PDA

View Full Version : question on tring into iconic bladeforged

weisneck3
03-12-2015, 06:28 AM
I've played DDO for about 2 years .Took a 2 1/2 year break and now I'm back and a lot has changed. I currently have a legend warforged 3 past life barb 3 past life fighter and 2 past life pally (working on 3rd now). I would like to tr into a bladeforged 2 rouge 6 barb 12 fighter. From what I found on the forums I would have to tr at 20 (with my current last pally life). Lv up has a bladeforged pally to lv 15 use my heart of wood +20 they gave me to lesser tr pick first lv has rouge than get a alignment change from ddo store use it and continue to lv with my build I've used alignment changes while lesser tring before at lv 1(on the airship were you re lv ) so it should work. Is this the right approach or am I missing something and also do I keep my past life feats? Thank you for any feed back. ( I know I'm not a new player but been gone for so long I feel like I am lol )

FuzzyDuck81
03-12-2015, 07:56 AM
First off, yes you'll keep all your existing past life feats :)

Secondly, you can only use an alignment change in an inn, so won't be able to switch out for rogue at 1st level then change alignment & continue, which will make things troublesome - you'll need to:

1) level your character up to 15 with only the 1st as paladin, the remainder as fighter
2) use a +1 heart to switch out the 1st level for rogue (or other non alignment-restricted class, you mainly just want to get rid of the paladin level) & re-level the rest.
3) go to an inn & use the alignment change
4) use your stashed +20 heart to re-level your character again with the actual progression you want

A thought though - with the new MRR system, evasion isn't such a big thing now & a wf or bf with adamantine body is very durable so you could always have some other class there, maybe artificer if you're mainly after the skills? Or maybe you're going for a stalwart defender/non-raging frenzied beserker (just supreme cleave & the glancing blow stuff)/acrobat stick user, in which case yeah rogue is good even without evasion :)

Ambitious
03-12-2015, 08:06 AM
You know, just because you ask the same questions multiple times doesn't change the answer.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457173-question-on-tr-ing-into-iconic-bladeforged

weisneck3
03-12-2015, 08:27 AM
You know, just because you ask the same questions multiple times doesn't change the answer.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457173-question-on-tr-ing-into-iconic-bladeforged

I'm a first time user of the forums was not sure how to delete the first post or were to post the questions sorry I upset you or you thought I was looking for a different answer that was not the case

weisneck3
03-12-2015, 08:52 AM

Secondly, you can only use an alignment change in an inn, so won't be able to switch out for rogue at 1st level then change alignment & continue, which will make things troublesome - you'll need to:

1) level your character up to 15 with only the 1st as paladin, the remainder as fighter
2) use a +1 heart to switch out the 1st level for rogue (or other non alignment-restricted class, you mainly just want to get rid of the paladin level) & re-level the rest.
4) use your stashed +20 heart to re-level your character again with the actual progression you want

A thought though - with the new MRR system, evasion isn't such a big thing now & a wf or bf with adamantine body is very durable so you could always have some other class there, maybe artificer if you're mainly after the skills? Or maybe you're going for a stalwart defender/non-raging frenzied beserker (just supreme cleave & the glancing blow stuff)/acrobat stick user, in which case yeah rogue is good even without evasion :)

I used this build once during one of my fighter lives and it worked well with rage, frenzy, & power surge I just hope they all stack the str still like it did years ago or I might have to go another route ty for telling me how to make it happen :)

FuzzyDuck81
03-12-2015, 09:15 AM
I used this build once during one of my fighter lives and it worked well with rage, frenzy, & power surge I just hope they all stack the str still like it did years ago or I might have to go another route ty for telling me how to make it happen :)

Well rage & frenzy definitely do, that's kind of the point :) and power surge is typed as psionic iirc, so it should do too :)

Karranor
03-13-2015, 12:05 PM

Good advice! It's so easy to get tripped up with TRing. I've played since the dawning of DDO and consider myself pretty knowledgeable, but I still worry about TRs messing up characters.