM
And maybe give it a boost after you Iconic TR.. some of the stuff isn't half bad and could definitely be used by other classes. As of right now it's all just gets deleted every life, would be nice if they gave us a reason to keep it.

I kind of agree... but I think getting all 4 sets of gear to mix and match on any character would be a little too much. I do think its stupid that we trash it at reincarnation and get it again when we ITR - we don't re-get heroic starting gear at lvl 1 when we HTR (unless you do the grotto). They expect you to start fresh gear-wise at lvl 1 because you should still have gear from previous lives... It kinda seems like TRs shouldn't be getting Iconic gear - I mean if you TR, you had lvl 15 gear at some point too... Then again, maybe not for the class you want. Considering the circumstances I guess it's a good system but a little weird. I don't think we should be starting at level 15.

Aelonwy
03-13-2015, 07:28 AM
I kind of agree... but I think getting all 4 sets of gear to mix and match on any character would be a little too much. I do think its stupid that we trash it at reincarnation and get it again when we ITR - we don't re-get heroic starting gear at lvl 1 when we HTR (unless you do the grotto). They expect you to start fresh gear-wise at lvl 1 because you should still have gear from previous lives... It kinda seems like TRs shouldn't be getting Iconic gear - I mean if you TR, you had lvl 15 gear at some point too... Then again, maybe not for the class you want. Considering the circumstances I guess it's a good system but a little weird. I don't think we should be starting at level 15.

I think, or I hope rather, that you keep getting the iconic gear in case you TR a character into that iconic class that maybe was never iconic previously such that for instance should I TR my halfling rogue into a Shadar-kai rogue she would still get the shadar kai armor cosmetic, etc. Otherwise only characters whose first life is iconic would receive these items and that would be less than ideal.

General_Gronker
03-13-2015, 08:52 AM
No.

LuKaSu
03-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I think, or I hope rather, that you keep getting the iconic gear in case you TR a character into that iconic class that maybe was never iconic previously such that for instance should I TR my halfling rogue into a Shadar-kai rogue she would still get the shadar kai armor cosmetic, etc. Otherwise only characters whose first life is iconic would receive these items and that would be less than ideal.

This makes a lot of sense. On a first life Iconic, the gear comes in a little one-item package until you double click and make it expand into the whole set. If it does the same thing for the next Iconic life, it doesn't feel like 1 extra item is going to cause mass panic or anything, even if you don't want it.

digital_terror1
03-17-2015, 12:14 PM

This makes a lot of sense. On a first life Iconic, the gear comes in a little one-item package until you double click and make it expand into the whole set. If it does the same thing for the next Iconic life, it doesn't feel like 1 extra item is going to cause mass panic or anything, even if you don't want it.

Every time you tr into an iconic, you get the package. It's not a one time package. I've done 2 S-K lives and I'm on my 3rd PDK life on a completionist character. Everything that comes out of those boxes though is bound to the CLASS, not just the character, so that on my current PDK life I can't use any of the S-K gear.

As a result, all you can do with the gear is destroy it when you are done using it, because if you do another life of that iconic type you'll just get a nice, fresh copy of the destroyed item anyway and you can't use the item unless you are playing that specific iconic race.

There are items from the various iconics that I would LOVE to be able to use in other lives...such as the S-K ring that boosts assassinate DC, just as one example.

JOTMON
03-17-2015, 01:07 PM
I would like to be able to use some of these iconic items on alternate lives of something else.
They are all BTC anyway.. pretty stupid to have these iconic restricted.
All we do now is level then throw away all the gear because it only has a small window of usefulness and cant be used in alternative lives.
Such a waste of potentially fun gear for alternative lives.

kemetka
03-17-2015, 01:18 PM
the reason is that the items - some of them - do not function properly visually with other race types outside of what they are created with, i had asked this question a while ago even when using a glamor item they remained bound to use for the respective iconic type.

sucks but it is what it is

digital_terror1
03-18-2015, 12:55 AM
the reason is that the items - some of them - do not function properly visually with other race types outside of what they are created with, i had asked this question a while ago even when using a glamor item they remained bound to use for the respective iconic type.

sucks but it is what it is

Such an explanation only covers helmet, goggles, and armor. Lots of iconic gear that have no visual effect at all...rings, necklaces, bracers, cloaks, boots, etc and so on.

bartharok
03-18-2015, 02:44 AM
I dont like the idea, but cant be bothered to hate it either

RD2play
03-18-2015, 06:15 AM

You get the Gear not the Cosmetics if you TR into an Iconic, you only get the cosmetics if it is a first life.....

Noneof
03-18-2015, 12:05 PM
You get the Gear not the Cosmetics if you TR into an Iconic, you only get the cosmetics if it is a first life.....

Incorrect. You also get the cosmetics the first time you TR into an iconic.