PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Monday, February 23rd

Cordovan
02-20-2015, 04:04 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have opened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, February 23rd from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Krelar
02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Mimic event time?

die
02-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Any news as to when any new updates will be added to Lamannia? Obviously there nothing in the works for the DDo anniversary. Will we (ddo) release The Temple of Elemental Evil before Neverwinter? They have already announced a date.

ToastyFred
02-20-2015, 04:27 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, February 23rd from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Ok, I'll bite.

What update to the game will be made Cordovan?

Mindos
02-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Ok, I'll bite.

Temple of Elemental Evil? A WHOLE month early? No way!

Cordovan
02-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Monday's patch is largely meant to improve game performance, along with some bug fixes. We'll have Release Notes on Monday.

Phoenix-daBard
02-20-2015, 05:25 PM

From Twitter: https://twitter.com/JerrySnook/status/568898237727416320

this patch has some game performance improvements.

edit: xpost

UurlockYgmeov
02-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Any news as to when any new updates will be added to Lamannia? Obviously there nothing in the works for the DDo anniversary. Will we (ddo) release The Temple of Elemental Evil before Neverwinter? They have already announced a date.

I would expect mid next week - it just feels right - the timing - of ToEE hitting lamdaland.

I stand corrected - with the anniversary of DDO (Happy Birthday) - they will not want to distract from it - so the following week.

die
02-20-2015, 05:50 PM
I would expect mid next week - it just feels right - the timing - of ToEE hitting lamdaland.

This would be nice. However I wish we still had the OLD OLD server from about 6-7 years ago, for the life of me I can't remember what it was

called.. I want to say it started with a "R" any way. I want ToEE to be fresh and a surprise. I know I have to take some responsibility for that my

self. Looking forward to this update.. Re-hashed Vale not so much. We are getting new quests with Shaverath at least. That is only 2 updates in

a whole year.. not looking very promising. I hope ToEE is bigger than MUCH bigger than Thunder- forged area.

UurlockYgmeov
02-20-2015, 06:55 PM
This would be nice. However I wish we still had the OLD OLD server from about 6-7 years ago, for the life of me I can't remember what it was

called.. I want to say it started with a "R" any way. I want ToEE to be fresh and a surprise. I know I have to take some responsibility for that my

self. Looking forward to this update.. Re-hashed Vale not so much. We are getting new quests with Shaverath at least. That is only 2 updates in

a whole year.. not looking very promising. I hope ToEE is bigger than MUCH bigger than Thunder- forged area.

Actually expect 4 updates in '15.

Best guesses:

U25 - ToEE - plus additional tooltips for character sheet - maybe one more class pass
U26 - Epic Shavarath - melee pass for arty/rogue/ranger/monk (basic ranged pass) (handwraps un foobared)
U27 - something here - maybe subterrane - more tree(s) - Mabar redux
U28 - Epic Vale / eGS / cap to 30 / warlock ( guess of update name: Enter the Warlock) - CANNITH crafting and lootgen pass.

I really do expect U28 to be the big one - with many things (and story lines) heading towards the big holiday push. Gives Dev's mucho time to tinker and get ready.

I really do hope they are able to make up time and fit in cannith crafting - simply because I believe they will try to make the random generated loot (lootgen) tied into the cannith crafting system. This is a good thing because if they do it right - they only have to (simply and easily) edit one and both systems are updated. This does not mean that challenges or challenge gear will get an update.

UurlockYgmeov
02-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Mimic event time?

Every time I try to loot a chest - it pulls me back in!

ToastyFred
02-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Monday's patch is largely meant to improve game performance, along with some bug fixes. We'll have Release Notes on Monday.

Thank you.

ToastyFred
02-20-2015, 08:32 PM

called.. I want to say it started with a "R" any way.

Risia.

die
02-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Risia.

ImanCarrot
02-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Every time I try to loot a chest - it pulls me back in!

Much the same as DDO itself, you cannot escape. Resistance is futile.

UurlockYgmeov
02-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Much the same as DDO itself, you cannot escape. Resistance is futile.

At first, I was afraid, I was petrified.
Kept thinkin' I could never live
Without you by my side,
But then I spent so many nights
Thinkin' how you did me wrong.
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along.

And so you're back from outer splinterskull.
I just walked in to find you here
With that sad look upon your face.
I should've changed that stupid lock,
I should've made you leave your key,
If I had known, for just one second,
You'd be back to bother me.

Well, now go! Walk out the door!
Just turn around now,
'Cause you're not welcome anymore!
Weren't you the one
Who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh no, not I! I will survive!
Oh, as long as I know how to love,
I know I'll stay alive!

RotR
02-21-2015, 04:16 AM

Best guesses:

U25 - ToEE - plus additional tooltips for character sheet - maybe one more class pass
U26 - Epic Shavarath - melee pass for arty/rogue/ranger/monk (basic ranged pass) (handwraps un foobared)
U28 - Epic Vale / eGS / cap to 30 / warlock ( guess of update : Enter the Warlock) - CANNITH crafting and lootgen pass.

I really do expect U28 to be the big one - with many things (and story lines) heading towards the big holiday push. Gives Dev's mucho time to tinker and get ready.

I really do hope they are able to make up time and fit in cannith crafting - simply because I believe they will try to make the random generated loot (lootgen) tied into the cannith crafting system. This is a good thing because if they do it right - they only have to (simply and easily) edit one and both systems are updated. This does not mean that challenges or challenge gear will get an update.

I am Really looking forward to this class!! I sure hope it is in update 28 or sooner would even be greater! PLEASE!!!!!!!

royboy
02-21-2015, 05:31 AM

I could hug you all, right now.
Thanks - Docsin

Faltout
02-21-2015, 06:05 AM
So that means they found the problem with the instances? Hooray! While this is still hot, pass those screenies on to the team. They can't be WAI.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/filha300/ddo/ScreenShot00063.jpg (http://s867.photobucket.com/user/filha300/media/ddo/ScreenShot00063.jpg.html)
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/filha300/ddo/ScreenShot00065.jpg (http://s867.photobucket.com/user/filha300/media/ddo/ScreenShot00065.jpg.html)

There were 5 of the same Wolf Pet (same level 21). Started with 3 one day, went to 5 2 days later and still is 3 after the festival has ended (on a different spot now...).

caberonia
02-21-2015, 12:56 PM

Yay. Hopefully this is targeted.. it may just be me but it seems that some specific content tends to see lag issues more than others.(I can go weeks or months without any major lag issues but if i go to run wheloon or specifically through the mirror darkly the lag monster rears its ugly head) Either way any performance improvements and bug squashing is always welcome.

Scrapco
02-21-2015, 01:09 PM
There were 5 of the same Wolf Pet (same level 21). Started with 3 one day, went to 5 2 days later and still is 3 after the festival has ended (on a different spot now...).

The sparrows are flying again...

UurlockYgmeov
02-21-2015, 01:47 PM
So that means they found the problem with the instances? Hooray! While this is still hot, pass those screenies on to the team. They can't be WAI.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/filha300/ddo/ScreenShot00063.jpg (http://s867.photobucket.com/user/filha300/media/ddo/ScreenShot00063.jpg.html)
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/filha300/ddo/ScreenShot00065.jpg (http://s867.photobucket.com/user/filha300/media/ddo/ScreenShot00065.jpg.html)

yes - I suspect that this is one player trying to be funny. think he was banned for a spell and they went away - and now are back. Guess this player didn't learn their lesson.

Faltout
02-21-2015, 02:02 PM
yes - this is one player trying to be funny. think he was banned for a spell and they went away - and now are back. Guess this player didn't learn their lesson.
False alarm then. I thought it may have something to do with things not clearing up. :p

UurlockYgmeov
02-21-2015, 02:08 PM
False alarm then. I thought it may have something to do with things not clearing up. :p

No you are right - I just suspect what happened. Besides the player side - there is a server side to this that needs to be addressed.

Bear01
02-21-2015, 02:22 PM

Will it also address the issye with slayer experience that mysteriously changed? ?last week? as per the wikki Epic Gianthold 200 others should be 12,330 per my quest journal says 4110, 100 giants wikki 7896 - journal 2632 likewise for stormhorns, thunderholme and epic orchard ALL about 1/3.. As I mostly slay solo to keep up with guildies I wonder what's up with this??
Secdbear on cannith

Mindos
02-21-2015, 04:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EiqB5sv.jpg

This was just a few days ago. Gleefully following their owner around in public!!!

slarden
02-21-2015, 04:56 PM

Best guesses:

U28 - Epic Vale / eGS / cap to 30 / warlock ( guess of update : Enter the Warlock) - CANNITH crafting and lootgen pass.

was hoping U25 = ToEE + warlock
U26 = level cap 30 and eShroud
u27 = Cannith crafting

Oh well.

lifestaker
02-22-2015, 12:32 AM
u27 = Cannith crafting

Meh thinking small.

U26: ToEE (nothing else added to game, upgrade ingredient not dropping for items)
U26.1: Event ran to hide xp nerf, fixed ToEE upgrading
U27: EVale (old versions made epic with crafting not in place yet)
U27.1: Event ran to hide xp nerf, put crafting items to drop, but forget one so nothing can be crafted still.
U28: Paid expansion. Containing: Warlock, Level cap raise to 30, another preorder deal with pet, cosmetic, and icecream, add a new iconic race or 2 to go along with the output of new side of amarath, Epic shroud crafting fixed and nothing good craft-able from it.
U28.1: Event ran to hide xp nerf, Cr increase on lag monster.

Splash in a few xp weekends to slow the knowledge of xp reductions, and put ottos box as standard item to store, after adding a bigger version of the epic as a limited time only item.

That will pull in some players to want to play again, invest into the game, then stop for a bit.

UurlockYgmeov
02-22-2015, 12:48 AM
u27 = Cannith crafting

Oh well.

during weekly livestream Warlock was brought up - and currently the plan is for later this year.

and for the next post after yours - wow - glass empty type of player.

cannith crafting/lootgen pass fix/update is not itself enough of an update to be the sole part of an update - well it is - just like armor up - but most of it is hidden so there will have to be much more visible to that update.

mikarddo
02-22-2015, 02:13 AM

Best guesses:

U28 - Epic Vale / eGS / cap to 30 / warlock ( guess of update name: Enter the Warlock) - CANNITH crafting and lootgen pass.

I sincerely hope they add Warlock to the Update that does not contain ToEE, Epic Shav or Epic Vale to spread out the love. Adding too much at the same time and very little at another would be bad practice.

jalont
02-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Did they go down or is it postponed?

Faltout
02-23-2015, 08:06 AM
In game message said they would do in 9 seconds when I logged out.

jalont
02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
In game message said they would do in 9 seconds when I logged out.

Ah kk. Usually people are already complaining on the forums by now. Was unsure. :P

Iwant_DiabloThree
02-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Am I wrong for wanting the release notes to be dropped sooner rather than later?

Uska
02-23-2015, 08:57 AM

Best guesses:

I don't expect warlocks before 30 really

Annyee
02-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Am I wrong for wanting the release notes to be dropped sooner rather than later?

Nope, not at all. Some MMO company's will release their release notes a full day ahead of an update.

UurlockYgmeov
02-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Patching now...

Brandall
02-23-2015, 09:11 AM

Best guesses:

No one is mentioning when the plans to raise (eventually) the level cap to 35 or 40
and before the PnP trolls get in an uproar; I like this game and don't want it to die, it is already far enough from PnP to prove that it is a game BASED on PnP, it is NOT PnP. let the game continue.
Without further goals and progress beyond 30, DDO will lose more and more players, eventually becoming extinct

ToastyFred
02-23-2015, 09:14 AM
No one is mentioning when the plans to raise (eventually) the level cap to 35 or 40

That's because one of the Producers (I believe it was Serverlin in his Producer's Letter but I could be wrong about WHO said it exactly) said the level cap was going to reach 30 and that would be it.

30 max. That's it.

SophiaH
02-23-2015, 09:15 AM

where does one find these patch notes?

Uska
02-23-2015, 09:17 AM
and before the PnP trolls get in an uproar; I like this game and don't want it to die, it is already far enough from PnP to prove that it is a game BASED on PnP, it is NOT PnP. let the game continue.
Without further goals and progress beyond 30, DDO will lose more and more players, eventually becoming extinct

They have said 30 will be it

Uska
02-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Patching now...

Thanks for the tip following your example

Annyee
02-23-2015, 09:19 AM

No one anywhere or anytime has ever mentioned, suggested, or hinted at levels beyond 30. 30 is going to be the hard cap for a very long time.

ToastyFred
02-23-2015, 09:21 AM
where does one find these patch notes?

They have not been posted.

Shocking, I know. :rolleyes:

tobyalloneword
02-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Still no patch notes through the downtime...

Annyee
02-23-2015, 09:25 AM
Still no patch notes through the downtime...

If we are lucky we will get patch notes b4 they close shop for the day. If we are really really lucky they will contain most of what was really changed. If we are really really super lucky the notes will be accurate.

Faltout
02-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Patch notes:

Next week we have a patch with several changes to help combat lag.

~ The first and biggest are a series of changes to better distribute the loading and unloading of instances so they don't cause lag spikes. Players should experience fewer lag spikes. More importantly, the performance hit for certain instances loading and unloading was masking our efforts to find other types of lag so once this next patch goes live we will have the double benefit of reduced lag spikes and the increased ability to diagnose lag.

~ In addition we've made some changes to some problematic content that was causing performance problems on the server.

That doesn't mean all lag will be fixed; there is no silver bullet problem we have seen that is causing lag. We continue our efforts to tune performance to improve game play. We are also looking into upgrading to better hardware this year but I can't make promises on that.

Sev~

I don't know what else you're expecting from those notes :D

Cordovan
02-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-24-patch-2-release-notes) are up.

Iwant_DiabloThree
02-23-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm searching for release notes
They told me I would have
To tell me what's been worked upon
That made the game run so bad

My client patched and waiting
The servers still not there
And I'm looking for release notes
To fill my time so dear

At this time I wish to ask you
The dev's who hold the key
Why tell us about release notes
And make us wait so long to see

LXP
02-23-2015, 09:45 AM

Thanks. Thumbs up :)

UurlockYgmeov
02-23-2015, 09:47 AM
/cheer

jalont
02-23-2015, 09:49 AM
From notes:

A String Table Error has been fixed in Don't Drink the Water.

LOL, a single error? The game is littered with them. Do you not know about them, so should we be bug reporting them? Or can you only fix one at a time.

Faltout
02-23-2015, 09:55 AM
From notes:

LOL, a single error? The game is littered with them. Do you not know about them, so should we be bug reporting them?
Yes, but don't use the in-game bug reporting tool. It seems to be bugged :cool:

Annyee
02-23-2015, 09:56 AM
From notes:

LOL, a single error? The game is littered with them. Do you not know about them, so should we be bug reporting them? Or can you only fix one at a time.

We should be happy with the one. That has exceeded expectations already.

royboy
02-23-2015, 09:56 AM
For along time.
I have been asking for this. An update for overall game performance.
Thank you very much.

Docsin- Disciples of Sin

Stormblade721
02-23-2015, 09:58 AM

<GIGGLE>

Stalwart and Sacred Defense should now count as Defensive Stances.
Unyielding Sentinel's Legendary Shield Mastery no longer works with Orbs.

The Barbarian's Tantrum ability no longer stops movement.

The Bard Action Boost: Doubleshot now grants Doubleshot.
Vanguard abilities no longer disappear upon death.

I kept waiting for the barbarian to throw himself to thye ground screaming and beating his fists against the turf...

Belgarath22
02-23-2015, 10:00 AM
So.. servers ready to play again?

Deadlock
02-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Not a massive issue, but one that caught my attention:

Mysterious Remnant non-chest drops now disappear after three minutes.

What difference does this make? It means that people can't go back and pick up any that they missed I suppose. So now they become pickup or lose. So any prolonged encounter you'll potentially lose some remnants from champions you've killed. Is that a design improvement?

Surely from a mechanics point of view, these things are just like treasure bags, so I can't see why these need to be treated any differently. Is there really a concern that people will put up an LFM at the end of a quest that says "lots of remnants to be picked up, come get em" ....

Annyee
02-23-2015, 10:04 AM
So.. servers ready to play again?

How do you define ready? If you mean open, then no.

Stormblade721
02-23-2015, 10:05 AM

What difference does this make? It means that people can't go back and pick up any that they missed I supposed. Is that an improvement that matters?

Surely from a mechanics point of view, these things are just like treasure bags, so I can't see why that these need to be treated any differently. Is there really a concern that people will put up an LFM at the end of a quest that says "lots of remnants to be picked up, come get em" ....

Possibly the fewer overall items that the game has to track, the less lag we will see in quests?

caberonia
02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Cyclonic Blast no longer has an additional and unnecessary Saving Throw.

Woot.. that was one of those things i thought would never be fixed.. get to eat my words on that one.

MalnackConospier
02-23-2015, 10:10 AM

What difference does this make? It means that people can't go back and pick up any that they missed I suppose. So now they become pickup or lose. So any prolonged encounter you'll potentially lose some remnants from champions you've killed. Is that a design improvement?

Surely from a mechanics point of view, these things are just like treasure bags, so I can't see why these need to be treated any differently. Is there really a concern that people will put up an LFM at the end of a quest that says "lots of remnants to be picked up, come get em" ....

Would it not be easier to turn these chests into those like we get in challenges? Have them appear in inventory and then we click to open them? Just a thought if having to keep up with them is causing performance issues.

Annyee
02-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Cyclonic Blast no longer has an additional and unnecessary Saving Throw.

Woot.. that was one of those things i thought would never be fixed.. get to eat my words on that one.

I know right? Good thing too, the extra save was really unbalancing the game......

caberonia
02-23-2015, 10:14 AM
I know right? Good thing too, the extra save was really unbalancing the game......

Considering it made the spell have 2 different saves for up to 1/4th damage.. it made that particular SLA worse than it is. No different from the paladin defensive stances now being considered defensive stances.. other than the Cyclonic bug has been in the game for over 4 years. Both were fixes to broken enhancements.

All fixes are welcome.

Krelar
02-23-2015, 10:15 AM

Most of this update was for performance issues. An extra saving throw calculation every time a spell goes off probably has some effect on performance.

Faltout
02-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Possibly the fewer overall items that the game has to track, the less lag we will see in quests?
That was my thought as well. But then why not apply that to treasure bags as well? Unless they can modify the code of remnants but not treasure bags (one was developed recently, other is legacy code). Or unless that is not the reason for them disappearing at all. Maybe something in regards to the storyline mentioned?

Iwant_DiabloThree
02-23-2015, 10:24 AM
When ever I hear the threat of that..it takes me back to the day when the whole lag issues was cause by TWF and a little nerf was gonna cure all that ails us.... and the people rejoiced after hearing the logic behind the thinking..... and then the update came and the people cried out" My toon is gimp now!!..................... and game performance still was not transformed in something better than before.

The squirrels running the generator that powers the game are tired..... they need some R&R time to recharge. Maybe only work them in 4 hour shifts

LXP
02-23-2015, 10:25 AM
From notes:

<Sarcasm ON>

No way, why should software users actually bother to report bugs? Usually they just disappear by themselves, right?

But then, maybe a low bug report rate corresponds to a low bugfix rate, in a miraculously mysterious way. Hmmmm...

<Sarcasm OFF>

<Facepalm>

WhiiteWolf
02-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Hello All,

Just like to comment on two things,

1) People worrying about TOEE ( NWO ) being released before DDO version????? NWO will never be as good as DDO, ( On DDO's worst Day )

2) As to the comment of the level cap for DDO Please don't keep raising the cap, in the interest of feeding Uber player ego's, if anything if DDO wants to help with this, then I think there should be a TR path that would allow these players completions to have their own God-Mode Server/Instance , this way they can't use these characters to run around and collect all the goodies for lower level players.

I just don't want to see DDO become a game where all you see are Gods running around in game if I wanted that I would go back to NWO, or possible download WOW. NOTTTT!!!!!!! I will always Play DDO, frankly, it's the only online game that I tried and actually felt like spending money on , I'm still here and I have spent really money on points packs and Quests, and will still do so , keep up the good work DDO, and I am looking forward to Turbine's version of TOEE. Keep the PnP feel going, even though it isn't PnP.

Cheers, W.W.

General_Gronker
02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
I just don't want to see DDO become a game where all you see are Gods running around in game Then you should close your eyes, since that ship long sailed.

Keep the PnP feel going,The only people who think DDO has the pnp feel are people who haven't actually played the pnp games.

Fedora1
02-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Minimum Level 16 Eveningstar Cormyrean weapons now have 1.5[W] damage across all weapon types.

This sounds good, but I am at a loss to come up with examples. Anyone help me out?

zaphear
02-23-2015, 10:36 AM

Guessing this was causing lag issues with instances piling up due to having Remnants stuck in them keeping them open.

Powskier
02-23-2015, 10:37 AM
if there are Godlike players,why do they need Godlike ship buffs? oh yea,they dont need them..the easy button won , and ddo can sell big ships we dont even need. / Sattanic hails himself

Steelstar
02-23-2015, 10:41 AM
This sounds good, but I am at a loss to come up with examples. Anyone help me out?

These are the weapons from the Eveningstar Challenge Traders.

WanderingGrump
02-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Mysterious Remnant non-chest drops now disappear after three minutes.

Is there a reason that the non-chest remnant's don't behave like the current epic scroll/token fragments of the twelve drops and just auto collect into a bag? Do we truly need to go searching for such TINY little coins that often embed into the landscape?

I would think that making these behave as the Epic scroll/Token fragments would have been a no brainer and probably be something that doesn't cause extra lag with littering the landscape with extra light sources since lately it seems the lag monsters grows and those piles of little glowing lights on the ground will have an effect.

Fedora1
02-23-2015, 10:46 AM
These are the weapons from the Eveningstar Challenge Traders.

Oh okay, thank you.

Sunnie
02-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Is there a reason that the non-chest remnant's don't behave like the current epic scroll/token fragments of the twelve drops and just auto collect into a bag? Do we truly need to go searching for such TINY little coins that often embed into the landscape?

I would think that making these behave as the Epic scroll/Token fragments would have been a no brainer and probably be something that doesn't cause extra lag with littering the landscape with extra light sources since lately it seems the lag monsters grows and those piles of little glowing lights on the ground will have an effect.
Well, it's a small payoff for flower-sniffing. If you just run through you won't be able to pick them up, or at least not as many.

Cordovan
02-23-2015, 10:47 AM
The game worlds have opened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

Epitome
02-23-2015, 10:56 AM

Mysterious Remnant Rewards have been updated! Find the vendor in the Hall of Heroes.

Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers
These are intentionally identical items. We're choosing to put out a Cloak version and a Bracers version to make it easier to mix into the puzzle that is juggling items between your equipment slots.

Minimum Level 7: +15 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +11 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
Minimum Level 14: +30 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +18 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
Minimum Level 21: +45 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +25 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4

Sigh, these don't appear to be in the vendor unless I overlooked them.

slarden
02-23-2015, 11:04 AM
The game worlds have opened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

Honestly the only reason I kill anything in Trial By Fury other than one Yugoloth, a few reavers and the end boss is to avoid alert. That isn't even needed when soloing.

I hope this was performance related, because I am not just not seeing the need to reduce the # of enemies in an easy quest that is already a zerg fest when people are complaining about the game being too easy.

UurlockYgmeov
02-23-2015, 11:05 AM
They have said 30 will be it

for NOW (at least a year or two)

kauetomaz
02-23-2015, 11:23 AM
An update:

We are discussing some balance changes with the player's council, and one of them is to change the base for heavy armor from 45/30/15 to 30/20/10. The higher values were set before the PRR formula changed and when we changed other values to 2/3 to compensate we didn't change these values.

That would make the base for armor as follows:

Heavy Armor
- PRR: 30 + BAB + 6
- MRR: 30
Medium Armor
- PRR: 20 + (BAB * 2/3) +4
- MRR: 20
Light Armor
- PRR: 10 + (BAB/2) + 2
- MRR: 10

This change is specifically to cut down on the "slap some armor on" power and remove a bit of front loaded mitigation.

Right now we have mixed feedback from the players council. Many agree with the change. Others think making these changes will really upset the player base and isn't worth the small change in mitigation it provides. Others are worried about anything that will swing the pendulum back towards armor being useless.

Sev~
ohh look something currently being discussed and it somehow made its way to live without being on the notes. why am i not surprised *facepalm*

WhiiteWolf
02-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Then you should close your eyes, since that ship long sailed.

The only people who think DDO has the pnp feel are people who haven't actually played the pnp games.

I have played many D&D PNP sessions with my friends, what ruined D&D PnP is that they kept putting new rules out and in the end they Made PnP too detailed instead of just letting the party of friends decide what would be normal or not normal for a game session, everything had to have a detailed reason for the action in the later rules for D&D PnP , all that did was create havoc IMHO, I can't remember as many arguments with the later rules made in D&D I had in PnP sessions, Monopoly never had that???? It was a game.

As for the PnP feel in DDO, it does have that feel, believe it or not, because there are not that many games online that have the ease of excess to join a group of strangers and still have a good time, if your regular group isn't on at the time, what kills the PUG group in DDo is that some LFM's are not clear enough on what they want. What I see most of the time, is a battle in groups between wanting to actually run the quest based on " JUST FUN " and others based on the quirky reasoning of the Time vs XP factor, and if the later is the norm for others LFM's then you may as well just let the main group wait at the door while the time vs. XP leader does the quest for the rest of those people.

NWO never had that party feel, in that game if for some reason you had to A.F.K. for a second, child stuff or the infamous DC you got vote kicked, or you just spent 30 plus min. helping and you get vote kicked out of your loot. And the grouping system in NWO was nothing, you basically filled out a resume just to do a quest in NWO.

Anyways getting off topic this is about my support for DDO now and in the future, it's the only game for me that I can come on and group with people I don't know while waiting for my static group and that means a lot and I sure as heck don't spend my time helping in DDO only to get vote kicked out of my loot in the end..

For me it's about coming on DDO and having some fun/downtime from the stresses of daily stuff, I have meant a lot of people from all over this Globe in DDO, I probably have in NWO as well but I wouldn't know it, because I only actually voice communicated with a hand full of people in that game, whereas DDO may not have the greatest in game voice but at least people talk to you here.

Cheers, W.W.

Krelar
02-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Sigh, these don't appear to be in the vendor unless I overlooked them.

Those are only going to be available during "festivals" not all the time.

Chi_Ryu
02-23-2015, 11:47 AM
ohh look something currently being discussed and it somehow made its way to live without being on the notes. why am i not surprised *facepalm*

Except... this is not on live. Just checked a heavy armour toon of mine, and the armour clearly gives me 51+BAB PRR & 45 MRR

Calinthus
02-23-2015, 02:54 PM

This.

jalont
02-23-2015, 03:58 PM
<Sarcasm ON>

No way, why should software users actually bother to report bugs? Usually they just disappear by themselves, right?

But then, maybe a low bug report rate corresponds to a low bugfix rate, in a miraculously mysterious way. Hmmmm...

<Sarcasm OFF>

<Facepalm>

To be fair, these string errors have existed for 2.5 years. It's not hard to assume that the devs should know about them by now.

JamnJD
02-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Honestly the only reason I kill anything in Trial By Fury other than one Yugoloth, a few reavers and the end boss is to avoid alert. That isn't even needed when soloing.

I hope this was performance related, because I am not just not seeing the need to reduce the # of enemies in an easy quest that is already a zerg fest when people are complaining about the game being too easy.

Not everyone runs this quest like you do. Some people actually run this and go for the optionals. And the DEVS probably have logs which show this to be true.

...J

Steelstar
02-23-2015, 04:05 PM

It was performance. On Elite or with a full party, 20+ spiders could spawn almost simultaneously in two parts of the quest.

DANTEIL
02-23-2015, 04:09 PM
It was performance. On Elite or with a full party, 20+ spiders could spawn almost simultaneously in two parts of the quest.

I've had that happen to me as well, when soloing on Hard with a hireling -- in the Might challenge where the spiders erupt from the ground over and over and over in big bunches.

Gauthaag
02-23-2015, 04:14 PM
problem with the spiders as it appeared to me was not in their number but in pretty strange collision geometry those mobs must have as they were placed into each other - making it almost impossible to target particular spider with spell and even problems with hitting one spider - usually solved by aoe attacks. well then due to number of spiders lot of data to process - but it wouldnt be imho an isue if speders have regular geometry like other mobs - unable to pass thru each other

slarden
02-23-2015, 04:38 PM

Thank you for the explanation this makes sense. I never experienced this, but I do know the two spots and since the party doesn't stick together all the time I can see this happening.

slarden
02-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Not everyone runs this quest like you do. Some people actually run this and go for the optionals. And the DEVS probably have logs which show this to be true.

...J

Indeed and I don't always run like this either. With some friends I zerg because they like to zerg - with others I move at a slower pace. When I start LFMs I never zerg.

Zerging is fine as long as it's not forced on others.

Seikojin
02-24-2015, 02:46 AM

Man, I thought that was by design! LOL

dontmater
02-24-2015, 03:28 AM

the same thing happens in about all the quests added after MoTU just so you know

Robai
02-24-2015, 03:42 PM

Conquest bonus was hard to achieve in that quest, but now even Aggression bonus is impossible (or almost impossible).
In other words, now it's 'zerg only' quest (it's was a good xp/min quest when zerged before, but now you must zerg there).

LXP
02-25-2015, 07:18 AM
I've had that happen to me as well, when soloing on Hard with a hireling -- in the Might challenge where the spiders erupt from the ground over and over and over in big bunches.

Same here, also in small groups.

LXP
02-25-2015, 07:20 AM
Zerging is fine as long as it's not forced on others.

Which unfortunately happens very often. Some people even use it as a strategy.