PDA

View Full Version : Runearm targeting issue

Wanesa
02-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Hi

Shewind TRed to my first Artificer and she also found her first RuneArm weapon.

I have issue with targeting the monsters. In most of the cases, runearm fires to ground or complete miss the target. I started as sorcerer and soon I was able to master targeting of spells (using TAB as target selector). Apparently this doesn't work here (it still works with Arti spells, but never with runearm). I am forced to use mouse to point the middle circle directly to the monster and then there is a chance to hit (it often doesn't work through opened door). This is very annoying.

Did i overlook something?
Is there any other trick how to better target the monsters?

RD2play
02-25-2015, 09:30 AM
each rune-arm has a different targeting/firing mechanic, some you will have to aim with mouse look and shoot in the direction you are facing, some are like seeker missiles meaning you only have to have a target. some you will need a target and aim at the target.

GL and have fun

edit: just try a few out and pick the one you are most comfortable using, this could differ from person to person, or might even be steered by your build.

Phoenix-daBard
02-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Also I find targeting accuracy is improved by firing the rune arm in the middle of a jump. This is especially true of the shot type rune arms.

Fedora1
02-25-2015, 02:01 PM
This is why I TR'd out of my last Arti at L20.

That and the fact that all Epic Destinies a first life arti can take are subpar (for artis). I couldn't see torturing myself through a bunch of ED's (with bad rune arm skills) just to finally get to one that has some benefits for an arti.

Phoenix-daBard
02-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Artificer is my favorite class so far but that is because I am a run and gun engineer at heart no matter what I play.

I have a first life Drow Arti at level 28 currently almost to the Primal sphere. I understand the pain. I found draconic incarnation with a few twists from fate singer acceptable most of the time but not my preference.