PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer - a few questions

Ed_Conn
12-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Hello,

I will be TR’ing shortly and I am looking for some help and answers, if possible.

To start with: I’m not a total noob, but nowhere near an advanced player either. I am completing my second life. Both lives were as a sorcerer. First life I was an elf sorc primary cold secondary air, which really struggled starting mid-way through heroics, I tr’d at level 20. This life is a human sorc primary air, secondary cold. My second was better. I have a lot of fun playing a sorc, but I still struggle with the class at times. My playing has been a mix of PUGs and solo. When I do solo I am usually on hard and over level so I don’t break my streak.

My intention is to build another pure sorc to work through Heroics on elite and into Epics probably on Hard. I expect to continue a combination PUGs and solo, with PUGs being more common since I will be able to open quests on Elite. I bought the warforged race for this life mostly to help with the self-healing, especially in Epics since I lack the Destinies needed for cocoon. I am looking at fire as a primary with air as a secondary. I’d also like to be more of a contributor than a hindrance in groups, but alas that may not be just build issues.

With that in mind.

I have read a lot of posts that fire is problematic in upper levels. Most of the posts seem old and maybe that isn’t the case anymore. How is fire in Epics? Is it useful, or am I better off using air as my primary? Or is this just a bad combo no matter what?

Are the SLAs worth it? The builds I have looked at that rely on them tend to get all the metamagics to beef them up. It seems like a big investment in APs and feats. Are they worth the costs?

Assuming the SLA’s are worth it, do Maximize and Empower stack on the SLAs? Or are there any of the metamagics that just aren’t worth it?

I’ve looked at a few build ideas for what I want. Right now I’m partial to a build listed in this post: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/436673-Starting-new-sorc-at-lvl-7-need-advice Are there other builds I should be looking into?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Ed

Panzermeyer
12-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Pretty much any element is good now a days. Everyone will have their opinion that this is better than that, but there clearly is no agreement, so to me it is clear that it is preference now a days. Fire use to be frowned upon at and after about 18 as in the vale and shavarath there was so much that was immune to or highly resistant to Fire. However this is why you want a second element, and you can clearly continue level without running into too much fire resistance/immune stuff.

Personally I think in Heroic mid-levels Fire is the way to go since there is so much undead. Web and Firewall for the win.

With a dragon's blood and reseting your enhancements you can go fire/whatever and then respec later if you want.

I personally do think the SLA'a are worth it, anything to save on SP. And yes Maximize and Empower typically do stack on SLA's. Do not worry about the feat investment since as a caster most other feats besides metamagics are mostly just nice to haves rather than necessary.

Eschew Materials is definitely not worth it. Extend is very worthwhile at lower levels, particularly for Haste and Displace, but you might want to consider swapping it out at higher levels for one of the below.

Maximize, Empower, and Quicken are a must have. Heighten is highly recommended. Being a sorc you will likely want SF and GSF Evo. Leaves you one left (at heroic levels). Mental Toughness line can also be good for more nuking SP and higher crit chance.

Personally I always ran with Force of Personality on a sorc to help my saves. I always run with Enlarge on my Druid caster particularly for the SLA's, it is just super awesome to be able to attack something long before it can see you.

Drow gives you max Cha, but human gives you an extra feat, to which Sorcs are feat starved. So your preference.

Ed_Conn
12-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.

All good info, and it makes a lot of sense.

I do have a question.

Drow gives you max Cha, but human gives you an extra feat, to which Sorcs are feat starved. So your preference.

Both valid points, but I didn't see warforged listed.

My biggest problem has been survivability once I past the point where I can one shot a room. A healing hire helps when I solo (usually), but I may have become too reliant on them. PUGs are a different story. It seems groups aren't really fond of my soul stone - I can't imagine why ;)

My current life which is human, I maxed UMD as much as I could. I try to use scrolls to heal, which is helpful. With the failure rate, the extra time to switch from staff to scroll and cast, my success at self-healing has been uneven. My assumption, and I may be wrong, was that pumping the points into repair instead of UMD and using the repair and reconstruct spells would significantly improve my survivability.

Am I over-estimating the speed and healing from the spells? Or is the drop in Charisma more important than I realize?

Thanks again for the reply.

Ed

axel15810
12-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I do have a question.

My biggest problem has been survivability once I past the point where I can one shot a room. A healing hire helps when I solo (usually), but I may have become too reliant on them. PUGs are a different story. It seems groups aren't really fond of my soul stone - I can't imagine why ;)

My current life which is human, I maxed UMD as much as I could. I try to use scrolls to heal, which is helpful. With the failure rate, the extra time to switch from staff to scroll and cast, my success at self-healing has been uneven. My assumption, and I may be wrong, was that pumping the points into repair instead of UMD and using the repair and reconstruct spells would significantly improve my survivability.

Am I over-estimating the speed and healing from the spells? Or is the drop in Charisma more important than I realize?

Ed

I'm not a sorc expert by any means but in my opinion warforged/bladeforged make by far the best sorcs. Losing a DC or two isn't going to make or break your build. And a dead sorc can't cast anyway. Quickened reconstruct is way too good to pass up. You get massive gains in survivability at the cost of only -2 CHA. It's a no brainer to me. Go with a construct.

As far as your chosen element, I think they can all be good nowadays. Fire use to be seen as gimp because the end game was filled with fire immune devils. That's not the case nowadays so I say just pick your favorite. I've seen sorcs do well with all the elements.

You might want to stick with fire or earth until later levels for firewall/fireball or acid rain/acid blast. The other elements I'd say are weaker until they get their high level spells.

Panzermeyer
12-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I do have a question.

Ed

Warforged is definitely viable, I failed to mention it cause I adamantly don't play robots so I honestly didn't think about it.

Lonnbeimnech
12-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Many years ago people hated fire because end game consisted of a few raids, many of which were against devils which are immune to fire.

Anyone that dislikes fire now is misguided. It is the strongest (in terms of dps). Just make sure you have a secondary element for those times you fight something immune (as with any savant).

EllisDee37
12-19-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm planning out a not-too-distant sorc life. I might do cleric first for the conjuration DC; not sure yet.

My biggest concern with sorc are the following:

- Gray ooze (levels 2-6): Immune to Fire and Cold
- Blackbone skeletons (levels 6-11): Immune to Fire and Cold
- Regular skeletons (levels 1-14): Immune to Cold

So right off the bat, as much as I love cold on my wizard, I don't want to primarily spec for cold because so many mobs are immune to it. Similarly, while fire is generally great in low levels, there are low level quests you'll be running for your life if all you can do is fire.

The two more attractive elements for me are acid and electricity, but you can only pick one. Pros and cons:

Electricity has...
...A better (and lower level) dot
...Much better single target damage
...Very long range
...Chain damage! (electric loop & chain lightning)
...Short-term aoe cc (electric loop)
...Abundant step!!!

Acid has...
...A weak (high level) dot
...Super strong AoE dot (acid rain)
...Short range
...Nice aoe dps
...Earthgrab
...Synergy with web (both conjuration)

I'm having a rough time deciding. If my biggest worry is gray ooze and blackbone skeletons, which element should I go with?

I'm thinking either Electricity + Fire, or Acid + Cold. Any feedback for which is generally stronger (or maybe go electricity + cold to be the dottiest dotter in dot town?) would be welcome.

EllisDee37
12-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I'll be going warforged of course, and for feats, I'm thinking:

1: Maximize
3: Empower
6: Quicken
9: Heighten
12: Past Life: Wizard
15: Mental Toughness
18: Improved Mental Toughness

TRing immediately at 20.

Since I have no experience running a sorc at all, suggestions would be great.

Sehenry03
12-19-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm planning out a not-too-distant sorc life. I might do cleric first for the conjuration DC; not sure yet.

So right off the bat, as much as I love cold on my wizard, I don't want to primarily spec for cold because so many mobs are immune to it. Similarly, while fire is generally great in low levels, there are low level quests you'll be running for your life if all you can do is fire.

The two more attractive elements for me are acid and electricity, but you can only pick one. Pros and cons:

Electricity has...
...Very long range
...Abundant step!!!

Acid has...
...Short range
...Nice aoe dps
...Earthgrab

I'm having a rough time deciding. If my biggest worry is gray ooze and blackbone skeletons, which element should I go with?

I'm thinking either Electricity + Fire, or Acid + Cold. Any feedback for which is generally stronger (or maybe go electricity + cold to be the dottiest dotter in dot town?) would be welcome.

I never did cleric PL on my sorc and I don't miss anything. I don't use web often but it has no issues working even on EE content.

I would do fire personally at least for leveling purposes. Firewall and displacement are the 2 best spells for leveling for me.

I wouldn't spec for blackbones as they aren't that common. I simply take a couple electricity spells as backup for them and they die quick. Oozes kinda suck but again just carry a few spells of different damage types. Doesn't matter if cold takes a hit on damage as oozes are easy to kill with Ice Storm even when fire specced. It has physical damage as well as cold damage. I also dual wield ooze weapons and just swing away. You won't miss even with zero melee skill. Magic missile spells and disintegrate also work well.

Like someone above mentioned any element works. I don't like earth just because it kills to slow and I like to zerg a lot. Fire lets me zerg 95% of all quests in the game with a few exceptions. Yes the vale gets iffy but again you can respect air savant from 18-20 then respect back to fire. Air works VERY well in all levels of the game BUT it is mana intensive while fire is very easy to conserve mana with. Cold is awesome against single mobs and ok AoE but with all the undead fire to me just wins hands down.

Splashing 4 levels of FvS works VERY well since you can get enhancements to pump your fire damage up giving more DPS.

Just an FYI...I have ran 8 Sorc lives on 2 toons...3 Wiz lives on 1 toon....for sheer killing speed and efficiency from lvl 1-28 fire is the best way for me.

Currently Ziffin my main is working his way up the druid class and he is actually focused more on cold but we will see =)

And for leveling...get all 3 fire SLA's with Maximize and Empower and you will destroy stuff with very little mana useage. Scorch and Fireball work wonders as an SLA.

As to quicken...I take it on a wizard...I never get it on my sorc and I personally never need it. I know a lot of people swear by it but to me its a waste of a feat on this feat starved build. I RARELY ever get interrupted except by stuns and stuns will stop quicken also. I solo'ed all EE content with my sorc without quicken and wouldn't take it if I go back to sorc if I don't like druid. Quicken is NOT a must have for everyone and I have to laugh when people say you can't live without it =)

Sehenry03
12-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I do have a question.

Ed

I find Warforged the best hands down race for wiz or sorc from lvls 1-20. yes it takes a hit on Cha but it never affected me at all. I could not imagine playing a drow being all squishy =) WF have nice immunites and you can max Cha and Con and I put the rest into int for skill points. If you are gonna goto 28 and you have Bladeforged available then I would go that path.

But I would do WF sorc to 20 first and see what you think. if you like it TR into a BF Sorc and then play epic levels. The only advantage BF has is +2 Cha so its not huge...not enough to say just staying WF isn't good enough. Yes BF get reconstruct SLA but I never have enough AP's to spend to get it by the time I get everything else I want. Doesn't matter I just take reconstruct as a spell and I never run out of mana once you learn the sorc and that's with fire. But as a warning...fire sucks in abbott raid =)

Enoach
12-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Now some things you have to keep in mind if you go the WF/BF route:

You will need to dedicate a level 6 spell slot to reconstruct - Also recommend at least one more for a quick healing option. You will only get a maximum of 3 Level 6 spells so you will want to review to determine which other 2 spells you will have and what spells you will need to scroll

While Sorcerers have fast casting speeds Quicken is useful to avoid concentration check failures. However, depending on play style this may or may not be as needed each player should assess this on their own. But if you have a low concentration skill this feat is highly recommended but use the right context menu to prevent it from being used on spells you would not need in a pinch such as buffs.

As for the DCs. Personally I found that 1 DC at some levels has a significant impact between a Save/Fail situation. Having a large amount of saves against your spells effectively halfs your damage output and double your SP usage. Now that being said you do have tools available.

1) Make sure that you diversify your spells between Will/Fort/Reflex/No Save to allow yourself to attack the weakness of what you are facing
2) Keep DC gear on hand to help the school you are working with be it Evocation/Conjuration/Transmutation
3) Use Debuffs - it is cheaper to debuff and get the mob to fail their save then it is to cast twice with both being saved against.

---------------------------
Fire was only a poor choice when Devils & Demons made up the majority of the end game content and I personally leveled a Fire Savant and made it from 1 to 28 just fine. The trick as already stated is in knowing your limitations and adapting alternate methods to handle those immune to your primary damage source.

EllisDee37
12-19-2014, 05:39 PM
I never did cleric PL on my sorc and I don't miss anything. I don't use web often but it has no issues working even on EE content.I'm gearing up for a completionist run on my wizard. My current thought is to start with cleric then do sorc next if I go the acid+web route. My secondary thought is to do all the caster lives first, and if it ends up being too daunting I can bail and go back to wizard and still get use out of the lives I've done.

I wouldn't spec for blackbones as they aren't that common.There aren't many quests with blackbones, but when they show up they tend to be the entire quest. (eg: Keeper's Sanctuary.) I'd rather not have to skip quests due to being unable to hurt an entire quest full of mobs with my primary dps.

And for leveling...get all 3 fire SLA's with Maximize and Empower and you will destroy stuff with very little mana useage. Scorch and Fireball work wonders as an SLA.My understanding is that the fireball SLA is bugged and all mobs essentially auto-save against the DC check, and worse, if you take the SLA the auto-save "feature" infects the actual fireball spell as well. (EDIT: From here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451446-fireball-dc-bug).)

As to quicken...I take it on a wizard...I never get it on my sorc and I personally never need it. I know a lot of people swear by it but to me its a waste of a feat on this feat starved build. I RARELY ever get interrupted except by stuns and stuns will stop quicken also. I solo'ed all EE content with my sorc without quicken and wouldn't take it if I go back to sorc if I don't like druid. Quicken is NOT a must have for everyone and I have to laugh when people say you can't live without it =)Sold. I'm a big fan of concentration; it has served me well through many caster and self-healing melee lives. We don't need no stinkin' quicken! heh.

Lonnbeimnech
12-19-2014, 05:48 PM

Electricity has...
...Very long range
...Abundant step!!!

Acid has...
...Short range
...Nice aoe dps
...Earthgrab

In heroics fire is the best dps because of fireball, wall of fire, delayed blast fireball, and meteor storm.

In epics it is the highest dps because of immolation in the fire savant cores, and also empyrean magic from divine crusader.

Keep in mind, being a fire savant does not mean ONLY having fire spells, you still get all the other tricks like mass hold, web, FoD, wail, disintegrate and should have 1 or 2 other elemental spells.

You also don't have to kill every mob to finish the quest, the most powerful spell in the game is invisibility.

Sehenry03
12-19-2014, 06:12 PM
There aren't many quests with blackbones, but when they show up they tend to be the entire quest. (eg: Keeper's Sanctuary.) I'd rather not have to skip quests due to being unable to hurt an entire quest full of mobs with my primary dps.

Well if you are that worried about blackbones (I don't do keepers sanctuary myself) you can simply have a few lightning spells for them. They don't have many hp's and even if you aren't air specced you can still max/emp. Ball Lightning is a lvl 5 and being fire spec I don't need many other spells from that level plus Ball lightning is one of my favorite spells. it will destroy Blackbones fast and easy.

Ed_Conn
12-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate all the input.

Does anyone have info about the Fireball bug EllisDee37 referred to? I can't seem to find much info on it.

Thanks.

Ed

Wizza
12-20-2014, 04:22 AM

Electricity has...
...Very long range
...Abundant step!!!

Acid has...
...Short range
...Nice aoe dps
...Earthgrab

I would go Elec primary and Fire secondary, all the way to 20. However, for the first levels, level up your fire tree a bit more, so your Fireball will 1-hit everything, than start getting KD Immunity, Wings as you level up.

Quicken for heroics is a no-no for me, but almost necessary if you have a zerg style and are somehow specc'ed in Enchantment for Epic Elites.

cru121
12-20-2014, 04:49 AM
I am a fan of air SLAs and fire spells. And non-meta sonic blast as additional CC. And fleshy race (human) and armor without proficiency. And SF:Evo and GSF:Evo early.

Ed_Conn
12-23-2014, 11:14 AM
This is what I have come up with so far. I'm pretty sure it can handle heroic elite. What are the thoughts about surviving epic hard?

Any feedback appreciated.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.23.01
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Wurmfood The Mechanical
Level 28 True Neutral Warforged Male
(20 Sorcerer \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 340
Spell Points: 2211
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 12
Reflex: 7
Will: 12

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 9 12
Dexterity 9 12
Constitution 17 22
Intelligence 15 18
Wisdom 8 11
Charisma 16 30

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance -1 11
Bluff 3 40
Concentration 5 37
Diplomacy 3 18
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 3 18
Heal -1 8
Hide -1 9
Intimidate 3 18
Jump -1 11
Listen -1 8
Move Silently -1 9
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 4 24
Search 2 12
Spellcraft 6 35
Spot -1 8
Swim -1 9
Tumble 0 10
Use Magic Device 5 29

Level 1 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer

Level 2 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Air Savant (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Savant (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 2)

Level 3 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Burning Hands (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 2)

Level 4 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire I (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire II (Rank 1)

Level 5 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire III (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Charisma (Rank 1)

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Evocation
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Greater Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 1)

Level 7 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 2)

Level 8 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Electrocution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Scorch (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Charisma (Rank 1)

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Air Affinity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Electric (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Electrocution (Rank 2)

Level 10 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Electric II (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire IV (Rank 1)

Level 11 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Efficient Quicken (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 3)

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Immolation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fireball (Rank 3)

Level 13 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Greater Air Affinity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Electrocution (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Power of Lightning (Rank 1)

Level 14 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Efficient Quicken (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Electric III (Rank 1)

Level 15 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Arcane Prodigy
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Efficient Quicken (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Charisma (Rank 1)

Level 16 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Warforged - Improved Fortification (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Conduction (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Feather Falling (Rank 1)

Level 17 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Warforged - Warforged Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Electric IV (Rank 1)

Level 18 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Enlarge Spell
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Elemental Persistence (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Evocation Focus (Rank 1)

Level 19 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Warforged - Warforged Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Spell Penetration (Rank 1)

Level 20 (Sorcerer)
Enhancement: Warforged - Construct Stability (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Light on Your Feet (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Alternating Current (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Elemental Apotheosis: Fire (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 1)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Fire

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Electricity

Thanks again.

Ed

EllisDee37
12-23-2014, 04:37 PM
I would go Elec primary and Fire secondary, all the way to 20.
I am a fan of air SLAs and fire spells.Yep, I think I agree. Especially because I can easily slot bracers of wind and cloak of flames to keep both maxed. (Unlike cold, since frozen tunic is problematic for warforged.)