PDA

View Full Version : Greater Invisibility

General_Gronker
03-11-2015, 12:57 AM
There is absolutely no good reason for this spell to be missing from the game.

Invisibility, Greater
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Target: You or creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
This spell functions like invisibility, except that it doesn’t end if the subject attacks.

cru121
03-11-2015, 01:31 AM
There is absolutely no good reason for this spell
yes

gwonbush
03-11-2015, 02:11 AM
The problem is greater invisibility is just too strong in DDO. Since we have spell points instead of spells per day, it wouldn't cost too much to keep it going full time, making every monster that can't see invisible creatures all but useless. It'd just make the job of the devs harder as they try to balance around the constantly invisible arcane classes.

Lonnbeimnech
03-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Magic is very weak in this game compared to pnp, mostly because we are missing 98% (estimate) of the spells.

ssgcmwatson
03-18-2015, 10:31 PM
The problem is greater invisibility is just too strong in DDO. Since we have spell points instead of spells per day, it wouldn't cost too much to keep it going full time.

I think ways could be found around this. One option might be a very long cool-down. Another would be to modify the spell's effects so that once the player makes an attack, invisibility would only last for X more seconds (perhaps where X is the caster level).

Saekee
03-19-2015, 07:58 AM
There is absolutely no good reason for this spell to be missing from the game.

General_Gronker, I listed similar in-effects in this thread; not spells:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457293-Stealth-Acting-Even-killing-in-Plain-Sight-outside-Assassinate

I found these effects to be very powerful, especially for stealth-lovers who do not wish to rely on assassinate (assuming they even have it).

Monkey-Boy
03-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Doesn't matter with most of the champions having True Seeing.

Saekee
03-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Doesn't matter with most of the champions having True Seeing.
It can be used tactically in that one can pull a champ while invisible.

BTW is Monkey-Boy a Buckaroo Bonzai reference?