PDA

View Full Version : which server should i chose

ansons
02-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I haven't played ddo in awhile and I am wondering which server

I live in Australia but when im on is also when American are on due to I work in afternoon in aus so I want 1 where it has consistently have a lot of people in the server so I can do group quest

and I would also like to join a guild with a lot of active people for raids

I wish my game play to be enjoyable in a group social interaction like what I had when I used to play

skorpeon
02-12-2015, 03:33 AM
I haven't played ddo in awhile and I am wondering which server

I live in Australia but when im on is also when American are on due to I work in afternoon in aus so I want 1 where it has consistently have a lot of people in the server so I can do group quest

and I would also like to join a guild with a lot of active people for raids

I wish my game play to be enjoyable in a group social interaction like what I had when I used to play

I think more people should ask, but I think what I did (the second time around ) is to find a good guild first. Some are open to new players, I moved to G-land and have been happy there. But find a guild maybe that suits your preferred play style and the join their server.

RD2play
02-12-2015, 05:27 AM
I would say Gallanda, ... got some aussies out over here, they are not in my play time (Europe) regularly but I do see them around late at night, early morning

FranOhmsford
02-12-2015, 07:16 AM
In personal experience I find that at the time of day when Aussies and New Zealanders are playing there is a pretty low server pop on literally every server.

Sarlona has a large Chinese population playing in the mornings GMT {Australian Prime Time}.

Argo seems to have the largest actual Antipodean population but we're talking about the difference between 25 on Sarlona, Orien, Thelanis, G-Land, Cannith or Khyber and 40 on Argo! {Oh and maybe 1 on Wayfinder!}.

TrinityTurtle
02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Don't choose to start with, spend the first coupla days rolling a toon on each and seeing what the activity levels are during your average playtimes. A little time invested at the beginning would be well spent by finding the most optimal situation for your particular needs and save frustration down the road.

ansons
02-12-2015, 08:52 AM
In personal experience I find that at the time of day when Aussies and New Zealanders are playing there is a pretty low server pop on literally every server.

Sarlona has a large Chinese population playing in the mornings GMT {Australian Prime Time}.

Argo seems to have the largest actual Antipodean population but we're talking about the difference between 25 on Sarlona, Orien, Thelanis, G-Land, Cannith or Khyber and 40 on Argo! {Oh and maybe 1 on Wayfinder!}.

I play normally when Americans are on a lot more due to my afternoon shifts and I want to find a high population server and active guild
And I just wanna narrow down what servers to pick from

FranOhmsford
02-12-2015, 09:24 AM
I play normally when Americans are on a lot more due to my afternoon shifts and I want to find a high population server and active guild
And I just wanna narrow down what servers to pick from

Highest Pop. Server is Sarlona {as it holds the Default} - This holds quadruple for low level play as at this time in DDO's life Vets outnumber newbies on the other servers by a factor of 100!

Highest Pop. Servers historically - Independant of which actually holds the default {though obviously the current default quickly outstrips the others} and which tend to hold second, 3rd and 4th place on the list are:
Khyber {Historically the highest Pop Server but expect DRAMA!}
Thelanis {Currently hurting}
Ghallanda {Largest European Pop. so probably not the best choice if you play at East Coast US times.}

When Sarlona finally loses the default {which should by rights be pretty soon as it's held it for a while now} expect Argo to be next in line for the Default {Or Thelanis}.

Sunnie
02-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Don't choose to start with, spend the first coupla days rolling a toon on each and seeing what the activity levels are during your average playtimes. A little time invested at the beginning would be well spent by finding the most optimal situation for your particular needs and save frustration down the road.
This is good advice.

Doing this will also allow you to get a bunch of first-time favour rewards on all servers, which you can invest in adventure packs down the road.

zorander6
02-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Choose a different server each day, then you can roll different chars and get the favor rewards until you figure out which server makes you happiest (or least frustrated.)

Uska
02-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Khyber has some Aussie's Stormreach Thieves guild has a couple at least

Wh070aa
02-12-2015, 11:35 AM
I would say Galahada.

Also not Kyber. That server is lagging like crazy.

Uska
02-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I would say Galahada.

Also not Kyber. That server is lagging like crazy.

sadly Khyber is lagging

Livmo
02-12-2015, 12:50 PM
This is good advice.

Doing this will also allow you to get a bunch of first-time favour rewards on all servers, which you can invest in adventure packs down the road.

TT's advice is solid. I always forget that.

Also I've played on all the servers. Sadly I would avoid Kyber, just too much lag there for some reason. Sarlona and G-Land will have the most LFMs G-Land has the largest population of Aussies IMO. There are some on all servers, but seem to be more on G-Land based on my play times (PST). Thelanis has allot of nice people, but not as many LFMs. Wayfinder is good for the solo challange.