PDA

View Full Version : Please fix Stone of Epic Experience (from Otto's Box) to benefit fully from exp boost

MaximumCharisma
02-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Could we fix the Epic version of the experience stone to work with experience boosts the same way as the heroic one?

Per the description: The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone.

This is true but only worked up to 2,999,999 experience. That actually doesn't even cover a 50% store potion.

The heroic version does not seem to have this experience cap placed on it.

Thanks

Rofaust
02-11-2015, 06:37 AM
/not signed. Fix a pay-to-win feature with dev time that could be better spent doing literally anything else - no thanks.

General_Gronker
02-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Fix a pay-to-win Your position is automatically invalidated by your use of this nonsensical phrase. There is no winning in DDO, so there can be no pay to win.

If it applies to the Heroic versions, seems to me like it should apply to the epic versions. And if someone wants to pay to skip leveling and grind through some of the terrible design, it's no skin off my nose or yours.

TrinityTurtle
02-11-2015, 07:11 AM
I'm not convinced it's broken. I think they learned a lesson from the heroic one working with all the xp buffs and players skipping far larger chunks of the game than was originally intended. However, changing the heroic one is impractical, that genie has long escaped its bottle and is as charming as the one from Aladdin and would be well defended by the player base. You can't 'fix' something not broken.

Uska
02-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Your position is automatically invalidated by your use of this nonsensical phrase. There is no winning in DDO, so there can be no pay to win.

If it applies to the Heroic versions, seems to me like it should apply to the epic versions. And if someone wants to pay to skip leveling and grind through some of the terrible design, it's no skin off my nose or yours.

Funny for once we agree

LuKaSu
02-11-2015, 01:54 PM
There is no winning in DDO, so there can be no pay to win.

Oh my goodness, why has this gem of wisdom taken this long to get to us? Genius.

lifestaker
02-11-2015, 02:07 PM
There is no winning in DDO, so there can be no pay to win.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/dm2rrb.jpg

Winning

legendkilleroll
02-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Can call it pay to progress then

TrinityTurtle
02-11-2015, 02:41 PM

Which honestly in my opinion makes it even sadder that people complain about it. They can put in the time to earn things by grinding, or they can pay. We all use the same resources of Turbines when we play whether we are vip, prem, or f2p, and there is a system in place that allows people to play the game without ever spending a dime, and getting what they want through careful resource management and time. This is not an unfair system. And those motivated to play should be appreciated rathr than denigrated by those who don't on the basis that that money helps keep this game here to entertain us, with new things still coming out.

legendkilleroll
02-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Which honestly in my opinion makes it even sadder that people complain about it. They can put in the time to earn things by grinding, or they can pay. We all use the same resources of Turbines when we play whether we are vip, prem, or f2p, and there is a system in place that allows people to play the game without ever spending a dime, and getting what they want through careful resource management and time. This is not an unfair system. And those motivated to play should be appreciated rathr than denigrated by those who don't on the basis that that money helps keep this game here to entertain us, with new things still coming out.

I just dont like people who think they have accomplished something by buying everything, like the guy a year or so ago who bought all his lives and comes to forum for some type of recognition for being an uber completionist

TrinityTurtle
02-11-2015, 03:18 PM
I just dont like people who think they have accomplished something by buying everything, like the guy a year or so ago who bought all his lives and comes to forum for some type of recognition for being an uber completionist

However, he still is supporting the game, and if that is the route he wants to go is his option. Disliking him is also yours, but it seems like you are putting more energy into him than it's worth to me. He did have to play something, you can't do it completely quest free. And he his resources covered someone who doesn't pay Turbine anything. But do whatever makes you happy, same as he did and I do. :)

Deadlock
02-12-2015, 05:03 AM

"Pay not to play" would be more accurate. The ship's sailed on them, but I'd happily see them removed from the game, especially with the way they have been duped and exploited like crazy.

dunklezhan
02-12-2015, 05:24 AM
I read the OP and all I could think of was: because 2.99M XP in one huge chunk is not enough, already?!

On general principle though I have to agree with the OP - DDO has far too many instances of 'this does X except in these specific circumstances which you couldn't know about in advance' as it is, whether that's talking about the 3.5 stacking rules in general or stones of experience. Things should work consistently. That's not an unreasonable ask.

Dalsheel
02-12-2015, 06:39 AM
So the OP's problem is the 1xp missing to make it 3mil? Because 2mil + 50% pot makes 3mil, not more.

MaximumCharisma
02-12-2015, 07:12 AM
I read the OP and all I could think of was: because 2.99M XP in one huge chunk is not enough, already?!

On general principle though I have to agree with the OP - DDO has far too many instances of 'this does X except in these specific circumstances which you couldn't know about in advance' as it is, whether that's talking about the 3.5 stacking rules in general or stones of experience. Things should work consistently. That's not an unreasonable ask.

The general principle was what I wanted to point to. It took me by surprise when it did not work as the heroic version did. Naturally, I submitted a bug report which was given the "this is a known issue, but there is nothing we can do about it" response.

I then went to the forums looking for this issue and could not find it. I submitted a formal bug report here, but thought that this was a problem that could be fixed quite easily, either by fixing the cap on the experience or by changing the description to include the experience cap so that a person would know not to use a 50% potion prior to using the stone.

A 30% experience potion that comes with the box should currently work the same as a 50% one: 5% from Heroic Inspiration (VOM etc), 5% ship, 10% VIP bonus. That of course is if no other epic "bonus days" experience is available.

Rofaust
02-12-2015, 02:57 PM

That's what I meant lol If you look at the description of the Completionist feat it reads:

"You win DDO! You've leveled to 20 in every class, and for your effort can take this feat to get a +2 bonus to all skills and ability scores. When more classes are added, this feat will deactivate and you will need to gain those past lives before this benefit reactivates."

I stand by paying for lives to be pay-to-win, no hostility to differing opinions but I'm going by that standard.

Oxarhamar
02-12-2015, 03:19 PM

Meh, when players choose to purchase Otto's, XP pots, etc... from the DDO store to advance rapidly I just say "thank you" and keep on trucking along without those things.

Game is enjoyable enough for me without those things and if they want to support it so be it.

Besides where is said player now?
Moved on because, there is nothing else left for them?
Wasn't a long time before they were posting about having nothing to do in game.

SoulDuster
02-12-2015, 08:00 PM
I would very much like to see craftable augment's.

Therrias
02-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Could we fix the Epic version of the experience stone to work with experience boosts the same way as the heroic one?

Per the description: The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone.

This is true but only worked up to 2,999,999 experience. That actually doesn't even cover a 50% store potion.

The heroic version does not seem to have this experience cap placed on it.

Thanks

I'm not sure what the problem was. Both time I've used one it granted 3.2 million xp. (or perhaps 3.199999 million, same thing IMO)

Was this a recent change, or did you just forget to put your voice on and get ship buffed?

MaximumCharisma
02-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure what the problem was. Both time I've used one it granted 3.2 million xp. (or perhaps 3.199999 million, same thing IMO)

Was this a recent change, or did you just forget to put your voice on and get ship buffed?

No I did not forget. It was the 2,999,999 thing that really caught my eye. Without it being bugged or otherwise capped, it would not be possible that I know of to actually be awarded 2,999,999 exp from a stone. The weird thing is that 2,999,999 takes you from lvl 20 to 1 exp point from level 25. That is where the idea came about that it might be capped.

As you clearly state that you have used one without problems (likely to exactly 3.2 million or some other number generated based upon your current buffs) then I think that there may be an issue with the stone. I used two last weekend with the same effect. One was as a Human and the next on a Sun Elf.

I plan to use another one on Saturday. If I hear nothing of this bug affecting any other players, I will report back with my findings. Again, its less about how much exp is awarded me and more about knowing where the effectiveness of buffs end, thus saving my 50% potions for when I am on Heroic lives (eg. "pow for point")

Thank you for taking the time to respond on topic.

MaximumCharisma
02-18-2015, 07:00 AM
I was able to use another stone. This time it awarded me 2,999,999 exp vice 3,000,000. The difference here is that I went and got a few experience points prior to using it. The dialogue box said "using this stone will advance you to level 24 with 3,000,000 experience to reach lvl 25" which does not make sense either.

The Stone does appear to be bugged.

Should I submit another bug report on this issue? If so, should I do it from this site or from the in-game tool?

Thanks

Fedora1
02-18-2015, 07:17 AM
I stand by paying for lives to be pay-to-win, no hostility to differing opinions but I'm going by that standard.

Are you VIP, or even Premium? By your definition either of those would qualify you as pay-to-win, because you paid for something that gave you an advantage over someone who is completely FTP and never bought anything.

Remember, if no one EVER buys anything, this game goes bye-bye. So all those people you consider PTW are subsidizing the game for everyone who does not PTW.

So either you support the game or you free load. One or the other.

No hostility here either, this is just my observation/opinion.

Rofaust
02-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Are you VIP, or even Premium? By your definition either of those would qualify you as pay-to-win, because you paid for something that gave you an advantage over someone who is completely FTP and never bought anything.

Remember, if no one EVER buys anything, this game goes bye-bye. So all those people you consider PTW are subsidizing the game for everyone who does not PTW.

So either you support the game or you free load. One or the other.

No hostility here either, this is just my observation/opinion.

There's a difference between paying for quests and paying for lives. Even paid for quests you have to earn your xp from playing those quests and in the process gain actual game experience. Using advantage to help you achieve your goal is not the same as buying the goal whole-sale (digging with a shovel vs. digging with your hands vs. paying someone else to dig the hole for you and then bragging about being a hole-digging completionist). Completionist used to be a badge of honor - something you had to earn through grinding and persistence. People are so defensive of stones lol must have burned a lot of cash on otto's boxes

MaximumCharisma
02-19-2015, 07:39 PM
There's a difference between paying for quests and paying for lives. Even paid for quests you have to earn your xp from playing those quests and in the process gain actual game experience. Using advantage to help you achieve your goal is not the same as buying the goal whole-sale (digging with a shovel vs. digging with your hands vs. paying someone else to dig the hole for you and then bragging about being a hole-digging completionist). Completionist used to be a badge of honor - something you had to earn through grinding and persistence. People are so defensive of stones lol must have burned a lot of cash on otto's boxes

Since the topic of p2w came up, I would like to simply say that the ship sailed in 2009 with the hybrid model. We all knew then that things like exp pots and timer bypasses would make it into the game. These epic stones don't auto grant me past lives and as such are far more comparable to exp potions than to "buying the goal whole-sale".

But on topic, the stone 3 times now has not worked as described...I really don't care that much and if they offered to sell me more, perhaps I would buy more.

Although all the talk about p2w in this thread was foreseen, I am surprised that only one person who has actually used a stone has posted a comment.

Nuclear_Elvis
02-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Anything that is generating revenue for Turbine and is broken should be fixed, regardless anyone's feelings. The game exists primarily to earn revenue for a business, so if that part of the equation fails -- we don't have a game, folks.

Secondarily, this whole debate of "pay to ___" (insert your special word...) --- I hope all complainers here put their car up for sale on Ebay tomorrow and start riding their bike to work, because you're paying for time! And - that's what an Otto's Box buys -- time. It takes less time to level. We may translate to some XP value, but it equates to less time spent playing to achieve another level/life...just like that car you own enables less time to get to work, so please Mr. Complainer go sell your car, then buy your bicycle and put on your sign that says "Refusing to Pay to Win" on your back...

Full Disclosure: I haven't ever bought an Otto's Box and have no intentions to at this time.

Rofaust
02-21-2015, 05:59 AM
Anything that is generating revenue for Turbine and is broken should be fixed, regardless anyone's feelings. The game exists primarily to earn revenue for a business, so if that part of the equation fails -- we don't have a game, folks.

Secondarily, this whole debate of "pay to ___" (insert your special word...) --- I hope all complainers here put their car up for sale on Ebay tomorrow and start riding their bike to work, because you're paying for time! And - that's what an Otto's Box buys -- time. It takes less time to level. We may translate to some XP value, but it equates to less time spent playing to achieve another level/life...just like that car you own enables less time to get to work, so please Mr. Complainer go sell your car, then buy your bicycle and put on your sign that says "Refusing to Pay to Win" on your back...

Full Disclosure: I haven't ever bought an Otto's Box and have no intentions to at this time.

Let's just cut out the middle man and give Turbine all of our paycheck so they can tell us we're pretty ;) I'm sure we can buy that title too without earning it.

Nuclear_Elvis
02-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Let's just cut out the middle man and give Turbine all of our paycheck so they can tell us we're pretty ;) I'm sure we can buy that title too without earning it.

Humorous! But - even the silly one-liner comes with flawed logic -- "earning" is a matter of perspective. Those who earned the money to pay for your hypothetical have in fact "earned" something, albeit tertiary.

Sehenry03
02-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Meh, when players choose to purchase Otto's, XP pots, etc... from the DDO store to advance rapidly I just say "thank you" and keep on trucking along without those things.

Game is enjoyable enough for me without those things and if they want to support it so be it.

Besides where is said player now?
Moved on because, there is nothing else left for them?
Wasn't a long time before they were posting about having nothing to do in game.

This 100%

Also it has no impact whatsoever if someone else uses an xp stone so I love how people can be "offended" by it LOL.

Keep buying them you are helping to support DDO.

Qhualor
02-21-2015, 12:44 PM

That analogy has been used before and irrelevant because we are playing a game with people, or at least some of us want to. We already have issues with finding players to play with. An Otto's makes it even worse.

Sehenry03
02-21-2015, 12:47 PM
That analogy has been used before and irrelevant because we are playing a game with people, or at least some of us want to. We already have issues with finding players to play with. An Otto's makes it even worse.

Which is fine except it is none of your business if they want to get an instant 3mill xp. Zero. Nada. None.

You have no right in any way whatsoever to tell people they shouldn't buy an xp stone because you want someone to level with. There will ALWAYS be someone that will be in the level range of the person using the stone for them to group with.

Qhualor
02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Which is fine except it is none of your business if they want to get an instant 3mill xp. Zero. Nada. None.

You have no right in any way whatsoever to tell people they shouldn't buy an xp stone because you want someone to level with. There will ALWAYS be someone that will be in the level range of the person using the stone for them to group with.

Woa, slow down that horse cowboy. I didn't say anything like that. My issue with Otto's is with Turbine, not the people that buy them.

Sehenry03
02-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Woa, slow down that horse cowboy. I didn't say anything like that. My issue with Otto's is with Turbine, not the people that buy them.

LOL sorry. My issue is mainly with the people who scream that an otto's box is a p2w thing. I'm sorry but getting 1 PL at a faster rate is not p2w to me. Xp pots are not p2w either. They are simply a convenience for those who don't mind spending a little money to level a bit faster. Someone wants to spend $1k on xp boxes then plz do. They are helping to keep DDO up more then most other people in the game. To me that means the "p2w" crowd are pulling their weight better then the non "p2w" crowd.

P2W is being able to buy powerful items at your leisure. Timers are even a p2w feature.

Anyone screaming an xp stone is a p2w needs to seriously re-evaluate themselves lol

And yes I have used an epic stone when I was doing an epic life I HATED. Heroic though I don't get as its already fast and easy to lvl up in heroics.

Nuclear_Elvis
02-21-2015, 01:38 PM

I understand your desire for grouping, playing with others, and we are in agreement that grouping in an MMORPG matters. However, your logic trail doesn't connect a sound argument. The Otto's Boxes in themselves do not prevent players from grouping. There is no evidence nor sound argument that sales of Otto's Boxes have led to declining group-play in the game.

It is relevant for Turbine to generate revenue. With revenue, the game continues -- without revenue, the game withers and dies. If the game withers and dies, you have no one to group with in DDO. Therefore, it can be summarized: Revenue generating items in the game should have the full support of the social/grouping player base (which you are a part of based on your own words).

Qhualor
02-21-2015, 03:02 PM
I understand your desire for grouping, playing with others, and we are in agreement that grouping in an MMORPG matters. However, your logic trail doesn't connect a sound argument. The Otto's Boxes in themselves do not prevent players from grouping. There is no evidence nor sound argument that sales of Otto's Boxes have led to declining group-play in the game.

It is relevant for Turbine to generate revenue. With revenue, the game continues -- without revenue, the game withers and dies. If the game withers and dies, you have no one to group with in DDO. Therefore, it can be summarized: Revenue generating items in the game should have the full support of the social/grouping player base (which you are a part of based on your own words).

skipping ~18 levels is not a sound argument and it doesn't prevent players from grouping? there is no evidence that lfms are hard to fill but many people do experience those problems. Ottos reduces the potential chance for grouping. instead of actually playing and leveling your character, you instead are skipping a huge portion of the game. epics not so much since there is less restriction, but still does have an affect.

it is relevant for Turbine to generate revenue and ive even been quite happy with their change of P2W direction lately. I griped for a long time that they lacked imagination to generate a revenue because they relied heavily on selling bypassing parts of the game. ive applauded them for coming up with some great ideas on more content, mirror of glamoring, making the VIP sub more attractive, openly addressing the lag issues, adjusting the xp curve as the level cap grew and many other things. ive enjoyed not ranting about P2W for many months now because I have noticed some turnarounds and I know nothing is going to be removed or changed with the old P2W stuff like raid timer bypass, tomes and Ottos, but it still does have an eventual negative impact on the game as a whole. I will always support Turbine for generating revenue, but I wont support items that generate a revenue that also affects the player base negatively.

Nuclear_Elvis
02-21-2015, 06:38 PM
... I will always support Turbine for generating revenue, but I wont support items that generate a revenue that also affects the player base negatively.

Q - I'm with ya on the overall sentiment, but consider this - some percentage (not sure what, but I bet it's high) are buying Otto's Boxes just to get an extra Past Life/Epic Past Life Feat. It really boils down to paying for a feat also, and paying for the time required to normally game to get that Feat. This is no different than buying a character specific item in the DDO Store, like the large Cookie Jar or something. That same player/character who used the Otto's Box -- while you and I are dorking around on this Forum, he may have already Reincarnated back to the same level as your main. You can still Party/Group with that person again -- and even if that player does not TR/Epic Reinc, and goes all the way to level 28 and plays there only, you'd meet up with them again if you continue to play. Either way, even in just this scenario with only 2 players in perspective, you still group/Party with that player again - someday/somehow, and others do as well.

I simply can't support any argument that says Otto's Boxes have any bearing at all on grouping/Party play - there's nothing to support this. If the player base is group/party averse, or there is a shrinking population -- those could be other reasons that LFM dynamics are changing, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater!

Qhualor
02-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Q - I'm with ya on the overall sentiment, but consider this - some percentage (not sure what, but I bet it's high) are buying Otto's Boxes just to get an extra Past Life/Epic Past Life Feat. It really boils down to paying for a feat also, and paying for the time required to normally game to get that Feat. This is no different than buying a character specific item in the DDO Store, like the large Cookie Jar or something. That same player/character who used the Otto's Box -- while you and I are dorking around on this Forum, he may have already Reincarnated back to the same level as your main. You can still Party/Group with that person again -- and even if that player does not TR/Epic Reinc, and goes all the way to level 28 and plays there only, you'd meet up with them again if you continue to play. Either way, even in just this scenario with only 2 players in perspective, you still group/Party with that player again - someday/somehow, and others do as well.

I simply can't support any argument that says Otto's Boxes have any bearing at all on grouping/Party play - there's nothing to support this. If the player base is group/party averse, or there is a shrinking population -- those could be other reasons that LFM dynamics are changing, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater!

I would not compare a cookie jar that holds your cookies to an Ottos Box that allows you to instantly skip 18 levels of the game.

yes, there are some that buy a box and are already back to level 1 and right back to posting lfms or getting their friends together to start actually playing the game. than you have those that don't and that means less potential grouping options or it slants those options. im more concerned about the glass half empty than I am about the glass half full. meeting up with them in epics doesn't help the situation right now. in the meantime, one more reason why its harder to get a group together and it adds to a level of frustration for players that want people to play with. retaining players should be a priority, not adding ways to frustrate them over trivial things.

theres nothing officially to support Ottos having a negative impact on grouping just like there will not be anything official to support there is a positive impact. the only real "proof" that will ever come is when you actually observe the lfm and listen to players in groups and watch chat channels during the time Ottos is in the store and soon after. that is something I have been doing unofficially for 5 years. I see Ottos as a way to skip a lot of levels and a lot of content and do notice a decline in options or at best making the options lopsided. it baffles me why you think it has no bearing.

Rofaust
02-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Humorous! But - even the silly one-liner comes with flawed logic -- "earning" is a matter of perspective. Those who earned the money to pay for your hypothetical have in fact "earned" something, albeit tertiary.

Thank you lol I majored in logic and started a minor in acting and comedy. "Earned" is a relative term true but money from outside the game isn't relevant to anything you've done in the game. You could argue that giving money has meta-game significance - helping turbine perhaps - but then I'd argue you should get meta-game recognition for it - player spotlight - not the in-game prestige of completionist which implies you put in the time and effort grinding when you didn't necessarily want to grind to earn that achievement. There's also no mechanism to ensure that the money you give to Turbine was earned (tertiarily) working an honest day's living; the buyer could be the heir to a family fortune, a drug lord or just a spoiled kid with loving parents. That's the problem with capitalism: it doesn't care who holds the dollar or whether honors are bought or earned. For me personally, playing ddo is escapism - trying to get away from that world where I matter less because don't make a lot of money. I know you'll say the ship has sailed but I don't like seeing it intrude into the game - I like to see people achieve because they work hard not because they have a lot of money. Dungeons and Dragons has been part of my life since I was a kid, and since I don't see my old group anymore ddo is important to me too. So I will fight for fairness in whatever capacity I can, even if it's just complaining on the forums :P

To be clear I don't have a vendetta against the whole box, just the stones as the main feature. Grinding builds character, bypassing with a stone does not. Even with xp pots you still have to grind somewhat.

Fedora1
02-21-2015, 08:58 PM
You could argue that giving money has meta-game significance - helping turbine perhaps - but then I'd argue you should get meta-game recognition for it - player spotlight - not the in-game prestige of completionist which implies you put in the time and effort grinding when you didn't necessarily want to grind to earn that achievement.

So in order to achieve in-game prestige (whatever that is) one must endure boredom doing something they do not like doing during what should be an enjoyable past time?

Sorry, but you don't pay me to play the game. When I have free time, I spend it doing something I like doing. Remember this is a GAME. Something we do for FUN. There is no such thing as in-game prestige. There is e-peen and ego, but not real prestige. I do not admire anyone for being able to play a game skillfully. I admire them if they are friendly, helpful, or just fun to be around.

If I want "prestige" I will do something in real life that is meaningful like volunteer at a soup kitchen or something.

Qhualor
02-21-2015, 09:07 PM
So in order to achieve in-game prestige (whatever that is) one must endure boredom doing something they do not like doing during what should be an enjoyable past time?

I think its boring re-running a quest multiple times for loot that I want sometimes. maybe Turbine should sell an item that can instantly spawn the item that I want in a chest. I shouldn't have to endure that boredom.

Fedora1
02-22-2015, 06:47 PM
I think its boring re-running a quest multiple times for loot that I want sometimes. maybe Turbine should sell an item that can instantly spawn the item that I want in a chest. I shouldn't have to endure that boredom.

Or maybe you can enjoy the game without all the best stuff all the time. If you don't enjoy it, why do it? And I can understand if you want the item, but I don't give you any "prestige points" for running the same quest a couple dozen times.

Edit: It's entirely possible I missed some irony or humor in your post. If so I apologize.

Qhualor
02-22-2015, 07:13 PM
Or maybe you can enjoy the game without all the best stuff all the time. If you don't enjoy it, why do it? And I can understand if you want the item, but I don't give you any "prestige points" for running the same quest a couple dozen times.

Edit: It's entirely possible I missed some irony or humor in your post. If so I apologize.

I don't even have half the best stuff in the game. too busy doing past lives and wondering why im still doing it when I don't need them.

you were saying why go through the boredom of past lives/leveling and my response was /sarcasm but on the same line as going through the boredom to get what I want.

MaximumCharisma
02-28-2015, 10:17 AM
I used another (4th) epic experience stone and it worked as it has previously. This time I decided to see if perhaps it was due to my destiny not being capped. I loaded a capped destiny and clicked the stone. It gave me the same bugged message saying that it would take me to lvl 24 with 3,000,000 exp to reach lvl 25.

I decided not to use it this way and instead capped an otherwise unused destiny.

Again, it gave me 2,999,999 experience/karma but should have been 3,000,000 as I only had a 30% potion running. (10% VIP + 5% Voice + 5% Ship + 30% Superior Exp Potion)

A simple fix if this is intended would be to adjust the description of the item to mention the limit that the experience boosting effects have on the base exp of the stone.

MaximumCharisma
03-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I used another one (5th so far) and it worked just as all the others had.

Simple solution for now would be to state that it provides up to 2,999,999 experience when combined with experience boosting effects. This would at least address the possibility of a person spending money on 50% experience potions only to find out that they provide no added bonus.

hunzi2010
03-12-2015, 09:46 PM

Spot On..... Couldn't have said it better myself....

Ok, so lets look at my scenario... I work 6 days a week. I have been playing for nearly 5 years. I love the game that I am VIP, so I am supporting something I love. I also spend money on TP, so that's more of an investment.
Here is my problem, I'm lucky to play maybe 2-3 hours a night. in that time take out 1/2 hour for loading, swapping and inventory management. so on a good night I get to play properly 1.5-2 hours.
now some quests or raid take literally 30/45 min - 1hr. so lets say 30min I can run 3-4 quests. everyone agree on this?
Where the hell do I find time to then farm for gear, v's the free player that doesn't spend a cent that has no job and plays for 16hrs a day? giving back zero to a game he also loves.
then im told its not fair that the free player spent 16 hours farming and im able to assist my toon by purchasing something cos I don't have the time.

this is the perspective that I deal with every day. call it pay to win call it unfair but if I could farm for my +6 tome every day for 16hrs a day I would, but seeing as I cant, and im sick of my toons getting left behind compared to other peoples, when +6 tomes come on sale I will buy them. and did buy them.

Cheers....

JJMC895610
03-12-2015, 09:59 PM
This is most likely a floating point error not related to the stone. IIRC it is the VIP bonus that has the error.

flaggson
03-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Spot On..... Couldn't have said it better myself....

Ok, so lets look at my scenario... I work 6 days a week. I have been playing for nearly 5 years. I love the game that I am VIP, so I am supporting something I love. I also spend money on TP, so that's more of an investment.
Here is my problem, I'm lucky to play maybe 2-3 hours a night. in that time take out 1/2 hour for loading, swapping and inventory management. so on a good night I get to play properly 1.5-2 hours.
now some quests or raid take literally 30/45 min - 1hr. so lets say 30min I can run 3-4 quests. everyone agree on this?
Where the hell do I find time to then farm for gear, v's the free player that doesn't spend a cent that has no job and plays for 16hrs a day? giving back zero to a game he also loves.
then im told its not fair that the free player spent 16 hours farming and im able to assist my toon by purchasing something cos I don't have the time.

this is the perspective that I deal with every day. call it pay to win call it unfair but if I could farm for my +6 tome every day for 16hrs a day I would, but seeing as I cant, and im sick of my toons getting left behind compared to other peoples, when +6 tomes come on sale I will buy them. and did buy them.

Cheers....

+1

legendkilleroll
03-13-2015, 07:45 AM

Cheers....

Who ever called it unfair? Love the excuse people give that their supporting the game, i bet most of the people that buy their lives dont give a damn about turbine

Sorry you dont got the time but tomes aint gonna make you be left behind, i have no 6s, only a few 5s, id take a capable player who knows what their doing over a guy with all lives/tomes and no clue how to play their character, which is happening alot more in recent times.

Carry on buying stuff, i cant stop you, just dont start telling me how your a uber completionist because in my mind people who do it that way are not.

Monkey-Boy
03-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Carry on buying stuff, i cant stop you, just dont start telling me how your a uber completionist because in my mind people who do it that way are not.

PLs have nothing to do with your level of ubberness, the power exists between the keyboard and chair.

So why care other than sour grapes?

legendkilleroll
03-13-2015, 08:08 AM
PLs have nothing to do with your level of ubberness, the power exists between the keyboard and chair.

So why care other than sour grapes?

Completionist has never been a goal of mine, I have one epic completionist

Just makes me laugh that people brag and claim an achievement after buying lives or sitting in crucible all the time

Monkey-Boy
03-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Just makes me laugh that people brag and claim an achievement after buying lives or sitting in crucible all the time

Those people should be mocked, same with legit completionists who are terrible players.

Was the OP bragging about this being an "achievement"? I didn't see it.

legendkilleroll
03-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Those people should be mocked, same with legit completionists who are terrible players.

Was the OP bragging about this being an "achievement"? I didn't see it.

Dont think so, this post was awhile back, I just responded to the guy who replied to me