PDA

View Full Version : Master's Blitz

Chacka_DDO
01-11-2015, 04:37 AM
I wanted to leave out the reasoning, just this:
I think I understand why you did this changes and I feel like you read my mind with this change.
But in my opinion Masters Blitz lost his character with this change.

Therefore I want to suggest another way.

It should work similar to the old system just with this change.
If I hit a monster the monster get a kind of debuff from me (with no harmful effect just a placeholder of some kind)
this last for x seconds.
If this monster die within this time I get 12 stacks for my blitz, no matter who killed it.
The debuff on the monster and by whom he has come decides who get stacks.
If someone else in the party also use blitz, there two ways, his buff replace mine and he get the charge, or each of us get 6 stacks. If 3 do this each get 4 etc.

This way it is almost like the the old system without the negative aspects.
Of course in this case each stack means less Melee Power.

Since this would mean it's a nerf for high HP bosses you could maybe maintain a certain chance to just keep your current blitz or even better to build it up like it is now.

Robai
01-11-2015, 12:49 PM
The only issue with the current Blitz is that it's hard to sustain:
- in quests with low density mobs Blitz decay too fast
- or mobs die too fast
- I see no point is that 3 sec timer since it stops getting charges even in high density group of mobs
- it forces you to zerg, have to ignore Ransack bonus, etc.

I'd fix these things in the current Blitz:
- charge Blitz even from breakables
- remove 3 sec timer (thus the more mobs you gather the faster you charge the Blitz)

EllisDee37
01-11-2015, 12:59 PM
- remove 3 sec timer (thus the more mobs you gather the faster you charge the Blitz)There isn't a 3-second timer on live.

There should be a timer of some sort, balanced out by a significant bump in chance to earn stacks. If it's 10% now, no timer, it should probably go to something like 33%, 2 second timer.

The reason there needs to be a timer is because blitz is unbalanced among the fighting styles. The more attacks you make per second the better it is, which really just means that blitz kind of stinks for THF. That's not really a great feature of a melee epic moment.

Chacka_DDO
01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
The only issue with the current Blitz is that it's hard to sustain:
- in quests with low density mobs Blitz decay too fast
- or mobs die too fast
- I see no point is that 3 sec timer since it stops getting charges even in high density group of mobs
- it forces you to zerg, have to ignore Ransack bonus, etc.

- remove 3 sec timer (thus the more mobs you gather the faster you charge the Blitz)

If there is an technically issue with Master's Blitz too that demands a workaround, you should make this maybe public (yes I know you did here) and do a bug report.

But i want the character of the old Master's Blitz back, it was changed with some reasons, but I think this would have been a better solution.