PDA

View Full Version : vip question...

rlarge
12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
how do I drop VIP? It is taking me much longer than I thought it would to get a character high enough to actually use t he advantages of VIP. I want to drop it till I get my characters higher but can't seem to find where to do that.

kemetka
12-23-2014, 10:54 AM
how do I drop VIP? It is taking me much longer than I thought it would to get a character high enough to actually use t he advantages of VIP. I want to drop it till I get my characters higher but can't seem to find where to do that.

you have to do this from your turbine account : https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php

Livmo
12-23-2014, 10:55 AM

VIPs are getting a nice XP boost this week.

This may or may not be worth a look see:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/338050-A-Guide-to-Converting-from-VIP-to-Premium?highlight=cancel+VIP

On a side note, I've never been VIP, but I do buy all the packs on my accounts to support Turbine. Once nice thing about VIP is that you have access to all the content, but the expansions and get 500 TPs per month that can be hoarded.

rlarge
12-23-2014, 11:01 AM
thx for the info. I may get vip again later but does not seem worth it atm as I can't use much of the content yet anyway. I did buy the two expansions but... anyway thx.

TrinityTurtle
12-23-2014, 11:13 AM
What you do with your money is your decision, but I'm confused by the level of vip usage.

You are gaining the advantage of being able to open any difficulty you want to do a quest on now, and the 10% extra xp to help you level faster. Also, in the low levels: Catacombs, Sharn Syndicate, Carnival, Sentinals, 3barrel cove, and tangleroot are all low level pay to play packs.

Seikojin
12-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Go to www.turbine.com and manage your account. Look for auto-renewal stuff. If you used a time card, then you just have to let it expire. You can turn it on and off per day.

unbongwah
12-23-2014, 11:53 AM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Account_comparisons

Being a VIP isn't just about content; it's also about other features like a shared bank and access to P2P races & classes. So make sure you're not relying on any VIP perks before canceling.

Uska
12-23-2014, 12:06 PM
There are more advantages to being VIP at lower levels than higher

rlarge
12-23-2014, 12:08 PM
I will still have premium which is not the same but does give me shared bank I think. I had it before with premium so unless it has changed.... I don't know. I dropped vip but it does not run out till jan 15 so I "think" I have some time to reconsider

Uska
12-23-2014, 12:17 PM
I will still have premium which is not the same but does give me shared bank I think. I had it before with premium so unless it has changed.... I don't know. I dropped vip but it does not run out till jan 15 so I "think" I have some time to reconsider

Premiums have to,buy the shared bank

rlarge
12-23-2014, 12:24 PM
yes but since I had bought it before when I started, before I got vip I "should" still have it when vip goes a way. unless turbine is not smart.l

cdbd3rd
12-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Also, not seeing it mentioned yet - when you cancel your VIP sub, the current sub will continue through the current period. After your renewal date, then you drop to Premium.

edit @ previous post: Yes, once you buy something (Shared Bank in this case), it's always there.