PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 3 fighter lives.

ClubbinSeals
12-10-2014, 03:36 AM
Hi. As the title says i need help with 3 fighter lives.
I have ... all +4 tomes.
Past lives = 3 barb., 2 pally, 3 monk, and will have 3 ranger.
Weapons = have everything i need for a staff, hand wrap, and khopesh life. Might be able to do great axes if i'm lucky on the AH.

So these lives have to be able to trap, and are just for leveling 1 - 20, NO epics.
Also having a strong source of healing other than umd would be a big plus.

Was thinking something like # ftr./ atleast 3 pal./ 2 rogue
Or
Maybe fighter/druid/rogue, i still have to research this since i know dirt about druids pretty much.

Would like to try to lean from quaterstaffs, just hate having to constantly watch/babysit them.
Edit: I prefer not to do a qstaff build, but will consider it. The constant repairing gets annoying fast.

Any advice/feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you everyone for reading.

PS .. Sorry if the grammar and/or spelling is awful, my phone hates me.

EllisDee37
12-10-2014, 05:00 AM
I'm a little unclear whether you want to keep using staffs or not. Assuming you do...

Just spitballing, something with 4 cleric or fvs for ameliorating strike + cures, along with 5 rogue for staff, plus at least 7-8 fighter just for getting the fighter PL might work nicely for a staff build. Maybe 8/7/5 fighter/cleric/rogue? 7 cleric gets you FoM and DW, which is nice. (And for sure, having nightshield for heroic leveling never hurt anybody.) 5 rogue gets you tier 5 staff spec, plus should be enough rogue levels to fill out your trapping skills. At level 18 you'd be looking at 6/7/5 with all the goodies except the last fighter bonus feat.

ClubbinSeals
12-11-2014, 03:46 AM
Thank you. Have messed with warpriest on one of my barb. Lives and it wasn't too bad. Will have to give the trees a look at and mess around with the ap. Deathward and fom are a plus. Will definitely give it a thought.

the_one_dwarfforged
12-11-2014, 05:14 AM
18 ftr 2 rog with khopeshes is good for heroics.

Munkenmo
12-11-2014, 09:18 AM
google pastlifenmo, you'll find a template that should help you with heroic lives.

Panzermeyer
12-11-2014, 10:38 AM
This Melee-Buckler build (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451054-Melee-Buckler-Fighter-past-life) is the one that I used to burn through 3 fighter lives. I found it very fun to run.

Ah but I read more about your weapons that you already have and this might not be the one for you then.

ClubbinSeals
12-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Might have to lean away from the 18/2 ftr. Rogue. Just too much fighter in my opinion, and too much reliabce on umd. Can't recall how much skill points they get per level, so between fitting in traps and then that might just almost impossible without dumping into int., which i usually just keep at 12 base.

Have seen the pastlife thing, has been awhile and will definitely re look at it. The main reason i stayed away from it in the first place was because eventually lives would get stale.

I won't lie, swashbuckler sounds like so much fun, but i don't think i would invest the time to get the gear for it, just depends on how much i need i suppose. Was hoping to do it on my bard lives, but that's not for a while though.

How fun are these monster champions? Make the game interesting, but hit like a god damn fire truck early game, like 50 - 60 dmg a hit on a cr 5 quest.

Panzermeyer
12-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Well if you have Quarterstaves, you can go at least 5 rogue for points in the Acrobat tree to help with Quarter Staves. If you spread them out enough you should be able to keep your skills and UMD up.

Could also do 2 Pally for lay on hands for emergency heals.
2 to 6 Monk for Further boosts to staves, 2 feats and extra skill points to keep your skills up.
6 Cleric for the burst for healing.

Even a 5/6 split leaves you at 9 for fighter which would give you the past lives.

I an not near the planner to look at different build out plans. Both those are what my thoughts would be.