PDA

View Full Version : Please file tickets!

jwelch
01-29-2015, 09:16 AM
While the DDO devs do a decent job of reading the forums, there are far more of us than them. The chances of them keeping up are small.

So as someone who has had to deal with the world of managing bug reports: Please File Tickets. You can do so out of game here: http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24047&_referrer=

If you have crashing issues, make sure to attach the crash logs. They're usually in ~/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports/ and you're looking for .crash files that start with things like:

awesomium
dndclient
Dungeons and Dragons online

They're just text files, easy to attach to the ticket. Those give the devs a lot of useful data to work with. For other bugs, try to put in as much detail as possible about what you're seeing when the bug happens, what you're doing,etc.

if you want to include the configuration of your Mac, then you can do so via:

Apple Menu ->
About This Mac ->
System Report ->
File ->
Save ->

that will create a (fairly large) XML file with a lot of detail on your system. Try to not change anything from how you run when you play DDO. I.e. don't change peripherals, etc.

Then file the tickets. I try to file all my outstanding ones once a month. It's a bit of a bubbling process. The more reports they see, the more attention those reports eventually get.

it's not an exclusive thing. Forum posts and bug tickets go hand in hand together. But the tickets are really important for the devs.