PDA

View Full Version : Harcher vs Sylvan Shooter (Sun Elf vs Vanilla Elf)

Gimpy007
01-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Sun Elf vs Sylvan Shooter – FvS head to head comparison with your help

Though perhaps it’s more of a Sun Elf vs Vanilla Elf comparison…

I’m going to make a FvS (my preferred class) that (hopefully) will be fun to play but use the Primal tree so I can get three PLs of Colors of the Queen. There are two versions of this… Please critique the builds and give your thoughts on which would be the stronger and which would be the more fun to play.

Please see the posts below:

Oh and in case you have any thoughts specific to me… I’ve got +6 tomes, completionist, 2x ranger past lives, and most of the endgame (25+) gear. I don’t have much of the level 20 epic gear (scroll, shard, seal).

Gimpy007
01-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Harcher

Sun Elf FvS archer that uses the Harper Agent tree.

The goal of this build is to be a capable direct damage FvS utilizing the Harper int bonuses to become a capable archer. Shiradi is the sugar on top.

Str: 8
Dex: 9
Int: 19 all level ups into int
Wis: 16
Con: 15
Cha: 10

Stat Logic: Str is primarily only good for carrying capacity and with tomes/items anything higher than an 8 is a waste of points. Dex is primarily only good for unlocking Rapid Shot. Int is king – intelligence is used for skill points (very handy on a caster), attack rating, and damage. Wis is good for spell DCs. Con is good for HP. Cha is good for hooking up with the ladies…. And spell points too I guess.

Feats:
1 Quicken
3 Completionist/Toughness
6 Maximize
9 Empower
12 PBS
15 Rapid Shot
18 Improved Crit
21 Overwhelming Crit
24 Your flavor of choice
26 +20 Light Spell Power
27 Ruin/Mental Toughness/Epic Toughness/Toughness
28 +10% Doubleshot

Skills (in order of importance): You will have points left over for your preferred skills.
Spell Crafting (max)
Perform (max)
Healing (max)
Spot (max)
Tumble (1 pt)
Jump (max)
Balance (max)

Enhancements: I do these a bit different than most. I use a spreadsheet (I plan my characters while at work)

Points Spent:
Harper 12
War Priest 32
AoV 21
Remaining Points 15

Harper Cost spent Req Descrip
C1 1 1 0 +1 hit vs evil, +1 universal spell pwr
T1 2 3 1 Use int mod to hit
T1 2 5 1 +10 HP
C2 2 7 5 +1 int
T2 3 10 5 +3 ranged power, spell power, melee power
T3 2 12 10 use int mod for dmg

WarPriest Cost spent Req Descrip
C1 1 1 0 +2 ac, +5 fire and light spell power
T1 3 4 1 +15 HP
T1 2 6 1 +1 enhancement to longbows
C2 1 7 5 +2 ac, +5 fire and light spell power, DR 5/-
T2 2 9 5 +1 enhancement to longbows
T2 1 10 5 +3 PRR
C3 1 11 10 +2 ac, +5 fire and light spell power
T3 2 13 10 +1 enhancement to longbows
T2 3 16 5 +4 action boost to AC, attack, dmg for 30 seconds… cool down 1 min
T2 2 18 5 +7 PRR
T1 2 20 1 when heal allies they gain +2 ac and PRR for 12 seconds
T4 2 22 20 +1 enhancement to longbows
T5 2 24 20 +1 enhancement to longbows, on vorp hit with longbow attacks gain +3d4 light dmg for 6 seconds
C4 1 25 20 +2 ac, fire and light spell power, blur added to spell book
T1 1 26 1 when heal allies they gain +3 AC and PRR for 12 seconds
T3 2 28 10 +1 wisdom/charisma
T4 2 30 20 +1 wisdom/charisma
T5 2 32 30 BAB of a fighter

AoV Cost spent Req Descrip
C1 1 1 0 each pt in tree gain 1 universal spell power and 2 spell points
T1 3 4 1 when cast fire, force, light, or untyped spell gain +3 fire, force, light, untyped spell power for 6 seconds, stacks 10 times
T1 2 6 1 FFLU spells have 2% crit chance
C2 1 7 5 those that strike have chance to suffer light vuln
T2 6 13 5 Maximize uses 9 fewer spell pts
C3 1 14 10 15 meter aura that decreases saves, attac, and AC by 2
T2 2 16 5 FFLU spells have 2% crit chance
T3 2 18 10 FFLU spells have 2% crit chance
T3 2 20 5 bows are implements in your hands
C4 1 21 20 Summon Archon
C4 6 27 20 +3 caster level to fire, force, light, and untyped caster level

Gear:

Obviously the gear will depend on what you have available… but the sweet stuff to have will be:

Lantern Ring (upgraded of course)
Pinion (Harcher bread and butter)… or maybe thunderforged
Blue Dragonscale (MA or HA depending on your preference of a -4 attack penalty and PRR/MRR – I go HA)

So the strengths of this build are in its skill such as having more skill points to spread around and a higher spellcraft since it is an int based skill. This build will also receive the sunbolt SLA which hits for great numbers sometimes and has a cool look to it (though it can be evaded) It has a modicum of ranged ability and this combined with normal FvS tactics (archon, BB kyting, etc) and Shiradi it dishes out some good damage and a bit of crowd control.

Gimpy007
01-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Sylvan Shooter

I haven’t played the Harcher build yet but I have played the Sylvan Shooter. It isn’t an in your face build but it is great fun to play. This is a plain old ebberon elf FvS with ranged focus.

Stats:

Str: 8
Dex: 18 all level ups here
Int: 9
Wis: 16
Con: 15
Cha: 9

Feats:
1 Quicken
3 Completionist
6 Maxamize
9 Empower
12 PBS
15 Rapid Shot
18 Improved Crit
21 Combat Archery
24 overwhelming Critical
26 +20 Light Spell Power
27 Ruin/Mental Toughness/Epic Toughness/Toughness
28 +10% Doubleshot

Skills (in order of importance): You wont have enough points for all of the skills that are useful so some personal preference and thought is required. Keep in mind that Perform increases sonic damage and Shiradi does significant sonic damage. Spot is also a good skill for an archer since if you can’t see it you can’t shoot it. I’ve also found that it helps survivability to know where the mobs are and how many of them are there BEFORE they hit you. If you twitch well you shouldn’t need balance, but it will occasionally be useful (remember you can block while knocked down or held [not nerve venomed] even if you don’t have a shield equipped)

Spell Crafting (max)
Perform (max)
Healing (max)
Spot (max)
Tumble (1 pt)
Jump (max)
Balance (max)

Enhancements:

Points Spent: There is quite a bit of flexability in enhancement point distribution. Compaired to below you may want to dump Arcane Archer which will give you 18 points to spend elsewhere.

Points Spent:
Elf 19
War Priest 32
AoV 21
Remaining Points 8

These points are spent exactly the same except for Harper/Elf. So I’m only listing that tree. There are 8 points left over… I will probably buy max light spell level and light spell level enhancements on the t4/t5 AoV tree.

Elf Cost spent Spent Req Descrip
core 1 1 1 0 Elven Accuracy 1 +2% to hit with all attacks, PBS and SA range increased by 2 for all core abilities from this tree
T1 2 3 0 Elven wep train +1 hit and dmg with LS, rap, and LB
core 2 2 5 0 elven dex +1 dex
T2 2 7 5 Elven wep train +1 hit and dmg with LS, rap, and LB
core 3 1 8 0 elven accuracy 2 +2% to hit with all attacks
core 4 2 10 0 elven dex 2 +1 dex
T3 2 12 10 elven wep train +1 hit and dmg with LS, rap, and LB
T2 2 14 5 Arcanum +25 spell points and +1 spell pen
C5 1 15 1 elven accuracy 3 +2% to hit with all attacks
T4 1 16 15 Grace use dex to determine damage with LS, rap, and LB
T4 2 18 15 elven wep train +1 hit and dmg with LS, rap, and LB
T4 1 19 15 skill +3 doublestrike, doubleshot, dodge, and dodge bypass

If you are skilled at strafe fighting and jump casting then this build really shines.

tsteigner
01-29-2015, 09:46 AM
since you don't take any capstone in both variants i would recommend to splash 2 lvls of Ranger
1 - free rapid shot + bow strenght
2 - str build on a fvs Soul beats dex + int build any time (even if you use harper tree for int or elf for dex) since you get divine might to add to str
with enough dex to reach combat archer together with tomes

also i would recomment to either dump wisdom and go more ranged wise, or go full out on wisdom for higher DC's, just 16 start with tomes won't really matter in higher epic diff

Kadrios
02-25-2015, 03:32 PM
It is worth remembering that you'll need to take Bow Strength in order to add your Int to bow damage via Strategic Combat II