PDA

View Full Version : Champion summons

Enderoc
12-26-2014, 04:40 PM
I think it would be fair to sometimes have the probability to summon champion creatures via spell. Simple as that.

dunklezhan
12-26-2014, 05:14 PM
/signed. If NPCs and dead bodies can be champs, I want my summons to get some buffage too.

Less /signed, they should just make Druid and Arti pets champions full time. :D

nibel
12-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Uh, this is already the case. I summoned a fire elemental once that was crowned. (It only had the "I hit harder" buff, however)

I would /sign for a petition to make the Augment Summon feat always make your summons a champion (but not hirelings, pets or charmed creatures).

Ayseifn
12-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Uh, this is already the case. I summoned a fire elemental once that was crowned. (It only had the "I hit harder" buff, however)

I would /sign for a petition to make the Augment Summon feat always make your summons a champion (but not hirelings, pets or charmed creatures).

A +5% chance per +1 attributes could be cool, so +20% from aug summoning, +30% from 3 druid past lives and +20% from Harper Leadership should put you at 80% if they're still at 10% base chance.

ahitcher
01-03-2015, 05:22 PM
With most players being able to solo the quests, I would say no to the idea. We need to balance out the game, make it a challenge once again.

Enderoc
01-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Having the augment summoning feat should allow your pets to advance in level with you no matter your arti/pale/druid level all the way into epics in my opinion. Not in enhancement ranks however. You have to take the levels if you want the AP.

fmalfeas
01-05-2015, 06:09 AM
With most players being able to solo the quests, I would say no to the idea. We need to balance out the game, make it a challenge once again.

Make a wizard alt. Don't twink him. Declare him a dedicated summoner. See how well you do, even on hard. Even on normal, the summons are...lackluster at best with rare exceptions. (Hezrou and Orthon are passable distractions, and Greater Air elemental is an okay ghetto CC. Bearded Devil is...um...well, not as terrible as the others in that level range. Beyond that, the summons are so terrible they're not worth thinking about.)

FuzzyDuck81
01-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Make a wizard alt. Don't twink him. Declare him a dedicated summoner. See how well you do, even on hard. Even on normal, the summons are...lackluster at best with rare exceptions. (Hezrou and Orthon are passable distractions, and Greater Air elemental is an okay ghetto CC. Bearded Devil is...um...well, not as terrible as the others in that level range. Beyond that, the summons are so terrible they're not worth thinking about.)

Clearly you've never TRed into an arty with an ooze2 repeater :) They're surprisingly good & aren't subject to the usual limit on number of summons, so with a little luck you can have a crowd of them providing some rather effective crowd control by simply gunking the place up.

Also, in epics. the elder dryad from primal avatar destiny isn't too bad either, she casts death ward & regenerate - though you can't necessarily predict when she'll decide to.