PDA

View Full Version : Bladeforged Lesser Reincarnation

Bluegirl_Two
12-29-2014, 11:07 PM
I thought I would try Bladeforged but wanted to run 2 rogue/18 paladin. When I used a LR+1 to put rogue at level 1 I lost all the repair spells from paladin.

Am I out of luck? Or, can I LR+1 back to paladin at level 1 and just wait to take rogue until after I get all my spells? Will that give me back the repair spells on the Bladeforged paladin?

Thanks

FuzzyDuck81
12-30-2014, 01:51 AM
I did something similar on one of my own bladeforged then when switching to a different build later with paladin at 1st level again i ran into the same problem, so i think you're out of luck :(

Bluegirl_Two
12-30-2014, 04:23 AM
Sad Face :(

Thank you for the information.

unbongwah
01-02-2015, 10:59 AM
I did something similar on one of my own bladeforged then when switching to a different build later with paladin at 1st level again i ran into the same problem, so i think you're out of luck :(
Actually, there is a way to get the Repair spells back; when you LR again, change your first class choice to Bladeforged, not paladin.

Impaqt
01-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Seems like a bug to me. Make sure you put a ticket in.

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 04:26 AM
Actually, there is a way to get the Repair spells back; when you LR again, change your first class choice to Bladeforged, not paladin.

Bladeforged isn't a class choice, its a racial choice, and it is automatically generated for you when you LR. So, I'm not sure how that would work.

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 04:28 AM
Seems like a bug to me. Make sure you put a ticket in.

If it is a bug it has been around since bladeforged were introduced. I searched the forums before posting and it was a common complaint. I posted hoping it had changed.

In any case, too late now. Spent the money to buy new heart woods and did multiple LRs to monk. Will just run that to L28 with inherent reconstruct.

Thanks though.

Mindos
01-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Bladeforged isn't a class choice, its a racial choice, and it is automatically generated for you when you LR. So, I'm not sure how that would work.

Actually, the Iconics are BOTH: A race and a class, together. That's why they are all bound with a first class level, i.e, Bladeforged with paladin.

Now, you're thinking, how does that help me? Sorry you already changed away from this, but here's how to make it work, for next time: When you return to the character selection screen DO NOT select paladin, instead, click on iconic, then Bladeforged. You'll get the first level of paladin, and all the repair stuff you've been looking for, etc. This problem has been around since the beginnning of Iconics, usually with the oppisite of you, people trying to +lr away the first level, and getting it back and wasteing a heart.

Remember, you have to pick the iconic for the goodies, and you'll get the first class level. If you pick the class level first, you lose the connection between the two...

Bluegirl_Two
01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Actually, the Iconics are BOTH: A race and a class, together. That's why they are all bound with a first class level, i.e, Bladeforged with paladin.

Now, you're thinking, how does that help me? Sorry you already changed away from this, but here's how to make it work, for next time: When you return to the character selection screen DO NOT select paladin, instead, click on iconic, then Bladeforged. You'll get the first level of paladin, and all the repair stuff you've been looking for, etc. This problem has been around since the beginnning of Iconics, usually with the oppisite of you, people trying to +lr away the first level, and getting it back and wasteing a heart.

Remember, you have to pick the iconic for the goodies, and you'll get the first class level. If you pick the class level first, you lose the connection between the two...

Thanks! I'll try that next time.

ccd1977
11-05-2015, 02:31 PM
I thought I would try Bladeforged but wanted to run 2 rogue/18 paladin. When I used a LR+1 to put rogue at level 1 I lost all the repair spells from paladin.Am I out of luck? Or, can I LR+1 back to paladin at level 1 and just wait to take rogue until after I get all my spells? Will that give me back the repair spells on the Bladeforged paladin?ThanksI have a question about the LR for an iconic. If I use a LR +1, say on a sun elf to build a pale master (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/405017-Pale-Master-Guide), won't I be made to take the remaining levels as before I LR'd?

unbongwah
11-05-2015, 02:58 PM
I have a question about the LR for an iconic. If I use a LR +1, say on a sun elf to build a pale master (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/405017-Pale-Master-Guide), won't I be made to take the remaining levels as before I LR'd?
That's correct, so what you do is: create a ML cleric 1 / wiz 14 char; LR +1 to get rid of your first cleric level and switch it to wiz; your remaining levels will remain wiz so when you're done LRing you'll be wiz 15.

ccd1977
11-06-2015, 06:12 AM
That's correct, so what you do is: create a ML cleric 1 / wiz 14 char; LR +1 to get rid of your first cleric level and switch it to wiz; your remaining levels will remain wiz so when you're done LRing you'll be wiz 15.Gotcha! That makes sense. Thank you for your help!