PDA

View Full Version : Epic traps

Sytyxx
02-13-2015, 08:52 PM
I dont know how many player want, but for fun, the game need epic traps. My main have tons of trap parts but the strongest traps make 50d6 (max 300dmg) and its a lvl11 item.
New type of traps already would be cool. I think more spell traps or same effect traps, like Wall of Fire, Ice Storm. DC come from Rogua/Artificer lvl + int mod, dmg come from 2*disable device skill.
Any new stronger trap can make me happy.

(Sorry for my weak english, hope you understand me.)

UurlockYgmeov
02-13-2015, 08:57 PM
I dont know how many player want, but for fun, the game need epic traps. My main have tons of trap parts but the strongest traps make 50d6 (max 300dmg) and its a lvl11 item.
New type of traps already would be cool. I think more spell traps or same effect traps, like Wall of Fire, Ice Storm. DC come from Rogua/Artificer lvl + int mod, dmg come from 2*disable device skill.
Any new stronger trap can make me happy.

(Sorry for my weak english, hope you understand me.)

Been waiting for this post. :D

Use disable device like spellcraft/perform/heal to scale damage from PC's traps.

Could this be abused? Not really - only those with at least four (4) levels of artificer or rogue can make and use traps.

How much will this help? Lots - a pure arty or rogue should be able to push 120 Disable at current level cap. That would allow for 120% damage (OP wants 2 * disable device skill - so 240% damage)

could also scale the DC the same way.

This is a simple idea and fairly easy to code. I like it.

Hope my explaination is better.

Sehenry03
02-14-2015, 10:16 AM
/signed

Really no reason not to. Not like Rogues/Arty's are OP so any little help would be great.

Bloodskittle
02-15-2015, 10:22 PM
/signed

Not a bad idea and for artis/rogues who bother this will make a nice increase to what they can bring to their solo game and what they bring to a party.

Magil
02-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Could this be abused? Not really - only those with at least four (4) levels of artificer or rogue can make and use traps.

I do believe the Trapmaking feat can be attained with only one level of those two classes, but it would require other feats.

In either case, I like the idea of more traps.