PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerers and Armor

Peter_Principle
12-19-2014, 04:54 PM
I was thinking about the possibilities surrounding sorcerers and the wearing of armor,. With the new armor rules it could offer some useful protection for our squishy selves.

Had anyone tried this? Shoot for medium armor or stick with light armor? Shields too? Bucklers, light shields, heavy, or skip? How do you deal with ASF? I imagine you'd want to be an elf for that...or would you?

All thoughts on this appreciated.

mikarddo
12-19-2014, 05:12 PM
I was thinking about the possibilities surrounding sorcerers and the wearing of armor,. With the new armor rules it could offer some useful protection for our squishy selves.

Had anyone tried this? Shoot for medium armor or stick with light armor? Shields too? Bucklers, light shields, heavy, or skip? How do you deal with ASF? I imagine you'd want to be an elf for that...or would you?

All thoughts on this appreciated.

BF, Adamantite Body, the Tower Shield with no asf from GH Tor and the -30/-60 dr from Shadow Armor at level 28.
-15% asf in BF tree, -15% from augment and -5% from EK tree.

It feels wrong but it works fairly well so I am using it.

unbongwah
12-19-2014, 05:34 PM
There have been at least a few threads discussing this issue; this is the first one I could find (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451581-Will-Wizards-Sorceresr-be-herded-into-using-armor-shields).

Uska
12-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Sun Elf and eldritch knight gives you a nice amount of spell failure reduction and you can get a shield from the orchard to get some more with the special shield spell from EK and the armor you can get 65 PRR and 50 some MRR which isn't bad.