PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 4th from 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Pages : [1] 2

Cordovan
03-04-2015, 06:40 AM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 4th from 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Cordovan
03-04-2015, 06:40 AM
I do apologize for failing to properly pre-announce the downtime. Entirely my fault.

Sunnie
03-04-2015, 06:42 AM
So back in a bit over 4 hours? Cool.

Still... it's nice to get the message before the servers go down. Otherwise, good job, carry on.

kauetomaz
03-04-2015, 06:45 AM
I do apologize for failing to properly pre-announce the downtime. Entirely my fault.

wow, im speechless and surprised, and not the bad type for once

Fletch.Lives
03-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Radio Silence... :/

Grandern_Marn
03-04-2015, 06:47 AM

Much appreciated, hope maintenance goes smoothly.

WIstuk
03-04-2015, 06:50 AM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 4th from 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

:( Didn't relize til I tried to log on this morning. Was HEART BROKEN! RUINED my morning routine. NOW I HAVE to WORK! CURSE! See ya soon! ;)

caberonia
03-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Couldn't maintenance have been performed during one of the other 2 or 3 downtimes we've had over the last week.. Just saying that if you're gonna have down time get it all done at once.

Also I'm starting to agree with those who complain that down times always effect the same people.. if were gonna have 1 or 2 downtimes every week can we at least change the times so the same people aren't having their play time disrupted every time.

Nyata
03-04-2015, 06:52 AM
well, good morning - welcome to the office :)
*hands out mugs of coffee*

Luckytobehere
03-04-2015, 06:54 AM
So some sorry ass decided we can all go to hell then. Same to you moron. Another fine example of let the people eat ***** huh?

Nyata
03-04-2015, 06:58 AM
So some sorry ass decided we can all go to hell then. Same to you moron. Another fine example of let the people eat ***** huh?

right... you probably never did not receive an email from some other department with information you should have had, but.. it just didn't make it.
or you probably never went home like 5 minutes early, cause it was a rough week and... wow in those 5 minutes a memo comes to your desk which you should have read and acted on.
or you probably never simply missed some bit of information, and of course you never make any mistakes anyway...

ah well, why do i bother. someone THAT perfect surely cannot relate to ordinary people who do make mistakes.

Brandall
03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Couldn't maintenance have been performed during one of the other 2 or 3 downtimes we've had over the last week.. Just saying that if you're gonna have down time get it all done at once.

Also I'm starting to agree with those who complain that down times always effect the same people.. if were gonna have 1 or 2 downtimes every week can we at least change the times so the same people aren't having their play time disrupted every time.

I agree wholeheartedly, while I understand that you want to perform maintenance first thing in the morning in case problems arise you aren't forcing people to stay late to fix them, it proves very discourteous to a great many people to always choose eastern AM as the maintenance time. Bite the bullet and make a rotating schedule.

CassioGalon
03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
I am kind new here, so we have maintenance every wedenesday same time?

Feal
03-04-2015, 07:01 AM

that would be wise

you just feed the anger of the people who can play the game at those hours, alternate the hours will lower the anger for downtimes, noticed or unnoticed. especially if the downtimes are very close one to another

slarden
03-04-2015, 07:01 AM

It's ok we remember the 999,999,999,999,999 times you went out of your way to communicate to the community. Things happen.

gamblorjb
03-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Perfect timing and I'm not being sarcastic. Our province is experiencing a major power outage so can't play anyways!

Just curious though, what's this maintenance for? And 7 hours seems an awful lot longer than the normal downtime. Can we get the reason for this downtime please. Is it more lag fixes?

Thanks.

Nyata
03-04-2015, 07:07 AM
I am kind new here, so we have maintenance every wedenesday same time?

not really, no.. maintenaince happens pretty much like the need arises. sometimes none at all for weeks, and then again it kind of happens rather often. usually it gets announced in advance either on the loading screen, or on the dev tracker on the forum. this one is rather unusual

gamblorjb
03-04-2015, 07:10 AM

I guess this proves that Cordovan is in fact human and not Warforged contrary to rumors.

General_Gronker
03-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Man, I can't even get angry about this downtime. Mostly, it makes me think there is just something currently, fundamentally wrong with the game. If you check your logs, you've had a lot of downtime over the last two months. Most, if not all of it during, or maybe caused by, the special events of each month.

Maybe you need a hardware upgrade and don't have the budget, I don't know. I do know it might be time for whomever makes these decisions to start pondering whether or not the events are worth the ever increasing hassle they seem to be causing. Hell, I actually like a couple of the events (not the winter ones), but I'd rather see them go away completely than continue to see an increase in buggy releases followed by excessive, corrective downtime.

I don't have any solutions, but it's undeniable that there is a problem, and you guys need to figure out what it is.

Ohboyo
03-04-2015, 07:20 AM

Too busy drinking cure serious wounds pots Cordovan?

You have a simple job - please do it correctly. or don't do it at all.

arklemighty
03-04-2015, 07:27 AM

I agree; feels like we have had downtown 4 times in 10 days and it's always the same time.

depositbox
03-04-2015, 07:27 AM
It's ok we remember the 999,999,999,999,999 times you went out of your way to communicate to the community.

you mean out of your way as in his job, right?

Faltout
03-04-2015, 07:32 AM

What I'm guessing is that maintenance affects all their games since they perform it on their hardware which hosts all the games. So, if they did maintenance along with the hotfixes, they would also impact LOTRO in short notice.
Another issue is that I'm guessing maintenance shuts down their servers while hotfixes don't (they should be having the servers on but inaccessible from the public to perform tests).

Both are just guesses, but they're valid ones. So unless you know more about their methods (which I doubt), then you can't make any such suggestions either :)

Bartoptics
03-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Perhaps they ran out of lag and had to emergency shutdown the servers and refill the lag hopper. Might I suggest an external lag hopper or maybe a hot swappable lag cartridge.

HippieBallz
03-04-2015, 07:46 AM
thanks for the sorry but man that blew my night now i have to do class work for my VGD class as such i understand the fixes you have to do but i also think the changing up of the times in wich you do it would be a good idea as you have a global player base and it can effect some people more than others talk to your people that have the ability to make a choice like that and see if it would be a viable choice to make might **** a few of us of in the states but we will live and level all the same

Kompera_Oberon
03-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Things can't always be done in a single batch job. Often times you need to make one change, observe the effect, then make another, observe again, etc.

If you make a pile of changes all at once and something unexpected occurs you may not be able to pinpoint which change was at fault, leading to having to back everything out and then start again with the incremental approach.

XodousRoC
03-04-2015, 07:50 AM

you mean out of your way as in his job, right?

Yeah, communication is his job. Despite the often snarky, impolite, targeted nature of comments on the forums he continues to do that job with a measure of equanimity. I would not, were I in his position.

He forgot something. Get over yourselves, then get over it. We all forget at times. Don't let your (justifiable) anger at Turbine over their tardy lag response and inability to fix a ladder bug color your dealings with Jerry. He is remarkably upbeat for someone who has to put up with the sharks circling the forums...

vhortex
03-04-2015, 07:55 AM
I agree; feels like we have had downtown 4 times in 10 days and it's always the same time.

I tried a few times to log back in the game in 2 weeks, all of the attempts landed on the downtimes. One of them was 10 minutes before the downtime. Never experience so much downtime in a very short period of time

pinkmist
03-04-2015, 07:57 AM
since we are no longer option 1 (when you call them on an actual phone) we are getting treated like bums, so far it looks like the so called hot fixes and lag repairs we have been told about, look more like new marketing for people that havn't been around to know better, just think how much "could have" been fixed using the time it took to make the splash screen for the current fleecing scam of 3 months for free on a year!! L M A O! if it wasn't for us there would be no 1-4 options, maybe you should stop making up these lil games and events until you get caught up fix'n what REALLY matters! R O F L M A O your mimic game is even jacked up L O L!

as far as the late notice on downtime, that just shows how hi we are on their to do list, so what one of your tech's wake up today and said, "what the heck lets take down the game and jack something else up!!

well it was good for a few years but now it's looking like its time to find a new game! i hear pong is a tad more state of the art compaired to ddo, maybe i will check that out!

well i hope they atleast spent my hard earned money on a pinball machine for their breakroom!, it would explain how they are all over the place and not focused on the ball!
CUZ YA DROPPED IT! LOOK BEHIND YA!!!!!! and pick it up!

RumbIe
03-04-2015, 08:03 AM
I never plan my day around DDO so prior notice is nice, but not necessary for me, though I can understand why other might like it. What I think is more pressing than bashing Cordovan, who only missed a single notice which in the scheme of things isn't really a big deal, is what is being done during the maintenance and what do the plan to address/fix.

I just bought a nice new machine. I'm on super fast internet (150 mbps) and prior to their last patch that was supposed to address lag I didn't have any lag. This was after years of me being on an older machine with lag all the time. I get 2 months lag free and then here we go again. It was timed exactly with the last update. If I play more than an hour straight it starts to creep up. This is happens mostly when playing in groups, though last night I did have it happen in public places. Also was doing a Thunder forge slayer run last night with a group and WOW!!!!! was there huge lag spikes. I'm talking a full minute + frozen. We can chat, swing, rotate camera, but can't move at all. I know, I know, I know, TF has been laggy for some time, and I've been a witness to it, but this felt even worse than normal. Usually will happen once a run for 15 seconds then not again. This time would happen multiple times in a run. Or sometimes you'd even get a lag free run. We reset several times and each time.

So is what do you hope this maintenance does or is it just routine maintenance?

Docgem
03-04-2015, 08:17 AM

How about extending the Mimic hunt for a week? Seems like a fair exchange as no one is complaining there is lag because of it. Just saying it would be nice as the only times I have had to come on lately have been down times. I actually planned on having this time open to play as I saw no notice of planned down time for today.

moomooprincess
03-04-2015, 08:18 AM

It has made for some good dramatic reading on the general forums!!

squirel73x2
03-04-2015, 08:18 AM
wonder what they'll break with this down time and many time's after will they take the game back down

Tscheuss
03-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Went to play Lotro, servers down. No problem, I'll just play DDO. Or not. :(

Guess I'll just have to go paint my dad's toes while he sleeps. >:-)

Nyata
03-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Guess I'll just have to go paint my dad's toes while he sleeps. >:-)

*hands Tscheuss her selection of nail polish, sits back and waits for results*

trevitt
03-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Will we get an extention on the mimic hunt. 7 hours is a big downtime in the middle of an event

PNP
03-04-2015, 08:52 AM

Every time I see downtime, I am torn between, THEY ARE TAKING AWAY FROM MY DDO TIME... MINE AND ONLY MINE and the 'I like to have a game to play and I do enjoy DDO so it is a good thing they keep working on it.'

Logging on this morning and a friend telling me, do not start anything, worlds are coming down when no announcement was in the launcher, yes, I was closer to option 1...

I understand why a company cannot communicate all the info to their customers (I have been in those shoes) but I am an advocate of more communication is better than none. I am not talking about this occurrence, mistakes happens, I am talking in general. I would hope, just hope, DDO community is mature enough to handle it and if they cannot, as a community, we can manage/calm down/chastise if needed our own.

Carry on, cheers

squirel73x2
03-04-2015, 09:00 AM
who cares if we get more time with it its the dumbest thing they come up with yet its impossible to get the cards to a just 1 +5 tome ad if u do get the cards u can only make per account so whats the point

Robai
03-04-2015, 09:02 AM
7 hours is a long time, they must be adding more BtC bank space to the game :)

Skragar
03-04-2015, 09:10 AM
I don't mind down time for maintenance but 7 hours is a long time.

Hulligan
03-04-2015, 09:14 AM
While I normally understand the need of maintenances lets say once every 2 week (which may consist but not limited to OS patching, security fixes, standard software maintenance, offline backups (if applicable), hardware fixes/changes) this is just too much. Ok, it's necessary. But my VIP won't get extended by a single hour so... how about some compensation? Really, throw us some bone. +20% heroic and epic XP from now on till Monday. Or a token that gives +200 motes of annoyance you can trade in for ANY cards you want of the mimic event. Whatever.

ianliam
03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
For all you "NEW" players, Start a "PnP" group, and see how long things take!!. If you don't know what "PnP" is then look it up, Ask someone!. You think this is the new thing to play!!!! it's not, Like Myself, It's been around for a long time, and the hard work that goes into each and every Quest/Story line takes months with Many people working on it. I tried to log on myself this morning and servers were down kinda made me say ***, but i know things happen. I pay Monthly (Could do yearly) and buy Turbine points at an ungodly rate!, I've been playing D&D for over thirty years, and for the last 8 years I've been on DDO (with a few breaks)!. Give them a break, you think all they do is sit at a desk and think of things to do? NO they are working hard at keeping the Game THEY love, up and running smoothly. (Remember most of them also play For fun). As for People like me it's more then a game!. So to see Noobs Whining about having some downtime, Have Patience they are working very hard for all of us!.

( That Awkward moment when you get in the van and realize there's no candy)

Nestroy
03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Will we get an extention on the mimic hunt. 7 hours is a big downtime in the middle of an event

Especially since there had been an unexpected outtime for the event too.

I would go for another 24 hours at least

Svartelric
03-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I can understand that with the event, regular maintenance, exceptional hotfixes, etc we might enter a streak of frequent downtimes. What I find a big richard move, is slotting those downtimes *always* in the same hours of the day, and let *always* the same players get the dirty end of the stick.

Calinthus
03-04-2015, 09:24 AM
It's ok we remember the 999,999,999,999,999 times you went out of your way to communicate to the community. Things happen.

+1
I may grumble on the occasion, but, I know that DDO, and all you devs, are the absolute best. If you weren't I wouldn't still be playing after over 5-6 years (estimate. I honestly don't keep track of the time.). So, to the angry mob, I say, "Quiet, you! Folk are trying to think." ;P

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah, communication is his job. Despite the often snarky, impolite, targeted nature of comments on the forums he continues to do that job with a measure of equanimity. I would not, were I in his position.

He forgot something. Get over yourselves, then get over it. We all forget at times. Don't let your (justifiable) anger at Turbine over their tardy lag response and inability to fix a ladder bug color your dealings with Jerry. He is remarkably upbeat for someone who has to put up with the sharks circling the forums...

I've played other MMOs where the Devs never bothered with posting on the forums at all. The fact that he does so is rather refreshing. They are not obligated to say anything or explain anything on the forums. I too would find find it difficult to not always be so polite with dealing with certain posts on the forums...

It has made for some good dramatic reading on the general forums!!

Cup of coffee and forum drama. What a way to start the day

trevitt
03-04-2015, 09:29 AM
I've been playing this game over 5 years so I am no noob and 7 hours downtime after the 3 other downtimes they have had in only the last couple of weeks tests anyones patience. Nice to see an apology for a change so nice one Cordovan but still is a bit much.

( That Awkward moment when you get in the van and realize there's no candy)[/QUOTE]

relenttless
03-04-2015, 09:30 AM
How about extending the Mimic hunt for a week?.

For the love of anything, please NO!....

(you could however, by way of atonement, bung everyone a card IX, that would work for me....)

trevitt
03-04-2015, 09:38 AM
For the love of anything, please NO!....

(you could however, by way of atonement, bung everyone a card IX, that would work for me....)

I think your safe. There is more chance of everyone on the servers getting a card 9 and a card 10 than an extention.

arkonas
03-04-2015, 09:44 AM
who cares if we get more time with it its the dumbest thing they come up with yet its impossible to get the cards to a just 1 +5 tome ad if u do get the cards u can only make per account so whats the point

geez who ****ed in your cereal. just stop complaining. lol

sago
03-04-2015, 09:57 AM
since we are no longer option 1 (when you call them on an actual phone) we are getting treated like bums, so far it looks like the so called hot fixes and lag repairs we have been told about, look more like new marketing for people that havn't been around to know better, just think how much "could have" been fixed using the time it took to make the splash screen for the current fleecing scam of 3 months for free on a year!! L M A O! if it wasn't for us there would be no 1-4 options, maybe you should stop making up these lil games and events until you get caught up fix'n what REALLY matters! R O F L M A O your mimic game is even jacked up L O L!

as far as the late notice on downtime, that just shows how hi we are on their to do list, so what one of your tech's wake up today and said, "what the heck lets take down the game and jack something else up!!

well it was good for a few years but now it's looking like its time to find a new game! i hear pong is a tad more state of the art compaired to ddo, maybe i will check that out!

well i hope they atleast spent my hard earned money on a pinball machine for their breakroom!, it would explain how they are all over the place and not focused on the ball!

I ALWAYS LOVE WAKING TO BREATH OF SUNSHINE. who needs coffee when you have this guy.

Brandall
03-04-2015, 10:06 AM
you think all they do is sit at a desk and think of things to do?

I see a lot of clicking of ball point pens...and a LOT of cigarette breaks and conversations about the sox and having to paak tha caa at haavard yaad

Luckyjack1983
03-04-2015, 10:08 AM
I see a lot of clicking of ball point pens...and a LOT of cigarette breaks and conversations about the sox and having to paak tha caa at haavard yaad

We prefer pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd

Brandall
03-04-2015, 10:09 AM
We prefer pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd

my apologies for misspelling your terrible regional dialect ^^

Luckyjack1983
03-04-2015, 10:10 AM
my apologies for misspelling your terrible regional dialect ^^

Hahaha, I don't talk like that, my part of New Hampshire speaks somewhat normally.

tinnertaz
03-04-2015, 10:15 AM
ah well, why do i bother. someone THAT perfect surely cannot relate to ordinary people who do make mistakes.[/QUOTE]

it is not that they make mistakes, but the number of them.

Ashlayna
03-04-2015, 10:21 AM
ah well, why do i bother. someone THAT perfect surely cannot relate to ordinary people who do make mistakes.

it is not that they make mistakes, but the number of them.

I could take this more seriously, if you hadn't borked up the quoting complaining about people making mistakes.

dunklezhan
03-04-2015, 10:23 AM

If I could provide more than a +1 for this comment I would. Sheesh. 'You have a simple job - please do it correctly. or don't do it at all.'. 'You mean out of his way like doing his job?'.

My god. Its like Entitlement met Unobservant and had a love child with @sshat.

Nestroy
03-04-2015, 10:29 AM
I smell an extension comming.

Skragar
03-04-2015, 10:34 AM
I smell an extension comming.

My withdrawals don't like your attitude lol

Cleanincubus
03-04-2015, 10:37 AM
( That Awkward moment when you get in the van and realize there's no candy)

Happened to me once. :( Luckily there really was a puppy in there though. :)

depositbox
03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Yeah, communication is his job. Despite the often snarky, impolite, targeted nature of comments on the forums he continues to do that job with a measure of equanimity. I would not, were I in his position..

Yes, forums are hard yo

fangblackhawk
03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
so, i know with my crazy schedule with the new job last week or two hasnt helped me get that stinkin lvl 16 cloak i've had mats for since mabar was shut down early (10k motes and 30 some odd scales) and was on my way to the trader to make the cloak (never mind that last upgrade on my wand) when every one was suddenly slammed in to house j, but this is the third down time in a festival that has made it even harder to get the stinkin motes never mind the broken global anoucment.... any chance of extending this festival a bit please???

sago
03-04-2015, 10:46 AM
I could take this more seriously, if you hadn't borked up the quoting complaining about people making mistakes.

I thought this was really funny...

apacheizm23
03-04-2015, 10:52 AM

What a J..O..

moriedhel
03-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Mistakes were made, that's cool, things happen, hope you guys have a nice way to make amends planned though like some super duper weekend bonuses or a free xp pot or something =p

Cleanincubus
03-04-2015, 11:00 AM
so, i know with my crazy schedule with the new job last week or two hasnt helped me get that stinkin lvl 16 cloak i've had mats for since mabar was shut down early (10k motes and 30 some odd scales) and was on my way to the trader to make the cloak (never mind that last upgrade on my wand) when every one was suddenly slammed in to house j, but this is the third down time in a festival that has made it even harder to get the stinkin motes never mind the broken global anoucment.... any chance of extending this festival a bit please???
I have even worse news for you... The Mabar collectables and motes have nothing to do with the Mimic Festival. You need to collect motes from the Mimics, turn them into cards via the vendor in the hall of Heroes, and hope you get a VI and a VIII card to make the level 16 cloak. For the wand, it's even worse. You need either a I or a II card (depending on the wand), and then need a IX card, which has proven to be unbelievably rare in this event. Best bet is to save your Mabar materials, and hope that whatever event truly replaces the Mabar event actually uses those materials.

Nestroy
03-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Extension here in 3... 2... 1...

Luckyjack1983
03-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Best bet is to save your Mabar materials, and hope that whatever event truly replaces the Mabar event actually uses those materials.

I'm sorry, replaces Mabar? Did I miss something?

caberonia
03-04-2015, 11:03 AM

LOTRO twitter already announced an extension with no ETA so um.. ya.
Basically they broke the servers and don't know when they will be back up. Nice way to spend my only day off this week. (well sorta day off.. got off at 6 am and got home to find servers down)

Really starting to think i'm not getting my monies worth anymore.(since there has been downtimes on 50% of my play time in the last 2 weeks)

Maybe the downtime is just a cover for some big burly guys coming in to repossess the servers to auction off at the bankruptcy proceedings.

kauetomaz
03-04-2015, 11:04 AM

queue in for the inevitable "forgot to announce extension" as well, what a day

firstprotector
03-04-2015, 11:05 AM
12 noon and nothing. extension maybe?

Vellrad
are we there yet?

TitusOvid
They announced a 7 hour maintenance ... nothing more. maybe 1 or 2 extra hours just to be sure.

firstprotector
03-04-2015, 11:06 AM
facebook says extension, why id ddo forum last to be updated

Robocrash
03-04-2015, 11:07 AM
They announced that the downtime is extended on twitter.

Luckyjack1983
03-04-2015, 11:07 AM
I would just like to say, I love DDO, it is the only game my wife and I get to play together. However, I work 80 hours a week and Wednesday is my only day off. It would be much appreciated if these updates could be moved to a different day, this is at least the second time this month. Thank you for everything you guys do.

MisterCanoeHead
03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cordovan's only job to post on the forums in the role of community manager?

Can he really be this bad at doing that?

How about an update?

Noctunicus
03-04-2015, 11:10 AM
My kids got big since the last downtime!

TitusOvid
03-04-2015, 11:11 AM
What is Twitter?

Nestroy
03-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cordovan's only job to post on the forums in the role of community manager?

How about an update?

Not sure this is his sole job, actually. It´s his job we know about. Maybe he is a working with a second hat on, e.g. network engineer. Maybe he is directly where the source of our outtimes si to be found and cannot tweet fromt here...

Blooddagger25
03-04-2015, 11:12 AM

How about an update?

Good idea, **** im off

fangblackhawk
03-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I have even worse news for you... The Mabar collectables and motes have nothing to do with the Mimic Festival. You need to collect motes from the Mimics, turn them into cards via the vendor in the hall of Heroes, and hope you get a VI and a VIII card to make the level 16 cloak. For the wand, it's even worse. You need either a I or a II card (depending on the wand), and then need a IX card, which has proven to be unbelievably rare in this event. Best bet is to save your Mabar materials, and hope that whatever event truly replaces the Mabar event actually uses those materials.

thank you though i am aware of the difference between lost motes and motes of night, i have made made the lvl 8 version from mimic cards YAY, and on the wand being even worse yes, until i have confermation that i will get a caster level 11 eternal wand of nimbus of light (mine is caster lvl 9 still nice but) i would never use a ten card for it... and yes i have been saving those mabar mats.. it is fun to link 20 spectral dragon scales when they link other dragon scales :) .... was more of a mabar borked us, and now a third down time in the new way to get those awsome mabar items? lol

caberonia
03-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I would just like to say, I love DDO, it is the only game my wife and I get to play together. However, I work 80 hours a week and Wednesday is my only day off. It would be much appreciated if these updates could be moved to a different day, this is at least the second time this month. Thank you for everything you guys do.
yes it was just last wednesday.. i'm in the same boat.. it's pretty annoying that they keep doing downtimes on the same days at the same times week after week. Preventing the same people from playing.. then go out of their way so the weekend warriors can play...(making another early morning down time for those of us with jobs that work nights/weekends get screwed just to fix something before the weekend)

zorander6
03-04-2015, 11:15 AM

How about an update?

You are kidding right? Monitoring and managing the forums is not as easy as it sounds and he does have other duties assigned. Not only does he have to post notifications, he also has to monitor all of the threads and posts that are made to make sure they meet community guidelines (which some posts drag the edge.) I'm sure he also has other jobs and roles not to mention the weekly posts for sales/merchandise/twitter posts/facebook posts/etc. Let's also keep in mind that most likely he has other job duties we know nothing about.

bvalentin
03-04-2015, 11:17 AM
And the servers are still down

squirel73x2
03-04-2015, 11:18 AM

kk what the hell its 12:20 est and their still down can we say getting turbined again

Grandern_Marn
03-04-2015, 11:19 AM

How about an update?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cordo does all of the SNS posts as community manager. That means he can only do them one at a time. He's at work so other work stuff comes up too, if there is an extension notice on the facebook and twitter accounts I'm sure the message is applicable for forum readers as well.

Faltout
03-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Yes.
In a nutshell, the Mimic Hunt was initially the event made to hold the Mabar loot and replace the Mabar event after the cancellation of Mabar last year. But, listening to the player base, the devs realized that people wanted a more seasonal event to replace Mabar (and maybe an event more close to Mabar mechanics) so they stated that they will be looking into a new seasonal event to replace Mabar.

Aelonwy
03-04-2015, 11:23 AM
kk what the hell its 12:20 est and their still down can we say getting turbined again

Seems like downtime has been extended would be nice if someone at Turbine would give us an update. 7hrs un-extended is a loooong downtime, what is going on guys?

Drwaz99
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
From twitter:

DDO Unlimited ?@DDOUnlimited 24 minutes ago:
We are working quickly to reopen the DDO game worlds, but do need to extend our downtime. We will keep you updated! #DDO

Cleanincubus
03-04-2015, 11:27 AM

Mabar was too buggy and laggy, so they got rid of it. After the community stated they'd like it back, they are looking into possibly bringing back another event in its place, or even bringing Mabar back in a changed state. Before the community spoke up in masses, the Mimic event was going to be the Mabar replacement event.

zorander6
03-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Seems like downtime has been extended would be nice if someone at Turbine would give us an update. 7hrs un-extended is a loooong downtime, what is going on guys?

The diabetic hamster went into insulin shock and they are desperately trying to revive him. They called an ambulance but it's still stuck in a snow bank so they are working with the "Doctors" from Grey's Anatomy. If they can't figure it out they will give House a call but since he uses a cane it will be 3-4 days before he can get there with some acerbic comments.

Cleanincubus

Via the Livestream, that is going on right now, they are having issues with their internal computers connecting, so some kind of networking issue going on. They are still working on it.

Edit: Internal routing issue. No ETA, at this time.

ImanCarrot
I'm thinking they should re- name the game.

Dungeons and Downtime Online,

Dungeons and Dragons Offline,

Dead as a Dodo Online,

Tscheuss
03-04-2015, 11:30 AM
*hands Tscheuss her selection of nail polish, sits back and waits for results*Nails are done. Now to bake some chocolate chip cookies just in case he wakes up cranky. :D

Things to do while servers are down. #turbinemademedoit

Puddinhead
03-04-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm a system engineer and am no stranger to outages and maintenance windows. My team holds weekly change control meetings in which all planned outages are discussed from the actual work all the way down to user communications to avoid any confusion. I also have SLAs to live up to. If I don't meet my SLAs I'm dinged. Enough dings, I'm fired.

I feel DDO has room to improve here. We send out notices saying a system is down and we send updates on the hour at the very minimum. It's half an hour past the 7 hour outage without an update. The initial notice was sent late. This isn't a matter of giving a guy, or a team a break. It's poor performance that will eventually lead customers elsewhere.

The events seem to coincide with outages, stop the events until they can be controlled. Like many others I agree that removing the events is preferred to the downtime. I personally find them novel at times, but for the most part not worth the effort. Focus your efforts on performance and new, actual content, not temporary distractions with little reward and increased issues that lead to loss of game play.

Braugh
03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

Totally agree.

UurlockYgmeov
03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

The Kobold Konsortium claims credit for this fail. Kobold used mimic to spike Cordovan's bedtime drink with micky and stole his pants!

took magical paintings of the scene with Cordovan curled up next to a peeled banana!

TitusOvid
03-04-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm thinking they should re- name the game.

Dungeons and Downtime Online,

Dungeons and Dragons Offline,

Dead as a Dodo Online,

I vote for 2nd.

AciTraTNa
03-04-2015, 11:39 AM

Many of those who play this game are considered VIP's. It seems that they are paying for a service and not getting what they pay for. When my cable company has issues they will issue credits to those who were inconvenienced. DDO could do this in the form of store points .

TitusOvid
03-04-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm a system engineer and am no stranger to outages and maintenance windows. My team holds weekly change control meetings in which all planned outages are discussed from the actual work all the way down to user communications to avoid any confusion. I also have SLAs to live up to. If I don't meet my SLAs I'm dinged. Enough dings, I'm fired.

I feel DDO has room to improve here. We send out notices saying a system is down and we send updates on the hour at the very minimum. It's half an hour past the 7 hour outage without an update. The initial notice was sent late. This isn't a matter of giving a guy, or a team a break. It's poor performance that will eventually lead customers elsewhere.

The events seem to coincide with outages, stop the events until they can be controlled. Like many others I agree that removing the events is preferred to the downtime. I personally find them novel at times, but for the most part not worth the effort. Focus your efforts on performance and new, actual content, not temporary distractions with little reward and increased issues that lead to loss of game play.

This is just the way it is. It won't get better. Get used to it now before you spend the big bucks.

Zargonia
03-04-2015, 11:42 AM

I'm in complete agreement with this. Lack of new content combined with multiple down times per week is making me consider a new outlet for my unnecessary video game habit. If it weren't for the nostalgic appeal of D&D, I'd have left the game already. I'd much rather the developers stick to fewer, better planned updates and only one or two events per year -- and even those are better cancelled than rushed!

Amodaios
03-04-2015, 11:44 AM
thank you though i am aware of the difference between lost motes and motes of night, i have made made the lvl 8 version from mimic cards YAY, and on the wand being even worse yes, until i have confermation that i will get a caster level 11 eternal wand of nimbus of light (mine is caster lvl 9 still nice but) i would never use a ten card for it... and yes i have been saving those mabar mats.. it is fun to link 20 spectral dragon scales when they link other dragon scales :) .... was more of a mabar borked us, and now a third down time in the new way to get those awsome mabar items? lol
wait sorry awesome mabar items? are you sure you mean awesome or just mediocre because to be honest the cloak and the augments may be the only things worth getting. Sure you got the crazy pet nuts who well get the mimic pet but other then that blah. They take away the mabar festival witch was the good part then give us a crappy festival with recycled **** gear. I get the way that mabar and crystal cove are done causes lag and i'm happy they are doing something to make the events less laggy but in the process they make the events well very lack luster and with no updated rewards. If we are going to have to deal with lame events to save us from the lag god then the farming we have to do from those events had better bring some nice rewards. As to the downtime well i'm not complaining to be honest we not a lot more downtime on more regular biases. If you run a car everyday and dont bother to check the fluids or get it into a shop for maintence once every 3 months eventually you got some scrap metal in your drive. If we had downtime once a week once every other week at least then perhaps a lot less adventurers would have to be sacrificed to the lag god

Thordicain
03-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Seems they are replacing some Server distribution cables. They tried to do this in early Feb and ran over time by a bunch. Server Maint is a PITA no matter who does it.

Saekee
03-04-2015, 11:46 AM
This thread's views are reaching the +5 tome-one per account-complaint thread. That is saying something.

dunklezhan
03-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Seems they are replacing some Server distribution cables. They tried to do this in early Feb and ran over time by a bunch. Server Maint is a PITA no matter who does it.

It ain't the hardware, man (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85p7JZXNy8)

(ok, I have no idea whatsoever if it is or isn't the hardware. You just reminded me about that song :) )

Deezzy
03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
So first they dont give much time notice of downtime, He tries to throw a heartless sorry in for not giving an advance notice, but a few hours later he cant even give an update to as why the servers is almost an hour late!! Just Shows his lil apology he tried to give us is WORTHLESS!!!

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Many of those who play this game are considered VIP's. It seems that they are paying for a service and not getting what they pay for. When my cable company has issues they will issue credits to those who were inconvenienced. DDO could do this in the form of store points .

The least they could do is provide an update that tells us how much longer they expect the outage to last

TitusOvid
03-04-2015, 11:52 AM
This thread's views are reaching the +5 tome-one per account-complaint thread. That is saying something.

What do you expect? 50 Min overtime and no message on the MAIN FORUM of the game.

Question for Corcovan:
Is it WAI that I have to monitor this forum and 2 social media platforms to puzzle together decent informations for a maintenance? Seriously?

Powskier
03-04-2015, 11:53 AM
You are kidding right? Monitoring and managing the forums is not as easy as it sounds and he does have other duties assigned. Not only does he have to post notifications, he also has to monitor all of the threads and posts that are made to make sure they meet community guidelines (which some posts drag the edge.) I'm sure he also has other jobs and roles not to mention the weekly posts for sales/merchandise/twitter posts/facebook posts/etc. Let's also keep in mind that most likely he has other job duties we know nothing about.
ya ,i agree. I'd blame community for Cordo' miss...Stop angry intimidation tactics and Endless smack talk. If I helped run a game that had players Storming the Gates w Burning Torches in the forums, during our anniversary;i'd pull the plug and say ''woops'' too. All the complainers are just adding more arse boils, the more they play anyway- jaded players need to take a break and walk around the block or something.

Amodaios
03-04-2015, 11:53 AM

DDO give away anything, are you mad? that well never happen. I mean sure it wouldn't kill them to hand out some spirit cakes when a party wipes due to lag but hey DDO doesn't have lag right? In the end we are paying like 10 bucks a month for a mmorpg and getting 500 turbine points for it, yes you could just go out and buy all the adventure packs but that would be about the same as 3 years worth of vip and you'd be missing out on the VIP bonus xp on everything, the daily dice rolls and turbine points. out of any mmorpg i have played it's probly the best bang for your buck. it's why ppl can quit this game and always end up coming back. I have played many mmorpg's and when i quit one i never go back except with this. So you use the term "fair" I'd say you get what you pay for and it's a decent deal. If you want more go out there and look see how much 10 bucks a month well get you on any other mmorpg made in the last 5 years because it ain't much

Luckyjack1983
03-04-2015, 11:54 AM
ya ,i agree. I'd blame community for Cordo' miss...Stop angry intimidation tactics and Endless smack talk. If I helped run a game that had players Storming the Gates w Burning Torches in the forums, during our anniversary;i'd pull the plug and say ''woops'' too. All the complainers are just adding more arse boils, the more they play anyway- jaded players need to take a break and walk around the block or something.

Is it ok if I just look around the block? I live in the frozen tundra of New England...

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 11:58 AM
DDO give away anything, are you mad? that well never happen. I mean sure it wouldn't kill them to hand out some spirit cakes when a party wipes due to lag but hey DDO doesn't have lag right? In the end we are paying like 10 bucks a month for a mmorpg and getting 500 turbine points for it, yes you could just go out and buy all the adventure packs but that would be about the same as 3 years worth of vip and you'd be missing out on the VIP bonus xp on everything, the daily dice rolls and turbine points. out of any mmorpg i have played it's probly the best bang for your buck. it's why ppl can quit this game and always end up coming back. I have played many mmorpg's and when i quit one i never go back except with this. So you use the term "fair" I'd say you get what you pay for and it's a decent deal. If you want more go out there and look see how much 10 bucks a month well get you on any other mmorpg made in the last 5 years because it ain't much

This is pretty much true. However, I'd still like them to provide an update with an estimate of when they think they will have the game up since they have gone over the scheduled outage.

Aelonwy
03-04-2015, 11:58 AM
The Kobold Konsortium claims credit for this fail. Kobold used mimic to spike Cordovan's bedtime drink with micky and stole his pants!

took magical paintings of the scene with Cordovan curled up next to a peeled banana!

That's just wrong. Dirty, dirty kobolds.

AciTraTNa
03-04-2015, 12:00 PM

You're missing my point. People are paying for a service that they are not getting. It doesn't matter what happens to other MMORPG's. DDO decides what is a fair price to them to offer the service. That means they have a legal obligation to hold up their end of the deal.

squirel73x2
03-04-2015, 12:01 PM
This is pretty much true. However, I'd still like them to provide an update with an estimate of when they think they will have the game up since they have gone over the scheduled outage.

they cant say when because they don't how to fix what they just broke

Braugh

When we finally throw our collective hands up and decide to do some thing personally constructive, the game will come back up....

General_Gronker
ya ,i agree. I'd blame community for Cordo' miss...

You'd be wrong on both things then.

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 12:03 PM
You're missing my point. People are paying for a service that they are not getting. It doesn't matter what happens to other MMORPG's. DDO decides what is a fair price to them to offer the service. That means they have a legal obligation to hold up their end of the deal.

Maybe so, but I doubt you would get far in court, my guess is that this is also covered in the TOS agreement if you care to read it word for word.

Mad_Muldar
03-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Current promotion:

15 months of VIP for the price of 12!

For a Limited Time
Receive 3 FREE months of DDO VIP when you sign up for
a 12 month recurring plan!

The fine print: Over the course of 15 months DDO will be available 12 months.

Luckyjack1983
03-04-2015, 12:04 PM
When we finally throw our collective hands up and decide to do some thing personally constructive, the game will come back up....

Ok, I am going to (looks around) work on my boat...(looks around again) I will be back at 4...(hides behind chair) ...............

darn

donblas
03-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Over an hour late and no update from DDO?

Long lunch? or very busy?

cyreme

This is what happened. Kobolds got into a fight with hamsters over a piece of mimic bait they pilfered from DDO store. This caused server connection cables to overload and ooze with green goo. They had to call in hazmat team. Once they finish cleaning up, the worlds will reopen. Simple.

squirel73x2
Dungeons & Dragons Online

1 hr ·

We are working quickly to reopen the DDO game worlds, but do need to extend our downtime. We will keep you updated! ?#?DDO

that's whats on their facebook page well im still waiting to be updated give us a dam time frame

zorander6
03-04-2015, 12:06 PM

And you are paying 2 cents American per hour for this service on average if you pay the 15$ per month fee. So far you are out.....16 cents American. Usually if they have an extended downtime in the past they have done bonus xp weekends/bonus loot weekends/and occasionally extended festivals. If they are having internal network issues however that would explain why Cordo is not posting. While you're waiting please take a deep breath and realize that sometimes in networking weird !#@$@!%! happens.

As Robert Burns so well put it "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley" (1785)

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Current promotion:

15 months of VIP for the price of 12!

For a Limited Time
Receive 3 FREE months of DDO VIP when you sign up for
a 12 month recurring plan!

The fine print: Over the course of 15 months DDO will be available 12 months.

best post in thread

taznick
03-04-2015, 12:08 PM
I would like Turbine to understand that I am not a FB poster nor am I a bird( I don't Tweet! ) . I would really like information about Downtimes to possibly be posted in the DDO Forums before any other places.
I don't need TP or extra fluff , I feel that if I want information on the game I come to ..well... you know ..the official cite maybe.
Being late in the 1st place., it happens...but going so long without any info leaves me a bit disgruntled.
Like I said while I am a paying customer I don't need compensation for this downtime, just a bit of info. Make me feel like you care. :P

LadySorrows

You sir are a jerk, quit trolling, if we needed to know more we would. Anything more that is said would probably bring more complaints and finger pointing, Be happy they are trying to fix the game. Comments like yours are not helpful to the community or the DDO Staff.

Starla70
Cordovan just said on the twitch stream he can not log in at the moment. They are doing internal work on IT stuff. Hopefully it will all be up soon.

drwho1985
03-04-2015, 12:10 PM
I swear, if the servers are not up at 1:30pm EST, I will...WILL.....check back at 2pm.

drwho1985
03-04-2015, 12:11 PM
You sir are a jerk, quit trolling, if we needed to know more we would. Anything more that is said would probably bring more complaints and finger pointing, Be happy they are trying to fix the game. Comments like yours are not helpful to the community or the DDO Staff.

+1

UurlockYgmeov

This is what happened. Kobolds got into a fight with hamsters over a piece of mimic bait they pilfered from DDO store. This caused server connection cables to overload and ooze with green goo. They had to call in hazmat team. Once they finish cleaning up, the worlds will reopen. Simple.

Kobold approve of this. Kobold also spiked IT Department tea with myconid spores - if you only could smell the colors they are hearing!

In all seriousness - Cordovan (and all Turbine) is not able to log into the website - which is part of the issue. Chill out.

Bimbelbo
Dungeons & Dragons Online

1 hr ·

We are working quickly to reopen the DDO game worlds, but do need to extend our downtime. We will keep you updated! ?#?DDO

that's whats on their facebook page well im still waiting to be updated give us a dam time frame

Lol. DDO talk translation: They will post an announcement that the game worlds have opened 5 minutes after the game worlds have opened.

Always was this way always will be. So we're still sitting here not knowing if the downtime will take another 5 minutes or 5 hours.

That's how much they care ...

Mad_Muldar
best post in thread

Thanks ... it all but wrote itself :)

legendkilleroll
03-04-2015, 12:12 PM
From the livestream, cordovan is having trouble logging into the forums so thats why nothing has been posted

PNP
03-04-2015, 12:13 PM
I would like Turbine to understand that I am not a FB poster nor am I a bird( I don't Tweet! ) . I would really like information about Downtimes to possibly be posted in the DDO Forums before any other places.
I don't need TP or extra fluff , I feel that if I want information on the game I come to ..well... you know ..the official cite maybe.
Being late in the 1st place., it happens...but going so long without any info leaves me a bit disgruntled.
Like I said while I am a paying customer I don't need compensation for this downtime, just a bit of info. Make me feel like you care. :P

Totally agree on the communication - I hate facebook and only connect to facebook because that is the only way to get news about what is going on with DDO....

No comment on compensation, I just hate facebook and anything social - I know, why the hell am I doing playing mmorpg? no comment either

Wh070aa
03-04-2015, 12:13 PM

Twitter had no announcement for loong time.

gamblorjb
03-04-2015, 12:14 PM
yes it was just last wednesday.. i'm in the same boat.. it's pretty annoying that they keep doing downtimes on the same days at the same times week after week. Preventing the same people from playing.. then go out of their way so the weekend warriors can play...(making another early morning down time for those of us with jobs that work nights/weekends get screwed just to fix something before the weekend)

This is actually 3rd Wednesday in a row (also a Monday and Friday in that span). Wednesdays suck for me as well, it is the day of the week that kids are in school, wife is at work and i'm at home. I have 6 uninterrupted hours of DDO madness but now.... :(

They should do all their maintenance on Sunday morning, cuz everyone would be in church then anyways. Right?? Everyone still goes religiously. Right??

mudfud
03-04-2015, 12:15 PM

There is absolutely no reason for you to apologize. If you try and log in to the game it either works or it doesn't simple as that. You do us a favor by announcing why, but in no way are you required to do so.

cyreme
03-04-2015, 12:15 PM
From the livestream, cordovan is having trouble logging into the forums so thats why nothing has been posted

I could be wrong, but isn't twitter and facebook still available to him? ;)

legendkilleroll
03-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Twitter had no announcement for loong time.

Wong, tweeted out 1min before the maintanence was supposed to end saying would be extended

fangblackhawk
wait sorry awesome mabar items? are you sure you mean awesome or just mediocre because to be honest the cloak and the augments may be the only things worth getting. Sure you got the crazy pet nuts who well get the mimic pet but other then that blah. They take away the mabar festival witch was the good part then give us a crappy festival with recycled **** gear. I get the way that mabar and crystal cove are done causes lag and i'm happy they are doing something to make the events less laggy but in the process they make the events well very lack luster and with no updated rewards. If we are going to have to deal with lame events to save us from the lag god then the farming we have to do from those events had better bring some nice rewards. As to the downtime well i'm not complaining to be honest we not a lot more downtime on more regular biases. If you run a car everyday and dont bother to check the fluids or get it into a shop for maintence once every 3 months eventually you got some scrap metal in your drive. If we had downtime once a week once every other week at least then perhaps a lot less adventurers would have to be sacrificed to the lag god

the only awsome item would add is the caster lvl 11 wands for early undead mobs like undead jacoby or miserys peak... even maybe as far the catacombs, wiz past life helps there some i suppose lol.... but i swear by the lvl 24 cloak only maybe switch it out for a jewled one with a deathblock aug, i like having options on where my incorpral miss chance goes mainly (till iget that heal amp cloak from rems any way) and ya i pretty much agree with every thing else you said though :) but the 3rd "unanounced" down time in this over a year later way to finaly get the **** i want is kinda just redonkulouse. if i had know yesterday i would of stayed on way later last night instead of planning on running this morning b4 i go to work at 5 est and not the only one stateing about that much in this thread so far either....

OrodelaSol
So their unannounced maintenance is running over schedule...what's the big deal? It's not like they are being paid to do this work right? How about limiting the number of f2p toons that can be logged in and force some of them to come up with $6.67 a month to be VIP? For less money than feeding a starving child...just a thought

the_scientist
And you are paying 2 cents American per hour for this service on average if you pay the 15$ per month fee. So far you are out.....16 cents American. Usually if they have an extended downtime in the past they have done bonus xp weekends/bonus loot weekends/and occasionally extended festivals. If they are having internal network issues however that would explain why Cordo is not posting. While you're waiting please take a deep breath and realize that sometimes in networking weird !#@$@!%! happens.

As Robert Burns so well put it "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley" (1785)

To be fair, some people are not able to play at any time during the month. One major problem is that down times are almost always AM Eastern time. If you were someone who found that time frame as your primary playing opportunity, the regular outages during that time period would get old very fast. Let's say that someone would normally spend 40 hours a month playing and that 25-30 of those hours were between 8 and 12 AM eastern time Monday through Friday. Then the servers are down regularly during the hours you have to play and you really can't get much done between 8-9 knowing that the servers are going down shortly after you log on. Some people could be losing anywhere from 10-30% of the time they have set aside to play during a given month.

Of course those are probably the times that the least number of people are on the server so they disrupt the fewest customers. But, think about how many people would be on here complaining if the servers were down between 6-9 PM Eastern time for 3 Saturdays in a row.

Shein
03-04-2015, 12:17 PM
There is absolutely no reason for you to apologize. If you try and log in to the game it either works or it doesn't simple as that. You do us a favor by announcing why, but in no way are you required to do so.

This post is going to get you kicked out of the angry mob, if you're lucky. Most likely they will just lynch you, so... can i be the first to say, "can i have all your stuff?"

Trilladen

nice thanks for letting us know once again that the server is not online after 12pm (-5 GMT) it just keeps getting better. this downtime really wants to have sorted it out but it wont and then there will a another fix to fix that fix the fixes the fix that you you never fixed in the first place :)

cyreme
So their unannounced maintenance is running over schedule...what's the big deal? It's not like they are being paid to do this work right? How about limiting the number of f2p toons that can be logged in and force some of them to come up with $6.67 a month to be VIP? For less money than feeding a starving child...just a thought

How about... no

FletchIAm
03-04-2015, 12:18 PM

I feel DDO has room to improve here. We send out notices saying a system is down and we send updates on the hour at the very minimum. It's half an hour past the 7 hour outage without an update. The initial notice was sent late. This isn't a matter of giving a guy, or a team a break. It's poor performance that will eventually lead customers elsewhere. .

Agree with this...

For my Sins I earn a living slaving away as a Senior PM for a Systems company in Health Care.... 24/7 - 365 we're up.... And we still manage to Push out updates...! It can be done... bit of serious infrastructure investment and careful planning is all it takes...

FWIW... I would berate Cordovans Boss for the lack of Comms... Bad Process equals Bad Management....

Shein
03-04-2015, 12:21 PM
I also have SLAs to live up to. If I don't meet my SLAs I'm dinged.

Wait, which spell like abilities do you have to live up to?

Cordovan
03-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Downtime has been extended. At this time there is no ETA. We apologize for the delay, and will keep you updated.

zorander6
03-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Maybe so, but I doubt you would get far in court, my guess is that this is also covered in the TOS agreement if you care to read it word for word.

Section 5 of the EULA:
" DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE GAME IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGMMENT AND AVAILABILITY. "

Section 9 of the EULA:
"Patches and Updates. Turbine may apply patches, updates and modifications (collectively, “Updates”) to the Game at any time, including Updates to the Game Client installed on your computer. Updates are not optional. You agree that Turbine may deploy and install updates remotely, with or without your knowledge, and you hereby provide your consent for Turbine to download and apply such Updates. "

mudfud
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
This post is going to get you kicked out of the angry mob, if you're lucky. Most likely they will just lynch you, so... can i be the first to say, "can i have all your stuff?"

LOL How so?
If you were on Sarlona I would gladly give you stuff and anyone else who asks.

Shein
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Downtime has been extended. At this time there is no ETA. We apologize for the delay, and will keep you updated.

Obligatory hate message at you sir for depriving me of my addiction. You are a bad bad person, and you should feel bad. I will keep you updated as my feelings on the subject change. But, most likely, i'll do it on facebook and twitter first so be sure to check there every 30 seconds or so.

twigzz
03-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Turbine does it again! /clap

cyreme

Thank u for keeping us in the loop. Time to do chores I suppose :). Never mind the rage sometimes we need to vent as you well know, just get the dang thing fixed. Any time u have an ETA let us know. Appreciate your entire team's efforts.

PNP

ouchy

URjustSOL
Seriously, 90 past the maint. window and no status update from DDO? This isn't what I'm paying for.

Shein

I think you need to go back and check your handbook on angry mob etiquette.

mlhammerdown
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM

Ahhh your ruining my day. I do not function well with change!

twigzz
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
LOL How so?

Give me stuffs!

UurlockYgmeov
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM

Kobold unplugged internet from server... Shhhhh!

skorpeon
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM

OK I will get my coat.

Kadrios
03-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Lol. DDO talk translation: They will post an announcement that the game worlds have opened 5 minutes after the game worlds have opened.

Personally I'd prefer they wait a few minutes after reopening the worlds to lets us know the worlds are open, rather than just before as at least that way the worlds should be more stable when everyone tries to log back in at the same time, rather than have everyone constantly reloading and re-logging into the launch client to checkif the world is live yet.

cyreme
03-04-2015, 12:29 PM

but, but, but it was shiny!

Powskier
03-04-2015, 12:30 PM

see how quick they turn on each other

OrodelaSol

OMG (that's G as in gosh...) Charge more, get better...everything! The same downtimes affect the same people. Try staggering them to spread the misery.

Holybird

Nope Uurlock. It was my Parrot. Sorry.

URjustSOL
Seriously, 90 past the maint. window and no status update from DDO? This isn't what I'm paying for.

I can reply, but not edit my previous post. Seriously, hire a webmaster.

Anyway, thanks for the status update that came in while I was typing my previous message. Guess I'll have to play Hearthstone this afternoon. :-(

Robbenklopper
03-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Alo developers, i´m bak turf an' waitin fe da world openin to play me wickedist game.
It´s alreay 90 minutes o'a tahhm 'n uz nails are bitte daahn already.

ChaoticSoul
03-04-2015, 12:32 PM
ok People, how about you stop complaining already. I understand we need our game addiction right now. I am a VIP player and I for one would rather play when fixed than half fixed and getting annoyed with quest not working properly, lag, and other problems. Just like in real life work. You can't leave a job unfinished. You stay to get it fixed and fixed right. So shut up and read a book or something. Hell play with your kids since some complained they out of school.

UurlockYgmeov
but, but, but it was shiny!

OOOOHHHH SHINEEEY!

Nope Uurlock. It was my Parrot. Sorry.

Bird made honorary member of Kobold Konsortium! Kobold ate cracker sorry

mons

No communication at all is not helpful to the community either or the game itself though I do agree about the personal attacks, however, maintenance is supposed to prevent the game from breaking and not break the game itself. This has been Turbines way of doing things for a long time, Im used to it and tbh expect it from them at this point. Everyone who complains has the right to do so.

acdccod
03-04-2015, 12:33 PM

Agree I am usually off on Weds and it seems like its been down a lot of Weds

General_Gronker
03-04-2015, 12:34 PM
UPDATE: Downtime has been extended. At this time there is no ETA. We apologize for the delay, and will keep you updated.
This just means we're going to get an XP bonus during the mimic hunt, right? Both Heroic and Epic? :D

Impaqt
03-04-2015, 12:34 PM

lol. well played sir.

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 12:35 PM

I knew it..somehow...I knew it was them!

Raunch
03-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Man, Luckliy for Turbine that internet porn didn't have to have service this morning as well or Id really have nothing to do before I walk me kids to school

the_scientist

Time to go aggro on the messenger

Ivid
You can do anything you want except mess with people's entertainment.

You can take my wife, dog, house, truck, job, life savings, insurance policies, health care, health, hair, liberty, freedom and then you can even take my last beer... but if you mess with my game time - there's gonna be a problem.

ZORACAN
03-04-2015, 12:38 PM

I totally agree, Please change it up.

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 12:39 PM
ok People, how about you stop complaining already. I understand we need our game addiction right now. I am a VIP player and I for one would rather play when fixed than half fixed and getting annoyed with quest not working properly, lag, and other problems. Just like in real life work. You can't leave a job unfinished. You stay to get it fixed and fixed right. So shut up and read a book or something. Hell play with your kids since some complained they out of school.

It's been stated previously that people are entitled to complain. As is such, the devs are entitled to keep the servers down as long as needed, as you said. It's been noted above and on FB that the terms and conditions of DDO state this. So, that being said, maybe you could do what I do...Grab a cup of joe, listen to some tunes, and laugh at all the people losing their minds over a game being down. It's really entertaining after a while. And some people are rather creative with their whining.

mudfud
03-04-2015, 12:39 PM
I think you need to go back and check your handbook on angry mob etiquette.

I love the labels. Because this is the way angry mobs have acted in the past we are forced to act that way also. :p
I lived through a time when woman were not allowed to vote, and yet they can now. With your logic woman would still not be allowed to vote.

Let me know though if you decide to move to Sarlona if you are in that dire need of stuff.

Lychias
03-04-2015, 12:40 PM
LOL How so?

I'm on Sarlona... :)

Godfeast
03-04-2015, 12:41 PM
All I know, is that if this contains a nerf to the mimic farming, which considering the horrid turn in chances from cards above 7, is already a pita to play, but also the only way to get Mabar gear, I'll be walking away from this game after just a couple months and under a hundred bucks spent (think about driving away the NEW PAYING customers - that should be a priority on the minds of people who obviously need the cash).

kmoustakas
03-04-2015, 12:43 PM
All is fine! Stop complaining

*shifty eyes*

Bimbelbo
Cordoban, do your bosses know that you know nothing and can give us no ETA? And do you report to them that this is making many paying customers angry? I mean everyone knows this, but they don't seem to be from the uber-smart sort, so you probably give them a heads up ...

Maybe you should tell them, so they finally introduce a new policy of forcing the team to give you ETAs so that you can inform the players on the status every freaking minute. Because you know that's what you are payed for. Because you know we don't get payed for waiting in front of your screens wasting time and then getting told 5 hours later that unfortunately the maint has taken longer, you are sorry but you have to end your shift now and see you tomorrow and the tech people are sorry but the game won't be up until tomorrow, you all wasted half a day of spare time FOR NOTHING.

You know this damn game is going down the drains and it is also due to YOU, the community managment, for this miserable, miserable customer relation policy!

Arikzael
All I know, is that if this contains a nerf to the mimic farming, which considering the horrid turn in chances from cards above 7, is already a pita to play, but also the only way to get Mabar gear, I'll be walking away from this game after just a couple months and under a hundred bucks spent (think about driving away the NEW PAYING customers - that should be a priority on the minds of people who obviously need the cash).

/wave

bluzx2
03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
I appreciate the actual info I get here. ty for keeping us in the loop

UurlockYgmeov
03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
I knew it..somehow...I knew it was them!

Kobold remembers the waterworks.

Shein
03-04-2015, 12:45 PM
I love the labels. Because this is the way angry mobs have acted in the past we are forced to act that way also. :p
I lived through a time when woman were not allowed to vote, and yet they can now. With your logic woman would still not be allowed to vote.

Your policy changes are in conflict with all the words in the title of your (dis)organization.

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Cordoban, do your bosses know that you know nothing and can give us no ETA? And do you report to them that this is making many paying customers angry? I mean everyone knows this, but they don't seem to be from the uber-smart sort, so you probably give them a heads up ...

Maybe you should tell them, so they finally introduce a new policy of forcing the team to give you ETAs so that you can inform the players on the status every freaking minute. Because you know that's what you are payed for. Because you know we don't get payed for waiting in front of your screens wasting time and then getting told 5 hours later that unfortunately the maint has taken longer, you are sorry but you have to end your shift now and see you tomorrow and the tech people are sorry but the game won't be up until tomorrow, you all wasted half a day of spare time FOR NOTHING.

You know this damn game is going down the drains and it is also due to YOU, the community managment, for this miserable, miserable customer relation policy!

ouch..brutal..personally it's better policy to NOT give an ETA...that way when the downtime goes past the ETA, people don't start whining...whoops...too late...

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 12:46 PM

Kobold hate you

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 12:47 PM

But..there were no survivors left to remember....

Impaqt
03-04-2015, 12:47 PM

http://makeameme.org/media/created/u-mad-bro-617dut.jpg

cyreme
03-04-2015, 12:48 PM

snutch knows how to crawl

Feal
03-04-2015, 12:49 PM

sad but true...

it seems you don't care about keeping the morale up of the players, if you want money i agree people don't have to be 100% satisfied, but to let them struggle till anger... it's a loss

alrite

I will be canceling my vip status as soon as they open the game back up

UurlockYgmeov
Kobold hate you
These aren't the parts you are looking for...

You sure about that? :D

exactly!

kauetomaz
03-04-2015, 12:50 PM

you used logic, prepare for the ban hammer

BritAKAsh0rtstuff
Its just a game for heavens sake! your gonna take them to court for extended downtime? you should go see a doctor and get your head checked. go get some exercise or something and let these people do there job.. THANK YOU TURBINE for the awesome game keep it going , and take as long as you need to fix it!

Bimbelbo
ouch..brutal..personally it's better policy to NOT give an ETA...that way when the downtime goes past the ETA, people don't start whining...whoops...too late...

Dude, you really think giving no eta at all? Then the game would be down for 8 hours no without ANY notice at all! People wouldn't know if it would last for 1 hour or 2 days!

Your answer shows that you are either immature or a total amateur on all business-related professionalism.

Nobody is getting mad if downtime extensions are properly announced.

The perfect and usual way to do it would be to make early announcments and then reopen the game 1 hour earlier. Won't happen with ******** though ... Not in my lifetime ...

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Ah yes...the one we left to tell the story....perhaps not the best idea...

Noctunicus
03-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Always have a back-up game. Pong here I come!

smugler
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM

smugler /claps

good job ddo

barecm
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM
This game cannot get out of its own way sometimes...

patang01
03-04-2015, 12:55 PM

My day off and another maintenance run where you guys can't stick to a basic time schedule.

Powskier
03-04-2015, 12:57 PM
that one room respawns endlessly

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Dude, you really think giving no eta at all? Then the game would be down for 8 hours no without ANY notice at all! People wouldn't know if it would last for 1 hour or 2 days!

Your answer shows that you are either immature or a total amateur on all business-related professionalism.

Nobody is getting mad if downtime extensions are properly announced.

The perfect and usual way to do it would be to make early announcments and then reopen the game 1 hour earlier. Won't happen with ******** though ... Not in my lifetime ...

I'll remain mature enough to not take personal shots at people...especially on the internet. But, really, is it that big of a deal. The servers will be back up soon enough. NO game is perfect. They do what they can. Maybe they can do more, but we're not devs. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. As people we excel at speculating, but we don't really know. Maybe a good time for us to find something productive to do. Or just keep reading forum posts and grinning all the while.

Xionanx
03-04-2015, 12:58 PM
I have to wonder what the players would do if they learned there was a freak fire in the server farm for DDO and not only were the servers down for a few days(weeks), but also all their character(S) were lost due to fire damage....

On another note.. Anyone know what they are doing that is taking so long? did the servers catch fire?:p

mudfud
03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Your policy changes are in conflict with all the words in the title of your (dis)organization.

An organization comes to mind. Black Panthers. But yet there was not one single panther in the group.

Again your logic is flawed. You are putting a label on a name, when a name is simply just a name.

Powskier
if paint gets spilled ,it has to be cleaned up..ddo is trying ,I imagine..keep it up,and dont let kids run in the mainframe aisles next time;)

Noctunicus
SKYNET (...or SKYNYET in Russia) has started to take control, and at DDO of all places! Dirk really did have a secret; he became sentient at 1701 and let loose the Beholders in the Harbor. It didn't take a Kalashtar to see this coming!

Kalem
03-04-2015, 01:00 PM
UPDATE: Downtime has been extended. At this time there is no ETA. We apologize for the delay, and will keep you updated.

well its 1400 and no game yet hhhmmm

rivalteam
03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Amazing service .... this is first time I have commented on forums .. been playing 6 plus years .. my weekends are Tuesday and Wednesday .. So thank you Turbine for ruining another Sunday for me ... what is this 4 times in the past 6 weeks?? Tighten up Turbine!

drwho1985
03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
/tinfoil_hat_on

Server merge. It will be announced that XYZ world has been lost. Your characters are now at ABC world. There will be great rejoicing and gnashing of teeth

/tinfoil_hat_off

WhiiteWolf
03-04-2015, 01:02 PM

So you Just started playing DDO and spent real money and you complain about a possible nurf to coming on and "FARMING. of ALL THINGS MIMICS "

Funny, I spent real money on DDO as well, never regretted it and still don't , but the last thing I do when I come on at any time, is Look for short cuts, bugs, and or ways to dupe items, I come on to have fun and do quests with the people I met, and be with friends, Old & New..

As for the downtimes due to fixes and/or maintenance I think the ones that are complaining about it the most are the ones that can come on and do anything solo anyways, not like they need the gear, just want to feed their Ego I guess.

You can be Damm sure though that if there was a bug that enabled them to get better loot people would keep it hush, hush as much as possible , instead of showing the respect to the Devs and reporting it. Not unlike the respect we think we are entitled to because downtimes DON'T Rotate on maintenance.

I'm not and I.T. tech but I say if there is anyone on here that is complaining and trying to tell someone else how to do their Job, and somehow they can do it better then by all means I say , " GO FOR IT !!!! "

If you can't then do the same as me and many others regardless of server downtime differences, " Deal With It !!!! "

Cheers , And hope everyone gets their fix soon.

Respectfully, W.W.

Powskier
03-04-2015, 01:02 PM
An organization comes to mind. Black Panthers. But yet there was not one single panther in the group.

Again your logic is flawed. You are putting a label on a name, when a name is simply just a name.
just be angry,as the name implies..it sounds silly to keep saying you are some peacefull greenpeace save the whales bunch-did someone drop ya on your head?- oh , wait ,srry it is impossible to drop a person on their own head.

Raunch
03-04-2015, 01:03 PM
I was totally wrong there, school kids are totally not the meanest people alive. This stuff is more messed up then picking cchicks in the Minecraft chat room

zwiebelring
03-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Its just a game for heavens sake! your gonna take them to court for extended downtime? you should go see a doctor and get your head checked. go get some exercise or something and let these people do there job.. THANK YOU TURBINE for the awesome game keep it going , and take as long as you need to fix it!

This, but without the angry face ;P. But well, the missing announcement is just so Turbine. Don't take it personal Cordovan, through all the nerdrage we love you and appreciate the work you and the team are doing for keeping us addi.... happy.

Shein
03-04-2015, 01:05 PM
You are putting a label on a name, when a name is simply just a name.

From this point forward, your name is Fred.

Arikzael
So you Just started playing DDO and spent real money and you complain about a possible nurf to coming on and "FARMING. of ALL THINGS MIMICS "

Funny, I spent real money on DDO as well, never regretted it and still don't , but the last thing I do when I come on at any time, is Look for short cuts, bugs, and or ways to dupe items, I come on to have fun and do quests with the people I met, and be with friends, Old & New..

As for the downtimes due to fixes and/or maintenance I think the ones that are complaining about it the most are the ones that can come on and do anything solo anyways, not like they need the gear, just want to feed their Ego I guess.

You can be Damm sure though that if there was a bug that enabled them to get better loot people would keep it hush, hush as much as possible , instead of showing the respect to the Devs and reporting it. Not unlike the respect we think we are entitled to because downtimes DON'T Rotate on maintenance.

I'm not and I.T. tech but I say if there is anyone on here that is complaining and trying to tell someone else how to do their Job, and somehow they can do it better then by all means I say , " GO FOR IT !!!! "

If you can't then do the same as me and many others regardless of server downtime differences, " Deal With It !!!! "

Cheers , And hope everyone gets their fix soon.

Respectfully, W.W.

Well stated.

Psiandron
You know, this isn't just about DDO, all Turbine's games are offline currently!Could someone who lives in Boston drive by the Turbine offices and see if there are a bunch of teary-eyed people holding little pink slips of paper standing out front while a lot of office furniture and computer equipment is being loaded into trucks?

Brandall
My day off and another maintenance run where you guys can't stick to a basic time schedule.

They would have needed to announce the downtime to begin with to have even started a timetable with which to stick to.

Its not as if its a 3 hour maintenance, it was 7 hours to start....unannounced and 2+ hours beyond that.

Not to fuel the rage but this is ridiculous.

psykopeta

always amazed me, in a bad manner (and that's why in my company we don't work with such people) how can exist people who don't care bout how they are doing their jobs, it's like they don't know what does quality mean and, they don't care being fired or if their company loses theircustomers

because if there's something that sure makes you lose money and customers is treating them as they shouldn't

ofc, that's my theory, there's supposed to be people who leave the game because some changes made in the product that they don't like (personally i've never met one of them, ever, always leave cause bad customer service XD)

Leaveblank
03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Another Epic Fail ... lol ... and folks thanking Turbine for it ... got to love it

relenttless
03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I'll remain mature enough to not take personal shots at people...especially on the internet. But, really, is it that big of a deal. The servers will be back up soon enough. NO game is perfect. They do what they can. Maybe they can do more, but we're not devs. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. As people we excel at speculating, but we don't really know. Maybe a good time for us to find something productive to do. Or just keep reading forum posts and grinning all the while.

Of course games go down, of course maintenance needs to be done, nobody denies that.
It's the car crash of turbines customer relations that everyone is getting annoyed about.
1: forget to announce downtime. (really?)
2: fail to provide anything but automated update (singular).
3: provide 2nd update on extended downtime an hour into said downtime.
I mean.......Cordo, you get paid (by us) to do this. ....it doesn't look great, does it?

mudfud
03-04-2015, 01:07 PM

Only if you can be Bob. If so we have a deal. :)

moomooprincess
03-04-2015, 01:09 PM
well its 1400 and no game yet hhhmmm

Frelorn on LoTRO updated his thread

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?565223-Scheduled-Server-Downtime-5-00-AM-12-00-PM-Eastern-(-5-GMT)-Wednesday-March-4th

Meanwhile, yesterday was international pancake day, and it looks like Turbine Employees like pancakes, butter, and Ketchup?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/11045307_10152800741685674_786363351170213442_o.jp g

UurlockYgmeov
03-04-2015, 01:09 PM

Roger Roger...

Please don't call me Roger!

Psiandron
03-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Roger Roger...Please don't call me Roger!kk, What's your vector Victor?

HawkFest
03-04-2015, 01:14 PM
For a global service, I think that doing this in the GMT-5 early birds timing is good : at noon, Europeans are getting back home from work or school, and for North Americans, well... Usually "active" people are sleeping, or getting to work/school, or working during those hours (from 5 am to noon). So, apart from individual contexts which are not the average, IMHO the timing is "ok".

Now, it's 14:10 GMT-5... They must have some ***** of a problem.

Waaye
03-04-2015, 01:14 PM
It can be done... bit of serious infrastructure investment and careful planning is all it takes...
Well, FletchiAm, Warner Brothers has already announced they are changing the "strategic alignment" of their subsidiaries. Neither their site or WotC's mentions any future DDO products and that suggests there will be no "serious infrastructure investment".

The best we can hope for now is that Turbine can make a few simple tweaks that will increase the loyal fan base for the game. If enough people are playing DDO then WB might decide it fits in with their plans.

If DDO does get cancelled like the original Star Trek TV series was it might still be possible for a letter writing campaign to bring it back. That,however, will largely depend on the size of the audience.

Arikzael
03-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Of course games go down, of course maintenance needs to be done, nobody denies that.
It's the car crash of turbines customer relations that everyone is getting annoyed about.
1: forget to announce downtime. (really?)
2: fail to provide anything but automated update (singular).
3: provide 2nd update on extended downtime an hour into said downtime.
I mean.......Cordo, you get paid (by us) to do this. ....it doesn't look great, does it?

/shrug

Maybe it's just me...but it's not a big deal. Again we can only speculate as to the reason for maintenance, and as to why they 'forgot' to announce it (which I really doubt is the case). I would rather the devs dedicate their time to fixing what is wrong than placating all the whiners with constant updates as to when the game 'might' be up again.

SocratesBastardSon
03-04-2015, 01:15 PM
kk, What's your vector Victor?

Surely you can't be serious.

SocratesBastardSon
03-04-2015, 01:17 PM
You know, this isn't just about DDO, all Turbine's games are offline currently!Could someone who lives in Boston drive by the Turbine offices and see if there are a bunch of teary-eyed people holding little pink slips of paper standing out front while a lot of office furniture and computer equipment is being loaded into trucks?

Please, someone check and tell us it isn't so!

:D Too funny!

Luckyjack1983

I'm always serious...and don't call me Shirley

patang01
I have to wonder what the players would do if they learned there was a freak fire in the server farm for DDO and not only were the servers down for a few days(weeks), but also all their character(S) were lost due to fire damage....

On another note.. Anyone know what they are doing that is taking so long? did the servers catch fire?:p

Working for a tech firm I'd know that any good company do regular backups of any data and store it off site. Or else the company that does not would go out of business. Now I don't know if they have any backup servers, I doubt that but it won't take a week to get the game up since they'd most likely use a backup server farm to get cranking again. But I digress, we're entertaining a scenario that could be the reality in 1994.

Powskier
oh ,partnering w Neil? just kidding, no offense intended:)

Psiandron
03-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Surely you can't be serious.Stop calling me Shirley!! :(

Powskier
03-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Please, someone check and tell us it isn't so!

:D Too funny!
ya, i tried to install empire total war last night /steam powered/ no go still - not available for update yet it says

Leaveblank
03-04-2015, 01:21 PM
They were down over 2 days the last time there was one of these all turbine at once outages .... of course, we knew about it ahead of time so at least the first day we didn't plan on getting to play ... but hey ... looking forward to the downtime Friday to fix whatever you fixed today

moomooprincess
03-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Who doesn't love Airplane?

http://marketingthink.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/airplane-movie-autopilot.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/Orion234/SniffingGlue_zpsa4154890.jpg

caberonia
03-04-2015, 01:23 PM
For a global service, I think that doing this in the GMT-5 early birds timing is good : at noon, Europeans are getting back home from work or school, and for North Americans, well... Usually "active" people are sleeping, or getting to work/school, or working during those hours (from 5 am to noon). So, apart from individual contexts which are not the average, IMHO the timing is "ok".

Now, it's 14:10 GMT-5... They must have some ***** of a problem.
I would agree if it was occasional.. however we have had 3 or 4 downtimes in the last 10 days and 2 of those were both wednesday mornings (4 of the last 6 wednesday mornings were downtimes Which is MOST of my playtime). For those of us working stiffs who work nights and weekends its a slap in the face to keep doing downtimes on the same days at the same times week after week. Alls I'm asking is if they ARE going to keep doing multiple downtimes every week change up the days and hours so they don't keep screwing the same people.. spread the misery around. Just because I work horrible hours doesn't mean I should bear the brunt of downtime as well. The least they could do is quit doing it on the SAME DAY at the SAME TIME EVERY WEEK.

Also if you think 9-5 monday through friday is the "norm" you must live in 1950, a socialized European country or belong to the 1%.

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 01:23 PM
When I say I'm doing fine all they do is flame
Surely I'm not happy since I can't play the game
I'm just sitting here watching the thread go round and round
How I love to feed the trolls
No longer a cleric cause the server is down
I'm gonna refresh and scroll
I just have to refresh and scroll

the_scientist
03-04-2015, 01:26 PM
I would agree if it was occasional.. however we have had 3 or 4 downtimes in the last 10 days and 2 of those were both wednesday mornings. For those of us working stiffs who work nights and weekends its a slap in the face to keep doing downtimes on the same days at the same times week after week. Alls I'm asking is if you ARE going to keep doing multiple downtimes every week change up the days and hours so you don't keep screwing the same people.. spread the misery around.

Also if you think 9-5 monday through friday is the "norm" you must live in 1950, or the 1%.

yep 9-12 Mondays and Wednesdays all the time. If those are your primary playing times then you are SOL when it comes to DDO/Turbine

FnaCotton
03-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Turbine does it again! /clap

Ok, im in on the mob.... how many times does turbine need to remind us they are awesome at their job? ... If only their QA turned over as fast as their Executive Producer...

Psiandron
03-04-2015, 01:27 PM
When I say I'm doing fine all they do is flameSurely I'm not happy since I can't play the gameI'm just sitting here watching the thread go round and roundHow I love to feed the trollsNo longer a cleric cause the server is downI'm gonna refresh and scrollI just have to refresh and scrollAre you sure that you didn't just imagine that?;D

relenttless
03-04-2015, 01:27 PM
/shrug

Maybe it's just me...but it's not a big deal. Again we can only speculate as to the reason for maintenance, and as to why they 'forgot' to announce it (which I really doubt is the case). I would rather the devs dedicate their time to fixing what is wrong than placating all the whiners with constant updates as to when the game 'might' be up again.

Not a big deal....
Perhaps not, they are obviously having problems, that is not the issue.

The issue is the constant, repeated faliure of Turbine to enact any sort of successful customer relations. Be it with todays fiasco, coming on the back of yet another downtime within a few days (generally hitting the same customers in terms of day and timezone), be it the inability of the company to fix its own bug reporting tool, be it the incredibly slow and ineffectual in game support, be it the technical support dept that is only open for about 4 hours a day, .....add all these up, and then multiply them by the monotonous frequency by which problems occur, throw in a bit of lag and a rubbish event for good measure, and people get cross because they start to feel they are being treated with contempt.

arrowstopper
03-04-2015, 01:28 PM

and don't call me Shirley