PDA

View Full Version : Add A Toggle For This In The Top Tier Of The Battle Engineer Artificer Tree

Lokeal_The_Flame
12-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Odim's Transformation

Causes the caster to become a virtual fighting machine becoming stronger, tougher, faster, and more skilled in combat. You gain a +4 alchemical bonus to Intelligence, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +6 alchemical bonus to Armor Class, and proficiency with Dwarven Waraxes and Bastard Swords. Your base attack bonus equals your character level and you may now use Intelligence for use in attack and damage rolls. Your spellcasting ability is reduced, resulting in a -2 penalty to all spell DCs, -2 to your rolls to bypass enemy Spell Resistance, and doubling the cooldown of all your spells aside for Repair Spells.

For creating the appearance to indicate this effect is active, instead of the Tensor's Transformation effect, a purple aura (Similar to the fire shield animation) with veins of lightening like accents is used.

This toggle option I believe would make it easier for a Melee Artificer to level up in epic destinies other than Divine Crusader.

When replying, please make no comments speaking as if nothing is wrong with the the timespan and spellpoint cost of Tensor's Transformation as I've found that to really annoy me and considering that Artificer is the class I've been playing since the class arrived on DDO, if there was no problem with it I'd be aware of such.... It costs too much SP and does not last long enough when it is the main source of DPS.

Some people just want to be able to self heal without relying on potions or scrolls, fight in melee with somewhat decent DPS without relying on sneak attacks, have viable defensive stats, pick locks, and disable traps and when it comes down to it, that's not really asking for much.

Wh070aa
12-16-2014, 02:33 PM
This adds about +2 damage, if you do int to damage, and and + 60 ish HP. You should use Divine Power clickies, and some alchemical boost to int/con instead. Also its not like HP help, you ether get 1 or 2 shoot, or you don't. Some temporary con boosts don't change stuff.

This really is not that big of a difference.

Artificer is HYBRID character like bard, with low hit dice. If you only use melee, and cant stun you are doing it wrong. Artificer inherently has not enough HP to fight in melee without good damage migration.

I would not mind something like this, as extra damage is always nice, but I would not take the enchantment, like ever, since it lowers the spell output.

Artificers have ability to use clickies better than most classes. Use class functions. There are at least 4 (Crusader, clickie, scroll, spell) ways to achieve the thing you want. Idk if there is any more need for this.

Also if Tensor's is your main source of damage, you probably are doing something wrong. I really recommend getting harper tree.