PDA

View Full Version : Premium Storage?

Xathris
02-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Is it worth it to get premium storage upgrades? If so which ones? I was thinking of getting bags for collectables, but are they even worth it?

Bluegirl_Two
02-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Is it worth it to get premium storage upgrades? If so which ones? I was thinking of getting bags for collectables, but are they even worth it?

Bags are worth having but check in House J first. There is a vendor there that sells some bags. They might be enough for you.

You also get collectible bags as rewards from the Twelve and, IIRC, from the Gianthold series.

In general the extra space in the backpack and in the bank are useful as is extra space in the shared bank. But how useful will depend on you and your needs.

LuKaSu
02-13-2015, 02:55 PM

Personally, the only storage upgrades I'm willing to spend money on are the ones that are account-wide (shared bank stuff, etc). I keep an eye on the Auction House for unbound bags (collectables, ingredients, etc), so I can pass them around my characters if I need to.

That being said, the only things at all that I buy from the DDO store are account-wide items - races, classes, adventure packs, expansions (unless there's a reeeeaaally good sale on +X Hearts of Wood)

SirValentine
02-13-2015, 07:13 PM
It's possible to get Medium bags in-game for plat, and Large bags in-game from trade-ins, favor, or on AH from other players. You might eventually want to get a super-duper-big Ingredients bag, but I'm not sure it'd be a priority. Bags from store are bound-to-character, too, so be sure you get any on the right character.

Getting at least the basic Shared Bank is, I feel, invaluable, to let you pass things between characters. The larger upgrades to the Shared Bank are useful, but not nearly so much as the basic.

If you know you have one (or a very few) characters you are going to play a lot, the Character Inventory and Character Bank space are awesome! But, it's only for that 1 character. If you have many alts you play, that becomes a lot tougher.

The first upgrade to Bag Deposit, from 12 slots to like 200 or something, is nice. Never come close to needing more than 1 upgrade to it.

Xathris
02-14-2015, 11:00 AM
It's possible to get Medium bags in-game for plat, and Large bags in-game from trade-ins, favor, or on AH from other players. You might eventually want to get a super-duper-big Ingredients bag, but I'm not sure it'd be a priority. Bags from store are bound-to-character, too, so be sure you get any on the right character.

Getting at least the basic Shared Bank is, I feel, invaluable, to let you pass things between characters. The larger upgrades to the Shared Bank are useful, but not nearly so much as the basic.

If you know you have one (or a very few) characters you are going to play a lot, the Character Inventory and Character Bank space are awesome! But, it's only for that 1 character. If you have many alts you play, that becomes a lot tougher.

The first upgrade to Bag Deposit, from 12 slots to like 200 or something, is nice. Never come close to needing more than 1 upgrade to it.

What is bag deposit? Is it shared? I definitely would want shared stuff.

bonscott87
02-14-2015, 11:33 AM
What is bag deposit? Is it shared? I definitely would want shared stuff.

It was added to the shared bank a couple updates ago. When you pull up the shared bank there is a 2nd tab for bag deposit. Basically allows you to put all collectibles and frankly anything that goes into an inventory bag can go there. You get only 12 basic for free, well worth it for the first upgrade as noted. I also have the Plat Vault upgrade to the shared bank which allows you to pass plat between characters.

Magil
02-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Personally, the only storage upgrades I'm willing to spend money on are the ones that are account-wide (shared bank stuff, etc). I keep an eye on the Auction House for unbound bags (collectables, ingredients, etc), so I can pass them around my characters if I need to.

This is what I do. I would have a set of bags kept in the Shared Bank (which I purchased the first tier of) and would store everything in there. I'd keep either a Jorasco bag, or one of the free ones from the Harbor / Twelve / Cannith crafting tutor, depending on funds / level.

I had one red bag dedicated to all of the Marketplace items, another for misc "Other" items, and another bag for everything else.

I tossed whatever I could into the green bags, but I had one for just the essences.

Gems get sold whenever I sell or repair items, so I keep the largest bag for that whenever possible.