02-27-2015, 09:43 AM
for farming Mimics.

Astarii
02-27-2015, 09:44 AM
for farming Mimics.

irestone with a over leveled group.

Lonnbeimnech
02-27-2015, 09:56 AM
JuJu zombie area of EE haunted halls is pretty good if you are looking for champion chests.

Zaragoss
02-27-2015, 09:59 AM

The easy thinks do not come in Mind thanks.

Zaragoss
02-27-2015, 10:03 AM
JuJu zombie area of EE haunted halls is pretty good if you are looking for champion chests.

I will check it out thx

Maybe the House Cannith quest Schemes of the Enemy do it also fine.

maaku
02-27-2015, 10:18 AM
So far personally I have been farming Devil assault on heroic elite with a level 18. I only do the first wave and I generally get between 5-10 chests every 3-7 minutes. But any difficulty of Devil assault should work as long as you aren't over its level that way you get the champion chests.

axel15810
02-27-2015, 12:31 PM

I've been doing this as well. Probably the best option.

Vellrad
02-27-2015, 01:38 PM

i prefer skeletal honor guards in HH

arkonas
02-27-2015, 08:29 PM
haunted halls is very ideal for champion EVEN better if extended. lost of chests. mimics and fragments. devils assault isnt bad either.

Bluegirl_Two
02-28-2015, 05:46 AM
L4 quest The Stormreaver Fresco -- loot the locked deposit boxes. There are ~30 of them. Bring a rogue and a supply of thieves tools. Takes very little time. Don't complete the quest -- unlock, loot, recall, reset and repeat. Deposit boxes have no actual loot in them (what they do have disappears when you leave the quest and is worthless anyway). It is just a mimic farm.

Saekee
02-28-2015, 08:11 AM
L4 quest The Stormreaver Fresco -- loot the locked deposit boxes. There are ~30 of them. Bring a rogue and a supply of thieves tools. Takes very little time. Don't complete the quest -- unlock, loot, recall, reset and repeat. Deposit boxes have no actual loot in them (what they do have disappears when you leave the quest and is worthless anyway). It is just a mimic farm.

Isn't there a quest mechanic using a lever to unlock them or do you need to unlock each one?

Bluegirl_Two
02-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Isn't there a quest mechanic using a lever to unlock them or do you need to unlock each one?

Honestly, I have no idea. If there is then so much the better.

AbyssalMage
02-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Of course its one of the two packs I don't own lol

Bluegirl_Two
02-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Honestly, I have no idea. If there is then so much the better.

Was intrigued so looked and yes, there is a lever that unlocks the safety deposit boxes. It is in same room with the other levers, but don't pull those or you'll lock yourself out. Just find the one lever (it is a lever not a switch) and pull it. Loot and have fun.

Rykka
03-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Stormreaver Fresco. Break the crystals. send someone back to flip the middle switch in the teller room. open the boxes. 2 more in secret room. you can quit and repeat or complete, doesn't matter, mimics still spawn even if ransacked.

Phoenix-daBard
03-02-2015, 12:44 AM
2 more in secret room.

3 more, the one you open for the zombies, the one in the zombie box, and the one on the side wall.

Rykka
03-02-2015, 12:50 AM
3 more, the one you open for the zombies, the one in the zombie box, and the one on the side wall.

That's true.

Rykka
03-02-2015, 12:56 AM
I am curious, I haven't seen a Champion chest since the event started. Got nothing in HE DA. I'm also seeing much fewer crowns. anyone else?

AbyssalMage
03-02-2015, 03:12 AM
I am curious, I haven't seen a Champion chest since the event started. Got nothing in HE DA. I'm also seeing much fewer crowns. anyone else?
Not sure about HE DA as I'm a few levels too low still but champions in other HE content is spawning. Actually had too many Champions spawn for me on my Inferno of the Dammed run in one section (thankfully the shrine was right there :) ) 6 of 8 champions + a few in the mass that followed me that saw invis :(

General_Gronker
03-02-2015, 09:09 AM

I'm seeing lots of champions. Maybe even more than normal. And some of their chests are spawning mimics. Sound like you've just been lucky. Or unlucky, depending on your needs.

axel15810
03-02-2015, 10:04 AM
I totally forgot about stormreaver fresco until someone mentioned it to me a day or two ago. I feel dumb now for the time I spent farming Irestone.

Hit up Fresco for a few hours and the return on motes is nice. 3-4 per run, about 4 minutes per run. So I'd say you get just under 1 mote per minute when not on a frenzy.

It's soul crushingly boring so bring some friends to chat with or have some good music/youtube videos ready to go. Wow is it so incredibly boring though. Brought me back to the days when I farmed Rusted Blades to level epic destinies.

Oh and turn auto target on and map your interact key to your keyboard. I like using the "e" key. Makes opening chests faster and saves your wrist from a lot of pointing and clicking.

Lanadazia
03-03-2015, 11:26 PM
i've been playing with a friend in low level, we're level 6 now and had several champion chests, that also spawned a mimic
according to my motes count we've found 26 mimics in 2 evenings of playing. considering this being ~3 cards only and we don't have so much time to play together
i think the event isnt that good. if the mimics dropped more motes or the cards were available for 5 motes it'd be fine

Mithavenger
03-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Stormreaver Fresco is the quest to go as difficulty does not affect the rate of a mimic appearing so you go in on normal and l have tallied it in all the runs l have done to an average of 5 mimics for the 33 chests in the main room and it takes less then 4 minutes so you easily hit 1 per minute. As others have said it is boring so bring music or friends but it is the best place to farm and on frenzy that is 33 chests in 4 minutes, rinse and repeat
Edit* The optional room through the portal is not worthwhile as you waste all that extra time for only 3 extra chests

Lanadazia
03-08-2015, 04:48 PM
i had a pretty good farming group the other day in stormreaver fresco.
we got like 3-6 mimics per run. then after ~ 2 hours we got a frenzy (the first i have witnessed the whole event) and we made around 220 motes in that 15 minutes
still i'd rather like to see an adjusted drop rate of motes or a lowered turn in