PDA

View Full Version : What makes a Quest Go From Complete to Uncomplete?

Kancamangus
02-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Hello all:

I recently completed Monastery of the Scorpion after great time spend dealing with those dang jets of air. Anyway, I completed the quest. I go off and do other things, reenter the gardens to try to get a rare encounter, and I noticed in my quest log that the quest is now pending not complete. I used a team of hirelings to complete it the first time. Then changed hirelings. Will that do it?

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Impaqt
02-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Hello all:

I recently completed Monastery of the Scorpion after great time spend dealing with those dang jets of air. Anyway, I completed the quest. I go off and do other things, reenter the gardens to try to get a rare encounter, and I noticed in my quest log that the quest is now pending not complete. I used a team of hirelings to complete it the first time. Then changed hirelings. Will that do it?

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

define "Pending"

Ive never seen this happen, I dont ever recall hearing about it even.

Did you pick up your end reward? Favor counted? Restart client if all else fails. I suspect its just a display glitch.

Krelar
02-17-2015, 10:15 AM
As I recall whenever you talk to the people in Reaver's Reach to go into the wilderness areas thy re-grant the quests to you if you don't already have them. You don't have top run it again unless you want to, you still have the favor and everything.

PsychoBlonde
02-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Hello all:

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Did you go pick up your end reward from the quest-giver after you completed the quest? Because it doesn't "complete" in your adventure log until you do this.

Greantun
02-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Hello all:

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Don't you have to re-pickup the quest to get back into the wilderness there? Most likely, to get the portal open, you said you wanted to re-run the quest, and it put it back in this mode (where the quest is pending).

You don't have to run it again.

Bluegirl_Two
02-17-2015, 12:05 PM
It is exactly as the others have explained. In order to open the portals and enter the wilderness areas you have to talk to the NPC. Talking to the NPC automatically grants the quest. A check of the quest log will show that you have the favor (based on difficulty level) and that will not change (unless you complete on a higher difficulty level).

There is a bug with the quest log where the favor may not show until you log out and log back in. That is a separate issue unrelated to what you are experiencing.

What you are seeing is normal and just a part of the way things work in that area.

Kancamangus
02-17-2015, 02:53 PM
It is exactly as the others have explained. In order to open the portals and enter the wilderness areas you have to talk to the NPC. Talking to the NPC automatically grants the quest. A check of the quest log will show that you have the favor (based on difficulty level) and that will not change (unless you complete on a higher difficulty level).

There is a bug with the quest log where the favor may not show until you log out and log back in. That is a separate issue unrelated to what you are experiencing.

What you are seeing is normal and just a part of the way things work in that area.

Thanks, all. This is exactly it. I have the favor. I did NOT want to have to run that quest again...

Bluegirl_Two
02-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Thanks, all. This is exactly it. I have the favor. I did NOT want to have to run that quest again...

If you soloed the quest or if it was the first time you've run it, I can see why you might not want to run it again. But, it has been one of the more popular quests and there are some people who really know it inside and out. Next time you decide to run the quest look for them. It is really pretty fun when run in a group that is familiar with the quest.

Kancamangus
02-18-2015, 11:00 PM
If you soloed the quest or if it was the first time you've run it, I can see why you might not want to run it again. But, it has been one of the more popular quests and there are some people who really know it inside and out. Next time you decide to run the quest look for them. It is really pretty fun when run in a group that is familiar with the quest.

That's pretty cool to hear. I did solo it, with hirelings. I don't get to run in groups. I will have to try. Thanks!

General_Gronker
02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
It is really pretty fun when run in a group that is familiar with the quest.

No, it really isn't.