PDA

View Full Version : Offering help for Vets and New players

Sehenry03
01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Ok so I have posted a few posts before letting new players know they could send me tells here or in game and I would be happy to help. I have helped quite a few people with various things some new and some vets returning.

If ANYONE...new or old...would like a little help with quests or maybe just leveling in general, message me in game or here. I play the 4 people in my sig a lot. Messaging me here is generally better that way we can set up times.

You must start on SARLONA server if you want my help. Also my guild is running teaching raids every Saturday at 9pm EST. I would be happy to help you get to lvl 20 or higher so you can join in and learn the raids. Ginger is great at explaining everything so you know how to do it later. This is really BIG...HUGE even. This is a chance to get some REALLY good gear and learn some important things about the game and you get to hang with the best guild on the server.

If you are F2P I will help as I can when time allows. Unfortunately F2P won't be able to enter a LOT of quests I do but I will help with what I can.

If you can do VIP I would HIGHLY recommend you try it at least for a month or 2. It is cheap entertainment and you get a lot of perks.
Extra xp from every quest/slayer areas
Faster run in town
Silver dice rolls each day
1 Gold dice roll per week
Access to every quest except Wheloon and EveningStar
1 free pass every saga you run
Other things I am probably missing

If you go VIP I would be happy to take you through almost every quest if you have similar playing times I do.

I would be happy to give you most loot from chests if ya want or need it. Half the time I only take gems and mats and that's it.

My playing times are generally 8pm-Midnight PST and 6am-10am PST with Wed/Thurs generally off.

Don't hesitate to send me a message if you have ANY questions or need ANY help.

And no I am not doing this because I am a saint...the more people playing and playing as VIP the better it is for the game.

I run EVERYTHING on Elite...I don't care if you die...I will come back for your stone if possible. Its amazing how many people feel they need to apologize if they die in a quest and also how surprised a lot of players are when I stop and come get them to rez them. Yes I zerg a lot as I am trying to get a lot of XP in but you will get a lot of favor/TP's also. Just be able to at least hear voice as I don't like typing in game.

Also check out https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453919-New-Players-Watch-This-Video to learn the basics if needed.

Also type /JOINCHANNEL HELP to get into a nice helpful channel and then to type in it type /1 <message>

Send a tell to ANYONE in my sig. Goto your social panel and your friends tab. Put the names in one at a time and add me on each toon. You can see when I am on and quickly send me tells in game. Also PM me here and I will help also.

Sehenry03
01-11-2015, 02:47 PM
And congrats to Parkron. he just hit lvl 21 and did his first EE ATQ raid last night. Everything went smooth and he had fun. Glad he made it to our teaching raid =)

And grats to Elastria he is almost 10 and I've been happy to help him a few times. he is quickly getting everything down and doesn't live in my backpack as much now =)

Sehenry03
01-13-2015, 08:17 PM
My guild is doing a teaching raid for Epic Chrono this Saturday and the min lvl is 20. If you are close to 20 and would like some help lvling send a tell to anyone in my sig and I will see if I have someone in your range to help.

Sehenry03
01-16-2015, 01:14 PM
For those asking...

I just Tr'ed my Pally and he is at lvl 5 right now. If you are in his range his name is Duskh

I also just Tr'ed my Arty into a Sorc and he will be lvl 1 tonight and his name is Hirtz.

Look for anyone in my sig and feel free to send a tell. If I am not helping anyone else I would be happy to log to one of those 2 toons.

Better thing to do is PM me here so we can get you set up and figure out a good time and that way I won't already have plans.

shirochan57
01-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Hi,
I saw your post, maybe you can answer my silly questions?

- for a wizard, are clickies influenced by spellpower or spell crit? do clickies proc shiradi abilites? would they proc additional light dmg from lantern ring?

- balance skill. does it influence standing up faster after knockdown only, or does it also help with resisting the knockdown itself? also, does it have a cap like jump, or the higher the better no limit?

Sehenry03
01-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Hi,
I saw your post, maybe you can answer my silly questions?

- for a wizard, are clickies influenced by spellpower or spell crit? do clickies proc shiradi abilites? would they proc additional light dmg from lantern ring?

- balance skill. does it influence standing up faster after knockdown only, or does it also help with resisting the knockdown itself? also, does it have a cap like jump, or the higher the better no limit?

1) clickies are not influenced by ANYTHING. They will show a spell level. Example Visor with the death ward clicky is lvl 5 so it lasts 5 minutes. If you had a fireball clicky it will cast at the spell level listed on the item with no help from your fire damage bonus. EXCEPT Artificers get to add certain bonuses to clickies. The same visor that was a 5 minute duration on any other class...on an artificer it is now increased based on arty level. My 10 Arty gets 9 minutes from that visor while every other class gets 5. I don't think the arty adds to damage from cliky items though but I am not sure as I rarely use them. And no clicky will proc Shirardi I don't think.

2) Strength is usually checked for knockdown I believe and then Balance is used for a check to get back up. I do not think it has a cap but not positive.

shirochan57
01-16-2015, 08:44 PM
thanks for a very fast response

I see. thats a bit sad, but I thought so. It would be too good to be true.

So to resist knockdown you have to invest in STR huh. I really hate getting knocked down and thought that balance would solve it, but no, I still get tossed around by air elementals several lvls lower than me. Also queen lailat can finish me off in 3 seconds after knockdown :(

anyway, thanks for the help!

Sehenry03
01-16-2015, 08:47 PM
thanks for a very fast response

I see. thats a bit sad, but I thought so. It would be too good to be true.

So to resist knockdown you have to invest in STR huh. I really hate getting knocked down and thought that balance would solve it, but no, I still get tossed around by air elementals several lvls lower than me. Also queen lailat can finish me off in 3 seconds after knockdown :(

anyway, thanks for the help!

Yep welcome to the club =) I have had my share of the same things. Certain classes (Rogue Acrobat/Sorc Air Savant/Etc) are immune to most knockdowns.

shirochan57
01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Yep welcome to the club =) I have had my share of the same things. Certain classes (Rogue Acrobat/Sorc Air Savant/Etc) are immune to most knockdowns.

sigh, time to farm some STR. Although I really dont have any slots in my equipment for that. Right now Im wiz15 / monk2 and I only get around 22 str with +4 tome bulls strength tenser and ship.

I read somewhere on the forum, that while prone you actually can actively block and mitigate some attacks, but it would be easier not to get prone in the first place ;)

ncgrand
01-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi and thank you for the wonderful offering. I am an old player from Argonessen about circa 2006-7 and jumping back in. Starting from scratch with a Pally on Sarlona this evening. I'll be joining your channel and sending you a /tell when I get in game.

Uska
01-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Nice one almost tempted to,play sarlona just because of this

Sehenry03
01-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Nice one almost tempted to,play sarlona just because of this

Be careful...our cookies are the best you won't go back!!

dunklezhan
01-19-2015, 04:35 PM
1) clickies are not influenced by ANYTHING. They will show a spell level. Example Visor with the death ward clicky is lvl 5 so it lasts 5 minutes. If you had a fireball clicky it will cast at the spell level listed on the item with no help from your fire damage bonus. EXCEPT Artificers get to add certain bonuses to clickies. The same visor that was a 5 minute duration on any other class...on an artificer it is now increased based on arty level. My 10 Arty gets 9 minutes from that visor while every other class gets 5. I don't think the arty adds to damage from cliky items though but I am not sure as I rarely use them. And no clicky will proc Shirardi I don't think.

2) Strength is usually checked for knockdown I believe and then Balance is used for a check to get back up. I do not think it has a cap but not positive.

I believe in addition to arti boosts, clickies are affected by any enhancement which says '...and other items which cast spells'.

Uska
01-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Be careful...our cookies are the best you won't go back!!

I do like cookies :)

Sehenry03
01-19-2015, 04:38 PM
I do like cookies :)

You're already halfway to the darkside...

Uska
01-19-2015, 05:41 PM
found I actually have a lvl 16 and 17 there

cdbd3rd
01-19-2015, 06:09 PM
found I actually have a lvl 16 and 17 there

*Nods knowingly*

It's amazing what alts a true altoholic can find sitting around the servers & accounts who have patiently sat abandoned, forgotten, alone... and like a faithful puppy, they're still there waiting to happily forgive us when we find them again. :)

Sehenry03
01-20-2015, 02:30 PM
I want to give a big welcome back to Rolynn. Happy to see a player from years ago returning to give the game another try.

And an FYI to people who have been grouping with me on Duskh lately...I will be focusing exclusively on hirtz my 4 Sorc til he gets to 14 so I can get him rdy for the VoD/HoX teaching raids my guild is running this Saturday. Anyone in the 8ish range will have to let me catch up. I need Tharnes Goggles and Tharaak Wraps from the raids.

Sehenry03
02-17-2015, 04:45 PM
I will hopefully be TRing Hirtz back to 1 soon. If anyone is interested in getting a little help while I lvl him let me know =)

shirochan57
05-10-2015, 04:40 AM
Hi again.
I was wondering if You could You help me understanding prr relative to armor type.

every caster and their uncle is recently switching or at least considering switching to heavy armor due to prr/mrr usefulness.
So, I found out that using a crafted blue slot planeforged half plate along some EK enhancements would yield a 0% ASF. So far so good.
Reading about prr on ddowiki, it says that heavy armor gives 36 + BAB, and additionally heavy armor proficiency gives BAB + 6. OK.
I'm a wiz 16 FvS 2 Monk 2, my BAB is 10 and I have only medium armor proficiency.

And yet, instead of PRR of 46 (36 + 10 BAB without proficiency bonus), my prr and mrr are both flat 30.
casting tenser's, which doubles my BAB, does NOT change prr nor mrr at all.

Next I tried medium armor for which I do have armor proficiency. medium armor should provide prr of 24 + 2/3*BAB that is about 30, plus 2/3*BAB + 4 that is about 10 from proficiency.
Meanwhile I get only 31, and not 40 as I thought. casting Tenser's doubles my BAB, and should get me 24 + 14, plus 14 + 4, that is 56, yet it only got to 37...

mrr in medium armor is strange too. It should be according to wiki, 24 + 2/3*BAB (proficiency doesnt give bonus points), so in my case 24 + 6, or in tenser's 24 + 14. and yet I get flat 20, with no change from tenser's (all tested on feycraft scalemail).

Obviously there is sth wrong with my understanding of prr and mrr bonuses, or with ddowiki explanation.
Any thoughts on this?
thanks

Dandonk
05-10-2015, 05:06 AM
I think the issue is that you do not get the BAB related bonus PRR if you are not proficient in the armor you're wearing.

shirochan57
05-10-2015, 07:24 AM
I think the issue is that you do not get the BAB related bonus PRR if you are not proficient in the armor you're wearing.

Yes I thought so too. But then again, FvS give me proficiency with medium armor, and as I wrote medium armor prr and mrr does not add up either

Dandonk
05-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Yes I thought so too. But then again, FvS give me proficiency with medium armor, and as I wrote medium armor prr and mrr does not add up either

Hmm, that does seem weird.

shirochan57
05-12-2015, 04:42 AM
Hmm, that does seem weird.

Exactly
I have no idea if I'm getting the bonuses everyone else gets, or
if there is sth wrong with my build