PDA

View Full Version : This new thing is bad and must removed!!!!!

Dragavon
02-27-2015, 02:14 AM
I hate this new thing!

This new thing must be removed!

Turbine are not listening!

If this new thing is not removed I will stop playing DDO but continue to post here about new things I do not like.

!!!!!!!!

G_Lich
02-27-2015, 02:23 AM
Half of me sees this in the general mimic hate and half of me sees the actual desire for more that causes it. The volume on the forum for this topic really leads me to believe that some want to like it but think it could use a few improvements, at least thats where I am coming from.

Hephaistor
02-27-2015, 02:37 AM
Was on lamaland for the very short time the test-mimic event was live. The rage on the forums was more than predictable and most of the testers saw it coming. I don’t care because I knew I can turn it off, but most players die a few times before they get that option to know. (If they did not rage quit)
Mimics should be disabled by default and only start spawning after you get a “hunt the mimics”-quest by a NPC. Things could be that simple, but no.. let’s create drama because we didn’t have enough of that already.

Rys
02-27-2015, 02:48 AM
Was on lamaland for the very short time the test-mimic event was live. The rage on the forums was more than predictable and most of the testers saw it coming.
This. The way how they ignored the given feedback is just .....typical for Turbine.

Mimics should be disabled by default and only start spawning after you get a “hunt the mimics”-quest by a NPC. Things could be that simple, but no.. let’s create drama because we didn’t have enough of that already.

Mainly this. This step actually seemed to be logical according to the way the other events work. But looks like someone had a brain fart. Well... 10 people at once did.

FestusHood
02-27-2015, 02:51 AM
This. The way how they ignored the given feedback is just .....typical for Turbine.

Mainly this. This step actually seemed to be logical according to the way the other events work. But looks like someone had a brain fart. Well... 10 people at once did.

How do you turn off the coins during Festivult?

Rys
02-27-2015, 02:54 AM
How do you turn off the coins during Festivult?

There is a difference between getting something into my bag I don't even know about and spawning CR: 57 mimic after the fight with zero sp.

Just to clarify, what I had in my mind is the majority of the events where you actually have to go somewhere and do something to participate in it. The rest who is not interested, can happily ignored it. On the other hand, with the mimic event, they actually made people who don't want to participate to go somewhere and do something (including the forums to actually find out what's going on) which is pretty clear rage trigger they should have seen coming.

FestusHood
02-27-2015, 03:44 AM
There is a difference between getting something into my bag I don't even know about and spawning CR: 57 mimic after the fight with zero sp.

Just to clarify, what I had in my mind is the majority of the events where you actually have to go somewhere and do something to participate in it. The rest who is not interested, can happily ignored it. On the other hand, with the mimic event, they actually made people who don't want to participate to go somewhere and do something (including the forums to actually find out what's going on) which is pretty clear rage trigger they should have seen coming.

I just don't see the rage trigger. It's possible if you know nothing that you get caught off guard by them exactly once. Other than that, it's just not a big deal, and it only lasts for about ten days. My only complaint with the event is that i'm not personally interested in any of the rewards. I don't have any problem with the actual execution of the event.

The idea that having to spend a couple minutes to talk to an npc to turn it off is some huge inconvenience just doesn't generate any sympathy from me. Making it the reverse would simply be an inconvenience for the people that do want to play the event, and then they would be complaining.

I personally know someone who became irritated that risia coins spontaneously appeared in his bags when he killed fire monsters.

Rys
02-27-2015, 04:22 AM
I just don't see the rage trigger. It's possible if you know nothing that you get caught off guard by them exactly once. Other than that, it's just not a big deal, and it only lasts for about ten days. My only complaint with the event is that i'm not personally interested in any of the rewards. I don't have any problem with the actual execution of the event.

I don't have a problem with it either to be honest because I don't care anymore. Usually, I just get a chuckle at their decisions and move on. In the case of mimics, you are of course right, it is one time thing and then you can get rid of them forever (if you don't pug of course - another failed implementation). Yet I have seen multiple rage posts here because of it. And that could have been prevented.

The idea that having to spend a couple minutes to talk to an npc to turn it off is some huge inconvenience just doesn't generate any sympathy from me. Making it the reverse would simply be an inconvenience for the people that do want to play the event, and then they would be complaining.

I would most likely expect more rage from people who don't want to participate because it is something unwanted that disturbs them from their regular routine in opposition to the people who do want to participate and are so excited because of the new event that they won't mind to run somewhere to get something. The implementation of champions was a great example.

I personally know someone who became irritated that risia coins spontaneously appeared in his bags when he killed fire monsters.
So you can see how 'forcing' people into these kind of events generates rage?

Wizza
02-27-2015, 04:28 AM

I pug a lot. Should I type in my lfm "Please have Mimic Repellent on" ?

Nachomammashouse
02-27-2015, 05:56 AM
I hate this new thing!

This new thing must be removed!

Turbine are not listening!

If this new thing is not removed I will stop playing DDO but continue to post here about new things I do not like.

!!!!!!!!

This guy (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/304817-This-New-Thing-It-is-Bad) agrees with you 100% but I think he articulated his case a little better.

bartharok
02-27-2015, 06:17 AM
Was on lamaland for the very short time the test-mimic event was live. The rage on the forums was more than predictable and most of the testers saw it coming. I don’t care because I knew I can turn it off, but most players die a few times before they get that option to know. (If they did not rage quit)

The rage on the forums is ALWAYS predictable, since no matter what turbine does, some people will start foaming at the mouth.

Qhualor
02-27-2015, 06:24 AM
The rage on the forums is ALWAYS predictable, since no matter what turbine does, some people will start foaming at the mouth.

the pot is stirred by the usual people. im noticing a trend lately.

Doh
02-27-2015, 06:30 AM

Doh

Algreg
02-27-2015, 06:32 AM
In all fairness, I think way more people are having an issue with certain, errm, features of this new thing than with the new thing as such...

Thar
02-27-2015, 06:41 AM

after the issues with the last anniversary event, they should have been able to come up with a different solution. Why not use the same mabar turnin without the extra ingrediants and adjust the mote turnins. 1 mote = level 4 5 motes = level 8 gear, etc... it's all bound so who cares. the get this turn in for that which clutters up the bag or buy a bag that is only good for this and will clutter up your toon afterwards too is just bad design. stop taking up my inventory space!!! the randomness turns me off to the event to start. mabar was fine without the lag and uberraid dragon firght that you often got in with 5 people and failed. fix the dragon fight to be something new and it would have been fine.

the forced participation... bleh go turn it off if you don't like it.

General_Gronker
02-27-2015, 06:44 AM
that some want to like it but think it could use a few improvements,
That's mostly where I"m at on it. I don't dislike the idea, but they've spectacularly botched the execution.

MadCookieQueen
02-27-2015, 07:04 AM
I pug a lot. Should I type in my lfm "Please have Mimic Repellent on" ?

You'll invite griefers. Sorry but you will, it'll be an opportunity to have their fun, at your expense. I already know a few people salivating over it.

Sorry...but you're kind of stuck to either running with friends/guildies (who respect your desire to not have mimics) or going solo.

Wizza
02-27-2015, 07:36 AM
You'll invite griefers. Sorry but you will, it'll be an opportunity to have their fun, at your expense. I already know a few people salivating over it.

Sorry...but you're kind of stuck to either running with friends/guildies (who respect your desire to not have mimics) or going solo.

Which is what I'm doing.

Sadly, we forgot to use Repellent before going into quests..

Amundir
02-27-2015, 07:43 AM
I don't really care at this point. My main dislike is the turn in mechanism. But seeing as how I can get myself doused in the eye watering repellent in the HoH for free, I'll probably by pass the event all together and all's well.

It'd be interesting if we could get some statistics on during the event the % of players who logged in who "opted out".

Powskier
02-27-2015, 07:51 AM
new attempts at this thread should be necro by default

Rys
02-27-2015, 07:55 AM
Which is what I'm doing.

Sadly, we forgot to use Repellent before going into quests..

Pretty sure you did it on purpose, you griefer :p

Wizza
02-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure you did it on purpose, you griefer :p

I can die from those :(

LightBear
02-27-2015, 08:45 AM
If only this new thing actually was a new thing and not some lukewarm barfed up dog food.

MadCookieQueen
02-27-2015, 08:49 AM
If only this new thing actually was a new thing and not some lukewarm barfed up dog food.

LOL!

The mimic vomit is just as gross, good analogy.

Rys
02-27-2015, 08:51 AM
I can die from those :(
So I was the griefer? D:

Tinco
02-27-2015, 08:56 AM

Does this crusade end anytime soon? You're not helping your point by crossing the line into utter ridiculousness every other post. This event is **** not because some mimics with the constitution of blotting paper and the dentures of my grandma will be used to grief you but because of really everything else. Ironically, the mimics are the only decently implemented part of this festival.

Wizza
02-27-2015, 08:57 AM
So I was the griefer? D:

Pretty much, yes. Not sure I want to party with you during the event :(

Does this crusade end anytime soon? You're not helping your point by crossing the line into utter ridiculousness every other post. This event is **** not because some mimics with the constitution of blotting paper and the dentures of my grandma will be used to grief you but because of really everything else. Ironically, the mimics are the only decently implemented part of this festival.

There is something implemented decently in this event? Haven't noticed yet

Rys
02-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Pretty much, yes. Not sure I want to party with you during the event :(

Who would rez you then :eek:

Wizza
02-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Who would rez you then :eek:

That was supposed to be our secret.

And I never die

NostraVar
02-27-2015, 09:05 AM

I'm curious, just where did you fight this CR 57 mimic from the mimic event?

Rys
02-27-2015, 09:19 AM
That was supposed to be our secret.

And I never die
http://smrpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/catbag1.jpg

I'm curious, just where did you fight this CR 57 mimic from the mimic event?

Just sharing some tested info on Mimic spawns from champ chests in EE Haunted Halls...

Mimics are CR 57 and although not really that much more challenging than the mobs themselves they may increase the resource use (SP for healing, etc.).

Didn't test it by myself since I didn't have time for playing and when I logged in today, the game went down.

EDIT: Just tested it now and yes, they are CR: 57.

Wizza
02-27-2015, 09:22 AM
http://smrpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/catbag1.jpg

The bag is out of the cat?

Rys
02-27-2015, 09:27 AM
The bag is out of the cat?

You got it right. I wasn't sure if the picture is clear enough.

MadCookieQueen
02-27-2015, 09:29 AM

It'll end when the Mimic Hunt ends.

The griefing is part of the problem not the whole of the problem. All the other complaints have been stated in other threads, I suggest you read through the multitude of them to see the entire argument on both sides of the spectrum.

It doesn't matter how easy/hard they are to kill...what matters is how wrong this event is and how badly it's been executed as an "Anniversary" Event. The Mimics could have been CR 1's and threw roses at you while singing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" but it wouldn't have stopped all the rest of the nonsense that goes along with it.

Wizza
02-27-2015, 09:31 AM
You got it right. I wasn't sure if the picture is clear enough.

http://i62.tinypic.com/sp7jno.jpg