PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Thursday, January 15th

Cordovan
01-14-2015, 02:56 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, January 15th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. This hotfix is being done to correct an issue with stackable items (such as scrolls.) Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Cordovan
01-14-2015, 02:57 PM
FYI: The plan initially was to get this hotfix done today, but there simply wasn't enough time to get the fix checked in, the build built, etc.

UurlockYgmeov
01-14-2015, 03:08 PM
we'll live - best to put a little extra polish on it and have it be tomorrow than umm... all I have to say is

Champion Chucks! (aka Monster Chunks)

trevitt
01-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Sweet, nice to see a speedy fix.

TitusOvid
01-14-2015, 03:19 PM
I don't know if it part of the patch but the chest drops from champions are 1/5 of the time unaccesable, because they are stuck in the ground or something.
Would be a good idea to improve it or correct it, depending on point of view.

Galendl_Stormkeep
01-14-2015, 04:48 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, January 15th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. This hotfix is being done to correct an issue with stackable items (such as scrolls.) Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Thanks for addressing this fast. The majority of my toons are UMD based and I can't really play without my scrolls :)

gravisrs
01-15-2015, 05:05 AM
Looks like development process doesn't have staging/internal testing phase ? All patches hits live directly from SVN/GIT ?

I can borrow you my old PC and my young brother, he is good at testing and just need food.

Aeron1976
01-15-2015, 06:15 AM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, January 15th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix.

I live in a different time zone and according to my calculation 9 AM Eastern should be in 1 hour and 45 minutes but i just got the 60 minutes warning in-game?

Can you explain?

General_Gronker
01-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Yeah, your time notice is off according to the World Announcements I'm seeing.

phyrephoenix
01-15-2015, 07:02 AM
World's coming down now? It's only 8 am est...

Oranor
01-15-2015, 07:05 AM

Looks like 8am rather than 9am eastern? Flipped back to it at 7:59 and a message says it's coming down NOW.

FeelTheAlmighty
01-15-2015, 07:05 AM
yes you started the hotfix 1 hour early... i expect you to finish 1 hour early

Aeron1976
01-15-2015, 07:10 AM

^^ Good point :-)

moomooprincess
01-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Surprise!!! Thank goodness for coffee.

8 AM EST

wodkaman
01-15-2015, 08:03 AM

altho i'm not gonne complain they started an hour early, i do agree with this!

Nefatron
01-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Yea lets press them to get it done a hour early.. So then another bug can be found and another down time tomorrow... Yea great idea's guy.

Take your time guys. get it done rite.

wodkaman
01-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Yea lets press them to get it done a hour early.. So then another bug can be found and another down time tomorrow... Yea great idea's guy.

Take your time guys. get it done rite.

funny you say that, tell me when is there not a bug when there have been an update?
even when players dont push to get it done?

Chaoscheerio
01-15-2015, 08:14 AM
would be nice if they'd post these things earlier but eh what can you do.

Nefatron
01-15-2015, 08:19 AM
tell me when the forums stops crying about trivial thing's like being up a hour early?

Yes bugs happen with updates.. but not in a few updates have we had to have a hotfix the next day... Or we had a bug that was as intense as this one.. No scrolls... so yea..

Pushing them to get up a hour early so you can waste away your morning is non-sense.

I rather them fix this bug, make sure by fixing this bug no others popped up.

Just like I rather them take the entire game down for 6 months to fix it properly. ( Yes i know this could never happen, budget wouldnt allow)
But the fact is if that happened half of you would be crying to get it back up. ignoring issues only caring about your selfish play time.

whaaaaaaaaaa

Take your time turbine.. I think it should go off for the whole day just to make sure things are rite.

wodkaman
01-15-2015, 08:29 AM
tell me when the forums stops crying about trivial thing's like being up a hour early?

Yes bugs happen with updates.. but not in a few updates have we had to have a hotfix the next day... Or we had a bug that was as intense as this one.. No scrolls... so yea..

Pushing them to get up a hour early so you can waste away your morning is non-sense.

I rather them fix this bug, make sure by fixing this bug no others popped up.

Just like I rather them take the entire game down for 6 months to fix it properly. ( Yes i know this could never happen, budget wouldnt allow)
But the fact is if that happened half of you would be crying to get it back up. ignoring issues only caring about your selfish play time.

whaaaaaaaaaa

Take your time turbine.. I think it should go off for the whole day just to make sure things are rite.

heck ya a month down to FIX EVERYTHING would be awesome.ignoring issues? sorry but do you even know me? nope i didnt think so dont try
to say things that others do/are to make your reply make sense thank you! and its not B'cuz i agree with someone's post on this thread,that i cry about 1 hour early or even 1hour later i'm free to agree and say/typ my opinion in my country and before more nonsensse are posted by you i tell you good day and no reply is needed to this!

Fedora1
01-15-2015, 08:36 AM
I can borrow you my old PC and my young brother, he is good at testing and just need food.

Thank you, this really made me laugh. :)

Nefatron
01-15-2015, 08:39 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/You_Don't_Know_Me_(Feat_Regina_Spektor).jpg

Indeed your are free to post your opinion.. As Am I...

Stop crying

jillora
01-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Hey, the client hasn't been updated with a notice of the downtime like normal, I tried to log in with a friend and found the worlds closed and had to come onto the forums to get an idea of how long the worlds would be down. Don't ya'll normally update the new area in the client with this info?

Nefatron
01-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Hey, the client hasn't been updated with a notice of the downtime like normal, I tried to log in with a friend and found the worlds closed and had to come onto the forums to get an idea of how long the worlds would be down. Don't ya'll normally update the new area in the client with this info?

Yea, normally they do update that but they probably just didnt get around to it.

The servers are updated though. Just got done downloading the patch. still down though. Probably for another hour or two.

Sehenry03
01-15-2015, 08:56 AM
heck ya a month down to FIX EVERYTHING would be awesome.ignoring issues? sorry but do you even know me? nope i didnt think so dont try
to say things that others do/are to make your reply make sense thank you! and its not B'cuz i agree with someone's post on this thread,that i cry about 1 hour early or even 1hour later i'm free to agree and say/typ my opinion in my country and before more nonsensse are posted by you i tell you good day and no reply is needed to this!

You like soap operas don't ya?

royboy
01-15-2015, 08:56 AM

Thanks for addressing this immediately.

Docsin - Leader of Disciples of Sin.

wodkaman
01-15-2015, 08:57 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/You_Don't_Know_Me_(Feat_Regina_Spektor).jpg

Indeed your are free to post your opinion.. As Am I...

Stop crying

is what the crying troll reply with

Sehenry03
01-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Awesome Turbine!!!! A huge thank you for the fix. Not sure about the problem with the shards dropping and not being able to pick up though...I got about 2k yesterday and was able to loot every one of them.

And yes plz take all the time you need to get this right. We know you are on a skeleton crew and inexperienced really considering how long most MMO's have a crew on them.

And ignore the whiners complaining about a whole hour early *crocodile tears* just do it right =)

apacheizm23
01-15-2015, 09:00 AM

Thank you :) :cool:

Cordovan
01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
World's coming down now? It's only 8 am est...

Looks like 8am rather than 9am eastern? Flipped back to it at 7:59 and a message says it's coming down NOW.

Sorry, there was a miscommunication. But yes, we are getting ready to open the worlds shortly.

wodkaman
01-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Sorry, there was a miscommunication. But yes, we are getting ready to open the worlds shortly.

nice, good work turbine team

Tesrali
01-15-2015, 09:39 AM
we did no-scroll ee raiding last night and it was hilarious
+1 for silly bugs, and happy to see this one gone

FeelTheAlmighty
01-15-2015, 09:42 AM

it happens, no problem, keep up the good work

Ametrine
01-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the fix.

No get back to work on fixing the lag, whip whip, before all the hardcore gamers leave and I left soloing (and dying) EE content with my +1 dagger of sunder, lol.

apacheizm23
01-15-2015, 09:47 AM

No worries, just do the right thing..

Cordovan
01-15-2015, 09:52 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

ayalaco
01-15-2015, 11:38 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

I am not sure what's broken now, but can't log on, and my friends cant take thing sout of tr caches, or use the ah. What's going on?

Fedora1
01-15-2015, 01:45 PM
I am not sure what's broken now, but can't log on, and my friends cant take thing sout of tr caches, or use the ah. What's going on?

I've not tried my TR cache, but I am able to use the AH. Both G-Land and Argo.

DrakeFury
01-17-2015, 05:06 AM
Still have a problem with challenges tokens. Getting inventory placement error when i try to put them in inventory from bank