PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch knight

losvtranse
01-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Hello, my question is - what levels after 12 i shoud take for Eldritch knight? I`m thinkin about dual wield build, so - what`s better? To take kensai/tempest/both or go clear 20 EK?

dunklezhan
01-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Hello, my question is - what levels after 12 i shoud take for Eldritch knight? I`m thinkin about dual wield build, so - what`s better? To take kensai/tempest/both or go clear 20 EK?

I did very well with my 2hander EK by taking 8 levels of fighter. I dont' see why TWF would be any different. Most of my points went in EK, PM (wraith for mitigation) and the rest in Kensai (and a bit of half orc).

1st life character happily soloing EH (even now with champs) at L26. DPS not awesome, survivability is pretty damn awesome. Not unkillable by any means, spike damage if it lands hurts a LOT as I didn't have hte AP free to offset much arcane failure, so I'm running about in a hide of the goristo, so very little PRR/MRR, but incorp, blur, displace, perma tensers and all the buffs in the world go a long way when you're cleaving in the middle of an icestorm whilst your aura ticks, even caster L12 versions.

losvtranse
01-01-2015, 02:21 PM
I did very well with my 2hander EK by taking 8 levels of fighter. I dont' see why TWF would be any different. Most of my points went in EK, PM (wraith for mitigation) and the rest in Kensai (and a bit of half orc).

1st life character happily soloing EH (even now with champs) at L26. DPS not awesome, survivability is pretty damn awesome. Not unkillable by any means, spike damage if it lands hurts a LOT as I didn't have hte AP free to offset much arcane failure, so I'm running about in a hide of the goristo, so very little PRR/MRR, but incorp, blur, displace, perma tensers and all the buffs in the world go a long way when you're cleaving in the middle of an icestorm whilst your aura ticks, even caster L12 versions.
i thought about twf because of that enchancments applyes to both weapons and that it might work better for twf that thf

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 10:28 PM

Dual wielding is the weakest of the combat styles right now. It is really a very, very bad choice.

Instead try single weapon fighting while carrying an orb. Orb will give you perks on the arcane side. Single weapon fighting will get you to 145% attack speed.

Assuming you are taking wizard as the base class you will already be invested in INT. Use that to your advantage by really exploiting the Harper enhancements.

Reasonable option for remaining 8 levels include bard 4 for swashbuckler. Rogue 2 (taken at levels 1 and 2) for traps, evasion, etc. is also a good choice. You can also consider 2 to 3 levels of fighter or paladin. Lastly, pure wizard makes great sense as well. The real key is, what do you want to be able to do?

A pale-master eldritch knight is lots of fun.

Edit: Did some testing yesterday. It looks like 145% attack speed might be a hard cap. With GSWF and a base +35% attack speed using Haste only increased the speed to +45%. Per the description, Haste should add 15% which would have given +50%.