PDA

View Full Version : Jibbers Blade and Death Pact

janave
02-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Hey there,

Anyone knows if we can cast Death Pact successfully after activating Jibbers Blade? Basically for a self raise attempt?

Thank you!

Nefatron
02-04-2015, 03:53 AM
I'd LOVE to get a solution to this... Ive tried several ways to avoid that 2nd death penalty but have come up with zip...

If anybody has some great ideas or know if this one works.... please post.

It's the first piece of loot I pull out of cache after TR. It's crazy usefull, Just not sure if it is WAI by not being able to get a raise till you die again.

has to be something we can do.

Steelstar
02-04-2015, 08:12 AM
I'd LOVE to get a solution to this... Ive tried several ways to avoid that 2nd death penalty but have come up with zip...

If anybody has some great ideas or know if this one works.... please post.

It's the first piece of loot I pull out of cache after TR. It's crazy usefull, Just not sure if it is WAI by not being able to get a raise till you die again.

has to be something we can do.

The intended functionality is to raise you, in undead form, for one minute. After the minute, if you're still up, you die again. You're not able to be 'raised' in that form, just as you wouldn't be able to raise a Pale Master player in one of their forms.

Using Death Pact in that state brings you back to (regular, non-undead) life as soon as the Blade's effect expires. You still technically die, and get the second round of Death penalties, though.

The death at the end of the Blade's effect is not meant to be avoidable by any means. :)

Nefatron
02-04-2015, 08:16 AM
The intended functionality is to raise you, in undead form, for one minute. After the minute, if you're still up, you die again. You're not able to be 'raised' in that form, just as you wouldn't be able to raise a Pale Master player in one of their forms.

Using Death Pact in that state brings you back to (regular, non-undead) life as soon as the Blade's effect expires. You still technically die, and get the second round of Death penalties, though.

The death at the end of the Blade's effect is not meant to be avoidable by any means. :)

Noted thnks for reply

LuKaSu
02-04-2015, 09:47 AM

Still, whoever invented that item... fantastic job, what a fun mechanic

Connman
02-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Still, whoever invented that item... fantastic job, what a fun mechanic

I agree, it really feels like is was designed with zergers in mind, or will make you one!

EllisDee37
02-04-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm confused by the item. Does it have to be equipped to be used, like all other items? If so, how do you equip it when you're dead?

Hobgoblin
02-04-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm confused by the item. Does it have to be equipped to be used, like all other items? If so, how do you equip it when you're dead?

its like a perma cake. just click on it in your inv

janave
02-04-2015, 11:48 AM
its like a perma cake. just click on it in your inv

Steelstar above explained how it works,
it is not like a cake

Krelar
02-04-2015, 12:01 PM
it is not like a cake

It's like a cake in that you just click on it in your inventory/hotbar when you're dead. No need to equip it. (It's not equip able anyways)

Hobgoblin
02-04-2015, 12:46 PM
it is not like a cake

i was talking about the mechanism and that it doesnt have to be equipped

hob

LeoLionxxx
02-04-2015, 02:45 PM

I used this to good effect on my FVS last life. It should be noted that upon resurrection you will take increasing amounts of damage every few seconds. However, at that point you're once again vulnerable to positive energy, so you can keep yourself up for a while if you have reliable healing. However, eventually, the damage would, of course, one-shot you. Still, a nice little way to make it the extra distance to the shrine or finish off the last sliver of the boss' health.

Connman
02-04-2015, 03:01 PM
It is also good for the "strategic death" i.e. when you drag that great big giant mob around the corner, stop resisting the inevitable and die, then run around said corner to the shrine, realize you can't make it, use your blade to make it those last 2 feet, and then sneaky sneaky past said giant mob.

Nefatron
02-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Im surprised more people dont have one or go on farm runs for it...

Since i got mine its rite up there with my pale lavender for gotta have items.

Since i started playing it is mos def the best item that has came out... PERIOD...PERIOD!

and the max time you can keep up is 60 Seconds, they go fast.

JOTMON
02-04-2015, 05:00 PM

It is a fun unique item with a nicely balanced conflicting downside.. kudo's.

Handy for those moments where things go bad... you can raise yourself grab stones and run to a shrine, attempt to raise others to save the wipe.. and/or get those last shots in before the minute runs out.

It is usable in raids so thats a great bonus.