PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Ideas

janave
02-06-2015, 03:09 AM
I recently rolled up a Sun Elf paladin 14/1 cleric, who is specialized in thf and using Mauls. I find this character to be very enjoyable, however i noticed a lack of *really good* big hammers to look after.

I have had a few hammers in mind that i would find desirable to loot: ( Id expect these coming from challenging content, maybe raid(like) content even), i tried adding mostly existing effects.

ML14-15 Maul of Grace

Base: +1 1d10 x3/20
Effects:
1) Charisma Modifier Bumps Up the Enchantment Bonus (similar to Midnight Greetings) to +8 max.
2) Massive Impact = On a natural roll of 20, the critical multiplier gains +1 (similar to the Bow of Sinew)
3) On-hit 10% = 6d6 AoE Blunt Damage (Scaling with Melee Power)
4) Hidden effect : If paladin, cleric or fvs levels = this weapon gain "Righteous" (preferably unhidden if equipped on player with the relevant class levels)

ML16-17 Hammer of Destruction

Base: +3 1d16 x3/20
Effects:
1) Greater Viscious 3d6 (dmg to self too)
2) Improved Destruction
3) On-Hit: Chance to apply vulnerability up to 10%
4) -1 CON Curse on equip

ML11-13 Hammer of Speed

Base: +2 1d10 x3/19-20
Effects:
1) +20% Melee alacrity
2) On Vorpal: Apply Shaken effect

ML17-19 Divinity

Base: +5 1d20 x3/20
Effects:
1) Divine Affinity: If proficient with mauls, your "righteous weapons" enhancement line applies to mauls even if it is not your deities favored weapon.
2) Holy Burst
3) Good Blast

Thats it for now,
i hope you dont spill drinks in outrage :D

Rofaust
02-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Hammers!?!? Oh no!! My Hater-aid, it's everywhere!! Where are the light hammers for SB?!?!

janave
02-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Hammers!?!? Oh no!! My Hater-aid, it's everywhere!! Where are the light hammers for SB?!?!

-or you could have made a constructive thread about light hammers added

LuKaSu
02-06-2015, 11:05 AM
I recently rolled up a Sun Elf paladin 14/1 cleric, who is specialized in thf and using Mauls. I find this character to be very enjoyable, however i noticed a lack of *really good* big hammers to look after.

I have had a few hammers in mind that i would find desirable to loot: ( Id expect these coming from challenging content, maybe raid(like) content even), i tried adding mostly existing effects.

ML14-15 Maul of Grace

Base: +1 1d10 x3/20
Effects:
1) Charisma Modifier Bumps Up the Enchantment Bonus (similar to Midnight Greetings) to +8 max.
2) Massive Impact = On a natural roll of 20, the critical multiplier gains +1 (similar to the Bow of Sinew)
3) On-hit 10% = 6d6 AoE Blunt Damage (Scaling with Melee Power)
4) Hidden effect : If paladin, cleric or fvs levels = this weapon gain "Righteous" (preferably unhidden if equipped on player with the relevant class levels)

ML16-17 Hammer of Destruction

Base: +3 1d16 x3/20
Effects:
1) Greater Viscious 3d6 (dmg to self too)
2) Improved Destruction
3) On-Hit: Chance to apply vulnerability up to 10%
4) -1 CON Curse on equip

ML11-13 Hammer of Speed

Base: +2 1d10 x3/19-20
Effects:
1) +20% Melee alacrity
2) On Vorpal: Apply Shaken effect

ML17-19 Divinity

Base: +5 1d20 x3/20
Effects:
1) Divine Affinity: If proficient with mauls, your "righteous weapons" enhancement line applies to mauls even if it is not your deities favored weapon.
2) Holy Burst
3) Good Blast

Thats it for now,
i hope you dont spill drinks in outrage :D

I still think they should have a "design your own item" opportunity. They would give us a list of options (for example, each item on this list increases min level by 2, this list by 4, this list by 6, etc., like Cannith crafting has, and you can only choose one item from this other list), and we'd select the properties, but we'd have to also build up a lore around the item.

I like your ideas, keep 'em coming!