PDA

View Full Version : Seeking guidance on creating a necromancer preffered.

Sett
01-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Hey im new to ddo but not the mechanics of the game since pen and paper so on.
Im looking for a guide to create a necromancer or a wizard that does not use traps<<<< ti really dont want that ty.
Seeking a caster wizard that is great solo.

please someone help me and guide me .

thank you all

Thalone
01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Not sure what "does not use traps" is supposed to mean. EllisDee has a good beginner wizard build here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422622). If you don't want to splash rogue for trapping skills, you can just go pure wizard.

Enoach
01-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Pure wizard is solo capable.

At low levels the Skeleton Pet enhancement found in the Pale Master tree can be used to get past places requiring multiple levers pulled and throw in a few buffs via wands/scrolls makes a capable agro magnate especially if combined with scrolled summon monster spells (scrolled or use of spell points the summon is the same, but scrolled you can get one spell level higher then what can be cast from memory)

With the addition of the Eldrich Knight and Harper trees it is also easier to create a Melee based Arcane. EK tree gets you access to a cleave ability very early on - Cleave ability is powerful especially at lower levels. Switching trees around is also much easier and does not require days in between to do so, just some coin.

Roland_D'Arabel
01-06-2015, 07:37 PM
The Holy Grail of Pale Master Guides: Pale Master Guide (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/405017-Pale-Master-Guide)

JJMC895610
01-06-2015, 07:46 PM
The Holy Grail of Pale Master Guides: Pale Master Guide (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/405017-Pale-Master-Guide)
This. Andoris has the best PM guide.

Sett
01-07-2015, 12:56 PM
absolute fantastic replies from the community.
Just got home from work and I see all the help from you guys given.
Thank you!

LiquidZombie
01-10-2015, 09:04 AM
The combination of the PM skeleton and a melee hireling (preferably one that can self-heal, or warforged so that you can heal it yourself using Repair spells) are excellent for soloing, since you can rely on the melees to do most of the damage while saving your limited spell points for difficult-to-reach or dangerous enemies.

Assuming of course that the use of hirelings is an acceptable form of "soloing" for you.

Such755
01-15-2015, 01:56 AM
Wizard is extremely easy to solo even without a rogue splash.
Go human. The extra feat will be great, and you can increase your intelligence from the human enhancement tree.
Maximize intelligence on creation, the rest goes to constitution. If you have any spares, put them into strength. More strength is more carrying capacity and less chance to be exhausted by enemy spells. It makes a difference.
I would drop con to 16 even just to increase strength to 10 or 12.

Your skills should be concentration and spellcraft, the rest is up to you.
Perform will boost your sonic spells.
Balance and jump are nice, search (to find secret doors), use magic device, swim (swimming fast is cool).
Go crazy here.

Feats are an important selection. You get 1 bonus feat for being a human (Marked "h") and a bonus feat for being a wizard every 4 levels (marked "w").
The trick is, there is a limited selection on which wizard feats you can take. They include mental toughness, all metamagic feats and all spell focus (But not greater), therefor it's important to plan ahead otherwise you'll be stuck.
I chose Enchantment as secondary school to necromancy, because it's incredibly useful for either solo or group play.
Feats by level:
1h : Maximize spell
1 : SF: Necro
1W : Extend
3 : Insightful Reflex
5W : Quicken
6 : Past life: Wizard (swap for Mental toughness if you don't have it)
9 : Spell pen
10W: Heighten
12 : GSF: Necro
15 :Greater spell pen
15W: SF: Enchantment
18 : GSF: Enchantment
20 : Empower
Epic feats: Epic spell pen, epic int x2

As far as enhancements, pale master should be your main, all the way to the top. Max int, max spell penetration, and play around.
Advance the Arch Mage tree in such way that you'll get the Web spell life ability, also work to get the intelligence bonus.
Enhancements can be played with a lot, so go crazy.
In my signature there's my old guide on how to build a wizard, it's out of date but a lot of things are still relevant.

Good luck

iconiclastic
06-08-2016, 01:21 PM
I suggest you just go with a drow max out int set the other stats to 10 min and put the rest in con. Then just level up, get all the wizard feats there are with all the spell penetration mental toughness and imp mental toughness and take necro focus and imp necro focus max empower heighten quicken I wouldn't bother with enlarge. many people go for that stupid skeleton I think its uber lame just mem a repair spell and take a warforged hireling I do and I just elite my way through it all by using crowd control, low level cc is hypnotism and static shock , those spells that stun or incap a mob for a bit at the high end I tend to use mass hold monster a lot and just because your a necro doesn't mean you shouldn't be a cc caster in fact as a lich your better at it than other wizards because of the intelligence boost just make sure you have items to increase your enchantment spells like at mid levels a dream spitter is good. I also suggest you only maximize your spells that do damage so you don't run thru all your sp too fast, once you get to epic levels max empower away. Its hard to go thru all sp at cap with max and empower.
Necro isn't hard really its the gear for end game that you really need like the deific diadem when you have death aura going it is like casting a spell so as long as its on you have a continuos +2 to necro dc's. I hope this helps. Oh ya your low level spells like web make sure to have heighten on with those at higher level or your just wasting your sp casting them.

iconiclastic
06-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Nuff said!