PDA

View Full Version : Pure AA Ranger - solo quest questions

jambajuicey
12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
So I've been running up a pure AA ranger to level 18 now. Nothing spectacular, but a change of pace. My problem I'm facing is that solo of quest is pretty impossible when it comes to being overwhelmed by shear number of mobs. The AE damage from improved precise shot is great, but hardly can deal with swarms of mobs. I was trying hard to use mostly bow/arrow and switch to dual swords on off times, but it just doesnt seem to cut it. I'm mostly in AA tree with 17 in Deepwood for the improved healing and damage boost as a Half-Elf. I never LR'd from the old setup so running with an older feat selection:Imp Crit: ranged, Imp Crit: Slash, Mental tough, PBS, Toughness. I see Mental Tough and Tough that could likely be switched out now if I have my AA requirements right? Not too sure what to grab, Cleave, Gr Cleave? I am dual wielding elemental rapier of air lvl 16 and envenomed blade and at base stats: 20 / 16 / 14 / 9 / 13 / 8 (pretty sure level ups in STR). Happy to LR into something more appropriate, jsut trying to enjoy a ranger AA life as much as can be done

Mercureal
12-10-2014, 02:25 PM
So I've been running up a pure AA ranger to level 18 now. Nothing spectacular, but a change of pace. My problem I'm facing is that solo of quest is pretty impossible when it comes to being overwhelmed by shear number of mobs. The AE damage from improved precise shot is great, but hardly can deal with swarms of mobs. I was trying hard to use mostly bow/arrow and switch to dual swords on off times, but it just doesnt seem to cut it. I'm mostly in AA tree with 17 in Deepwood for the improved healing and damage boost as a Half-Elf. I never LR'd from the old setup so running with an older feat selection:Imp Crit: ranged, Imp Crit: Slash, Mental tough, PBS, Toughness. I see Mental Tough and Tough that could likely be switched out now if I have my AA requirements right? Not too sure what to grab, Cleave, Gr Cleave? I am dual wielding elemental rapier of air lvl 16 and envenomed blade and at base stats: 20 / 16 / 14 / 9 / 13 / 8 (pretty sure level ups in STR). Happy to LR into something more appropriate, jsut trying to enjoy a ranger AA life as much as can be done

It's a bit tough to figure out your exact issue(s). What difficulty are you running - is it all elite at level? As a pure ranger and with those stats, I can see how you might be having issues killing quickly enough at range to keep from being overrun. What are your defences like, do you have the ability to stand your ground or do you have to kite most of the mobs?

A primary issue is slow attack rates with a bow, except when on manyshot. The typical approach is generally to multiclass with Monk so you can also use 10K Stars to keep your ranged attack rate up, but those types of builds work best with a few past lives and good gear.

Seikojin
12-10-2014, 02:45 PM
If you are going to kite at level, solo on elite, use manyshot to take the casters down fast, then kite the melee mobs about while avoiding ranged attacks. You should have went dex based since you can get dex to hit and damage for 5 or 6 ap. The added bonus is boosting your ac and reflex at the same time. If you could, I would suggest LRing just to get UMD, since umding tensors is your best burst mode starter for dex based, or even str based.

Other than that, it would be all about the kiting and paralyzing arrows.

Mercureal
12-10-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure if you've looked up other builds, but Sestra has accomplished some impressive things as a solo ranged toon. His builds are documented fairly well in his thread here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/429975-Sestra-s-Build-Thread

Just as examples of effective range builds in case you want to LR and stay with the ranged/AA focus.

jambajuicey
12-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys, I have other toons that are much more capable - I guess I was hoping that I woudl be able to melee multiple mobs while MS was on CD. I am fine with runnign hard on this first life guy, though that doesnt work alot. i think this was a build i followed back in the day when I believe it was good to go STR over DEX. I am trying to keep it pure (my own reasons I guess) and ranged as much as I can... I understand that puts me at a disadvantage.. just trying to get the best mileage from this life. Will browse some of those builds, I was just hoping to find something pure class.

unbongwah
12-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I prefer Tempest to AA or DWS on pure or mostly-pure rgrs; Dance of Death got a pretty big upgrade in U23, so it's a huge boost to your AoE melee DPS. Presuming you stick with pure rgr, I would LR into something like this:

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.23.01
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 28 True Neutral Half-Elf Female
(20 Ranger \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 364
Spell Points: 260
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 18
Will: 5

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 18 28
Dexterity 16 22
Constitution 14 16
Intelligence 8 10
Wisdom 8 8
Charisma 8 8

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 23

Level 1 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Rogue
Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 2 (Ranger)

Level 3 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack (or Precision)

Level 4 (Ranger)
Ability Raise: STR

Level 5 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant

Level 6 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Dodge

Level 7 (Ranger)

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 10 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider

Level 11 (Ranger)

Level 12 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 13 (Ranger)

Level 14 (Ranger)

Level 15 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Construct

Level 16 (Ranger)

Level 17 (Ranger)

Level 18 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 19 (Ranger)

Level 20 (Ranger)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Half-Elven Versatile Nature (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Human Adaptability: Strength (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Dilettante (Rogue) (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Sly Flourish (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Dilettante (Rogue) (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Shield of Whirling Steel (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Tempest (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Graceful Death (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Deflect Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Whirlwind (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Dervish (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Reaction (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Reaction (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Reaction (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Whirling Blades (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Dodge (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Dodge (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Improved Dodge (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Haste Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Haste Boost (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Haste Boost (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Elaborate Parry (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Elaborate Parry (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Elaborate Parry (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - The Growing Storm (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - The Growing Storm (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - The Growing Storm (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Evasive Dance (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Evasive Dance (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Evasive Dance (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Dance of Death (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Dance of Death (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Tempest (Rgr) - Dance of Death (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Far Shot (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Sneak Attack (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Exposing Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Stealthy (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Stealthy (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Increased Empathy (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Tendon Cut (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Tendon Cut (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Tendon Cut (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Aimed Shot (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Arcane Archer (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Morphic Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Metalline Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Conjure Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - True Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Force Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Soul Magic (Rank 1)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Ability Raise: DEX
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Combat Archery

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: First Blood

If you have Harper, you may wish to start STR 16 INT 14 and shift some APs to get Know the Angles and Versatile Adept; in the long run it'll be a nice boost to your DPS. Alternatively, since you're lvl 18, you may wish to consider splashing cleric or FvS for your last two lvls: you lose the capstone, but pick up Div Might and a few other goodies from Warpriest (Wall of Steel, Smite Foe/Weakness, Righteous Weapons if you decide to switch to scimitars). In which case, I would start STR 16 CHA 14 when LRing.

Hobgoblin
12-10-2014, 04:11 PM
do you use terror/para arrows?

jambajuicey
12-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I havent used terror or paralyzing arrows, thought force would be better but I see where you are going. Going to see of I can toy around - is there a way to use dex to hit and dmg for both melee and bows? I'm open to using any weapons. (staying pure) - I could dip harper - just hadnt thought to use int since it was dump pretty much

Hobgoblin
12-10-2014, 06:27 PM
I havent used terror or paralyzing arrows, thought force would be better but I see where you are going. Going to see of I can toy around - is there a way to use dex to hit and dmg for both melee and bows? I'm open to using any weapons. (staying pure) - I could dip harper - just hadnt thought to use int since it was dump pretty much

if you are elf you can usedex for damage with longbows, rapiers and longswords

Hazelnut
12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
if you are elf you can usedex for damage with longbows, rapiers and longswords

If you look in the Ranger Tempest tree, I think you get dex to-hit and damage with scimitars, although it might take a pretty big dive to get.

Mercureal
12-10-2014, 07:59 PM

You have to be an elf to get Dex-to-damage with bows - so it's probably better to stick with a STR build. The changes to hit mechanics mean that to-hit has a lower threshold than it once had, and it's easier to boost STR than DEX. So, your ranged to-hit will still be fine with STR as your primary stat and DEX as secondary, and damage will be higher overall. Para arrows are useful for CC in heroic, Terror is a bit less-so as you need to run after them if the fear effect works.

jambajuicey
12-13-2014, 10:30 PM
I switched to para this weekend and it does help quiet a bit.. though basically takes forever to kill mobs between MS.. little flustered but not sure what else to do. Play past 20 as AA and does it get better with pinion or TF? or is it always bad?

bsquishwizzy
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM

Ummm, yep. Having the same problem. The problem is that a pure AA, pew-pew only toon does not have an AoE damage or CC. All damage and CC is individual. At best, you can switch to weapons, and take the Cleave feat, or kite. I hate both options, honestly.

Another alternative is to range from afar, and toggle between the rushing mobs using Paralyzing and Terror imbues. You hit one, the effect kicks in, then switch to the next mob and repeat. You need quite a bit of distance for this to work effectively, and if they get too close, you’re screwed. Better hope you have multi-shot still available…

Someone else mentioned something about bumping your Transmutation DCs and the Entangle spell. You’ll have to be strategic about placement, but it is a thought.

There are lots of options for splashing an AA. I’m contemplating a wizzy / ranger splash for next life. Drop a couple of firewalls, shoot a mob, and have them take AoE on their approach damage while you range them. It’s a thought.

Slaying arrows are a potential solution. Problem is, they are hard to come by, and even harder to manage in your inventory. However, if these issues are ever cleared up, slaying arrows would cover up a lot of missing gaps for AAs.

Ausdoerrt
12-26-2014, 07:30 AM
I switched to para this weekend and it does help quiet a bit.. though basically takes forever to kill mobs between MS.. little flustered but not sure what else to do. Play past 20 as AA and does it get better with pinion or TF? or is it always bad?

Bows in DDO are about lots of burst damage. So yea, that's about it.

You can try investing more into the DWS tree and make use of sneak attack to improve your off-timer DPS. Horizon Shot and Heavy Draw are both great, as is Sniper Shot. I've also found that DWS performs better in higher levels, while AA works well in lower- and mid-range heroics.

Despite the downsides, pure ranged is a totally viable playstyle even without going for FOTM builds, just takes a change of your mindset and approach to the game. You'll have to learn to kite and position enemies to make best use of IPS; manage your manyshot timers; disable auto-targeting and target the right monsters in the situation (I usually target the farthest for IPS use, or high-priority targets, which need to die first); make use of cover when appropriate; and make use of what few CC options rangers have (the list expands significantly with EDs).

Also, Gilvaenor set from ToD is good to have - it gives you +10% to ranged attack speed, competence-based. AFAIK, this is the only such bonus in the game.

I never LR'd from the old setup so running with an older feat selection:Imp Crit: ranged, Imp Crit: Slash, Mental tough, PBS, Toughness. I see Mental Tough and Tough that could likely be switched out now if I have my AA requirements right? Not too sure what to grab, Cleave, Gr Cleave?
You should have at least 2 free feat exchanges available - one from the level 1 quest, another from Gianthold chain reward (i.e. your choice of Syberis shard)

If you're going for pure(-ish) ranged, then you can feel free to drop the melee feats. IC: Slash is also useless for you because you're using piercing melee weapons.

Mental toughness is kinda useless, since AA no longer has that requirement, and you get more out of a T1 AA enhancement. Toughness is a flavor choice. Precision is more or less a must, as mobs get higher and higher fort with levels, and you need those crits. Dodge/Mobility are also good for extra dodge chance (dmg mitigation).

Kawai
12-26-2014, 08:59 AM
all tthe above, + dont forget basic fundamentals either....
Entangle & Circle Strafing w/IPS works very very well, esp with high DoubleShot.

Monkey-Boy
12-26-2014, 09:28 AM
I prefer Tempest to AA or DWS on pure or mostly-pure rgrs; Dance of Death got a pretty big upgrade in U23, so it's a huge boost to your AoE melee DPS.

This. Bows are weaksauce in Heroics.

Also ranging full time in the current game on a 20 Ranger is a bad idea. For it to be viable (AKA strong, not piking, actually pulling it's weight in a group) you need monk-splash and 10k stars.

The double-shot cooldown on manyshot makes it so.

I'm hoping this is fixed in the ranged-pass, but at this time it's the only way for it to be good.

Now a 20 Ranger who splits his time between bows and TWFing can be very strong, but at this time with Dance of Death being as powerful as it is Tempest > AA.

Kawai
12-26-2014, 10:51 AM
This. Bows are weaksauce in Heroics.

Also ranging full time in the current game on a 20 Ranger is a bad idea. For it to be viable (AKA strong, not piking, actually pulling it's weight in a group) you need monk-splash and 10k stars.

The double-shot cooldown on manyshot makes it so.

I'm hoping this is fixed in the ranged-pass, but at this time it's the only way for it to be good.

Now a 20 Ranger who splits his time between bows and TWFing can be very strong, but at this time with Dance of Death being as powerful as it is Tempest > AA.

actually?
all the above is absolutely true.
...for you!

Monkey-Boy
12-26-2014, 11:49 AM
actually?
all the above is absolutely true.
...for you!

Which means it's 100% right.

The fact that you need to have 6 monks levels to be viable ranged 100% of the time is really stupid. it's not just 10k stars, Dance of flowers twisted is 10 points a shot when firing a pinion, there's no way a non-centered can make up for this.

Look, I'd really like it not to be the case. But I deal in reality not delusions.

If you want this changed the last thing you should take is an "all is fine" attitude. All is NOT fine regarding ranged.

What gets me is this is pretty easy to fix, just remove the stupid double-shot cooldown from manyshot and add in Ranged power for rangers levels. If you put it in the AA tree it just makes Monchers more powerful as they can simply go elf/helf and take advantage of anything added.

Kawai
12-27-2014, 03:01 AM
Which means it's 100% right.

The fact that you need to have 6 monks levels to be viable ranged 100% of the time is really stupid. it's not just 10k stars, Dance of flowers twisted is 10 points a shot when firing a pinion, there's no way a non-centered can make up for this.

Look, I'd really like it not to be the case. But I deal in reality not delusions.

If you want this changed the last thing you should take is an "all is fine" attitude. All is NOT fine regarding ranged.

What gets me is this is pretty easy to fix, just remove the stupid double-shot cooldown from manyshot and add in Ranged power for rangers levels. If you put it in the AA tree it just makes Monchers more powerful as they can simply go elf/helf and take advantage of anything added.

i understand, totally, how u feel about this. and many others agree with ya.
-way too many, in fact. which is a problem, as i c it.

Ranged Ranger is absolutely the hardest class for anyone to pick up & b successful with.
people get frustrated by 1d6 & move hell on.
hehe.

My Main toon was Pure lives 1-3.
by life 2, she'd figured it out.
since then, she's been multiclassed w/ different variables @past lives.

Have three other alts doing same.
& one, in particular, is staying Pure, like, 4ever.
she's quite successful, & very fun ta play.
ive posted about it b4, w/ not much response,
but her main dealy is Nurse Build, w/ max DoubleShot.
trust meh when i say Manyshot is hardly ever used.
like, bosses/end quest only.

MOST all peeps believe Rangers r soooo gimp early on, which is totally untrue.
exact opposite, if done right.
all about Weapon choice, tactics, & playstyle.
-and yes, im referring to 100% Ranged.
been playing that way since day 1.
(and that was back when every Vet w/an attitude preached Rangers & elves were gimp, & 2b successful, one had ta PULL OUT TWF ITS FREE!!!!!! jabber jabber jabber)

i was loathe to do Monkcher, as i quite frankly could not stand Monks.
but yea, with enhancie update i tried it. fell in luv w/it, & haven't looked back.
however, as stated, ohter alts still go pure, & r quite successful, be it @ lvl 1 or lvl 28.

its just frustrating 2c others make statements about what works & what doesn't -out of pure ignorance. (& thats not a bad word, look it up)

Eth
01-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Nvm.

Zachski
01-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I would like to hear this miracle method that allowed Kawai to do well 100% ranged without any monk levels.

Grailhawk
01-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Given Harper I could see a Repeater build being 100% ranged and doing well it would not be better then a monkcher and probably a hair behind a melee-manyshoter but it would do fine imo.

Talon_Moonshadow
01-08-2015, 08:12 PM
All said here is good advice I think.

Personally, I do not enjoy soloing difficult quests.

I make heavy use of Hireling Cleric and Panther and Owlbears when I do.

Let me restate paralysers and/or terror arrows.
Also paralysing bows and melee weps.

w/p helps too.

Try your best to limit the number of mobs you agro at once.
Let one or some see you and just run away back to another room to fight them away from their friends.
don't shoot pull, just let them see and run back aways to fight what follows.

If your Ref saves are high, I sometimes kite them through traps. (or melee them right in the trap if I am really confident in my saves)

Try Entangle and that...spiky spell....(damn my memory sucks when I am typing on the forums...lol)
Jump Circle Kite. IPS para/terror.

In the past I have put my back in a corner and meleed with a paralyser, so only a couple can hut you at a time, and those are usually paralysed and blocking the others from hitting me.
and shield blocked to heal up as needed. (or jumped way if needed)
(but be careful of getting boxed in and stuck floating on top of a bunch of mobs...)

Continue to run away backwards as often as needed and use terrain to limit the number of counter attackers that can hurt you at a time.

a hireling healer on defense, parked behind you and run back to him with the mobs already agroed on you works well too.

Just some ideas...

Talon_Moonshadow
01-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Since you are probably not an Elf, this comment doesn't really help you, but....

I think my favorite build right now is a Dragon Marked Elf Rgr AA, with high Dex, Max, Emp, Emp Heal, skill points in Hide, Ms, Spot, Heal, UMD, and some Search as well.

Displacement really helps a lot for defense, and my CSW heals very well.
AA and Elf enhancements for temp SP gives plenty of self healing. Jump spell and jump heal instead of worrying about Concentration. Sometimes you fail concentration check, but usually can jump and cast and not have to roll concentration.

This build is not the best DPS, but is very survivable.
It is not for everybody, but I really enjoy it.

Kawai
01-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Since you are probably not an Elf, this comment doesn't really help you, but....

I think my favorite build right now is a Dragon Marked Elf Rgr AA, with high Dex, Max, Emp, Emp Heal, skill points in Hide, Ms, Spot, Heal, UMD, and some Search as well.

Displacement really helps a lot for defense, and my CSW heals very well.
AA and Elf enhancements for temp SP gives plenty of self healing. Jump spell and jump heal instead of worrying about Concentration. Sometimes you fail concentration check, but usually can jump and cast and not have to roll concentration.

This build is not the best DPS, but is very survivable.
It is not for everybody, but I really enjoy it.

nice.
i have a toon like that. i call it a nurse. :)
she's solo-healed shroud @level. <----- toots horn.
(well, 2b accurate, she was @level, along w/3 meatwagon beaters, but rest were higher levels.
no massies, but spot healing those three were fun & tough @same time).

I would like to hear this miracle method that allowed Kawai to do well 100% ranged without any monk levels.

spoken like a true lemming... :/

already been stated multiple times & multiple threads.
best bet though? start here:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425097-Arcane-Archer-How-an-eternally-ranged-player-sees-the-PrE-%28now-post-U19!%29

those r basics that any n00blet should understand first.
o, & btw? Pwesiela is still quite active & hosts EE pugs every day @Thelanis...
& yea... w/ Pure RangerDanger.

so if u really really truly wanna go the Lemming Route?
ask Pwe directly, k?

gather info, plan it out...& then build ur own!

or, conversely, u can always refer ur nastly little quote @1 of the many Lemming Wranglers on this forum, who's sole purpose in life is to apply their own personal builds ta the masses & expect them ta fly.

whtvr

Zachski
01-09-2015, 11:09 PM
You really shouldn't insult people who are asking genuine questions, even if they're snarking. I was really curious as to how you managed it, because I hate multi-classing. But now I don't care what you have to say.

If you want people to listen to you, talking down to them is generally a good way to accomplish the opposite.

Bloodskittle
02-02-2015, 06:42 AM
Quite frankly you are deluded, not to be rude but deluded is the best word for you, currently the only reason monkchers are considered good dps is their phenomenal burst dps, something a pure ranger gets to a lesser extent less frequently. A melee character can output far superior dps excluding the points at which high burst damage occurs I.e manyshot. And even during manyshot, unless adrenaline, zeal of the righteous or blitz are being used ( note the I have used all three in conjunction with manyshot to great affect) the dps from a bow is lower than that of a melee weapon used in the appropriate context.
That is not an opinion it is a calculateable fact. It has been proven time and time again and until rangers see some love from turbine (monkey boy mentioned changes that would make all the difference) it will remain so.