PDA

View Full Version : FIXING Difficulty settings

Lauf
02-14-2015, 10:19 AM
as many have already noted before, the bravery streak xp associated with elites makes running them through heroics fairly mandatory, and thus forces new players into facing champions that they are in no way geared for.
so...
seems a possible solution to this could be having one setting of bravery, instead of hard streak and elite streak, just have "bravery streak". that way if newbies want to run a quest on hard, they could still fill up a team since the veterans won't mind joining in, as their streaks will be safe.

if however u wish to run it on elite, no prob, you'll get more xp.

Rofaust
02-16-2015, 07:08 AM
This might help a bit, but don't you think it would be better for grouping if we just did away with bravery streaks entirely? The extra xp is nice but running elites consecutively without flexibility doesn't really add anything to the game imho. If we really wanted to incentivize hard and elite wouldn't it be better just to increase their base xp at those difficulties? I think bravery is kind of a bad idea but streaks are worse. It was way easier to fill a group back when we didn't have them and we had a little more flexibility before the ideal of xp maximization got an iron grip for limiting our choices.

LuKaSu
02-16-2015, 08:28 AM
This might help a bit, but don't you think it would be better for grouping if we just did away with bravery streaks entirely? The extra xp is nice but running elites consecutively without flexibility doesn't really add anything to the game imho. If we really wanted to incentivize hard and elite wouldn't it be better just to increase their base xp at those difficulties? I think bravery is kind of a bad idea but streaks are worse. It was way easier to fill a group back when we didn't have them and we had a little more flexibility before the ideal of xp maximization got an iron grip for limiting our choices.

I'm on this same train of thought. I think the bravery streak is one of the main reasons that everyone feels compelled to run exclusively Elites. Probably if we didn't have that mindset, champions wouldn't be so bad -- if you don't want to mess with Champs, you'd just stay in lower difficulties.

All that being said, now that we DO have that mindset, do you think people would go back to other difficulties (and group/pug more) if it went away?

Qhualor
02-16-2015, 08:40 AM
I'm on this same train of thought. I think the bravery streak is one of the main reasons that everyone feels compelled to run exclusively Elites. Probably if we didn't have that mindset, champions wouldn't be so bad -- if you don't want to mess with Champs, you'd just stay in lower difficulties.

All that being said, now that we DO have that mindset, do you think people would go back to other difficulties (and group/pug more) if it went away?

For newer players yes though lfms for a long time would still say elite because it will still stay in your mindset. It would depend on the xp incentives, but it would take time. Heroics are almost always elite, but in epics there are a lot more hards. Epics are tricky because it all depends on how fast you want to level, loot, off destinies, sagas, etc. There's a viable argument for each epic difficulty depending on the player and how efficient they want to be.