PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Thursday, December 11th

Cordovan
12-10-2014, 02:19 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have opened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, December 11th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch the latest game update, Update 24: Heart of Madness. Patch notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Chaimberland
12-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Crossing fingers that everything goes smoothly. Thank you Cordovan and the rest of the Dev team for all that you do!

Qhualor
12-10-2014, 02:44 PM
This should be interesting.

Loromir
12-10-2014, 02:53 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, December 11th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch the latest game update, Update 24: Heart of Madness. Patch notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Awsome...I should be out of surgery by then and can spend the next several days recuperating in front of my PC.

ForgettableNPC
12-10-2014, 02:59 PM
My excitement knows no bounds.

And there will be much rejoicing.

axel15810
12-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Crossing fingers that everything goes smoothly. Thank you Cordovan and the rest of the Dev team for all that you do!

This.

Dj_Fisty
12-10-2014, 03:59 PM

One question.

Will this ALSO fix the latest problems with the game? (Meaning the lag and mass connections problems that we all have had lately?)

Because I'd rather see some issues fixed after update if not before or during.

TEcarson
12-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Awsome...I should be out of surgery by then and can spend the next several days recuperating in front of my PC.

Wow...good luck with the surgery. :)

Impaqt
12-10-2014, 04:00 PM
One question.

Will this ALSO fix the latest problems with the game? (Meaning the lag and mass connections problems that we all have had lately?)

yes. It will fix everything thats wrong with the game. Its the miracle update.

:rolleyes:

Dj_Fisty
12-10-2014, 04:03 PM

I really hope so, i do love the game and hate to see my server suffer with mass exodus.

Impaqt
12-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I really hope so, i do love the game and hate to see my server suffer with mass exodus.

the connection issues had nothing to do with anything in game. How exactly do you expect a game update to fix a data center problem? Or a login server issue?

As for lag being fixed. I got a bridge I'd like to sell ya...

TakeItToTheLimit
12-10-2014, 04:12 PM
the connection issues had nothing to do with anything in game. How exactly do you expect a game update to fix a data center problem? Or a login server issue?

Would that be the one in Brooklyn I bought last week?

Sublimemind
12-10-2014, 05:24 PM

Cordo likes selling bridge, thats what he does for turbine. Here is to you Cordo... dont fll on your face ..again..

Sublimemind
12-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Cordo likes selling bridges, thats what he does for turbine. Here is to you Cordo... dont fall on your face ..again..

fmalfeas
12-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Taste the splendor of xoriat!

AzB
12-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Hope all goes well!

Archangel666
12-10-2014, 09:34 PM
This should be entertaining.

Saaluta
12-11-2014, 12:09 AM

Seriously, hope all goes well with the surgery!

But considering the recent track record on updates, expect to play a bit on Thursday, than a hotfix on Friday, and another on Saturday...with a major hotfix on Monday....

Saal :)

Dj_Fisty
12-11-2014, 02:18 AM

So your saying that LOTRO poping up in ddo launcher is a data center problem? From what I seen that day the update server is the lag problem. Since when it went down it ran super smooth from reports of my guildies and as soon as people could connect again lag got worse.

But I'm hoping that everything works out well and this runs smoothly.

Hendrik
12-11-2014, 06:39 AM
One question.

Because I'd rather see some issues fixed after update if not before or during.

Do you have Time Warner or Comcast?

"For others with various issues, please be sure to check the performance of your own home router and to verify there isn't anyone else using your internet. Be aware that the Time Warner boxes in particular perform quite poorly right now, and that Comcast is in the middle of a lawsuit for turning home routers into public WiFi spots.

We're aware of a couple of ISPs that have routing issues (you can check whether you have routing issues by running a tracert and watching where the traffic reports it is going)."

So, if you have Time Warner or Comcast, that would be the first place to start, not Turbine.

dunklezhan
12-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Seriously, hope all goes well with the surgery!

But considering the recent track record on updates, expect to play a bit on Thursday, than a hotfix on Friday, and another on Saturday...with a major hotfix on Monday....

Saal :)

How recent? How much data are you using to predict future outcomes? Have you actually done any analysis? Going back how far?

In this case I'd say the odds are a little higher than usual of DT being extended or there needed to be a hotfix or whatever because we know they had a problem bad enough to delay the update. Since we have no information on what that problem was and we don't know what deep-detail may have been missed whilst trying to solve that problem, it's natural to be a little more concerned than usual. Still - it is very easy to throw confirmation-bias stones at Turbine's change-control greenhouse is what I'm saying, and I'd like to see hard figures on the recent track record. Or a definition of 'recent'. Because last time *I* did that I found that the averages over several years were very much in Turbine's favour and that the curve was towards improvement, not getting worse. I haven't done that for a year though, the curve may have reversed.

Dj_Fisty
12-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Do you have Time Warner or Comcast?

"For others with various issues, please be sure to check the performance of your own home router and to verify there isn't anyone else using your internet. Be aware that the Time Warner boxes in particular perform quite poorly right now, and that Comcast is in the middle of a lawsuit for turning home routers into public WiFi spots.

We're aware of a couple of ISPs that have routing issues (you can check whether you have routing issues by running a tracert and watching where the traffic reports it is going)."

So, if you have Time Warner or Comcast, that would be the first place to start, not Turbine.

Fios 75/75 why you ask?

I wish i could say it was me but i did a trace route and NOTHING lag wise detected, even the server lag meter nothing detected when the lag hits game just loops in place with nothing happening. Also to add when i motice this i see mass exodus in guild showing like 5 - 10 people logging at the same time, and them saying it was 5 - 10 mins ago that they had to log.

Also "Impaqt"
if you would please refer to (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451683-Log-in-and-In-Game-Performance-Issues-November-14th) about the log-in issues, and i do believe that the lag is also a part of that issue is what i was stating but i guess you didn't see this nor know of it since you didn't bring it up.

yoshioshinishi
12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Hope all goes well. I just don't want to lose the weekend.

Dj_Fisty
12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Hope all goes well. I just don't want to lose the weekend.
Amen!

MangLord
12-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Looking forward to the new quests!

cdbd3rd
12-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Rajjit waitz fer Notez.

http://iambrony.dget.cc/mlp/gif/142931%20-%20Angel_Bunny%20animated%20foot_tap%20waiting.gif

Sublimemind
12-11-2014, 08:54 AM
we are almost an hour in and i dont see the relese notes... are there any bookies taking bets on the actual downtime ? There must be a Rogue somewhere taking bets on turbines performnce on this one!

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-24-release-notes) are now available.

NoLeftEye
12-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-24-release-notes) are now available.

Thanks!

Looking forward to getting back into the game.

Albinosaurus
12-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Link to the patch notes, please.

Sublimemind
12-11-2014, 09:20 AM

thanks cordo...your a peach :)

janave
12-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Woah, lots of improvements!
thanks

XiaNYdE
12-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Seriously lol ...look up it's not a bird or a plane, just the link you are looking for :P

TEcarson
12-11-2014, 09:23 AM

Link is two replies up from yours. Look for message from Cordovan.

Albinosaurus
12-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I noticed. Would still be good of him to just edit the original post and drop it in there.

JBS
12-11-2014, 09:41 AM

Impaqt your sarcasm is showing again

Jules

Narwal
12-11-2014, 09:45 AM
"Players can now trade multiple items at a time when using a Barter UI. For example, players can now turn in multiple Treasure Map Pieces during the Crystal Cove event, or craft multiple items using the Cannith Crafting system. There is a new UI in the Barter UI that allows a player to enter how many times to trade the required ingredients. This trade can be stopped in-progress by pressing the "X" button located near the Amount UI."

omgomgomg. Thank you.

cdbd3rd
12-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Confirmation that the Mirror is on the DD lists. Win! :)

dunklezhan
12-11-2014, 09:50 AM
"Players can now trade multiple items at a time when using a Barter UI. For example, players can now turn in multiple Treasure Map Pieces during the Crystal Cove event, or craft multiple items using the Cannith Crafting system. There is a new UI in the Barter UI that allows a player to enter how many times to trade the required ingredients. This trade can be stopped in-progress by pressing the "X" button located near the Amount UI."

omgomgomg. Thank you.

Yes. I read the whole thing thinking about the various changes, scrutinising the much welcome Hall of Heroes changes (understand a straight 'port between Realms is somehow difficult, the Devs have said so, but this seems like the best compromise until that's possible), wincing at the impending rage over the relatively minor nerfs (relative considering other recent changes and balance issues), broadly approving of the barb changes... and then I hit this and thought: I'm really going to appreciate that, for a long time! It's more a fix than a new feature inho, but I'm still going to appreciate it a lot.

*prays for but doesn't expect Cannith Crafting update to take advantage of these changes in U25*

Zzevel
12-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Bottled Tornados no longer knock down enemies, and have reduced overall damage. Multiple tornados in the same location deal reduced damage.

LOL ... to all the 'i diddnt dupe' people who frenzily crunched thousands before today's card turn off... hahahahahahahahahahaha

cdbd3rd
12-11-2014, 09:57 AM
LOL ... to all the 'i diddnt dupe' people who frenzily crunched thousands before today's card turn off... hahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah. Hilarous that those of us with a small stack of Tornados wasted those cards due to their abuse by the 'special' folks.

karatemack
12-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Hey Cordovan,

Will the Jester be available right away when the game comes back up?

Scrapco
12-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Comcast is in the middle of a lawsuit for turning home routers into public WiFi spots.
How on earth would that affect anything to do with this?

Nefatron
12-11-2014, 10:19 AM

lol

Bargol
12-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah. Hilarous that those of us with a small stack of Tornados wasted those cards due to their abuse by the 'special' folks.

Yes this hurts the honest players most. :(

AzB
12-11-2014, 10:28 AM

Most rules hurt innocent people far more than the sociopaths who delight in "getting away with something".

dunklezhan
12-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Most rules hurt innocent people far more than the sociopaths who delight in "getting away with something".

Translation: this is why we can't have nice things.

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Hey Cordovan,

Will the Jester be available right away when the game comes back up?

Yes, that is the plan!

kmankowski
12-11-2014, 10:33 AM

^This.

Going to make emptying my TR cache a couple slots easier though.

Braegan
12-11-2014, 10:42 AM

I hear ya man, tho I don't consider it a waste. It's hard to consider something free being wasted.

I was more irritated that I had to "hurry" up and crunch my remaining cards that I got by logging in 6 accounts daily during the event.

Nefatron
12-11-2014, 10:48 AM
I hear ya man, tho I don't consider it a waste. It's hard to consider something free being wasted.

I was more irritated that I had to "hurry" up and crunch my remaining cards that I got by logging in 6 accounts daily during the event.

Im not defending dupp'ers ...

But im wodering.. How honest was it of the people that made 6-10-15 Accounts logged in daily just to get these cards.

I bet turbine had a HUGE spike of user's logging on and new accounts that are really just ghosts..

Idk it probably didn't do any harm really. Not like the dupes do.. But still it kinda sits in a grey area if you ask me.

CrymsonMagi
12-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Tic Toc goes the clock and when do we get to play?
Tic Toc goes the clock, will the servers run this day?

Nefatron
12-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Tic Toc goes the clock and when do we get to play?
Tic Toc goes the clock, will the servers run this day?

still got 10 minutes home boy lol

CrymsonMagi
12-11-2014, 10:51 AM
still got 10 minutes home boy lol

That would be girl actually. Yes we do exist. And yes we have ten min, till Cord comes back and says whoops... got to wait another hour. :P

streep101
12-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes, that is the plan!

Jesters should be unpredictable.

Braegan
12-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Im not defending dupp'ers ...

But im wodering.. How honest was it of the people that made 6-10-15 Accounts logged in daily just to get these cards.

I bet turbine had a HUGE spike of user's logging on and new accounts that are really just ghosts..

Idk it probably didn't do any harm really. Not like the dupes do.. But still it kinda sits in a grey area if you ask me.

Well, considering it was sanctioned by Turbine staff it certainly isn't a grey area to me, it was WAI. There was concern over this and before it was released the birthday bag/die roller were upped to ML4 to use. There was a surge of folks rolling characters up to level 4 for the event. Much like the Build Your Guild Event when it happened and that one guy 6 boxed groups of char to get his solo guild to level 100. These were things that were ok and not grey at all.

Nefatron
12-11-2014, 10:58 AM
That would be girl actually. Yes we do exist. And yes we have ten min, till Cord comes back and says whoops... got to wait another hour. :P

Ugh huh... And im sure your sitting with Big Foot, Santa, And the Lochness monster playing PnP Rite now.....

lol

11:59.......

Slanesh21
12-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I can see the future:
The downtime has been extended until 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). We apologize for the additional delay.

Trillea
12-11-2014, 11:01 AM

It's noon and y'all are officially late!

hurry up before I gotta go to work! :D

ForgettableNPC
12-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Let the Hype train...begin!

Leaveblank
12-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the airlines ... they have known for some time that they weren't going to be ready on time and yet say nothing
and still no word ... lol ... well, these delays got me into the World of Tanks so I should say thanks ... and they are happy to get my money now instead of Turbine. If you are going to be late, then say so as soon as you see it coming ffs

Skeptisaurus
12-11-2014, 11:05 AM
12:05 - are we there yet?

LOL

Nefatron
12-11-2014, 11:06 AM
ROBOCRAFT

If you guys havent tried it yet.. Pretty cool game.. Completly F2P.

Sunnie
12-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the airlines ... they have known for some time that they weren't going to be ready on time and yet say nothing
and still no word ... lol ... well, these delays got me into the World of Tanks so I should say thanks ... and they are happy to get my money now instead of Turbine. If you are going to be late, then say so as soon as you see it coming ffs

ROBOCRAFT

If you guys havent tried it yet.. Pretty cool game.. Completly F2P.

Just play the waiting game like everyone else.

12:09 Are we there yet?

Eryhn
12-11-2014, 11:09 AM
im not gonna get down to world of tanks level just cause 7min late lol. heck, half an hour is actually acceptable delay. there, now I said it, crucify me :lmao

though I do like my rants on 2nd thought. anything beyond 30min59 sec delay and I'm afraid I'll have to sharpen my pitchfork ...

XiaNYdE
12-11-2014, 11:10 AM
woot! updating :D

Kik96
12-11-2014, 11:11 AM
I've just tried updating the game, gets to 33% and then failed to connect... server timed out.

Bargol
Ok...so the servers are likely on fire at this point and all devs are running around like chickens, but....

cordo could you give us a new ETA so I can know when to try back?

penwrym
uh log in

Tom.JonesJr
12-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Update server just came online.

jasreth
Eagerly waiting for the checkered flag.

Although Turbine likes to build up the expectation, and take longer than it says.

Bolo_Grubb
I am currently downloading the update

Eryhn
aaand the update server just kicked in, im downloading

but but but, my pitchfork :(

edit: I shall use my pitchfork on first champion I see ingame then :D

Cordovan
The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

Olds-cool
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
patching now...

:)

Nefatron
12-11-2014, 11:17 AM
If your on time your late... If your early Your on time!!!

Just kidding guys. Updating. Thanks good work!

TEcarson
12-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks team!

Updating now.

apacheizm23
12-11-2014, 11:18 AM

Same here It will be done in 1 minute or so. DONE! Yikes Khyber and Thelanis are offline?.

Sunnie
12-11-2014, 11:18 AM

How large is it anyway?

Trillea
12-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Finished the update but Thelanis is down??

valarmorghuliis
12-11-2014, 11:19 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

So thelanis and khyber are still down... any ETA on them?

apacheizm23
12-11-2014, 11:20 AM
All the worlds but my Khyber and Thelanis are offline?

pumagirl418
12-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Finished the update but Thelanis is down??

At the world log in. Thelanis is down, and so is Khyber (for those that it matters too)...

firstprotector
12-11-2014, 11:21 AM
no Kyber, come on people

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 11:24 AM
At the world log in. Thelanis is down, and so is Khyber (for those that it matters too)...

Looking into it.

axamana
12-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Why does it always say "patch noted will be available DURING the downtime", yet they are never available until AFTER the downtime?

Shade_z
12-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Fixes ONLY for Elite drop rates for web of chaos??? What about the other raids and on other difficulties??

Sunnie
12-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Why does it always say "patch noted will be available DURING the downtime", yet they are never available until AFTER the downtime?

Actually, the patch notes were available during the downtime. Not for all of it, but for a sizeable part.

valarmorghuliis
12-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Looking into it.

Wow that was a quick response time ... worlds are back up.

axamana
12-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Actually, the patch notes were available during the downtime. Not for all of it, but for a sizeable part.

where? I was looking at the forum where they post them. Is it on the main ddo page?

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Khyber and Thelanis have been reopened.

kmankowski
12-11-2014, 11:33 AM
where? I was looking at the forum where they post them. Is it on the main ddo page?

https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-notes

Dandonk

Also, stuck in loading screen after selecting character (on G-land).

thakorian

Cordo made a post with a link, also, release notes are found under the Content-tab in the upper part of the page, right next to the DDO logo.

Sunnie

Cordovan posted a link to the notes on page 2 of this very thread, 2 posts below the impatient bunny.

axamana
12-11-2014, 11:34 AM
https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-notes

thanks for the info

dunklezhan
12-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Page 2 of this very thread, 2 posts below the impatient bunny.

Whilst I'm sure Cordo has plenty of work to do already, it sure would be nice on downtime days if anything like release notes links, world is up/investigating world is down notices etc could also be added to the original post with a timestamp, so people don't have to keep hitting on the dev tracker.

Archangel666
12-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Also, stuck in loading screen after selecting character (on G-land).

Had the same problem on Thelanis. I killed the process in Task Manager and re-logged in, it worked, eventually.

Dandonk
12-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Had the same problem on Thelanis. I killed the process in Task Manager and re-logged in, it worked, eventually.

Same here, was just about to post. Took a long time, but I'm in now.

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 11:51 AM
We've been looking into reports of people having difficulty logging into Argonnessen and Ghallanda. As of 12:51 PM Eastern (-5 GMT), we believe these issues should be resolved. Is anyone continuing to experience difficulty logging into either of these servers?

Tazzcj
12-11-2014, 12:02 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have opened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

ok trying to log in and having major issues it keeps doing the 20 count

Inoukchuk
12-11-2014, 12:03 PM
We've been looking into reports of people having difficulty logging into Argonnessen and Ghallanda. As of 12:51 PM Eastern (-5 GMT), we believe these issues should be resolved. Is anyone continuing to experience difficulty logging into either of these servers?

I am. I think it has something to do with me being stuck at work, can you help with that?

susiedupfer
12-11-2014, 12:09 PM
When will the DDO Store be up for us to buy the new pack?

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 12:13 PM
When will the DDO Store be up for us to buy the new pack?

The DDO Store should be available. I'm seeing it in-game. Are you still having issues?

susiedupfer
12-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Yes. I have re-started my client twice, to no avail.

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Yes. I have re-started my client twice, to no avail.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Dagolar
12-11-2014, 12:21 PM
The DDO Store should be available. I'm seeing it in-game. Are you still having issues?

Only my Occult Slayer tree reset, not the other two. Aside from the obvious player issue of unnecessary plat loss, there are also some balance issues atm-

Edit: Display issues from the random skills active confused me, no balance issues :P

Edit2: It could just be a visual feedback issue, but Blood Strength (Ravager Tier 5) seems to only be giving the on-kill healing, and never proccing the 20% (or 10% according to release notes) on-hit healing.

The on-kill healing also seems to not be amping by healing amp, or got changed from both the release notes and skill text [seems to be doing 20base + melee power, solely; but it's on a level 20 barbarian, as well.].

Edit3: Wasn't Power Rage supposed to go down to 1 AP per tier?

susiedupfer
12-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Thank you!

SeaWolf925
12-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Just logged in after downtime; can not interact with bank. 1:44 pm est

Loholt-UK
12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, still having issues logging in. Cleaning up old connections again after a forced restart caused by getting stuck on a loading screen after previous issues logging in and an annoying visual C++ installation every time I start the launcher. Not a great first impression from the update.

Gratch
12-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Just logged in after downtime; can not interact with bank. 1:44 pm est

Yeah... the new shared bank interface arrows are kind of "amateur" hour. That's when I could see the bank earlier.

Now it's taking minutes to open the bank and popping up a lot of:
(Error): An internal error has occurred.
Mail also isn't detaching things.
{Ghallanda}

EDIT: Looks like they fed the hamsters as the bank/mail issues are now cleared up (for me on GLand). Good Jeorb and ty.

lizrex
12-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Confirmed that you still have to load who list to see lfm posters.

Kristii
12-11-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this, but I can't, and I mean literally, CAN'T get into the game. I've attempted login about seven times, and every time, I get to the character selection screen, then it takes forever to load a character, then there's red lag, then it crashes saying the connection timed out. It's the same thing that used to happen all the time when I first attempted logging in, back before the preloader. Back then, it would always work the second time around, but not now. Have tried restarting my computer twice.

On top of this, DDO doesn't function at all, period, on my husband's computer now. The client won't even launch. He gets the error message QtWebKit4.dll is missing from his computer. Both these computers ran DDO just fine last night. Update 24 BUTCHERED DDO for us.

Cordovan
12-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Confirmed that you still have to load who list to see lfm posters.

Indeed, it does look like the LFM panel names still do not display unless you first load the Who panel up. I'll put it back into the Known Issues.

TEcarson
12-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this, but I can't, and I mean literally, CAN'T get into the game. I've attempted login about seven times, and every time, I get to the character selection screen, then it takes forever to load a character, then there's red lag, then it crashes saying the connection timed out. It's the same thing that used to happen all the time when I first attempted logging in, back before the preloader. Back then, it would always work the second time around, but not now. Have tried restarting my computer twice.

On top of this, DDO doesn't function at all, period, on my husband's computer now. The client won't even launch. He gets the error message QtWebKit4.dll is missing from his computer. Both these computers ran DDO just fine last night. Update 24 BUTCHERED DDO for us.

I am not having any issues logging on, but I did look for the dll file you mention. On my machine the QtWebKit4.dll was not touched. It's last modified date is 11/14/2013. It (along with a bunch of other dll files) lives in the DDO Unlimited directory.

Hope things work out for you. I would suggest getting a ticket in, just in case your issue gets lost in this thread.

apacheizm23
12-11-2014, 02:12 PM
I am not having any issues logging on, but I did look for the dll file you mention. On my machine the QtWebKit4.dll was not touched. It's last modified date is 11/14/2013. It (along with a bunch of other dll files) lives in the DDO Unlimited directory.

Hope things work out for you. I would suggest getting a ticket in, just in case your issue gets lost in this thread.

No issues here either. File QtWebKit4.dll Last modified Monday, November 26, 2012, 4:16:58 AM.
UPDATE 24 BUTCHERED MY DDO!! AHHHHHHH LOL Amazing.

Phrida
12-11-2014, 02:14 PM
after update i logged in and played for about an hour, logged out and back in and i'm stuck on a screen that says "installing microsoft visual c++2005 SP1 Redistributable package. i've tried about 20x and keep getting stuck here.

apacheizm23
12-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Indeed, it does look like the LFM panel names still do not display unless you first load the Who panel up. I'll put it back into the Known Issues.

You are correct it still does not display properly.. After logging in first thing I do is get the WHO list going to see what's going on in the LFM.. Annoying.

giluke
12-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Updated the game
Impossible to log in
I chosed the server and logged in => game crash

already tried 4 times with no success

Kristii
12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Updated the game
Impossible to log in
I chosed the server and logged in => game crash

already tried 4 times with no success

Same, although others who've seen this seem to ignore that in favor of making fun of what happened to my husband's computer. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Am now in the middle of my 9th (?) crash on my own computer. Looks like they'll BOTH have to have the game reinstalled. Say goodbye to actually getting to PLAY on my day off. Like I said, butchered! Thanks for nothing!

TEcarson
12-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Same, although others who've seen this seem to ignore that in favor of making fun of what happened to my husband's computer. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Am now in the middle of my 9th (?) crash on my own computer. Looks like they'll BOTH have to have the game reinstalled. Say goodbye to actually getting to PLAY on my day off. Like I said, butchered! Thanks for nothing!

Not all of us have made fun. In fact I only count one person (which is still one too many).

Either way, best of luck. I do hope you logged a ticket with online support.

abstraktpb
12-11-2014, 07:21 PM
I think its interesting that Occult barbs were promised that the bug with the capstone losing your SR if multiple of the same buff was cast such as primal scream but wasn't fixed I tested first thing when I logged on hope this will be fixed in next patch but other than that am loving the new changes

Qeistalan
12-12-2014, 12:13 PM

I was initially able to log into DDO/Ghallanda today (Dec 12), but now I cannot log in at all. The Turbine Launcher goes from Username/PW to World Selection, click PLAY, the launcher window closes and then nothing. Happy Cloud is active in taskbar but doesn't show anything's happening.

Not happy at all.