PDA

View Full Version : New Augments

Monkey-Boy
01-26-2015, 10:34 AM
The devs were talking about this on the Podcast, adding new augments to the game. Now that the duping is fixed it's safe to do so with stuff getting stupid.

below are some things I'd like to see.

- Tharnes augment. For the love of all that is holy, please give us a True Seeing augment. Everyone has the UMD for scrolls anyway at 28 so really it's just a big quality of live thingy to not have to cast this buff all the time. Bundle it with Sneak Attack +5/+8 and I'll be a very happy primate.

- +2/+4/+6 Artifact damage bonus. From my understanding the only two places to have this is Claw and Planar focus - You ain't using Planor focus once you get you Litany and Claw is level 20 loot. Artifact damage bonus on augments would be wonderful, especially a +6 on a high-level augment.

- Healing Amp, the devs mentioned this by name. Please make it so.

- Vampirism. Would be cool, not sure how often it'd be used.

I'm sure the rest of you have some good ideas.

legendkilleroll
01-26-2015, 10:42 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing some unique augments drop from EE quests

Also i want to see people wear different gear, not everyone in the same stuff, with the Necro gear there are so many slots available that if new augements were out you be able to have everything on your character, people should have to make tougher choices imo

FuzzyDuck81
01-27-2015, 05:57 AM
More augments would be nice - I'd especially like to see more of the various non-damage weapon effects available as an augment since being able to add stuff like shattermantle, crippling, vampirism, tendon slice, keen etc. could help add some nice flavour & extra capabilities, maybe even named ones with more unusual effects like life devouring, limb chopper, radiance, or multi-effect ones with certain themes - we've already got ones like deconstructor & vampire slayer, so surely others could be made too.

Monkey-Boy
01-28-2015, 09:01 AM
More augments would be nice - I'd especially like to see more of the various non-damage weapon effects available as an augment since being able to add stuff like shattermantle, crippling, vampirism, tendon slice, keen etc. could help add some nice flavour & extra capabilities, maybe even named ones with more unusual effects like life devouring, limb chopper, radiance, or multi-effect ones with certain themes - we've already got ones like deconstructor & vampire slayer, so surely others could be made too.

I didn't think of this before, but Vorpal and/on Manslayer would be really nice.

MadCookieQueen
01-28-2015, 09:07 AM
My thoughts will make most people either eye roll or groan.

Craftable augments. People want a revamp of Cannith crafting, I say add in augments. Make their lists align with trinket capabilities. We already have a mass pile of essences...lets use them!

I also want Epic Greensteel augments as proposed by His Hjolyness Teh_Troll. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441880-Trollerific-Suggetion-for-Epic-Green-Steel

so there...fresh new augments, customizable options and you know more uses for stuff we've already acquired through the years!

Monkey-Boy
01-28-2015, 09:10 AM

Craftable augments. People want a revamp of Cannith crafting, I say add in augments. Make their lists align with trinket capabilities. We already have a mass pile of essences...lets use them!

okay, that a great idea.

I also want Epic Greensteel augments as proposed by His Hjolyness Teh_Troll. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441880-Trollerific-Suggetion-for-Epic-Green-Steel

so there...fresh new augments, customizable options and you know more uses for stuff we've already acquired through the years!

While his hjolyness's suggestion was very good from what Sev said in the Podcast we're not going to see that. It's looking like Epic Greensteel is going to be Weapons and Items.

MadCookieQueen
01-28-2015, 09:21 AM
While his hjolyness's suggestion was very good from what Sev said in the Podcast we're not going to see that. It's looking like Epic Greensteel is going to be Weapons and Items.

REALLY?!?! Honestly...I just spent how long farming the freak out the raids just to build my weapons and then they are invalidated and I'm forced to grind all over again for even MORE ingredients?!

I don't want another grindy ingredient raid to make weapons or items which will just wipe out all the previous months I spent making what I have.

The drop rates better be freaking spectacular spectacular...

https://thebookfix.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/spectacular.gif

Dandonk
01-28-2015, 09:59 AM
+1 ki on hit, can haz? Plz?

JOTMON
01-28-2015, 10:00 AM
The devs were talking about this on the Podcast, adding new augments to the game. Now that the duping is fixed it's safe to do so with stuff getting stupid.

below are some things I'd like to see.

- Tharnes augment. For the love of all that is holy, please give us a True Seeing augment. Everyone has the UMD for scrolls anyway at 28 so really it's just a big quality of live thingy to not have to cast this buff all the time. Bundle it with Sneak Attack +5/+8 and I'll be a very happy primate.

- +2/+4/+6 Artifact damage bonus. From my understanding the only two places to have this is Claw and Planar focus - You ain't using Planor focus once you get you Litany and Claw is level 20 loot. Artifact damage bonus on augments would be wonderful, especially a +6 on a high-level augment.

- Healing Amp, the devs mentioned this by name. Please make it so.

- Vampirism. Would be cool, not sure how often it'd be used.

I'm sure the rest of you have some good ideas.

+6 artifact.. really.. no.. just no.

I want to see Epic items to have the ability to be converted into augments.. use some "token of augmentation" that drops on 20th raid reward list from each respective raid.
This allows you to convert a epic crafted item into an augment.. like Epic Kundarek Devling boots into a FOM augment. Epic Bracers of the claw into a +4 Artifact bonus augment.. stuff like that.. Torc Augment... etc...

Also Greensteel crafted shards from T1/T2/T3 be able to be converted into augments.
This way you can capture things like the SP/HP bonuses and all those other interesting tiers of goodies.. from these old greensteel items and augment them onto our new gear.

Use harder to obtain coloured slots for the more desirable ones or powerful ones..

This opens up opportunities for new gear coming forward to have multiple augment slots and more difficult choices to slot into these augment slots.

Now you can revitalize 20th incremental runs of all the raids to get tokens that will allow you to convert your crafted items into usable augments for new stuff, over and above the items you want to keep from each of these raids for TR's and such..

Now all we have to do is convince the Dev's to not reset incremental raid timers on TR's...

bsquishwizzy
01-28-2015, 10:15 AM

Great idea. However, given that Turbine has decided you can spend Astral Shards at collectable vendors rot augments, I HIGHLY doubt they would allow you to craft augments for “free.”

Augments I’d like to see?

1) Spell Pen,
2) Manslayer / Slayer,
3) Exceptional (or stacking) Doubleshot / Doublestrike,
4) Deception (I’m enjoying the livin’ snot out of the Golden Guile right now),
5) Incorporeal,
6) Exceptional skills,
7) True Seeing,
8) ConOpp,
9) Bane types,
10) Exceptional (or stacking) dodge,
11) Blinding,
12) Cursespewing,
13) Seeker.

Another thought is if they won’t give is back some of the way-cool effects we had on BtCoE random loot (Lacerating, Pandemonium, Tidal, Sun’s Fury, etc.) then at least make them available as augments. I have a Cursespewing of Lacerating bow from that golden age of random loot, and it frickin’ rocks. They could keep the **** loot system they have now, and let me get a rare augment drop that gives me those effects.

The augments you could get with the Anniversary cards were way-frickin’-cool. That being said, I wouldn’t mind something along those lines, and rolled back a notch.

Monkey-Boy
01-28-2015, 10:16 AM
+1 ki on hit, can haz? Plz?

Oh hell yeah, add in Reinforced Fists while we're at it.

Monkey-Boy
01-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Great idea. However, given that Turbine has decided you can spend Astral Shards at collectable vendors rot augments, I HIGHLY doubt they would allow you to craft augments for “free.”

Augments I’d like to see?

1) Spell Pen,
2) Manslayer / Slayer,
3) Exceptional (or stacking) Doubleshot / Doublestrike,
4) Deception (I’m enjoying the livin’ snot out of the Golden Guile right now),
5) Incorporeal,
6) Exceptional skills,
7) True Seeing,
8) ConOpp,
9) Bane types,
10) Exceptional (or stacking) dodge,
11) Blinding,
12) Cursespewing,
13) Seeker.

Another thought is if they won’t give is back some of the way-cool effects we had on BtCoE random loot (Lacerating, Pandemonium, Tidal, Sun’s Fury, etc.) then at least make them available as augments. I have a Cursespewing of Lacerating bow from that golden age of random loot, and it frickin’ rocks. They could keep the **** loot system they have now, and let me get a rare augment drop that gives me those effects.

The augments you could get with the Anniversary cards were way-frickin’-cool. That being said, I wouldn’t mind something along those lines, and rolled back a notch.

All good ideas as well

Monkey-Boy
01-28-2015, 10:20 AM
+6 artifact.. really.. no.. just no.

For Min level 30? You gotta be kidding me if you think +2 more damage over existing gear is over-powered in the current game.

Regarding Artifact bonus, since it stacks with everything, I'd go . ..

2 Level 20
3 Level 25
4 Level 28
6 Level 30

I'm sorry, there's no way that'd be OP

Vellrad
01-28-2015, 10:30 AM

I'd say, possibility to take any cannith crafting shard, put it into machine and turn it into an augment of appropriate color, with minimum level of:
+1 lvl1
+2 lvl4
+3 lvl8
+4 lvl12
+5 lvl16
+6 lvl20
+7 lvl24
+8 lvl28

suggested augment of 4d6+5 per hit, plus more on crits, plus lighting strike is silly (read stupid) OP.

There'd be no reason to craft anything on thunderforged EXCEPT additional augment slot.

JOTMON
01-28-2015, 10:41 AM
For Min level 30? You gotta be kidding me if you think +2 more damage over existing gear is over-powered in the current game.

Regarding Artifact bonus, since it stacks with everything, I'd go . ..

2 Level 20
3 Level 25
4 Level 28
6 Level 30

I'm sorry, there's no way that'd be OP

you are proposing a +6 artifact bonus on an augment.

The existing +4 Artifact bonus is only available from two set bonus items that hardly anyone wears since they conflict with different bonuses..
Like Profane for the trinket slot and Bracers/Gloves of the claw that have no augment slots making them a difficult choice to keep equipped..

The +6 would stack with all the other equipable bonuses and be augmentable pretty much anywhere. how is that not OP
Who wouldn't augment this ..
... give up two old restrictive gear slots from hard to get bracers/gloves with no augments that prevent you from equipping newer better gear and swap that for a unique stacking +6 bonus augment that you cans slot anywhere.
The Planar trinket requires a weapon.. that in itself is doubly restrictive.. Trinket means no litany.. weapon means no TF...

so yeah +6 is too much of a boost to the power creep problems.

Should not be more than +4 and not easy to get..

Monkey-Boy
01-28-2015, 11:03 AM
you are proposing a +6 artifact bonus on an augment.

The existing +4 Artifact bonus is only available from two set bonus items that hardly anyone wears since they conflict with different bonuses..
Like Profane for the trinket slot and Bracers/Gloves of the claw that have no augment slots making them a difficult choice to keep equipped..

The +6 would stack with all the other equipable bonuses and be augmentable pretty much anywhere. how is that not OP
Who wouldn't augment this ..
... give up two old restrictive gear slots from hard to get bracers/gloves with no augments that prevent you from equipping newer better gear and swap that for a unique stacking +6 bonus augment that you cans slot anywhere.
The Planar trinket requires a weapon.. that in itself is doubly restrictive.. Trinket means no litany.. weapon means no TF...

so yeah +6 is too much of a boost to the power creep problems.

Should not be more than +4 and not easy to get..

I'm sorry, in this day +2 more damage is nothing compared to the power creep that turbine considers acceptable.

I expect you to protest just as hard when we get +13 STR items :)

JOTMON
01-28-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry, in this day +2 more damage is nothing compared to the power creep that turbine considers acceptable.

I expect you to protest just as hard when we get +13 STR items :)

Indeed.
Max I would hope on upgraded Raid Named items.. +12 and maybe even Insight +5..
Augments should stop 2 less.... at +10 and +3.

doubledge
01-30-2015, 11:36 PM

Craftable augments would be great and all, but then people would be asking for red augments... ml 8 luck blade with holy/holy/holy anyone? or even better: a ml 4 luck blade with bleed/bleed/bleed!