PDA

View Full Version : Old Fighter needs new set of clothes

seldarin
01-31-2015, 08:29 PM
I have a lvl 20 Human Fighter, that I don't know what to do with. I have been working on other chars, but would like to get some work done on him. Is it better to TR into Pally or will a high intimidate type THF, TWF or SnB work just as well? I can provide further info as required. Tomes not an issue, have +6s available, plus skill tomes, have plenty of gear available too.

36 point is available too.

Basically no option is out of reach, any advice gratefully received.

Ayseifn
01-31-2015, 09:04 PM
I have a lvl 20 Human Fighter, that I don't know what to do with. I have been working on other chars, but would like to get some work done on him. Is it better to TR into Pally or will a high intimidate type THF, TWF or SnB work just as well? I can provide further info as required. Tomes not an issue, have +6s available, plus skill tomes, have plenty of gear available too.

20 Fighter Vanguard could be alright but probably noticeably worse than paladin, I don't think the extra feats really do as much as what a paladin can get.

3 THF or SWF
2 shield mastery
1 bash
1 IC
1 exotic(?)
1 PA
1 OC
9-10

Those are the big ones, leaving a human paladin with one to two spare for whatever.

goodspeed
02-01-2015, 01:08 AM

eh idk I think it could work. Though your definitely gonna suck until you get your hands on some type of good weapon. Which is hard considering its citw and TF. But theirs still some other good one handers about.

So I guess go up in kensei, do the vangaurd, and leap up into stal for the extra hp and stuff. Not gonna lie, the pally/ fighter mix is gonna do the whole 2hf-twf thing better. And for swf the bard just outright is the champ.

Still, join some groups, farm the regulars daily, try to get into a von 5 farm and slowly add to those levels and get LD up to max and work your way desperatly toward cacoon. (Ya probably going to want to work in sp and hamp everywhere. )

the_one_dwarfforged
02-01-2015, 06:59 AM
if you want to play badly and still win easily then yea tring to pally would make more sense.

if fighter flavor is important to you then id do thf with ranged option because that is the least gimp compared to a pally alternative. on hit light dmg is far superior with twf, snb pally gets both holy sword and 10 mp while snb fighter has to choose 10 mp or keen edge or the stalwart dstrike thing. thf fighter has really high dstrike which is good for twitching; ranged option is the only advantage that holds any kind of meaning (sort of meh right now in fact though it still has its uses) that you will get from the extra feats.

fighter is just a flavor choice.

JOTMON
02-01-2015, 08:06 AM

I would TR Pally(preferably Bladeforged)... a Past life of Fighter would go further than running a fighter life into Epic levels.
Currently Paladin is solid in all aspects of the game whereas Fighter takes work.

I TR'd my fighter into a BF Paladin and am having a lot of fun with it.

Generic_Player666
02-26-2015, 09:53 AM
I would TR Pally(preferably Bladeforged)... a Past life of Fighter would go further than running a fighter life into Epic levels.
Currently Paladin is solid in all aspects of the game whereas Fighter takes work.

I TR'd my fighter into a BF Paladin and am having a lot of fun with it.

So, Im a noob and starting out a melee style fighter. I initially started with a WF pure fighter. Am I hearing that a pure fighter is not a good path to follow?

Sardo

unbongwah
02-26-2015, 02:20 PM
So, Im a noob and starting out a melee style fighter. I initially started with a WF pure fighter. Am I hearing that a pure fighter is not a good path to follow?
Historically, ftrs had better DPS while pallies had better survivability. With the U23 overhaul, though, pure pallies now have better survivability and better DPS than pure ftrs. Ftrs still have a few advantages, namely tons of feats; but it's not enough to offset the downsides, IMO. Particularly as Warforged, since self-repairing is an issue; at least WF pallies get Lay on Hands.