PDA

View Full Version : Blinding Speed Epic FEat - should be immune to slow effects/spells

JOTMON
12-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Blinding Speed Epic Feat - should be immune to slow effects/spells

This is supposed to be a permanent haste and it is a feat.

Seems silly that every time I get hit by a slow effect that I have to chug a haste pot when I am supposed to have permanent haste.. I don't get slowed to normal speed, I get slowed the same as someone without haste.
Really makes the feat kind of pointless when there is gear out there like goatskin boots or epic boots of the innocent that give permanent haste, and I still have to drink pots.
Guess I will just drop the feat and put it towards something else and go back to carrying stacks of pots and wear the boots.

The other one I don't understand.. why Freedom of movement does not help when trudging through knee high water...
Shouldn't FOM negate the slowness inhibitor of environmental effects like water resistance..

ddorimble
12-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Seems reasonable for Slow to suppress your Blinding Speed Haste...but you should never actually get Slowed, just put to Normal speed.

Freedom of Movement...oh man, had so many arguments over that in PnP...if you negate water resistance, would you plummet to the bottom of the ocean in a free fall? What about wind resistance? WHAT ABOUT GRAVITY?!

It's really REALLY best to just say it prevents magical impediments.

maximus123123123
12-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Blinding Speed Epic Feat - should be immune to slow effects/spells

This is supposed to be a permanent haste and it is a feat.

Seems silly that every time I get hit by a slow effect that I have to chug a haste pot when I am supposed to have permanent haste.. I don't get slowed to normal speed, I get slowed the same as someone without haste.
Really makes the feat kind of pointless when there is gear out there like goatskin boots or epic boots of the innocent that give permanent haste, and I still have to drink pots.
Guess I will just drop the feat and put it towards something else and go back to carrying stacks of pots and wear the boots.

The other one I don't understand.. why Freedom of movement does not help when trudging through knee high water...
Shouldn't FOM negate the slowness inhibitor of environmental effects like water resistance..

/signed

I would also be happy if the thing just worked.
Last time I checked, there was no +1% dodge bonus and I don't want to spend the shards adding it in and having to switch it out again.

Powerhungry
12-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Freedom of movement should prevent the sticky effect from mimics and taken as well as the snare/trip line from driders.
The heal spell gets rid of every debilitating condition - except hamstring. What's up with that?