PDA

View Full Version : Auction House: Request

RD2play
02-24-2015, 07:21 AM
To elaborate, I thought it might be a good idea to add a "Request" tab in the AH. At least for ingredients, collectables, scrolls, pots, wands, ... enz. Also named loot would be nice, and if possible maybe even random loot (but I can see problems with the last one)

We have all been there, playing the AH game, or the spam the trade channel game, in stead of running content with our friends or a pug. All because you are looking for X of Y ingredients and they are not posted or not enough. or maybe you are looking for a collectable nobody posts because for them it has little value and thus they don't bother reposting every 3 days if at all. (might be nice to extend your posts but that's another discussion). Oohh! to think about all that stuff that is gathering dust in someone's pack somewhere that might be the gold ticked to someone else.

A solution would be the "Request" tab, Here you can put up a request for X of Y and set a price you are willing to pay for one the AH will extrapolate the total price if you requests more than one.

Example: I am looking for "12 intact finger bones", and I am willing to pay 1.5kp for each. I will now go to the AH and go look, no luck. now I open the "request" tab and type intact, search, then select "intact finger bones", in the amount section I select "12" and for price I will put "1500 plat". At total cost it will now say 23400 pp. ([1500*12*1.3=](for 30%fee)). press "request", select yes I am sure I want to pay to post this request. and voila a request is posted for others to fill. Now if someone passes by the AH and sees my request [intact finger bones - 12 - 1500pp - 18000pp] he can decide whether the price I offer is high enough, and if so can fill my request. It would be great if it would be possible for this person to fill part of the request. for instance if he only has 3 "bones" on him he should be able to offer 3 and get 4500plat in this case. after he offered the 3 bones they will appear in the buyers mail, and the request will be updated to [intact finger bones - 9 - 1500pp - 13500pp]. it will stay up until filled or time runs out. (similar to normal auction).

For those who have not noticed there is a slight difference with the fee here compared to the normal AH, in the normal AH the "Seller" pays the fee, where in the request tab the "Buyer" pays the fee.

Then the 2nd part would be the "request item" tab or maybe it could be in the same tab as request, but when looking for an item the amount selection should be disabled. It should work the same, you put up a request for an item (only Unbound named if random is to difficult) and set a price you are willing to pay, plus fee.

Let me know what you guys think about this,

Thanks

PsychoBlonde
02-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Let me know what you guys think about this,

Thanks

An interesting idea, but the coding for matching items with requests would probably be difficult. Would it only work for named items? Can you imagine how hard it'd be to match a non-named item in this way? Could the prospective buyer reject an offered item, or would it just auto-buy it at the stated price? Would it have a function for setting ML?

I could see it working for ingredients pretty well but not gear, so much.

It might just be better to have something like the Shared Ingredients Bank, but for guilds.

Vellrad
02-24-2015, 08:02 AM
I've seen it implemented in one game, tittle of which I can't recall.

It was basically just a wish list, and finding a halfway decent offer was time consuming because you'd had to brows through tens of thousands offers wanting best endgame loot and offering 1 copper.

RD2play
02-24-2015, 08:08 AM
An interesting idea, but the coding for matching items with requests would probably be difficult. Would it only work for named items? Can you imagine how hard it'd be to match a non-named item in this way? Could the prospective buyer reject an offered item, or would it just auto-buy it at the stated price? Would it have a function for setting ML?

I could see it working for ingredients pretty well but not gear, so much.

It might just be better to have something like the Shared Ingredients Bank, but for guilds.

I have same assumptions. especially how random loot is coded might give great problems, since differentiating between different values of affixes could be problematic.

I think however named loot might be possible since you would get a list to select from as a buyer, so if you are looking for an EH item, you will select that item and then it will only accept that item.

I think it should be auto buy, you put up the request and already paid the AH, if the request is not met in time you will get the plat refunded through mail, like being outbid in regular AH.

The system will NOT take items already posted in the AH. Your request will be in a separate tab in the AH and can be filled by others, who have it to spare.

RD2play
02-24-2015, 08:12 AM
I've seen it implemented in one game, tittle of which I can't recall.

It was basically just a wish list, and finding a halfway decent offer was time consuming because you'd had to brows through tens of thousands offers wanting best endgame loot and offering 1 copper.

Yes this is true, but then you can sort by "price" high -> low, so the non serious requests will migrate to the last pages.

General_Gronker
02-25-2015, 05:52 AM
No. At best, this is a mediocre idea, but more importantly, the team has demonstrated that they can't handle something like this without utterly breaking something. Then you'll have all the jack holes abusing it just to screw with the other players.

No, this is a bad idea. Use the trade channel (since this is literally what it's for), or, you know, go run quests to pick the stuff up.

arkonas
02-25-2015, 06:25 AM
No. At best, this is a mediocre idea, but more importantly, the team has demonstrated that they can't handle something like this without utterly breaking something. Then you'll have all the jack holes abusing it just to screw with the other players.

No, this is a bad idea. Use the trade channel (since this is literally what it's for), or, you know, go run quests to pick the stuff up.

this is where i disagree with you again. its not a bad idea other games that have it show it works.

RD2play
02-25-2015, 09:04 AM

sorry I don't want to waste my time spamming the trade channel for a couple of collectables. you know what kind of sht you will get poured over you if you did ?? and go pick it up? I pick up all collectables and stuff I find on my journeys but it s not like scales or items that you know 100% where to get them and plan a farm they are just too random!