PDA

View Full Version : Came back from the dead need help with artificer build :D

SneakJ
01-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone i was playing this game long time ago i came back n many things changed anyway i wanna ask if u guys can help me do an artificer build with 28 points (not 32 cus when i try to make custom one i start with 28 ) i dont have a problem if its ranged or meele i just want a good one who can also defuse traps and expect his weapon use spells like flame turret lightning aoe n etc cus i created an artifcer i choosed arcane marksman as second path im lvl 7 and still dont have any good spell just stupid things i cant use other ppl said they had flame turret frm 6. can anyone give me a good artificer build :D? thanks

Quandrie
01-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Hello everyone i was playing this game long time ago i came back n many things changed anyway i wanna ask if u guys can help me do an artificer build with 28 points (not 32 cus when i try to make custom one i start with 28 ) i dont have a problem if its ranged or meele i just want a good one who can also defuse traps and expect his weapon use spells like flame turret lightning aoe n etc cus i created an artifcer i choosed arcane marksman as second path im lvl 7 and still dont have any good spell just stupid things i cant use other ppl said they had flame turret frm 6. can anyone give me a good artificer build :D? thanks

I have used this build and liked it https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386775-Dubbell-O-Seven-casting-ranged-focused-artificer/page7?

Quandrie
01-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Oops, wrong link above, This one is better. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386775-Dubbell-O-Seven-casting-ranged-focused-artificer

SneakJ
01-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Oops, wrong link above, This one is better. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386775-Dubbell-O-Seven-casting-ranged-focused-artificer

problem is i have 28 poitns only on start says: Adventurer 28 points build

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 04:18 AM
Hello everyone i was playing this game long time ago i came back n many things changed anyway i wanna ask if u guys can help me do an artificer build with 28 points

Sure.

Artificer is lots of fun. It has 1 really big weakness -- it doesn't have evasion. It has 1 really big positive -- it really only needs 1 stat.

What that means is that I almost always splash 2 levels of rogue before I take artificer levels in order to get evasion. You could instead splash 2 levels of monk if you wanted to get 2 more feats and don't mind being lawful. The advantage of splashing monk instead is that you can do it a bit later when evasion becomes more important. The disadvantage of splashing monk is the annoying message you'll get about not being centered and a yellow bar that is never there.

Many people will say evasion isn't needed. They are right and they are wrong at the same time. If you are very familiar with the game and have good personal reflexes and Mario skills you don't need evasion. If you are new or returning and don't necessarily have the familiarity and skills you probably will find evasion on the "must have" list.

With that in mind, here's what I would suggest: rogue 2/artificer 16/fighter 2. Starting stats are 8, 16, 16, 16, 8, 6 (assuming warforged). Stat increases as you gain levels go into DEX until it hits 19 and then into INT. Spend skill points as you want but these should be kept at their maximum values at all times: search, disable, use magic device. Put 7, no more, no less, skill points into balance.

Leveling order is: rogue x 2, artificer x 16, fighter x 2

For feats take:
L1: single weapon fighting
L3: point blank shot
L6: rapid shot
L9: precise shot
L12: improved critical: ranged
L15: improved precise shot
L18: improved critical: piercing
L19: improved single weapon fighting (fighter feat)
L20: greater single weapon fighting (fighter feat)

You will fight with a single one-handed weapon using short sword or rapier until level 4. At level 4 you will switch to rune arm plus heavy repeater which will be your main combination until level 20. Your weapon sets of choice are rune arm + heavy repeater and rune arm + rapier depending on whether ranged or melee is the best option.

You also get some artificer class feats. I generally take maximize and empower but you may prefer maximize and quicken.

If possible get the Harper enhancement tree. There are spots to use INT to hit and to damage.

Note that if you have (or are willing to get) +3 tomes then you do not need to put any stat increases into DEX. Just use the +3 tome before level 15 or swap the L15 and L18 feats. If you do that then put all stat increases into INT instead.

INT is the key stat for spell points, spell DC and can add to both hit and damage. Ideally it should be the highest stat you have.

But, that will give you a 28 point build that will be very workable for you all the way to L20 and that can manage most of the epic content as well.

Good luck

Wh070aa
01-04-2015, 06:58 AM
Okay as an artificer you must choose what you are doing
1)archer - I recommend heavily splashing ranger, as it gives you free archery feats, evasion, and shooting abilities. 6(sniper shot),9(evasion)11(free IPS), or 12(FoM) are good stooping points.Right now my best archery build is 12 ranger, 6 arti, 2 bard. Sadly it is not what one would call artificer build, altho it uses repeaters. If you trade off 2 [W] damage( deadly weapons, and combat archery), you can dump dex, giving you way more freedom.Good fleshy healing.
2)Caster- Go full on artificer, and spam your SLA's all the time. Cons- No evasion, unless in bad epic destiny. Has great scroll buffing and healing(you get displacement and stuff). Good toster healing. Damage is not great, and falls off in epics (and generally after level 16). Still need weapon feat investments, as most spells are weapon buffs.
3)Hybrid 16 artificer, splash 2 rouge(/monk for evasion) and 2 whatever.

I do not recommend going melee on 28 point build, as you will not have enough HP to stay alive. If you still want to go SWF, splash some bard, for swashbuckling.

Also get Harper tree, when you can . Know the angles is great buff.(+ half of your int modifier)

Good luck.

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 08:27 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which is what I said, except I can spell rogue. :)

Hit points on a 28 point build with 16 CON will be just 20 to 40 below those of bigger point build -- the difference between starting with 16 CON v 18 or 20 CON. If 40 points makes or breaks the character then you are doing something wrong.

The challenge with artificer is that damage drops off compared to other at higher levels. Single weapon fighting compensates. Know the Angles stacks with whatever your damage stat is. If it is INT then it stacks INT on INT.

Harper tree plus INT based warforged plus single weapon fighting is the way to go. Splashing ranger is a good idea but for the wrong reason. And, the right reason might eventually get fixed as it is probably a bug/exploit....

Take care

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Here's something else you can try if you have bladeforged. Build a paladin 1/rogue 1/artificer 13. Now use an LR +1 to get replace paladin with rogue and an alignment change from the DDO store to get rid of lawful. Then do an LR +5 to go rogue 2/bard 5/artificer 8 with remaining levels going into artificer.

Now you have a melee artificer that can swashbuckle, does traps and has evasion. With the SWF line and artificer armor of speed it will get a 45% speed boost to attacks. The bard levels lets it gain 5th tier of swashbuckler enhancements. Go INT based for massive skill points. Use the Harper tree for INT to hit and damage plus know the angles.

An investment for the Turbine points but monster sustained DPS. Equip with thunderforged rapier or Balizarde (Turbulent Epee is a good choice in heroic content). Heavy repeater for when ranged is better choice.

Repair spells and bladeforged reconstruct for self healing. Embrace your warforged side for repair amp (and because the mindset is self heal anyway there's no reason to embrace the human side).

Enjoy

SneakJ
01-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Sure.

Artificer is lots of fun. It has 1 really big weakness -- it doesn't have evasion. It has 1 really big positive -- it really only needs 1 stat.

What that means is that I almost always splash 2 levels of rogue before I take artificer levels in order to get evasion. You could instead splash 2 levels of monk if you wanted to get 2 more feats and don't mind being lawful. The advantage of splashing monk instead is that you can do it a bit later when evasion becomes more important. The disadvantage of splashing monk is the annoying message you'll get about not being centered and a yellow bar that is never there.

Many people will say evasion isn't needed. They are right and they are wrong at the same time. If you are very familiar with the game and have good personal reflexes and Mario skills you don't need evasion. If you are new or returning and don't necessarily have the familiarity and skills you probably will find evasion on the "must have" list.

With that in mind, here's what I would suggest: rogue 2/artificer 16/fighter 2. Starting stats are 8, 16, 16, 16, 8, 6 (assuming warforged). Stat increases as you gain levels go into DEX until it hits 19 and then into INT. Spend skill points as you want but these should be kept at their maximum values at all times: search, disable, use magic device. Put 7, no more, no less, skill points into balance.

Leveling order is: rogue x 2, artificer x 16, fighter x 2

For feats take:
L1: single weapon fighting
L3: point blank shot
L6: rapid shot
L9: precise shot
L12: improved critical: ranged
L15: improved precise shot
L18: improved critical: piercing
L19: improved single weapon fighting (fighter feat)
L20: greater single weapon fighting (fighter feat)

You will fight with a single one-handed weapon using short sword or rapier until level 4. At level 4 you will switch to rune arm plus heavy repeater which will be your main combination until level 20. Your weapon sets of choice are rune arm + heavy repeater and rune arm + rapier depending on whether ranged or melee is the best option.

You also get some artificer class feats. I generally take maximize and empower but you may prefer maximize and quicken.

If possible get the Harper enhancement tree. There are spots to use INT to hit and to damage.

Note that if you have (or are willing to get) +3 tomes then you do not need to put any stat increases into DEX. Just use the +3 tome before level 15 or swap the L15 and L18 feats. If you do that then put all stat increases into INT instead.

INT is the key stat for spell points, spell DC and can add to both hit and damage. Ideally it should be the highest stat you have.

But, that will give you a 28 point build that will be very workable for you all the way to L20 and that can manage most of the epic content as well.

Good luck
Tyvm very nice build

SneakJ
01-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Okay as an artificer you must choose what you are doing
1)archer - I recommend heavily splashing ranger, as it gives you free archery feats, evasion, and shooting abilities. 6(sniper shot),9(evasion)11(free IPS), or 12(FoM) are good stooping points.Right now my best archery build is 12 ranger, 6 arti, 2 bard. Sadly it is not what one would call artificer build, altho it uses repeaters. If you trade off 2 [W] damage( deadly weapons, and combat archery), you can dump dex, giving you way more freedom.Good fleshy healing.
2)Caster- Go full on artificer, and spam your SLA's all the time. Cons- No evasion, unless in bad epic destiny. Has great scroll buffing and healing(you get displacement and stuff). Good toster healing. Damage is not great, and falls off in epics (and generally after level 16). Still need weapon feat investments, as most spells are weapon buffs.

I do not recommend going melee on 28 point build, as you will not have enough HP to stay alive. If you still want to go SWF, splash some bard, for swashbuckling.

Also get Harper tree, when you can . Know the angles is great buff.(+ half of your int modifier)

Good luck.
Thanks alot

CThruTheEgo
01-05-2015, 01:55 PM
problem is i have 28 poitns only on start says: Adventurer 28 points build

You can still do Dubbell O'Seven as a 28 point build. The stat requirements are less than they were when I originally created it. Just lower starting con to 15 and int to 17. The only stat requirements are dex 19 for improved precise shot (which I would recommend getting) and dex 21 for combat archery (which I would probably drop in favor of investing more level ups into int). Invest your level up stat points into dex at levels 8/12/16 as needed depending on what dex tome you have available, if any. Just remember that the earlier you invest your level ups into int, the more skill points you'll get to spend per level, so start looking for a dex tome early to figure out how many level ups you actually need to invest in dex. If you get a +3 dex tome, you can invest 2 level ups and still qualify for combat archery.

Emphasizing ranged dps, spell dps, and survivability, it's a very well rounded build and a lot of fun.