PDA

View Full Version : List of every spell crit modifier and max spell crit chances

Christianmellon
01-23-2015, 02:59 AM
So I was wondering what the max spell crit chance was, and I couldn't find a list so i just compiled this after a few hours and though I'd post it for others.
Forgive the general messiness, its mainly just meant to show information.
Also if something is listed as CORE then the abilities unlock at 1/3/6/12/18/20 not 1/2/3/4

Note to get this it requires allot of multiclassing, a warchanter bard, the best equipment, Divine crusader as your destiny and 3 feats on top of magic training.

For people not wanting to shift though the data the max crit chance for each group is...
Force-73%
Fire- 87%
Ice- 87%
Acid- 87%*
Lightning-87%*
Neg- 69%
(everything past here requires giving up some % to use arc supremacy)
Sonic- 88%*
Pos- 76%*, **
Light- 71%
Phys- 67% or maybe 73% if arch mage effects physical damage

Additionally there is arcane supremacy that gives +25 to crit for 12 seconds every 90 seconds, some elements don't get spell crit from archmage so you can make a trade(losing some passive spell crit for the ability)

* So druid has its crit set up so it switches between 2 groups of elements every 50 minutes so the crit ability is inconsistent but for allot of the classes its the highest bonus annoyingly so if you want true max you are stuck with it.

** Ok so POS was really interesting to calculate it requires level 12 bard 4 levels of cleric(using both the DD tree and RS tree) and 4 levels of druid making it the mix with the most hoops to jump though.

Classes that have spell crit modifiers(yes monks actuly have this bizarrely)
MONK
HEM MISTIC
force fire(core)
1/1/1/1/1/5
10 total

SORC
savant
2/2/2/2
(CAP FORM)
10 total(at 20) (8 total at 4)

WIZ
ARCH(acid fire cold elect untyped force)
1/1/2/2
T5
arcane supremacy
12s of +25% and +100 crit damage

PALE
NEG
2/2/2/2

BARD
SPELL(SONIC HEAL)(core)
2/2/2/2/2/2

CLERIC
RAD SAV
(HEAL)(core)
0/3/1/1/1/*
every 5th pos spell has 50% chance

DIVINE
can pick neg/light or all
2/2/2/2
1/1/1/1

DRUID
SEASON
2/2/2/2
switches every 5m
W:Acid, Cold, Electric, Earth, and Water
S: Fire, Light, Positive, and Sonic

CAP(100% chance and -90% cost for one spell everytime season change)

FAVORED SOUL
(fire force light and physical)
2/2/2/2

T2 just reward
3/6/10 temp SP on crit with list elements
CORE (t5) under 75% hp +1 crit to all
under 25% +50 damage

ARTI
ARCANO
ELECT FIRE FORCE
1/1/1/1

WARLOCK
Soul eater
CORE
T5 5% all

T5 +3% all

FEATS
MAGE TRAIN
5%
METAL TOUGH
IMP MENTAL
EPIC MENTAL
INSIGHT(max equipment only)
5 (golden orb of death)
TOD RING
INTERROGATION 1%

Total(add this to below numbers) 50%

(epic Pastlife) Arcane spere 3/6/9 Acid Cold Electric Fire Sonic
TOD rings 2% for select elements
So...
ACID COLD ELECTRIC FIRE 60%
SONIC 59%

FORCE
(6)WIZ(22AP 4LVL)
(8)FVS(22AP 4LVL)
(4)CLR ARTI(22AP 4lvl) OR MONK (OR 21AP 12LVL)

FIRE
(alternates) DRUID(8*) MONK(4 with cores) ARTI/CLERIC(4)
(6) WIZ (22AP 4LVL)
(8) SORC (22AP 4LVL)
(8) FVS (22AP 4LVL)

ICE
(6) WIZ
(8) SORC
(8) CLERIC

ACID
(6) WIZ (22AP 4LVL)
(8) SORC (22AP 4LVL)
(4,8*) CLERIC,DRUID (22AP 4LVL)
18,22*

LIGHTNING
(6) WIZ (22AP 4LVL)
(8) SORC (22AP 4LVL)
(4,8*) CLERIC/ARTI,DRUID (22AP 4LVL)
18,22*

SONIC
(8) SORC (22AP 4LVL)
(6) BARD (21AP 12LVL)
(4,8*) CLERIC,DRUID (22AP 4LVL)
20,24*

NEG
(8) WIZ (22AP 4LVL)
(8) CLERIC (22AP 4LVL)

POS(this one is interesting)
(6) BARD (21AP 12LVL
(3) CLERIC (11AP 4LVL)(in RAD SAV)
(4) CLERIC (22AP 4LVL) (in DD)
(8*) DRUID (22AP 3LVL)

LIGHT
(8) CLR (22AP 4LVL)
(8) FVS (22AP 4LVL)
(8*) DRUID (22AP 4LVL)

PHYS
(8) FVS (22AP 4LVL)
(4) CLR (22AP 4LVL)
(maybe not sure) (8) WIZ (22AP 4LVL)
12 (not sure) 20

Misq things
Wizard archmage T5
arcane supremicy 25% crit chance and +100% crit damage(250%) for 12 seconds
Its worse then it sounds since you don't control when it happens nad it doesn't last long enough for any real shenanigans

Favored soul T2
just reward give 3/6/10 temp SP when criting with a fire force light or physical spell.
Shenanigans away!

Druid Capstone
every season change 1 spell will be 100% crit and only cost 90% of its normal cost.
Rare but potentially useful

Cleric Rad Sav Capstone
every 5th positive spell gains +50% chance to crit
Moderately useful though seems a bit underpowered given you can get to 49% with equipment alone.

Warlock's tainted scholar core abilities give
0/10/0/20/0/30 to spell crit damage for a total of 60% at 20, making it the only class to have access to a permanent bonus to crit damage

Hope someone finds this useful and stuff.

Sisma
01-25-2015, 02:27 AM
Nice breakdown!
I myself managed to reach 58% crit chance with light spells... The worst part was the shadow phlog grind, but the awesome part is that the crit chance is very sustainable, as empyrean magic stacks up with the only aura going on...
'Tis almost too bad that I have to TR... XD

Ancient
04-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Also I did not count Arcane Supremacy since it is both a silly ability and almost impossible to used effectively, if you really want to you can use it to get 98%(well 25% off of the existing number) crit(just let that 2% haunt you) for 12 seconds.

1.) Great list, thank you for putting this together!

2.) I didn't see the Energy Criticals epic past life feat for 9% on Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic Spells.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Past_Life_Feats

3.) Arcane supremacy is an amazing ability. You do have some control over when it happens and 10 seconds is enough time to clear a room full of trash if you use it right.

Christianmellon
04-17-2015, 11:07 PM
1.) Great list, thank you for putting this together!

2.) I didn't see the Energy Criticals epic past life feat for 9% on Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic Spells.

3.) Arcane supremacy is an amazing ability. You do have some control over when it happens and 10 seconds is enough time to clear a room full of trash if you use it right.

No problem, I wonder if anyone has made a build that gets the 82% crit yet

2. Thank you I must of missed it, or maybe it was changed I thought it was a 10 spell power bonus, either way thank you.

3. It can be good in the right hands though Iv found it to be a bit hard to use, though I guess if you aren't rushing a dungeon the 90 second cool down comes into play less, and its a bit more controllable then the druid season change.

Christianmellon
06-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Updated to include new warlock stuff

jakeelala
07-07-2015, 11:14 PM
how did this guy get 90?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462456-The-Gold-Shiradi-Build-Heavy-duty-shiradi-nuker?p=5647240#post5647240

Christianmellon
07-12-2015, 09:45 PM
how did this guy get 90?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462456-The-Gold-Shiradi-Build-Heavy-duty-shiradi-nuker?p=5647240#post5647240

Sorry for the delay.

It seems to be from the T5 wizard ability Arcane Supremacy, The other thing is he has a splash in FVS and sorcerer
There is also energy critical which gives 3/6/9 crit to some elements it is a epic past life ability, here is a link to a page covering it.

Christianmellon
07-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Sorry for the delay.

It seems to be from the T5 wizard ability Arcane Supremacy, The other thing is he has a splash in FVS and sorcerer
There is also energy critical which gives 3/6/9 crit to some elements it is a epic past life ability, here is a link to a page covering it.

Sorry I looked over it a bit more and I would have to guess that he was wearing this,(with the other set item)
http://ddowiki.com/page/Rahkir%27s_Ring
and may have taken that shot near a warchanter who had Chant of Power giving him an additional 6%

I got this number by reversing the math

arc sup -25=65
lore and exceptional lore item -24=41
his build(FVS+WIZ) -16=25
Emp magic -10=15
base(with feats) -8=7
warchanter -6=1
Rahkir's ring -1=0

Eth
08-07-2015, 03:59 AM
Sorry I looked over it a bit more and I would have to guess that he was wearing this,(with the other set item)
http://ddowiki.com/page/Rahkir%27s_Ring
and may have taken that shot near a warchanter who had Chant of Power giving him an additional 6%

I got this number by reversing the math

arc sup -25=65
lore and exceptional lore item -24=41
his build(FVS+WIZ) -16=25
Emp magic -10=15
base(with feats) -8=7
warchanter -6=1
Rahkir's ring -1=0

Rahkir's set does not give any crit. chance despite saying so.
The only thing it gives is the occasional +2 caster levels when casting a spell, if you have Archmage Core V.

The screenshot also has an examination window open that clearly shows that there is neither a chant of power buff nor the archmage set involved, not sure why you bring these up.
If that was the case the other crit. chances beside force would be also higher.

Your breakdown also misses 1% from interrogation.
Further, FvS+Archmage crits give 14% not 16% as per description (Tier 1+2 in archmage give 1%, Tier 3+4 give 2%).

With the 6% from warchanter and 1% from rahkirs not being there, the 1% from interrogation not being in your breakdown and the enhancements in your breakdown listing 2% to much we are back to 82%.

Cesar confirmed in that thread that archmage enhancements give additional unlisted 2% force crit per tier, so what's the deal?

Christianmellon
08-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Rahkir's set does not give any crit. chance despite saying so.
The only thing it gives is the occasional +2 caster levels when casting a spell, if you have Archmage Core V.

The screenshot also has an examination window open that clearly shows that there is neither a chant of power buff nor the archmage set involved, not sure why you bring these up.
If that was the case the other crit. chances beside force would be also higher.

Your breakdown also misses 1% from interrogation.
Further, FvS+Archmage crits give 14% not 16% as per description (Tier 1+2 in archmage give 1%, Tier 3+4 give 2%).

With the 6% from warchanter and 1% from rahkirs not being there, the 1% from interrogation not being in your breakdown and the enhancements in your breakdown listing 2% to much we are back to 82%.

Cesar confirmed in that thread that archmage enhancements give additional unlisted 2% force crit per tier, so what's the deal?

I forgot to update this and its wrong, there were so many buffs that it just cut off so there could have been either, but likely wasn't, and yes it would boost all of them but he could have not have items to give him that 6 percent in everything else, for lack of Interrogation I was able to get low enough without it.

I operated backwards so I looked at his force crit and ignored everything else.

As for how it seem to just be a case of a bug as I said in the main thread.