PDA

View Full Version : unbongwah...question on yhour tempest warpriest build....

rlarge
12-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I have 32 pt builds. where should I put the extra 4 pts and how wilol/should I change the build otherwise? help if you can and have time.

edit: and does the race matter?

AbyssalMage
12-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Tempest Warpriest (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/431930-Adventures-in-Theorycrafting-Tempest-Warpriests?highlight=tempest+warpriest)
Extra 4 points would probably go in Charisma/Dex (or Charisma/Strength).

Human allows your Intelligence to be lower (although you can go Charisma/Intelligence with the +4 build points) and the extra feat (which is used on Khopesh. So if you use racial weapons or Cleric Favored you will be fine).

Overwhelming critical no longer requires the PA, Cleave, G.Cleave chain so that opens up some options. Dodge/Mobility may help on a first life and improve survivability but not necessary. Would have to give more thought on feats with U24.

rlarge
12-14-2014, 07:14 PM
ok. that helps some. will wait to see if I get more help. have started with 1 clerix, and 2 rng(1 to go) on his build. so anything in the first 3 levels is taken. can respect I guess.

mna
12-15-2014, 03:31 AM
I have 32 pt builds. where should I put the extra 4 pts and how wilol/should I change the build otherwise? help if you can and have time.

How and where you should change it depends on which version this is and how you intend to play it, there being by now a bunch of different versions of the "tempest warpriest".

edit: and does the race matter?

It can matter somewhat depending on which version of the build you're using, such as for the trapper-splash one - in that case with less than 32 points you do prefer to be either human (racial bonus +1 skill point per level) or drow (+2 Int, resulting in +1 skill point per level and +1 search & disable if you put the same amount of build points into Int), but I do have a 28pt dwarf one anyway and it does still work.

Also if you want to take a dragonmark or use the warpriest deity-preferred weapon line. (Undying Court Elf for scimitars, for example.)

Tempest Warpriest (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/431930-Adventures-in-Theorycrafting-Tempest-Warpriests?highlight=tempest+warpriest)
Extra 4 points would probably go in Charisma/Dex (or Charisma/Strength).

Human allows your Intelligence to be lower (although you can go Charisma/Intelligence with the +4 build points) and the extra feat (which is used on Khopesh. So if you use racial weapons or Cleric Favored you will be fine).

Overwhelming critical no longer requires the PA, Cleave, G.Cleave chain so that opens up some options. Dodge/Mobility may help on a first life and improve survivability but not necessary. Would have to give more thought on feats with U24.

My human trapper one doesn't have khopesh prof. either, and I really should swap out G.Cleave to take Extend.

ok. that helps some. will wait to see if I get more help. have started with 1 clerix, and 2 rng(1 to go) on his build. so anything in the first 3 levels is taken. can respect I guess.

Well. You clearly aren't doing the trapper-splash one then, but which one of the still several remaining is it?

rlarge
12-15-2014, 11:48 AM
this one

Fresh Off the Korthos Boat (28-pt F2P build) - Ranger 12 / Cleric 7
by unbongwah

except I have 32pts. and could you explain a little more about the tome to get? I see this:

Upgrade Tome of Supreme Ability (+1 to +2) IMPORTANT: REQUIRES a +1 inherent bonus for each stat / ability score. For level 7+ use. This amazing tome permanently increases each of your character’s ability scores (stats) from +1 to +2. You must have a +1 inherent bonus to all stats (from using tomes or upgrade tomes) in order to use this item.

but it requires a +1 in all statds if I read it right. I did not add any to int or wis. I did not sxee any other one I could buy. Maybe I am not looking in t he right place.

I do have Dex at 16 though because I had points left over after t aking what you said to take for stats.

this is my start stats.
str- 15. dex- 16, con- 14, int 10, wis 10, cha 12

Neomarica
12-16-2014, 03:53 AM
this one

by unbongwah

except I have 32pts. and could you explain a little more about the tome to get? I see this:

Upgrade Tome of Supreme Ability (+1 to +2) IMPORTANT: REQUIRES a +1 inherent bonus for each stat / ability score. For level 7+ use. This amazing tome permanently increases each of your character’s ability scores (stats) from +1 to +2. You must have a +1 inherent bonus to all stats (from using tomes or upgrade tomes) in order to use this item.

but it requires a +1 in all statds if I read it right. I did not add any to int or wis. I did not sxee any other one I could buy. Maybe I am not looking in t he right place.

I do have Dex at 16 though because I had points left over after t aking what you said to take for stats.

this is my start stats.
str- 15. dex- 16, con- 14, int 10, wis 10, cha 12

The upgrade tomes require INHERENT bonus in each of the stats. So you'll have to have used either +1 Tome of Supreme Ability or +1 tomes for each of strength, dexterity, etc. This has nothing to do with the stat bonuses you get from having high ability scores.

unbongwah
12-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Sorry, overlooked this thread; next time try posting in the original build thread or PMing me.

To reiterate what others have said:

Key stats for Tempest Warpriests are STR, CHA, and CON; enough DEX for any feat pre-reqs (e.g., DEX 13 for Dodge or Precision); WIS is a dump stat. INT depends entirely on how many skill pts you need.
Humans are the "master race" for most builds: extra feat, heal amp, Dmg Boost, and more skill pts. The only downside is they're limited to Silver Flame (longbow) and Sovereign Host (longsword), neither of which is an ideal weapon for TWF.
Overwhelming Crit no longer req's base STR 23 nor Gt Cleave, which provides a bit more flexibility with feats. Dance of Death is a lot better than it used to be, too.

With the changes to PRR/MRR, I've considered giving up Evasion by ditching lt armor and switching to hvy: partly for the higher PRR/MRR, partly to use Shadow Guardian (http://ddowiki.com/page/Thunder-Forged#Flawless_version_upgrade) which is only available on hvy armor. But that's definitely a long-term concern.

rlarge
12-16-2014, 11:53 AM
thx. was not sure where to post but will remember for next time. I hope!

mna
12-17-2014, 06:39 PM
this one

by unbongwah

except I have 32pts.

... well, and also that since you apparently were 1 cleric / 2 ranger with no rogue levels at one point, it's not quite this one:

Level 28 True Neutral Human Female
(1 Rogue \ 12 Ranger \ 7 Cleric \ 8 Epic)
Level 1 (Rogue)
Skill: Balance (+4)
Skill: Concentration (+2)
Skill: Disable Device (+4)
Skill: Haggle (+4)
Skill: Heal (+2)
Skill: Jump (+3)
Skill: Open Lock (+4)
Skill: Search (+4)
Skill: Spot (+4)
Skill: Tumble (+1)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 2 (Ranger)
Skill: Concentration (+3)
Skill: Heal (+3)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead

Level 3 (Ranger)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Skill: Disable Device (+1)
Skill: Heal (+1)
Skill: Search (+2)
Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh

Level 4 (Ranger)
Ability Raise: STR
Skill: Disable Device (+2)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Leveling order: I started rogue to max out skill pts and open UMD & trap skills right off the bat; then did rgr 1-3 to get Tempest core enh for the first +10% offhand proc (50% until rgr 6); then cleric 1-4 to get Ameliorating Strike; then rgr 4-12 before finishing with cleric 5-7. Another option would be rog 1, rgr 1, cleric 1-7, rgr 2-12; this gets you AS by lvl 6 and lvl 4 spells by lvl 9, but backloads all of your rgr feats & enhs. In which case, I would use 2H weapons for the first several levels before switching to TWF in the teen lvls.

If you're taking rogue levels at all, it's almost always best to take one of those at level 1, just because that gets you the most skill points. (As on level 1 you get 4 times as many as you'd usually get, and rogues get more than any other class so it's 4x the difference too.)

and could you explain a little more about the tome to get? I see this:

This was covered already, but, it's really saying that an upgrade tome is an upgrade to your existing tome-based bonuses. So, if you find a +1 tome in the game (found a couple myself in the Harbor area already, on different characters), you can then use a "+1 to +2 upgrade" of the same kind on top of that. "Supreme ability" means all your stat scores simultaneously, so you need the +1 first in all of them.

And yes, a "+1 to +2 upgrade" in the store is cheaper than a straight non-upgrade "+2" that you can use without an existing +1, but not if you have to buy the +1 one too. Hm... regular price of the +1 to +2 supreme is 1295 tp, +1 supreme is 1495, total 2790; straight +2 supreme is 2495 so a difference of 295 tp.

Individual stat +1 tomes are 355 tp each, so if you've found at least three of those already, then it's better for you to get the rest as individual +1s and then the supreme upgrade than just a straight +2.