PDA

View Full Version : How does Spiritual Bond work, exactly?

Relenthe
01-09-2015, 01:03 PM
I don't have a fighter at the moment so I can't test it myself.

Spiritual bond reads that on a vorpal it gains a stack of battle meditation if you have fewer stacks of battle meditation than kensai core abilities (+1 enhancement to weapon)

However it also states that it stacks up to 10 times. How, according to the above wording, is it able to go higher than 5 stacks since there are only 5 kensai core abilities?

Weapon meditation doesn't have the kensai core ability limit, but I can't imagine it ever being worthwhile to meditate and gain 1 stack every second, especially if you can't keep them up since you can only have 5 max stacks anyway in combat, according to the above wording.

the_one_dwarfforged
01-11-2015, 10:31 AM
i seem to recall having like 8 stacks, but honestly i never check because im either fighting and too busy or not procing it or im not fighting. also youd have to be getting quite a few hits in to actually get that many stacks before they expire.

i suppose you could test it on the dummy but i dont have a fighter right now either.

basically i would just ignore it as its not very useful, and you cant count on it anyway.

Asarion
01-15-2015, 11:09 PM
I just recently returned to DDO after a year or two hiatus. Decided to rebuild my fighter as a pure dps since (imo) Stalwart Defender got totally nerf'd from what I had my character built as originally.

That being said the Spirit Bond and Weapon Meditation is confusing me as well. Especially since I have used the Weapon Meditation just before a fight and I saw no additional buffs to my attack or my damage.

I have no idea how long this ability has been in play within DDO, so Idk if it was been worked on, fixed, tweeked, modified or just left as is. If someone could please explain it to me as simply as possible I would appreciate that.

gwonbush
01-16-2015, 01:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that you can meditate up to +10, but you can only sustain up to the number of cores you have in combat.

kgoodson3
01-16-2015, 09:37 AM
They both "work". There is no screen graphic that shows them as "on" but if you go to details in your inventory on your equipped weapons, you can see the +enhancements going up. I believe if you have the weapons hotkeyed you can also see it that way.

As stated though they are not that great of an ability. Not useless, but not very good either.

gwonbush
01-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Spiritual Bond is reasonably good, providing +1 enhancement bonus per core for only 1 AP since I've found when testing that you can sustain the max stacks without too much hassle. However, Weapon Meditation is pure garbage unless your party is shrining and you don't need one yet.

Asarion
01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Ok awesome. Thanks a ton for the replies. So then based on what you all have said, I think I will only take one point in Weapon meditation just so I can unlock the other abilities that I noticed I would actually like.