PDA

View Full Version : VIP Remote Decon

LuKaSu
12-14-2014, 06:58 AM
I was thinking of what kind of quality of life improvements could be added to encourage VIP subs. I had two ideas.

1) I personally would never go from Premium to VIP as long as I was unable to participate in the awesome pack sales. I know that they don't want to give an incentive to leave from VIP, but when I see good deals on packs and then the vips saying that they can't buy them because of their vip status, it makes me not want to be vip.

But! My other is a positive!

2) Free Remote Deconstruction for vips. Set up an NPC in the crafting hall that gives you a free remote crafting deconstructor item. You can only decon, but that could really help with inventory management. If you cancel your sub, it deletes itself, but you can go back to the npc for a new one if you resubscribe.

Uska
12-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Not all of us are into crafting so this isn't helpful to all and as a VIP why would I ever want to buy packs?

LuKaSu
12-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Not all of us are into crafting so this isn't helpful to all and as a VIP why would I ever want to buy packs?

Yep, fair enough on the first point. It wouldn't be helpful to all, but it could be to some.

On the second point, I'm just expressing my personal opinion. Someone might only plan on having their sub for a limited amount of time and might feel cheated that they couldn't buy the packs when they are on sale. For long-term VIPs, it might be a moot point, but if I was a VIP and felt that I needed to take a break from VIP status for some reason or another (job changes or what have you), I would probably quit completely if I didn't have any packs bought earlier. If I had some packs to occupy me, I'd stay playing the game as premium until I thought I could come back to VIP. Again, it might be a moot point for most people, but just my opinion.

Uska
12-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Not against VIPs being able to buy them just don't see it as a good idea I like my VIP bennies to much to lose them and would feel I wasted my money if I bought packs and stayed VIP as the bennies I like you can't buy and wouldn't play if I didnt have them

Rofaust
12-17-2014, 03:49 AM
I was thinking of what kind of quality of life improvements could be added to encourage VIP subs. I had two ideas.

1) I personally would never go from Premium to VIP as long as I was unable to participate in the awesome pack sales. I know that they don't want to give an incentive to leave from VIP, but when I see good deals on packs and then the vips saying that they can't buy them because of their vip status, it makes me not want to be vip.

2) Free Remote Deconstruction for vips. Set up an NPC in the crafting hall that gives you a free remote crafting deconstructor item. You can only decon, but that could really help with inventory management. If you cancel your sub, it deletes itself, but you can go back to the npc for a new one if you resubscribe.

I like the remote deconing idea. Would save a lot of time running from quests to crafting hall especially with all these extra champion chests. It seems like turbine would rather see that as a pay every time thing like the summon efreeti repair anvil. I like the VIP perks in place but could always use more :)

bartharok
12-18-2014, 04:49 AM

As long as the decon does not work IN quest, it would be ok.